Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,726 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Why Is My Website Moving Slow? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Is My Website Moving Slow? (1414 Views)

HELP - Installing A PHP Script On My Website Using GITHUB / Python Is So Slow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is My Website Moving Slow? by uchae25: 4:14am On Oct 13, 2010
Re: Why Is My Website Moving Slow? by Afam4eva(m): 11:23am On Oct 13, 2010
One of the factors that makes one's website slow is if your host provider is overselling.
Re: Why Is My Website Moving Slow? by Beaf: 3:56pm On Oct 13, 2010
You have a slideshow that uses pictures that are all above 1Megabyte in size; therefore, your page is several Megabytes in size and users have to download it all the time.
You need to resize your images to under a 100 Kilobytes each.

Do that, witness the incredible increase in speed and buy me a beer sharp sharp! grin

PS: the name "wazobia" really sucks, cos it is very tribalistic.
Re: Why Is My Website Moving Slow? by uchae25: 4:14pm On Oct 13, 2010
Thank you, P.S. Nigeria is very tribalistic. But how much do you charge to work with me in developing my websites??
Re: Why Is My Website Moving Slow? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 13, 2010
@Beaf. Wazobia is a combination of three tribes. How is that tribalistic.

@Poster. Beafs advice/reason is correct. Too many large contents!
Re: Why Is My Website Moving Slow? by Nobody: 2:14am On Oct 14, 2010
Re: Why Is My Website Moving Slow? by Beaf: 12:05am On Oct 16, 2010
uchae25:

Thank you, P.S. Nigeria is very tribalistic. But how much do you charge to work with me in developing my websites??

I am bloody good and expensive grin, but I can give you free, high quality advice here.
About the tribalistic thing, there is no excuse, Nigeria has 300+ ethnic groups and some might not visit your site because of the name.
Re: Why Is My Website Moving Slow? by EfemenaXY: 11:53am On Oct 17, 2010
@Poster

The speed of your user's internet connection could also be a factor too.

I personally didn't experience any problems viewing your website - but then again my ISP (Internet Service Provider) provides me with High Speed Broadband . . .
Re: Why Is My Website Moving Slow? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 17, 2010
Efemena_xy:

@Poster

The speed of your user's internet connection could also be a factor too.

I personally didn't experience any problems viewing your website - but then again my ISP (Internet Service Provider) provides me with High Speed Broadband . . .

True. But a balance should be struck in design. So people with connections that is not as blazing fast as your's can view one's site.

In Nigeria, Internet Service Providers Suck!
Re: Why Is My Website Moving Slow? by EfemenaXY: 10:58pm On Oct 23, 2010
^^ good point about the balance being struck

@poster - revisit your souce code and see where you can make visible improvements
Re: Why Is My Website Moving Slow? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 23, 2010
Efemena_xy:

^^ good point about the balance being struck

@poster - revisit your souce code and see where you can make visible improvements

Hi, are you a website developer
Re: Why Is My Website Moving Slow? by EfemenaXY: 2:28am On Oct 24, 2010
nope not really

but I dabbled a bit with HTML, Macromedia's Dreamweaver and Flash

actually created a few web pages from scratch with pure html nothing else. . .but that was aeons ago smiley
Re: Why Is My Website Moving Slow? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 24, 2010
Efemena_xy:

nope not really

but I dabbled a bit with HTML, Macromedia's Dreamweaver and Flash

actually created a few web pages from scratch with pure html nothing else. . .but that was aeons ago smiley

I like people like you. Experience is great! And your's on HTML is great also!
Re: Why Is My Website Moving Slow? by EfemenaXY: 10:19pm On Oct 24, 2010
^^ thanks man!

I did try my hands with a bit of OO hardcore programming (C++, VB & Java) but not on a commercial scale

I used a bit of RPG running on the AS400 Operating System a bit at work. . .was okay for generating reports and the like

but I've moved away from all that techie stuff now smiley smiley
Re: Why Is My Website Moving Slow? by incometrader(m): 8:06pm On Oct 18, 2013
Valuable tips to make your website fast -> http://topserve.com.ng/website-fast/
Re: Why Is My Website Moving Slow? by GideonG(m): 9:46pm On Oct 18, 2013
Go to www.smush.it and upload all your images from your img folder and compress their sizes (without reducing the quality). The sizes of your images will reduce and the website will be fast.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Beta Testers For My App Before Its Official Release / Software Engineers Needed / Techpowerup GPU-Z

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.