Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,760 members, 7,806,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Do You Believe In Reincarnation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In Reincarnation? (5567 Views)

If You Believe In Reincarnation Get In Here And Answer These Questions ! / Why Do Christians Still Believe In Reincarnation?? / Does Atheist Believe In Reincarnation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by TRUSTEDGUY: 11:07pm On Oct 13, 2010
Do you?
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by ochungal(f): 4:05am On Oct 14, 2010
I do. I don't belong to any sector of the Christian religion, nor am I Muslim. So, I am free to think independently. I have spent a lot of years watching young babies doing things that they weren't taught, those experinces have brought me to my conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by AndreUweh(m): 9:33pm On Oct 21, 2010
Reincarnation is an aspect of Igbo world view. In Igboland, there are so many Ogba-aja or Dibia-afa (diviners). When a child is born, the Ogbajas will divine to know about the child born, his old world and his role in the world to be.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by ifyalways(f): 9:10am On Oct 22, 2010
I do,to an extent.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by TRUSTEDGUY: 9:05pm On Oct 22, 2010
Then how come we don't know about it?
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 26, 2010
Reincarnation happens of course.It's just that christianity and islam, our imported ''Tokunbo'' religions, have turned us away from examining such things.

Now it's all about ''Jesus''.  sad

What time is it? Ask ''Jesus''.

Do we survive death? Ask ''Jesus''

Are we immoral spirits in a temporary physical encasement?   ''Shush. Jesus alone is the answer''.

Our brains have been blocked of all thought and introspection by ''Jesus''

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by africhika(f): 4:38pm On Oct 28, 2010
ochungal on: October 13, 2010, 09:05 PM:

I have spent a lot of years watching young babies doing things that they weren't taught, those experinces have brought me to my conclusion.

really? like what?
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by adexchamp(m): 4:45pm On Oct 28, 2010
I posted a likewise topic last 2 weeks and i'm yet to receive any responses, !!!
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by TRUSTEDGUY: 7:54pm On Oct 28, 2010
Mmmmm, anyway we are entitle to our opinions.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by ugoric(m): 8:45pm On Oct 28, 2010
i believe in re incanation. most times i feel i'm living a second life. when i was much younger i use to have dreams about certain events. sometimes i see some people i feel i've met before. as in much older people who don't seem to have the slightest idea who i am

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by AngieFan(f): 11:40am On Oct 30, 2010
I do believe in reincarnation and I find the topic highly fascinating. The 'Obanje' phenomenon in Nigeria is form of reincarnation right?

I have heard stories of toddlers speaking languages fluently that neither Parents of other family members had any knowledge of. There was also the story of a little boy born in an obscure village in India who kept telling his 'new' mother that he was a shopkeeper Mumbai with a wife and two children. This boy knew his previous name and also the names of his wife and children. To cut a long story short, the boys 'old' family was found in Mumbai and reunited with him. It was quite fascinating watching this young boy of around 7 asking 'his' kids who were now teenagers if they had done their homework and what they had eaten.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 31, 2010
No
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by googles: 10:31am On Oct 31, 2010
they say am my grand-ma's incarnate . . . i look like her and take decisions like her they say.

I dunno wat to believe anyways. I'm sha not a ghost undecided
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by TRUSTEDGUY: 7:48pm On Oct 31, 2010
googles:

they say am my grand-ma's incarnate . . . i look like her and take decisions like her they say.

I dunno wat to believe anyways. I'm sha not a ghost undecided

grin grin grin
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by livedit(f): 5:54pm On Nov 03, 2010
No, I do not believe in re-incarnation. I am a Christian woman and believe that when we die, your spirit man either go to heaven or to hell. There is no such thing as coming back as a child, grasshopper, opposite sex etc. or anything foolish of that nature. I also believe that all those who have accepted Christ Jesus as their Lord and Savior goes home to be with God. And besides, if you are in heaven, why would you want to come back here? Lol, and the non-believers spirits are sent to hell to wait on the judgment for when Christ comes back and then cast in the lake of fire. And the believers will be written in the book of life and live eternally.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by adultebony(m): 2:02pm On Mar 21, 2012
Using the Bible to refute the reincarnation theory is incorrect. Have you read about Elijah and John the Baptist. Jesus is also refered to as God incarnate! There are quite a few examples of reincarnation in the Bible. Me think the question is 'WHAT IS REINCARNATION'?
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by buzugee(m): 3:55pm On Mar 21, 2012
adultebony: Using the Bible to refute the reincarnation theory is incorrect. Have you read about Elijah and John the Baptist. Jesus is also refered to as God incarnate! There are quite a few examples of reincarnation in the Bible. Me think the question is 'WHAT IS REINCARNATION'?
what he said
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by PhysicsQED(m): 4:24pm On Mar 21, 2012
Metempsychosis or reincarnation in particular are not foreign to African traditional religious beliefs.

