Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage (8071 Views)

20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? / How Long Does Green Card Application Processing Take ? / Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by notjustok: 11:16pm On Oct 12, 2010
Well in as much as i have closely and thoroughly read through various post and topics i havent seen a forum where by non immigrant US visa holders could regularise there papers via marriage, weather fake or real i know its all same process, i would love the contributors in the house to please educate intending migrants through this means on the necessary documents involved fee involved and also best way to go about it,

1 Like

Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by oyewolejos(m): 12:47am On Oct 13, 2010
USCIS Fees= $1365
Medical fee=$200-$300
Lawyer fee=$1500-$3000
Wedding fee=$300-$800
Wife charges if is a marriage fraud=$3000-$20000 depending on your state, girl, pocket, and game grin
Waiting period all things being equal and perfect=5months
One thing for sure if u passed the Background check u will get your Employment Authorzation Document which u can use to get a Social Security number which allow u to work even though if your Green card application is refused. Social Security number is issued to u for life.

Just stay out of crime. Even if your Visa has expired 10years ago so far u enter the country legally then u can file in. but if u came in through mexico by swimming then forget it u have to go back to 9ja to get your papers if is a long thing. But if u were legally admitted then no caus efor alarm u gonna get your paper. If they refuse u go to vegas and divorce the girl immediately. Vegas Divorce system is very fast is like 3 weeks then marry another woman and go again. Dont ask me won;t that be suspicious. hell no everybody comes with intention to defraud them so it now depends on your fraud skills. USA Immigration is ba wahala. No stress unlike UK grin grin grin
Though i stand to be corrected if i will ever be on the above

3 Likes

Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by notjustok: 2:42am On Oct 13, 2010
@oyewolejos medical fee is about $250-$300 but the wedding fee no reach $800, YOU buy your marriage licence $75 you pay the Judge $50, wedding don set any other expenditure na OYO , if the marriage is for real i dont see the need for a lawyer cause all the info u need is on the internet , even the the marriage na game n u play ur cards well u still dont need a lawyer , like u earlier said USA immigration is not an issue except you no want just help urself i fink in all without paying lawyer n woman u no suppose spend pass $1500

ciao
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by oyewolejos(m): 3:41am On Oct 13, 2010
notjustok:

@oyewolejos medical fee is about $250-$300 but the wedding fee no reach $800, YOU buy your marriage licence $75 you pay the Judge $50, wedding don set any other expenditure na OYO , if the marriage is for real i dont see the need for a lawyer cause all the info u need is on the internet , even the the marriage na game n u play your cards well u still dont need a lawyer , like u earlier said USA immigration is not an issue except you no want just help urself i fink in all without paying lawyer n woman u no suppose spend pass $1500

ciao

Since u think u too know why ask questions in the first place.
If u dont need a lawyer who is gonna file the tax for u?
Who is gonna make sure u get your marriage license in 2 hours instead of a month wait at the court?
Who is gonna package the whole documents to make it look real a bit?
This is how 9jerians mess themselves up.
Moreover all the charges i quoted was just an estimate. I put $100-$800
$1500 for the whole process? Are u kidding me? Please tell me where to do that?
It would have been better if people can read before replying from their balls.
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by Nobody: 4:47am On Oct 13, 2010
@oyewolejos

Bad nigger grin

You dishing out the info to 'ém
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by notjustok: 1:02pm On Oct 13, 2010
@oyewolejo
Ur really need to be updated now read carefully let me educate you , when you get married u need no lawyer to do nuffing for you simply tell the judge you wanna take it down to the records department youself and he gives you the address and a note you wont even wait for up to 10mins to get it signed you need no lawyer,
Point number 2 who is i really dont understand what u mean by WHO WILL FILE YOUR TAX FOR YOU, what tax is a non immigrant visa holder filing  tongue tongue tongue  abi no be ur wife go bring out previous tax wey she don file in the last three years , we all know tax are filled febuary every year so what are you talking about
Point number 3 why do u need a lawyer to package what is actually real already abi you be immigration lawyer Mr man u write like ur a graduate so what do the lawyers do that you cannot do tell me what do they do , u be real clown oooo
How do nigerians mess them selves up are u not a Nigerian like i earlier said the total package wont cost you more than $1500-$1800 , make we dey tell pple the truth ok abi you be 1 of those pple wey they inflate price to pocket your own, come texas make u verify all the info i just told you infact go online,
can u imagine  you are telling me am talkin from ma balls me no be americana ooo i believe in face to face discussion not hiding behind your lappy n insultin pple if u wanna really insult me ma addy na familymancf@yahoo.com send me urs i would give u ma info and would fly to where ever you are in yankyyy so u fit insult me for ma face , shit man Point of correction LAWYERS WOULD COLLECT YOUR MONEY AND TEL YOU TO GO AND BRING DOCUMENTS WHY WOULD I GIVE YOU DOCUMENTS I COULD AS WELL AS DELIVER MASELF, TELL ME 1 FING A LAWYER WOULD ADD TO YOUR APPLICATION TELL ME,

