Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

Guys: Sometimes No Means No! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys: Sometimes No Means No! (1370 Views)

No Means No??? / Reasons Why Nice Guys Sometimes Finish Last / No Means No (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by luxoire(f): 2:21pm On May 11, 2007
I am sick and tired of naija guys, that can't seem to understand the meaning of NO.
NO I don't want your number
NO i don't want to give u my number
NO i don't want to even know you
NO i don't want to date you,
NO, i aint playing hard to get, i really don't think your hot, and i really don't want to date u

Tell me guys, why do some of you not want to take NO for an answer?, Na water dey una head, abi na brain?

Ladies, do you meet these kind of guys too?
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by Adetife: 2:35pm On May 11, 2007
Whoa! Gotta agree wit u on this point thou, some guyz just don't know wen to leave it as the girl aint interested.
I know being persistent can be a good quality to have at times, but pls dont embarrass yoslf cos of some girl u just saw - that u're only gonna end up abusing anywayz. Dont get it undecided

But in contrast some girlz like to front too initially and the guy being persistent can turn the situation around - so i guess its taking the good with the bad cheesy
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by luxoire(f): 2:44pm On May 11, 2007
lol @Adetife

No sometimes, if a girl is playing hard to get 'she go dey tok YES and NO at the same time'. I don't do possessive and/or persistent boyfriends.
I want a man not a child, If i tell u something one, twice, thrice, i no go tok again ohh, d day when ur wahala pass my pawa, i go carry my load waka, leave anoda babe to deal wit u

To me, when a guy handles a NO, without persistence, it shows a backbone oh!, because the way mesef dey tok d NO sometimes, i come dey sorry for some of d guys
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by cuteass1(f): 3:05pm On May 11, 2007
@ Luxoire

You never cease to amuse me with your threads. But what can little me say? I love ' em cheesy

I totally agree that its kind of annoying when you actually mean NO, you wonder if they're deaf, ignorant or just playing the role of a fool in a drama

but then, i don't always blame them because for some girls thats their "pillar",

i mean the men's persistane is what makes them feel like ladies, Cos they enjoy the boost wink And hey, when its someone you like, it doesnt hurt that much lol

Like your topic said "sometimes NO means NO"

but then how do you tell "sometimes"??

I guess like adetlife said, its a happy or sad ending . . you'll either end up lucky and feeling happy or as miserable as you were before you walked up to the girl!!!

In conclussion i guess the saying makes sense: the end justifies the means cool
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by iice(f): 3:31pm On May 11, 2007
luxoire:

I am sick and tired of naija guys, that can't seem to understand the meaning of NO.
NO, i aint playing hard to get, i really don't think your hot, and i really don't want to date u

tell me guys, why do some of u, not want to take NO for an answer?, na water dey una head, abi na brain?

ladies, do ya'll meet these kind of guys too?

I bloody concur! grin

I start out nicely, thanks but no thanks
Then it becomes, oh you're dreaming
Then it becomes, still dreaming?
Then it becomes NO
And when it doesnt work, i give him a blast of me and that does wonders.  I don't see him again! grin
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by Adetife: 4:19pm On May 11, 2007
iice:

I bloody concur! grin
I start out nicely, thanks but no thanks
Then it becomes, oh you're dreaming
Then it becomes, still dreaming?
Then it becomes NO
And when it doesnt work, i give him a blast of me and that does wonders.  I don't see him again! grin

Aight i can deal and understand this play out of responses, anyman that refuses to accept this is in-effect a retard.

luxoire:

lol @Adetife
To me, when a guy handles a NO, without persistence, it shows a backbone oh!, because the way mesef dey tok d NO sometimes, i come dey sorry for some of d guys

Aight - so have u evr had one of those situations u wasn't interested hence the harsh response, but then the guy comes back with an amusing/soothing response that puts a smile on yo face - what then?
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by iice(f): 4:26pm On May 11, 2007
Adetife:

Aight i can deal and understand this play out of responses, anyman that refuses to accept this is in-effect a retard.

Oh you would be surprised how many of these men are out there.
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by luxoire(f): 4:38pm On May 11, 2007
@Adetife, actually NO i havent, because i normally dont play games, if i like a guy and i dont want to date u just yet, i will say yes to u starting communication, but NO to dating u.

@iice, ouch, anyway u start out slowly and give them time to back off, and if they don't , then they deserve the blasting u give them

@cute, haha, i'm glad i amuse u oh, because u sef, make me laugh. The means justify the ends, but sometimes u can lose the best girl just by 'nagging' her
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by cuteass1(f): 4:58pm On May 11, 2007
luxoire:

@cute, haha, i'm glad i amuse u oh, because u sef, make me laugh. The means justify the ends, but sometimes u can lose the best girl just by 'nagging' her

Truth be told, i've actually heard some girls complain of the guy not being serious because he didnt persist after she said no

Some girls weigh how genuine a guy is by how stubborn they are to taking "No" for an answer, and some girls too might loose a great catch because even though he's a catch, he's not into the "i have to fool myself to win her heart" agenda (it goes both ways)

and it all brings us back to a former topic of "should girls play hard to get?"

some do, some don't . . some guys prefer girls that do, some don't. Different sizes for different coats wink wink
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by luxoire(f): 5:29pm On May 11, 2007
@cute, i suppose that is one side of some women i wont understand!!