Not all groups had it, but some did. I know for a fact that my group did.

As for whether it actually happens, I don't accept that it did since there is no strong evidence or proof in support of the idea.

I see why people would have believed that it happened and why they would want to believe that it happened though.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by adultebony(m): 5:12pm On Mar 21, 2012
buzugee: what he said

What who said? There is really no clear definition of reincarnation by the @OP or anybody here for that matter.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:23pm On Mar 21, 2012
Reincarnation is obviously true. It is accepted fact in all Traditional Pagan Religions. Spiritual Energy can neitherbe creatednor destroyed. it is conserved. One of the basic Laws of Physics and Nature.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by Jenwitemi(m): 6:36pm On Mar 21, 2012
TRUSTEDGUY:
Do you?
Yes, i do.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by deprince0(m): 8:25pm On Mar 21, 2012
ROSSIKE: Reincarnation happens of course.It's just that christianity and islam, our imported ''Tokunbo'' religions, have turned us away from examining such things.

Now it's all about ''Jesus''.  sad

What time is it? Ask ''Jesus''.

Do we survive death? Ask ''Jesus''

Are we immoral spirits in a temporary physical encasement?   ''Shush. Jesus alone is the answer''.

Our brains have been blocked of all thought and introspection by ''Jesus''

It is once appointed for a man to die, judgement follows. There is nothing like reincarnation. Reincarnation is an illusion. I was told that my grand father reincarnated our lastborn but our last born doesn't know my grandpa or have any knowledge of him. Unless you wish an evil spirit in life and family.I ask again, if not JESUS but who... Am i going to call on father or mother for assistance. Hell is real and heaven is real. Repent, tomorrow might be too late for you because you may sleep this night and never wake, i guess ur hope is reincarnatiom but bear in mind that GOD is not mocked, for whatsoever a man soweth that he shall reap. Jesus loves you.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by benodic: 3:17pm On Mar 22, 2012
Reincarnation is a direct effect of the Law of Karma, cause and effect or simply what you sow is what you reap.

through the process of reincarnation divine justice is duly served and even when some souls think they have escaped the long arms of divine justice by going through some loop hole found in some religions, the process of reincarnation ensures that such does not happen and that all souls reap what they sow and reap it where they sowed it.

The concept of reincarnation explains the inequalities you find on earth today. why are some people born blind while others see. why are some deaf from birth while others can hear. does it mean that God is partial loving some souls and hating others. the answer is no. God is impartial and loves all souls equally.

as souls come into embodiment on earth. they start incurring karma through their actions both negative and positive. judgement takes place every moment of a soul's life. at the end of the physical life if there are debts which that soul has incurred which it could not pay in that life then it has to reincarnate in order to pay that debt.

so those souls who go around killing people and stealing from people and then suddenly turn around and say that they have become born again and old debts have passed away are only joking with themselves.

they will have to account for all the heinous crimes that they have committed and if they could not complete it in that lifetime then they must reincarnate and go through the pains that they put others through.

the only problem it that when that soul is paying the debts he or she would have forgotten the previous life where he or she committed that crime being paid for.

God is not mocked at all. whatever a man soweth so shall he reap either in this life or the next life. it does not matter to God at all. what matters is that divine justice must take its course

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:23pm On Mar 22, 2012

All forms of life undergo this gradual process.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by Callotti: 5:34am On Mar 24, 2012
No.
Not interested either. kiss
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 25, 2012
@benodic, I concour! I have this scenario: two friends, who were initialy very bad, (they comit all sorts of sin u might think of)were involved in a business involving large amount of money. Now friend A thought he deserved to get all the money so he killed friend B(so B died, a sinner!). After some few years on earth, friend A met a `man of God` he was preached to and 'repented' of his sins (So friend A is now a born again). A few years latter A died too.
Questions: (1). will A be sent to heaven and B to hell?
(2). if (1) is YES, would justice have been done(our God is a God of jusice!)? considering the fact that both A and B have 50/50 chance of being converted on earth and it was A who cut the chance of B being converted!
I have only being able to justify what will happen to both A and B using rehincarnation. So I think, rehincarnation is true!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by Observer1: 12:15pm On Mar 26, 2012
reincarnation is real and jesus DID not dispute it.even when he said b4 abraham I was,I assumed that he said because he believed that he was adam incarnate,However,others argued somewhere in the bible that he was elijah incarnate.IMO
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:05pm On Mar 26, 2012
Observer1:
reincarnation is real and jesus DID not dispute it.even when he said b4 abraham I was,I assumed that he said because he believed that he was adam incarnate,However,others argued somewhere in the bible that he was elijah incarnate.IMO

dont lie! you are just saying so because you want your religion to somehow fit in and progress with the right views. The whole world knows that christianity believes in heaven and hell, and that it has no such concept.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by Dalby(m): 2:54pm On Mar 26, 2012
[/color][color=#000099][b][/b]John 1 vr 25 - 26

[24] And they which were sent were of the Pharisees.
[25] And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet?
[26] John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;

The people were expecting the Christ, or Elias to come back again or the prophet!