1 Like

Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by oyewolejos(m): 3:43pm On Oct 13, 2010
notjustok:

@oyewolejo
your really need to be updated now read carefully let me educate you , when you get married u need no lawyer to do nuffing for you simply tell the judge you wanna take it down to the records department youself and he gives you the address and a note you wont even wait for up to 10mins to get it signed you need no lawyer,
Point number 2 who is i really dont understand what u mean by WHO WILL FILE YOUR TAX FOR YOU, what tax is a non immigrant visa holder filing tongue tongue tongue abi no be your wife go bring out previous tax wey she don file in the last three years , we all know tax are filled febuary every year so what are you talking about[/b]Point number 3 why do u need a lawyer to package what is actually real already abi you be immigration lawyer Mr man u write like your a graduate so what do the lawyers do that you cannot do tell me what do they do , u be real clown oooo
How do nigerians mess them selves up are [b]u not a Nigerian
like i earlier said the total package wont cost you more than $1500-$1800 , make we dey tell pple the truth ok abi you be 1 of those pple wey they inflate price to pocket your own, come texas make u verify all the info i just told you infact go online,
can u imagine you are telling me am talkin from ma balls me no be americana ooo i believe in face to face discussion not hiding behind your lappy n insultin pple if u wanna really insult me ma addy na familymancf[b]@yahoo.com send me urs i would give u ma info and would fly to where ever you are in yankyyy so u fit insult me for ma face ,[/b] poo man Point of correction LAWYERS WOULD COLLECT YOUR MONEY AND TEL YOU TO GO AND BRING DOCUMENTS WHY WOULD I GIVE YOU DOCUMENTS I COULD AS WELL AS DELIVER MASELF, TELL ME 1 FING A LAWYER WOULD ADD TO YOUR APPLICATION TELL ME,

Your blood pressure is flashing red.
See me see wahala.
As if u can even afford a metro ride to me place talkless of plane ticket.
Empty drum makes the loudest noise.
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by notjustok: 5:19pm On Oct 13, 2010
notjustok:

Well in as much as i have closely and thoroughly read through various post and topics i havent seen a forum where by non immigrant US visa holders could regularise there papers via marriage, weather fake or real i know its all same process, i would love the contributors in the house to please educate intending migrants through this means on the necessary documents involved fee involved and also best way to go about it,

Is this supposed to be an English class or an educative forum, look ma boy i gat no issues with i gave u ma info already send urs lets see who can afford waever, u insulted me 1st i only wanted to inform pple on what to expect and how to go about it in the best way,  ma email is familymancf@yahoo.com,  send me yours like i said hiding behind ur lappy n insulting pple dont work for me, wats ur info,  u say u be THUG 4 LIFE  abi,  we shall seee, lets make this thing happen, i really wish i could see you as in for real man,  talk talk talk talk idiot when u come online u fink everybody is ur mate, because we r all faceless stupid untrained boy,
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by oyewolejos(m): 4:45pm On Oct 14, 2010
notjustok:

Is this supposed to be an English class or an educative forum, look ma boy i gat no issues with i gave u ma info already send urs lets see who can afford waever, u insulted me 1st i only wanted to inform pple on what to expect and how to go about it in the best way, ma email is familymancf@yahoo.com, send me yours like i said hiding behind your lappy n insulting pple dont work for me, wats your info, u say u be [b]THUG 4 LIFE [/b] abi, we shall seee, lets make this thing happen, i really wish i could see you as in for real man, talk talk talk talk when u come online u fink everybody is your mate, because we r all faceless silly untrained boy,

U are a 22nd century slowpoke
Mothersucking Nigga
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by notjustok: 7:05pm On Oct 14, 2010
Please house b4 we deviate from the topic i really need to know waiting times after your parcel is received cus am finkin it varies from state to state, pls if u know kindly share with the house tnq

@oyowelojo
    No vex i agree am waever u say i am  tongue tongue tongue but e for better if we relate out side nairaland ma email addy again familymancf@yahoo.com,
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by oyewolejos(m): 10:22pm On Oct 14, 2010
notjustok:

Please house b4 we deviate from the topic i really need to know waiting times after your parcel is received cus am finkin it varies from state to state, pls if u know kindly share with the house tnq

@oyowelojo
No vex i agree am waever u say i am tongue tongue tongue but e for better if we relate out side nairaland ma email addy again familymancf@yahoo.com,
I thought u knew everything. Dude next time dont jump as if u are the MR Know It All
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by kadman(m): 7:51am On Oct 15, 2010
oyewolejos:

I thought u knew everything. Dude next time dont jump as if u are the MR Know It All

My brother please no vex.

