Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,125 members, 7,807,402 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

3rd-class Any Hope? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 3rd-class Any Hope? (2757 Views)

I Just Got A Job In A University With My 3rd Class. / Can I Get A Job With My 3rd Class Degree??? / Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3rd-class Any Hope? by TRUSTEDGUY: 9:41pm On Oct 13, 2010
Any hope for som1 who 3rd-class at all
Re: 3rd-class Any Hope? by Tomasa: 10:17pm On Oct 13, 2010
yes, there is hope some 1st class can not even defend it. my dear don't be discourage God is faithful.
Re: 3rd-class Any Hope? by abott(m): 9:55am On Oct 14, 2010
Uhm, am much of a reader on this forum and do less talk, but am moved to reply to this, cos of a good experience I need to share here.

Lotta hopes for the 3rd class graduate. I'll just wanna state here that the 3rd class graduate am refering to here is one that had a 3rd class, not because he/she is dull but rather becos of some other issues that didnt make him/her put his/her best during examinations whilst in school.

I'll start with a story of an older friend (this aint heresay) who finished with a 3rd class from Unilag (2005) in Banking and Finance, simply because whilst in school, he had serious financial issues which kept him out of school, and puts him in a bad emotional state during exams, as such ended up with a 3rd class, however after school, he applied for a job with a private firm, and the requirement was just a simple test - An essay on your dream of a better Nigeria, he was favored for the job amongst some 2.2, 2.1 and HND holders, thereafter he put in for ACCA, got another BSc in Applied Acctg in 2years, this time a First Class, believe me he is now works with BGL Securities as a Finance Analyst and earns over N300 per month, just 5years after ending up with a 3rd class !!!

Now this is the message, truthfully our society places huge importance on certificates, and most job openings in big multinationals do not consider 3rd class graduates, even government parastatals, hence i'll advise this 3rd class graduate should focus on some less-paying jobs possibly in small and medium size firms that would at least enable him afford some little to survive and plan for the future, this plan can be gettin additional degrees to compete better or starting out as an ENTREPRENEUR.

So, clearly having a 3rd class now aint the issue, its the readiness of the holder to weather the storm, face the challenges that would come in the short term for the long term to be better off.

1 Like

Re: 3rd-class Any Hope? by chamber2(m): 12:21pm On Oct 14, 2010
I hate it when pple respond to this kind of issue by first criticising those who v 1st or 2.1.If these grades r so easy everyone would luv to v it.

@poster

pls heed to abott's advise.put urself 2gether n carry on.
Re: 3rd-class Any Hope? by billydkidd: 12:35pm On Oct 14, 2010
There is always hope for the living. And why not if not - didn't Tony Elumelu and even the late Gani Fawehinmi have 3rd class?
You're talking about 3rd class, what about those with ordinary pass nko?

In all situations, don't worry, be happy.
Re: 3rd-class Any Hope? by larisa: 12:39pm On Oct 14, 2010
The truth is there is hope, might not be easy getting a job cos of the high competition presently, dont know what you studied but if you focus more on experience oriented jobs probably from private companies, sure you will finally come out applying for experience positions from companies of your choice. Good Luck
Re: 3rd-class Any Hope? by akanmu23: 3:58pm On Oct 14, 2010
My guy with a 3rd class, here is the thing whatever u may have made from school you need an opportunity to prove what you can do. I pray for oppportunities for u instead of punishing your mind with dejection. cool
Re: 3rd-class Any Hope? by alarm4: 12:38pm On Jan 08, 2012
HELLO @ALL,, PLS am new in the house, i need a Help from sm1 to advice me the way foward.
1. i had a degree Bsc (Hons) in Pure and indus. chemistry with a 3rd class CPG 2.01, wht is the way foward for me, incase if any ve had same experience and hw he or she has overcome the process pls infor me and will be very gratefull, because am stock within the wall pls help cry cry embarassed embarassed
Re: 3rd-class Any Hope? by alarm4: 12:42pm On Jan 08, 2012
[table] start with a story of an older friend (this aint heresay) who finished with a 3rd class from Unilag (2005) in Banking and Finance, simply because whilst in school, he had serious financial issues which kept him out of school, and puts him in a bad emotional state during exams, as such ended up with a 3rd class, however after school, he applied for a job with a private firm, and the requirement was just a simple test - An essay on your dream of a better Nigeria, he was favored for the job amongst some 2.2, 2.1 and HND holders, thereafter he put in for ACCA, got another BSc in Applied Acctg in 2years, this time a First Class, believe me he is now works with BGL Securities as a Finance Analyst and earns over N300 per month, just 5years after ending up with a 3rd class !!!

Now this is the message, truthfully our society places huge importance on certificates, and most job openings in big multinationals do not consider 3rd class graduates, even government parastatals, hence i'll advise this 3rd class graduate should focus on some less-paying jobs possibly in small and medium size firms that would at least enable him afford some little to survive and plan for the future, this plan can be gettin additional degrees to compete better or starting out as an ENTREPRENEUR.

So, clearly having a 3rd class now aint the issue, its the readiness of the holder to weather the storm, face the challenges that would come in the short term for the long term to be better off.

Report to moderator Logged
[/table]
it make sense
Re: 3rd-class Any Hope? by Nobody: 10:52am On Jan 12, 2012
Comi suiCide smiley
Re: 3rd-class Any Hope? by Idango(m): 6:02pm On Jan 12, 2012
Your 3rd class may be the best thing that has happened to you. You see, a first class or a 2nd class upper confirm you to this slavery that you may never get out for the rest of your life. A third class put you in a disadvantage position and you know it. so what that does is that your brain is open and you begin to explore business ideas that will make you an employer of First class and second class uppers who you will employ to make money for you. Get that ? You first class may as well be your deliverer from the slave trade called employment. Dont Join the slave market, be the slave owner.
Re: 3rd-class Any Hope? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jan 12, 2012
Bill Gates go school?

Abeg push on. I recommend looking out for [b]HONEST [/b]business opportunities. You are bound to come accross dog-faced Nigerians who will say shiit like "you this 3rd class graduate talking to me?" etc. Ignore them. those are the kind that will want to start rolling peace after you have made it. They are to be ignored.
Re: 3rd-class Any Hope? by enomakos(m): 10:55am On Jan 16, 2012
i have a 3 class in microbiology so what

those who graduate with me with first class or second class are not ever better than me today
Re: 3rd-class Any Hope? by alarm4: 8:37pm On Jan 16, 2012
thanks, @all,
Re: 3rd-class Any Hope? by bright007(f): 8:06pm On Jan 17, 2012
Dat makes u å third class citizen. grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Shell New Opening / I Need Writers - Rate Starts At N5/word - Reviews & How-to Guides / Now Recruiting: Adax Petroleum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.