Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo (32360 Views)

Busola And Timi Dakolo In London (Photo) / Bovi And Timi Dakolo Show Smoking Skills At MBGN Event / Femi Falana: I Am Not Busola And Timi Dakolo’s Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by naptu2: 1:22am On Jul 21, 2019
Breaking: Police confirm inviting Busola and Timi Dakolo

19 mins ago

The Nigeria Police Force has confirmed that its operatives on Saturday , 20th July, 2019 served official Invitation Letters on popular Nigerian musician, Timi Dakolo and his wife, Busola Dakolo.

The invitation  according to the police is sequel to an on-going police investigation touching on the wider and highly publicized case involving Bisola Dakolo, Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo and others.

The Police in a statement by DCP Frank Mba Force Public Relations Officer Force Headquarters Abuja said the Inspector General of Police, IGP MA Adamu appealed for calm, and is reassuring Nigerians that the Police Force under his watch will remain professional, impartial and unreservedly committed to the pursuit of justice in this case and all other cases before it.

It further said that : “It is important however to note that a Police Invitation Letter is not synonymous with a Warrant of Arrest, and must not be construed to be one. Rather, it is a polite investigative tool used in eliciting information voluntarily from parties to aid police investigations.’

And that ‘members of the public should see it as a legitimate act in line with the constitutional mandate of the police, which among other things include the investigation of all complaints brought before it.’

Popular Nigerian musician, Timi Dakolo and his wife, Busola Dakolo had said that they were being intimidated as Policemen stormed  their home in Lagos today.

Timi on his instagram  handle wrote that he will fight for his wife and his children saying: ‘I will fight for my wife and my children -it’s the promise I made with my life and one I intend to keep .I will defend them from the unrelenting attack of a weak man who thinks he can use money and power to cover for all of his crimes.’

The police on Saturday invited Timi Dakolo and his wife, Busola, for interrogation over alleged falsehood.

Recalled that Dakolo, mother of three had made a shocking revelation in a detailed interview with Chude Jideonwo, a lawyer and journalist on YNaija channel of how the Abuja-based cleric raped her as a teenager.

The viral video report has set social media and other online platforms on fire, evoking shock, backlash and criticism from Nigerians, especially the Christian community.

Also in his reaction, the embattled preacher posted a statement on his IG page @biodunfatoyinbo denying the allegation, adding that he had never rape a woman all his life.

Timi Dakolo wrote

‘Our lawyers had told us to get ready for this letter.

‘We have long been ready for this type of institutionalized intimidation and dirtiness. Investigating officials have frustrated as a result of underhand delay? Dirty bloggers are fabricating things that cover the truth , going to the IG’s people under dark to force this case to be posted to Abuja?

‘Now this: a false investigation in Abuja when our own petition filed since June has not been answered and NO INVITATION HAS BEEN MADE TO THE ACCUSED IN A RAPE CASE?! NOT ONE MOVEMENT TOWARDS JUSTICE Rubbishing the legal and criminal system ?

And sending a bus load of questionable armed “policemen” and shady men lying in wait to intimidate my wife and children today, forcing their way into my home? Is that how the REAL police delivers a letter ? This is best you can do? This is why all the hurting women and families havent come out with HORRIBLE THINGS DONE TO THEM!!

You picked the wrong one and you picked the wrong time. Nigerians are more awake than you think .

‘I will fight for my wife and my children -it’s the promise I made with my life and one I intend to keep .I will defend them from the unrelenting attack of a weak man who thinks he can use money and power to cover for all of his crimes.
Like I said ,we have since been ready .
GIVE US THE FIRE, THEN WATCH ME WORK!

The officers came in a van with number plate BR932KSF.

Busola Dakolo had alleged that Biodun Fatoyinbo of the Commonwealth of Zion raped her as a teenager in his church in Ilorin.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/07/breaking-police-confirm-inviting-bisola-and-timi-dakolo/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

2 Shares

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by naptu2: 1:25am On Jul 21, 2019

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by Ayoswit(f): 1:33am On Jul 21, 2019
Na only invite dem invite you na, why is he ranting? undecided I pray Justice should be done.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by IamHeWrites: 1:34am On Jul 21, 2019
grin
Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by Rasbel(m): 1:34am On Jul 21, 2019
Where is Nwakampe abi what's the name again

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by culcat(m): 1:35am On Jul 21, 2019
Ok

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by geunik(m): 1:41am On Jul 21, 2019
Tjis movie need a title

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by Egbetayo(m): 1:41am On Jul 21, 2019
At least an investigation has commence . I pray that the justice will prevail �.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by TANID(m): 1:42am On Jul 21, 2019
Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by edo3(m): 1:48am On Jul 21, 2019
This dakolo sef.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by mrvitalis(m): 1:48am On Jul 21, 2019
But police has not invited the pastor, the accused