Some people are just silly, and I mean you notjustok, you came to ask for advice, and you're fighting and trading words with someone who bothered to advise you. You're not even grateful, some judgemental Nairaland members would have been calling you all sorts for doing "Green Card" marriage.
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by johnkent(m): 8:08am On Oct 15, 2010
@Oyewolejos: i know you very much but most of the information you gave were very much incorrect.
You DO NOT need a lawyer to file for permanent residency through marriage to a USC. The immigrations forms are very self explanatory and all you need is to attach supporting documents such as marriage certificate, bank statements, life insurance if any, tax transcripts, rental agreement. I dont understand what you mean by the attorney filling tax for ya cuz u file ur own taxes.
Again, U dont automatically get an employment authorization document (EAD) when u apply for an application to adjust status unless u applied for an EAD and should your application to adjust status is denied, ur EAD will automatically be revoked. yes, you can apply for a social security number with the EAD but what good will the number do ya when ur application to adjust status is denied and EAD automatically revoked.

Looking at some of the stuff you wrote, i can tell that u obviously have no clue as to what u're talking about. When it comes to divorce, you'll have to be a resident of a state in order to apply for divorce. so you talking about running up to vegas to get a divorce is pretty much impossible. And yes, you'll have to show proof of residency which u pretty much can't make up.

Why would you think it wouldn't raise a red flag if USCIS denied your greencard application through marriage and then a few wks later, u file another application with a completely different woman/man Just think about what u said Mister.

As much as you think u know very much about the US, u absolutely know very little. You've only been here for a few months.
And one issue that i have with ya is your arrogance. U don't have to insult other people on here if you don't agree with what they have to say. We are all here to learn.
Just take it easy my brotha. Life is too short

2 Likes

Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by johnkent(m): 8:14am On Oct 15, 2010
notjustok:

@oyowelojo
    No vex i agree am waever u say i am  tongue tongue tongue but e for better if we relate out side nairaland ma email addy again familymancf@yahoo.com, 

USCIS has been more efficient in the last yr or so. Adjustment of Status through marriage is taking about 6 to 8 months from the day USCIS gets the application to the date of interview.
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 15, 2010
johnkent:

Looking at some of the stuff you wrote, i can tell that u obviously have no clue as to what u're talking about. When it comes to divorce, you'll have to be a resident of a state in order to apply for divorce. so you talking about running up to vegas to get a divorce is pretty much impossible. And yes, you'll have to show proof of residency which u pretty much can't make up.

@johnkent

nice post u made there.
For Marriage in Nevada: No residency requirement
For Divorce in Nevada: Either party must have been resident for at least 6 weeks

1 Like

Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by notjustok: 2:23pm On Oct 15, 2010
@jhon kent & Mr president
Bro am guessing the I -131 form which permits you to leave the country while ur petition is still on does it really work and under normal circumstance while filling the i-785 request for employment do people married to US citizens fall under C9 category

@ House pls ignore that OYEWOLEJO boy i have told him what to do he has ma email he should send me his i would be more than willing to meet him outside nairaland,  if he cant do that then house plsss lets move on wif the issue at hand,
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by johnkent(m): 4:28am On Oct 17, 2010
notjustok:

@jhon kent & Mr president
Bro am guessing the I -131 form which permits you to leave the country while your petition is still on does it really work and under normal circumstance while filling the i-785 request for employment do people married to US citizens fall under C9 category

@ House pls ignore that OYEWOLEJO boy i have told him what to do he has ma email he should send me his i would be more than willing to meet him outside nairaland,  if he cant do that then house plsss lets move on wif the issue at hand,

I guess you're talking about advance Parole. Yes, its okay to travel with it overseas but i would recommend you wait a few more months to travel overseas until u get the greencard.
And Yes, C9 category is correct and you can file for EAD with ur form I-485
Let me know if you need any help
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by Execu1: 11:13pm On Oct 25, 2010
Johnkent,

By your robust responses, it's ovbious you are well grounded & better positioned to illuminate/advice on the subject matter. If u don't mind, pls foward me ur e-mail add/contact details or reach me on uche_pngene@yahoo.com. There are a couple of clarifications I need to make, one on one with u. Cheers
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by notjustok: 4:06am On Oct 26, 2010
kadman:

My brother please no vex.