How can u possibly judge a guy's intentions by how much he nags u, wahala dey oh!!, i guess im kinda different!

Coming to teh hard-to-get thing, i have a male friend that, if u play hard to get, he will play along oh, but when he gets tired of it, he will just keep playing along, d day u gree for am, he will make u 'pay' for it. He thinks by d time he has he wont want u anymore, he only wants to 'puinish' u abit for making him suffer, tehn he gon' dump ur a*se.
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by ajayi1(m): 5:45pm On May 11, 2007
Dont try to embarrass guys, You just have to undertand their needs.
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by luxoire(f): 5:47pm On May 11, 2007
@jayi, nobody is trying to embarass them, some of them manage that quite well on their own, they don't need help with it!!
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by cuteass1(f): 5:56pm On May 11, 2007
luxoire:

@cute, i suppose that is one side of some women i wont understand!!

How can u possibly judge a guy's intentions by how much he nags u, wahala dey oh!!, i guess im kind of different!

Coming to the hard-to-get thing, i have a male friend that, if u play hard to get, he will play along oh, but when he gets tired of it, he will just keep playing along, d day u gree for am, he will make u 'pay' for it. He thinks by d time he has he wont want u anymore, he only wants to 'puinish' u abit for making him suffer, tehn he gon' dump your a*se.

That is another bad luck some girls manage to put themselves into, yea the guy will vow "i must get her even if it takes the last drop of my sweat" and the swear isnt out of love no more, but to "show" her

Infact this whole "love" thing tire me, its one gig stuggle, some have gotten theirs and are happy, some are still searching. You can't point at one rule that is constant, I just say "good luck" with your hunt, wherever and whenever your destined one and time is!! cool
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by Adetife: 6:01pm On May 11, 2007
LMAO - Just have to say this is a very interesting topic we have here and as u have stated there are those that will wait patiently and play along till that faithful day when it all comes rushing back and as the saying goes - pay-back is a b**** - Girlz just need to have a very difinitive attitude and responses when it comes to the opposite sex, as u're all are very different, hot to cold individuals and hence the reason why guys get confused as to should i or should i not?
From iice's perspective - not getting the point.
As Cute_ass mentioned - some just regard it as not being serious because he didn't pursue/harass them enough
What is a guy to do? undecided
I suggest after hearing NO he qualifies the following points:
- No is yo final answer and nothing i can say or do can change that
- You wouldn't think that i am not serious about getting to know if i now walk away right
- If i see you again can i at least say hi without u thinking i'm stalking u?  embarassed
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by osegwu(m): 6:05pm On May 11, 2007
Has it ever occured to you all that if a girl tells you NO and

and you BOW YOUR HEAD AND SAY" THANK YOU MA'AM that she

will think you are not serious? They want you to go after them

To show them that you are actually serious.

Some guys can be over insistent and that is where it becomes

annoying
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by chiegemba(f): 6:09pm On May 11, 2007
@topic; sometimes when u tell them "No",  "It means u've put up a challenge 4 them" so they try every possible way 2 convince d person.

"esp" if they want 2 get serious with d person.
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by naijacutee(f): 8:55pm On May 11, 2007
osegwu:

Has it ever occured to you all that if a girl tells you NO and

and you BOW YOUR HEAD AND SAY" THANK YOU MA'AM that she

will think you are not serious? They want you to go after them

To show them that you are actually serious.

Some guys can be over insistent and that is where it becomes

annoying
Trust me, some girls don't say "No" because they don't think the guy is not serious. They say it because they are simply not interested. I personally find it insulting and repulsive when a guy doesn't take my "No" for what it is. I feel he doesn't respect my wishes and I could hurt his pride, just to get my point across.
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by SweetT1: 1:06pm On May 12, 2007
@Luxorie
Do you ever say yes ?? Your name must be Nosa !!!
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by mrmayor(m): 2:47pm On May 12, 2007
How typical,women congratulating themselves for saying no to man.This goes to prove that women don't know what they want.

1.If a man takes NO for an answer,the women say he is a boy and not a man,that a man knows what he wants and would go to ends of the earth to get it.
2.If the man Refuses to take NO for answer,the same women say he is a stalker,pervert,bastxxd, etc.