No wonder people don't speak up in Nigeria

116 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by Enemyofpeace: 1:56am On Jul 21, 2019
Me I no trust the Nigeria police o, they can be boughted by Biodun Fatoyinbo, but we are washing the drama

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by adewest1999(m): 1:57am On Jul 21, 2019
mrvitalis:

so because he no post am for instagram you dey talk say them no invite am

198 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by Enemyofpeace: 1:57am On Jul 21, 2019
Egbetayo:
At least an investigation has commence . I pray that the justice will prevail �.
justice in Nigeria?abeg if na joke make you stop am

14 Likes

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by Tedpgrass: 2:05am On Jul 21, 2019
Where's the evidence to corroborate that opinion?

Just because the accused doesn't squeak at every given moment on social media is not to say he's not been invited for questioning. And possibly attended.

But rather than do things according to the law, Madam is whipping up sentiments and is yet to give a full account or details of the said incident formally. Her social media interview can hardly fully suffice as a total recount.. You've got to substantiate your allegations so respond to the invitation.

I'm not a rape enabler nor an alarmist!!

I seek to know the truth

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by b0rn2fuck(m): 2:09am On Jul 21, 2019
How these people arrive at celeb still baffle me, i don't get to know most people until they trend on nairaland. Some people they even mention one fire and lighter with olamide, i do not know them. Only three things i do with tv , watch news, sport and documentary. I don't even watch movies.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by AZeD1(m): 2:11am On Jul 21, 2019
Why would you send armed folks to invite someone to the police station?

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by Jpseph7532: 2:20am On Jul 21, 2019
Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by Nobody: 2:22am On Jul 21, 2019
AZeD1:
Why would you send armed folks to invite someone to the police station?

But it is common seeing police officers go about their duties with their service armed. Timiis only crying wolf when there is none

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by Catchfirez: 2:25am On Jul 21, 2019
Na timi dey make this thing loud. Some social media activist will say they are brave.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by fowlyansh181(m): 2:25am On Jul 21, 2019
Just an invitation and they were armed fully ready for battle, and since when does it take more than two police men to deliver an invitation letter to someone who is actually a victim of the case being investigated as claimed by the police

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by AZeD1(m): 2:25am On Jul 21, 2019
Xda59:

But it is common seeing police officers go about their duties with their service armed. Timiis only crying wolf when there is none
There's a big difference between police men with guns on the street and them camping in front of your house..

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by inoki247: 2:29am On Jul 21, 2019
Some people don dey talk say dem no invite Biodun.. Biodun don go report him own case na to reply remain abi are dey expecting Biodun to b Doin Media Trial like dem uploading everything on Social Media. Even d Slapping Senator wey get video evidence was invited by the Police for interrogation

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by Jabioro: 2:31am On Jul 21, 2019
b0rn2fuck:
How these people arrive at celeb still baffle me, i don't get to know most people until they trend on nairaland. Some people they even mention on fire and lighter with olamide, i do not know them. Only three things i do with tv , watch news, sport and documentary. I don't even watch movies.
Conservative fellow like me..how you dey now.You spoke my TV behavior.

9 Likes

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by Gandollar(f): 2:31am On Jul 21, 2019
Police could have just called him on phone instead of going there in a bus loaded with armed policeman.

16 Likes

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by AreaFada2: 2:31am On Jul 21, 2019
Pure intimidation here.

How will other "victims" ever speak up if relatively well off people like the Dakolos can still be intimidated this way?

Fatoyinbo may well be innocent but law enforcement must not appear to be partisan. Investigation should be even handed.

32 Likes

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by inoki247: 2:38am On Jul 21, 2019
mrvitalis:

Lol who report d Mata shey until Mr Biodun start to dey upload picture showing is with the IG or at the police headquarters he no nid Media Trial... Even Slapping senator dem give am invite so who dem b.. Let's assume na just a single person go deliver d letter nd dey deny seeing any letter nd police pick dem up forcefully dat day or get a Bench warrant judgement on them u guys will still come out dat iz intimidation abi u think d Police don't know what they are doing leave social media and face reality.. If people like Jay Jay okocha on Tax fraud, dem politicians can deny receiving any Invitation letter nothing is impossible

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Police Confirm Inviting Busola And Timi Dakolo by gnykelly(m): 2:38am On Jul 21, 2019
Gandollar:
Police could have just called him on phone instead of going there in a bus loaded with armed policeman.

If court demands for correspondent of the case... You expect the police to be found wanting.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Blasts Rich And Famous Nigerian Pastors. Quotes Bible Verses (Pics) / A Lot Of Women In Abuja Today Are Nothing But Runs Women - Charley Boy. / Mike Ezuruonye And Chioma Akpota In Traditional Attire (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.