Some people are just silly, and I mean you notjustok, you came to ask for advice, and you're fighting and trading words with someone who bothered to advise you. You're not even grateful, some judgemental Nairaland members would have been calling you all sorts for doing "Green Card" marriage.

Some people are just soo foolish, if you like make ur family leave werin them go do they sing say notjustok dey do green card marriage it would put food on your table at the end of the month ok, i came here to inform and as well as learn not to claim MR KNOW IT ALL abi u be OYEWOLEJU wth another user id make we know now ooo, because any reasonable and educated person who goes thru this thread would know that i meant no harm b4 i was insulted, well like i said i dont do nairaland ginger, i have come to realize that sometimes on the internet you could be exchanging words with people who where still putting on panties while you where on the street  so if u gat nothing meaningful to contribute SHUT UP

Execu1:

Johnkent,

By your robust responses, it's ovbious you are well grounded & better positioned to illuminate/advice on the subject matter. If u don't mind, pls foward me your e-mail add/contact details or reach me on uche_pngene@yahoo.com. There are a couple of clarifications I need to make, one on one with u. Cheers

Sir with all due respect if you have an issue or a question it would be advisable you drop it on the thread so people with same issues could learn based on the response you would get ok,  i hail
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by oyewolejos(m): 5:51am On Oct 26, 2010
notjustok:

Some people are just soo foolish, if you like make your family leave werin them go do they sing say notjustok dey do green card marriage it would put food on your table at the end of the month ok, i came here to inform and as well as learn not to claim MR KNOW IT ALL abi u be OYEWOLEJU wth another user id make we know now ooo, because any reasonable and educated person who goes thru this thread would know that i meant no harm b4 i was insulted, well like i said i dont do nairaland ginger, i have come to realize that sometimes on the internet you could be exchanging words with people who where still putting on panties while you where on the street so if u gat nothing meaningful to contribute SHUT UP

Sir with all due respect if you have an issue or a question it would be advisable you drop it on the thread so people with same issues could learn based on the response you would get ok, i hail

This guy is so obessed with his world of foolishness.
This is 2010 nigga, get real.
The only person still wearing diaper here is u. Some ppl are just dumb ass mothafucking nigga sucking a dicck and eating a pussie.
Get a life and stop this campaign of calumny against me.
The next time u mention my name is the day u gonna drop death. Idiot.
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by kadman(m): 1:15pm On Oct 26, 2010
notjustok:

Some people are just soo foolish, if you like make your family leave werin them go do they sing say notjustok dey do green card marriage it would put food on your table at the end of the month ok, i came here to inform and as well as learn not to claim MR KNOW IT ALL abi u be OYEWOLEJU wth another user id make we know now ooo, because any reasonable and educated person who goes thru this thread would know that i meant no harm b4 i was insulted, well like i said i dont do nairaland ginger, i have come to realize that sometimes on the internet you could be exchanging words with people who where still putting on panties while you where on the street  so if u gat nothing meaningful to contribute SHUT UP

Sir with all due respect if you have an issue or a question it would be advisable you drop it on the thread so people with same issues could learn based on the response you would get ok,  i hail

You better address that line to your never-do-well family, if you know what's good for you. Stupid piece of shizz. You see your mate here ? If you've been on the street like you claim, you would know the first rule is. Never bite the hands that feeds you. You obviously have not learnt this, which is why you'll keep coming here to ask for help. Murafacker.
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by notjustok: 1:30pm On Oct 26, 2010
oyewolejos:

This guy is so obessed with his world of foolishness.
This is 2010 nigga, get real.
The only person still wearing diaper here is u. Some ppl are just dumb backside mothafucking nigga sucking a dicck and eating a womanliness.
Get a life and stop this campaign of calumny against me.
The next time u mention my name is the day u gonna drop death. .

Guy make we hook up naaa, all this nairaland ginger am not good at it,  i know am foolish OYEWOLEJU OYEWOLEJU,  familymancf@yahoo.com, send me ur email i go inbox u ma number,
kadman:

You better address that line to your never-do-well family, if you know what's good for you. silly piece of shizz. You see your mate here ? If you've been on the street like you claim, you would know the first rule is. Never bite the hands that feeds you. You obviously have not learnt this, which is why you'll keep coming here to ask for help. Murafacker.

