Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Yahoo Chat And Yahoo Mail Beta Now Integrated - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Yahoo Chat And Yahoo Mail Beta Now Integrated (5050 Views)

Is Yahoo Mail Down? (Temporary Error 1) / Spam Mails Every Day In Yahoo Mail! / Internet Explorer And Yahoo Mail: 'Error On Page' (2) (3) (4)

Yahoo Chat And Yahoo Mail Beta Now Integrated by Zule(m): 2:02pm On May 11, 2007
HI guys you don't have to sign in to yahoo messenger in order to see your contacts on line or chat with them just sign in to yahoo mail beta then your just there. Exciting features. Yahoo! is trying.
Re: Yahoo Chat And Yahoo Mail Beta Now Integrated by Seun(m): 2:28pm On May 11, 2007
I've just logged in to Yahoo Mail Beta and I can't see my Yahoo Messenger contacts there. Can you teach me how?
Re: Yahoo Chat And Yahoo Mail Beta Now Integrated by Okejazz(m): 3:16pm On May 11, 2007
Last i checked Yahoo Mail Beta was slllloowwww, much slower than the regular yahoo mail.
Re: Yahoo Chat And Yahoo Mail Beta Now Integrated by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 11, 2007
Seun:

I've just logged in to Yahoo Mail Beta and I can't see my Yahoo Messenger contacts there. Can you teach me how?

me neither.
Re: Yahoo Chat And Yahoo Mail Beta Now Integrated by Cactus(m): 5:36pm On May 11, 2007
The integration of YIM into Yahoo mail its cool but kinda sucks. If you are logged in to yahoo messenger via the desktop client, and then u enable messenger in yahoo mail. Log into yahoo mail and the system notifies you that you will be logged out of the desktop client. compared to google talk. if u r logged in with the desktop client and if u r using the chat from google mail, it doesnt log you out.

well is always too slow in getting things done,
Re: Yahoo Chat And Yahoo Mail Beta Now Integrated by smile4kenn(m): 5:05am On May 12, 2007
open www.yahoo.com click on messenger, then u will see a link u can sign into your yahoo messenger. You dont need to download yahoo messenger on your PC before you can access it. It is just on the website
Re: Yahoo Chat And Yahoo Mail Beta Now Integrated by woleprof(m): 11:07am On May 12, 2007
@poster

the correct link is webmessenger.yahoo.com

Note: do not add the normal www before the address.

let me knw if it works for u. no more download, but it has is disadvantages too.
Re: Yahoo Chat And Yahoo Mail Beta Now Integrated by toksdara(m): 3:34pm On May 12, 2007
Gmail started it first and I guess Yahoo just wanted to keep up with competition.

You can only enjoy the service with fast bandwith, otherwise, you might prefer to use them separately. People abroad and a few in Naija with fast internet speed will enjoy the service.

You can also do exclusive chatting now without either your mailbox or yahoo messenger desktop. the site is http://messenger.yahoo.com/webmessenger.php
Re: Yahoo Chat And Yahoo Mail Beta Now Integrated by Zule(m): 12:41am On May 13, 2007
when u sign in to ur yahoo mail beta
just allow it to boot every thing is automatical
if it doesn't appear
then yahoo is still working on it
hence the name beta just cool
down. it will still circulate when the time comes
Re: Yahoo Chat And Yahoo Mail Beta Now Integrated by Zule(m): 12:42am On May 13, 2007
pls its not the popular web messeneger
Re: Yahoo Chat And Yahoo Mail Beta Now Integrated by niyyie(m): 1:23am On May 13, 2007
Yahoo Web Messenger had always existed before now.
Re: Yahoo Chat And Yahoo Mail Beta Now Integrated by iice(f): 4:40am On May 13, 2007
Yup, got ma offline msgs when i opened my mail, also left offline msgs. But when i opened my other mail, nothing indicating the merging of yahoo msger and mail. Didnt see anything. Sides i prefer using my msger application. Beta is too slow for me.
Re: Yahoo Chat And Yahoo Mail Beta Now Integrated by Zule(m): 7:50am On May 14, 2007
note before u can use it
u don't have to log in to yahoo messenger
just login to yahoo mail beta
and u are both on yahoo mail and yahoo messenger at the same time
Re: Yahoo Chat And Yahoo Mail Beta Now Integrated by abohrandy: 3:38pm On May 15, 2007
okay there is a difference btw the webmessenger.yahoo.com and the traditional yahoo messenger (the one which is downloaded). and i just logged on to the web version and i could not get to talk to a nairalander by clicking on his online status like with the old one.
and also you can access your address book and do pc-to-pc calls like the traditional yahoo messenger. so i don't think i will go in for that one.

well for the yahoo mail beta, i don't like that one bcoz i get to use it only in the mornings when the connection is not yet conjested. wel i styl have to check out the yahoo mail beta'a own messenger!!
Re: Yahoo Chat And Yahoo Mail Beta Now Integrated by niyyie(m): 6:14pm On Jun 12, 2007
Its true. Yahoo Chat And Yahoo Mail Beta Now Integrated. Mine is active and I can actually chat from within the Yahoo Mail Beta interface.
Re: Yahoo Chat And Yahoo Mail Beta Now Integrated by Ralvy(m): 3:53pm On Aug 03, 2007
Tryna copy Gmail>

Gmail Rules*
Re: Yahoo Chat And Yahoo Mail Beta Now Integrated by Makavelis(m): 8:26pm On Oct 03, 2010
If you want to chat with all your friends at the same time, visit our public chat boards, log on to www.campusnigeria.com/chat

Close / New Zinox Core I7 Laptops For Sale / How Do I Download From Youtube With Nokia E5?