Luke 1 vr 11 - 21

[11] And there appeared unto him an angel of the Lord standing on the right side of the altar of incense.
[12] And when Zacharias saw him, he was troubled, and fear fell upon him.
[13] But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.
[14] And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.
[15] For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.
[16] And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God.
[17] And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.
[18] And Zacharias said unto the angel, Whereby shall I know this? for I am an old man, and my wife well stricken in years.
[19] And the angel answering said unto him, I am Gabriel, that stand in the presence of God; and am sent to speak unto thee, and to shew thee these glad tidings.
[20] And, behold, thou shalt be dumb, and not able to speak, until the day that these things shall be performed, because thou believest not my words, which shall be fulfilled in their season.
[21] And the people waited for Zacharias, and marvelled that he tarried so long in the temple.

The angel foretold the birth of John the baptist who shall born in the spirit and power of Elias!

Matthew 11 vr 13 - 15

[13] For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
[14] And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.
[15] He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Matthew 17 vr 10 - 13

[10] And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
[11] And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
[12] But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
[13] Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

Mark 9 vr 11 - 13

[11] And they asked him, saying, Why say the scribes that Elias must first come?
[12] And he answered and told them, Elias verily cometh first, and restoreth all things; and how it is written of the Son of man, that he must suffer many things, and be set at nought.
[13] But I say unto you, That Elias is indeed come, and they have done unto him whatsoever they listed, as it is written of him.

Christ confirms that Elias has re-incarnted as John the baptist!!!
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by emofine2(f): 12:07am On Mar 27, 2012
To an extent yes. And not solely of the body but of characteristics etc.
Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by benodic: 4:07pm On Mar 29, 2012
@ cogitoErgo:

@benodic, I concour! I have this scenario: two friends, who were initialy very bad, (they comit all sorts of sin u might think of)were involved in a business involving large amount of money. Now friend A thought he deserved to get all the money so he killed friend B(so B died, a sinner!). After some few years on earth, friend A met a `man of God` he was preached to and 'repented' of his sins (So friend A is now a born again). A few years latter A died too.
Questions: (1). will A be sent to heaven and B to hell?
(2). if (1) is YES, would justice have been done(our God is a God of jusice!)? considering the fact that both A and B have 50/50 chance of being converted on earth and it was A who cut the chance of B being converted!
I have only being able to justify what will happen to both A and B using rehincarnation. So I think, rehincarnation is true!

you are absolutely right. scenarios like the one you painted brings out the fallacies, shortcomings and loop holes found in the christian doctrine as being taught today. we in ECK, knows that divine justice will always prevail in every circumstance and that is why we do not bother ourselves with people's misbehaviours. because the arm of the Lord is very long and will reach you wherever you may be. every man will account for his deeds either in this lifetime or in another lifetime until the lessons of life are learnt. and that is the way it is. so some people who now decide to become born again in order for their atrocities to be forgiven are only fooling themselves. the mill of God grind slowly but surely.

it is always a sad sight to see a soul who have translated weeping with regret at the lost opportunity to learn the lessons and pay its debts while on earth and is being made to reincarnate to come and repeat the class all over again.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Reincarnation? by henrychubayo: 10:01pm On Mar 29, 2012
Plz all should listen to this important point. Reincarnation is the believe that when one dies, he comes back again thru his form or thru another form. If this is true, it goes in conflict with what the bible said about resurrection. Remember reincarnation is the believe that if one dies, he comes back but resurrection is the believe that if one dies, he is in the grave waiting for jesus call to come back to life just like he did in the case of lazarus. Two of them cannot stand together and therefore one must be true and the other false. Since jesus himself was resurrected when he died after 3 days(matt 28:5,6), resurrected some people when they die(luke 7: 13-15 & luke 8:54, 55), and spoke extensively about resurrecting both good and bad people (john 5:28 & 29) in the future, he also quote and explained what marriage will be like when people are resurrected(matt 22:29-31) because they jews knew about resurrection and ask more question about it. Jesus never spoke about reincarnation. their is no point believing in reincarnation because it is false. And plz don't just try to prove that the two exit because they contradict each other and both can not stand. Resurrection is true while reincarnation is false believe and teaching that their is life after death.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pope Francis Gives Illuminati Hand Signs Before Addressing Congress(pix) / Conversation Between Apastor And Awisechild: / People Who Mock God And Died

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.