Americana i remember when u been dey lobby for yankee visa now u speak like an americana,  U be real smally, shey na grad school u come do for yankee oboy i did grad skool 2006 so tell me why should i exchenge words with you no issues anyways God dey na internet be dis
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by Execu1: 8:14pm On Oct 26, 2010
Guys, I think all these verbal mudslinging on this forum are uncalled for. Let us tow the path of decorum & excercise restrains especially per our comments/responses on others. Certain exceptions would suffice, however when such resistance are invariably aimed @ individuals with fraudulent tendencies, I beg una!

Now my concern is on the workability of green card thru marriage, timeframe, the challenges, etc in the states. Could this be considered a preferable/easier route towards green card for someone who is legally in the US, but with a B1/B2 visa, otherwise what other options are available in this circumstance. Pls I want to be guided. Tnx to all potential helpful contributors, notjustok, Johnkent, etc,

1 Like

Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by notjustok: 9:01pm On Oct 26, 2010
Execu1:

Guys, I think all these verbal mudslinging on this forum are uncalled for. Let us tow the path of decorum & excercise restrains especially per our comments/responses on others. Certain exceptions would suffice, however when such resistance are invariably aimed @ individuals with fraudulent tendencies, I beg una!

Now my concern is on the workability of green card thru marriage, timeframe, the challenges, etc in the states. Could this be considered a preferable/easier route towards green card for someone who is legally in the US, but with a B1/B2 visa, otherwise what other options are available in this circumstance. Pls I want to be guided. Tnx to all potential helpful contributors, notjustok, Johnkent, etc,

Bro sincerely speaking this route remains the fastest and easiest if genuine yess other means may be available but not really accessible for those under the B1B2 category , time frame from my findings depends on where you are located texas 6months max if you gat no issues wif filling of the form and medicals and if you submit all document as required, Now 2 weeks from when you file you get yor ur receipt of payment and receipt number 30days from when u file you are sent a notification for biometrics a month and some weeks after your sent your work permit now u go get your SSN and then you wait for notification for greencard interview, like i have said and would always say if genuine you need no lawyers but you must study the requirements carefully ok, hope this helps,
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by Execu1: 1:10am On Oct 30, 2010
Tnx, Notjustok, I appreciate your response, but thinks it's certainly not going to be as seamless as your postings suggests, genuine marriage or not. You & I understand that most of these packages are arrangee. What's d idea abt the refusal/denial rates of such applications + other inherent challenges. Would'nt other options suffice if this appear more or less like staking ones destiny with, & taking a gamble with sm1 who may bleep u up along d line, Your post 's been quite helpful all the same.
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by notjustok: 4:01am On Oct 30, 2010
Execu well ma write ups are based on personal experience, you see arengee works if properly done but like u also noted the probabilty of the gurl snitching on you is higher if its arengee, thats why i advise ma people that genuine marraige remains the best but just incase this genuiness can not be attainable due to some certain reasons then the applicant must and should understand the what is involved howw by lots of research and questions. well if the gurl bleeps on you then ma broder its either you didnt do your home work well or mennnn its just bad luck, but ihavent seen or heared of a nigerian that was deported due to this reason, well if its arengee then i suggest you use an atorney,

1 Like

Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by Execu1: 3:29pm On Oct 30, 2010
Thanks for your clarifications Notjustok. I can understand your perspective & it does makes sence. Thanks again for sharing part of your personal expiriences. If u are discreet to bare it all here, then dial me up on 08122629797 or fwd me ur e-mail addie.
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by notjustok: 2:06am On Oct 31, 2010
@ Execu , Familymancf@yahoo.com send me a mail ok i would call u, no issues you ,
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by Execu1: 1:08pm On Oct 31, 2010
Notjustok, A mail awaits your perusal/response. Regards.
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by notjustok: 3:56am On Nov 04, 2010
@ Execu i don call u tire , u no dey pick ur phone
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by immi: 5:14am On Nov 04, 2010
keep in mind that fake marriages / paper marriages / marriages of convenience are going harder in the US and Canada. Lots of people are detaines in northern america who were involved in these bogus marriages
Re: Issues Arising From Green Card Through Marriage by Execu1: 8:46am On Nov 04, 2010
Notjustok, I swicth my fone to silent mode in the night. Yes I did notice a couple of missed calls from restricted no, so could'nt call back. Pls mail me ur no or let me know when u be calling again so I will stay put. Tnx.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dana Air Commences Flights To Kaduna…promises On-time Performance / My New Opinion Of China After 1year And 7months / COVID-19: Nigeria Bars Travellers From Brazil, S’Africa, Turkey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.