WHAT THE F**K DO WOMEN REALLY WANT? shocked shocked shocked sad
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by Seyin(f): 3:07pm On May 12, 2007
From a woman's perspective:
You approach her and say hello
She looks at you and hears what you have to say
If she's not interested she will tell u: You GUYS need to learn to read women better
If she wants you to push harder and show her what you're made of there will be tell tale signs just as when she's not interested and stating to get annoyed as your pesterness!
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by chiogo(f): 3:18pm On May 12, 2007
Lol, i think sometimes women say no so u can continue chasin' them. Men like it when a woman plays hard to get, that makes them want u even more. But sometimes, girls mean it when they say no but some guys are too annoyin' to understand. Me, i say no to every guy if i just met u but if i've known u for some time, and if i like u, then i'd consider u.  grin
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by mrpataki(m): 3:18pm On May 12, 2007
Seyin:

From a woman's perspective:
You approach her and say hello
She looks at you and hears what you have to say
If she's not interested she will tell u: You GUYS need to learn to read women better
If she wants you to push harder and show her what you're made of there will be tell tale signs just as when she's not interested and stating to get annoyed as your pesterness!
What are the tell tales sign?

Personally every lady that has ever said a NO to me, if I stood my ground we ended up dating!
In my world I see a NO as guy please try harder! cool

If you dream it, you can achieve it! wink
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by Seyin(f): 3:32pm On May 12, 2007
mrpataki:

What are the tell tales sign?

Personally every lady that has ever said a NO to me, if I stood my ground we ended up dating!
In my world I see a NO as guy please try harder! cool

If you dream it, you can achieve it! wink

LOL - I personally agree that most women even if they like you would automatically say NO, but there are times when that NO is genuine and pesistance quickly becomes irritation.
The general tell tale signs are mannerism, facial xpressions and demeanour. Some guys just need to be quick to pick up on these as 'standing your ground' can lead to outright anger and abuse.
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by mrmayor(m): 3:47pm On May 12, 2007
Women please explain when No means No and when No means Try Harder.The fact is when women say no they end up shagging the guy,even married women do this,they would show you their wedding ring and if the man is their type and persist he ends up inher pants.
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by mrpataki(m): 4:30pm On May 12, 2007
My sister, that all depends on the guy playing the game wink

Knowing what a woman wants is different from a woman needs
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by Onchedu(m): 8:07am On Jun 10, 2010
If girls would stop using No sometimes when what they mean to say is yes, it,l be a whole lot easier for guys to understand that no is simply no.

U sef check am, how many guys say no at any time at all when what they want to say is yes, besides in humor.
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by Onchedu(m): 8:22am On Jun 10, 2010
Sometimes girls ask for more than they can live with. If guys listened to U all the time the world would a sad place for the lot of U.

See as unaided dey yarn No means no like if all the guys U ever told no listened to Ur no U would think of Urselves as whole.

shey now unaided dey run mouth. unaided don siddon think as if for be if immediately U take no all man waka?
the truth remains everyone knows what they want or feel they should have and when we find it or think we've found it we hardly wil take no for an answer.

If U say no, more often than not it's better U don't send mixed signals. when U tell a guy no to his proposal don't kept him around to fulfill Ur insatiable lust for atention cos that only makes him feel like he's been considered and ther is a chance U will accept his offer.

being terminal friends is not our thing. we want U, we want U, that's that. If U say no, be blunt bout it n let )r subseuent actions with us reinforce the NO.
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by SALady(f): 9:31am On Jun 10, 2010
Its the title of this topic that's got me worried and I have to ask, at what point does NO mean something else? It has to mean NO at all times not sometimes
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 10, 2010
luxoire:

Tell me guys, why do some of you not want to take NO for an answer?, Na water dey una head, abi na brain?

Galfriend it aint rili bout wht u sayn than how u r saying it. If ur eyes, lips and generally ur body language is tellin me sometn different, I'd rather stick wt dt cuz dts exactly d real deal. Cuz rili women actually act than say wht they mean. Its in rili very few situations dt both(speech & actions/bodylanguage) concur,
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 10, 2010
though tough to admit, i must say u gurls are right.
4rm my experience wif women, i've come 2 learn sumfin 'bout them - their Moods.
Sometyms a chic isn't just in d mood to talk, maybe she needs her tym 4 herself. un4tnately we guys can't just get it.

used 2 fink "No" means "Yes" or "try Harder" for a lady. i've grown wiser now. Just studying her moods & body language tells me whether 2
go on or Quit.
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by otokx(m): 11:35am On Jun 10, 2010
Some things are easier said than done.
Re: Guys: Sometimes No Means No! by Youngpo413: 5:10pm On Dec 11, 2015
luxoire:

smh

(1) (Reply)

Want A Nigerian Man Abroad Ready For Marriage / Lovescopes: Do You Believe In This: / Australian Farmer Blinded By Love In African Internet Kidnap Drama - Hahahaha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.