Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,768 members, 7,806,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline (6462 Views)

Bot Gives Jonathan March Deadline To Reject Sheriff / Hameed Ali Gives Simon Lalong Gift (Photos) / 2015: PDP Gives Jonathan 1-week Ultimatum To Declare Interest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by Beaf: 2:18am On Oct 14, 2010
[size=14pt]Bash Ali gives Jonathan deadline[/size]
By Tunde Eludini
October 14, 2010 12:37AM

“Do I have to be an ex-convict, a criminal or a dangerous and wicked militant before I can meet with you?” The question above is an excerpt from an open letter written by highly controversial Nigerian boxer, Bash Ali to President Goodluck Jonathan.

Ali, who remains poised to set a record as the oldest boxer to win a world title has given Jonathan up till October 15 to declare his readiness to support his historic fight or risk the fight taking place elsewhere.

“Sir, once again, if I do not hear from you before Friday, October 15, 2010, I will approach another African president to host this historic event,” Ali had written in his letter.

Ali stunned many in 2006, when he suddenly declared: “I am at the ripe age of 50 years and all set to erase Joe Bugner’s name from the Guinness Book of World Records as the oldest man to win a world title.”

However, four years down the line, the purported fight has failed to see the light of day as it has been clouded with so many controversies and setbacks.

A new date of December 11 is now been proposed for the fight which is expected to gulp about two billion naira.

Multiple benefits

For Ali, this is not in any way too much to spend on the fight which he believes the country will reap multiple benefits from.

“Sir, your great and wise advisers advised you to spend almost N7 Billion to celebrate Nigeria’s 50th anniversary because of their personal benefits while Nigeria did not get back a kobo in return. Now, you have set up a committee to probe how the money was spent.

“The same great and wise advisers of yours are against your keeping Nigeria’s promise to me by investing a small N2 Billion to earn a minimum N75 Billion and nine Sports Academies across Nigeria because they cannot share the money,” Ali said.

A Guinness World Record fight has never been held on an African soil, hence the historic event is set to be the first and the biggest boxing event to hold on the continent since Muhammad Ali knocked out George Foreman in Zaire in 1974.

The International Boxing Union (IBU) had given Nigeria a deadline of October 8, 2010 to pay the $1m USD sanction fee which will authorise the approval for Nigeria to host the historic event or lose the right to host to the Republic of Ireland. But after the October 1 bombing, the IBU extended the deadline to October 29.

According to Ali, the 182 country members of the IBU and the WBF will be in Nigeria to watch the event and they include former and current world boxing champions like George Foreman, Mohammad Ali, Joe Frazier, Mike Tyson, Larry Holmes, Evander Holyfield, Ken Norton, Sugar Ray Leonard, Tommy Hearns and Joe Bugner.

In addition, local and international movie stars and athletes from around the world will also be in Nigeria to be part of boxing history.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Sport/5630137-147/story.csp

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=hHl4pm3pjs5zzhZKVTViRi6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxSbjzK5MZ15BanrXsePqV57nW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by Beaf: 2:21am On Oct 14, 2010
Here is a man who has obviously gone crazy! He wants to get in the boxing ring at age 55 and expects Jonathan to back him? shocked shocked shocked
Jonathan bera send a convoy of mopols to sieze the man and match him off to hospital for the best care as one of Nigerias heroes of old.
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by koruji(m): 2:23am On Oct 14, 2010
Why does this have to concern the president?

If the fight is not going to bring enough revenue for any promoter to pick it up, then find another willing promoter.

Crazy indeed!
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by Nobody: 2:31am On Oct 14, 2010
BASH ALI! BASH ALI! You are the man

Such a pity that u cant meet GEJ easily, unless you decide to join MEND soon
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by Fogman(m): 6:45am On Oct 14, 2010
H A L L U C I N A T I O N!
What is the guarantee that he can even win the fight?
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by mystikal(m): 7:12am On Oct 14, 2010
When did it become Govt resposibility to organise suicide attempts boxing bouts?
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by nex(m): 7:29am On Oct 14, 2010
This man disturbed OBJ with this fraud before OBJ left office. He could not approach Yar'Adua due to the man's prudent spending. Now he has seen a big spending President who doesn't think well and he's now threatening. Please help me ask Bash Ali when the job of the President included "Boxing Promoter". Why doesn't he approach the Ministry of Sports or NBF? Which promise did Nigeria make to him?
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by slap1(m): 7:51am On Oct 14, 2010
“Sir, your great and wise advisers advised you to spend almost N7 Billion to celebrate Nigeria’s 50th anniversary because of their personal benefits while Nigeria did not get back a kobo in return. Now, you have set up a committee to probe how the money was spent.

“The same great and wise advisers of yours are against your keeping Nigeria’s promise to me by investing a small N2 Billion to earn a minimum N75 Billion and nine Sports Academies across Nigeria because they cannot share the money,” Ali said.

Is this an 'abeg', a command or an insult? Batty old man. At your age the only place you're sure to keep winning till death is in your dreams. GEJ can't finance a project that may tantamount to contracting assassins to kill you. You can still break the record elsewhere.
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 14, 2010
dude hit up his facebook page

our gej does not watch the news
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by mybetop: 12:10pm On Oct 14, 2010
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by Youngichou(m): 12:10pm On Oct 14, 2010
Beaf:

Here is a man who has obviously gone crazy! He wants to get in the boxing ring at age 55 and expects Jonathan to back him? shocked shocked shocked
Jonathan bera send a convoy of mopols to sieze the man and match him off to hospital for the best care as one of Nigerias heroes of old.
[size=16pt]fisrt reasonable post in your whole miserabl life and stay on nairaland[/size]
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by HamidO1(m): 12:15pm On Oct 14, 2010
What is the private sector there for?? Does it always have to be the government? Bash Ali abeg don't give them cause to steal more money from our foriegn reserves because they'll take 10times what you asked for all in your name, so look else where.
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by HamidO1(m): 12:22pm On Oct 14, 2010
You guyz don't know Bash Ali's plans, The man plans to box GEJ's face when they meet one on one, that way he'll break the world record. No 1 has done that to a NIgerian president before I guess
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by spikedcylinder: 12:23pm On Oct 14, 2010
What kind of goshdarn fight costs 2 billion? Are they fighting on diamonds?
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by Chicent(m): 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2010
Fogman:

H A L L U C I N A T I O N!
What is the guarantee that he can even win the fight?

thank u sir, what if he looses.what will den happen.despite all samuels voodoo he was knock out twice.
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by seedord247(m): 12:28pm On Oct 14, 2010
Dis man don fresh ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by Igwe9(m): 12:30pm On Oct 14, 2010
I can't help it but to laugh at the kinda replies i'm reading here.
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by bestman09(m): 12:49pm On Oct 14, 2010
This joke has been on for some years now. NA BY FORCE? If Bash Ali dies in the ring now, people will say that it is GEJ who sent him to his grave for rituals. PLS CAN SOMEONE TELL THIS MAN TO GO HOME AND REST??
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by bestman09(m): 12:52pm On Oct 14, 2010
spikedcylinder:

What kind of goshdarn fight costs 2 billion? Are they fighting on diamonds?

I WONDER OOOOOOOOO
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by Kennyblues(m): 12:53pm On Oct 14, 2010
Bash Ali you can direct your letter to Asari Dokuboh and MEND officials to show the way to our GEJ's heart.

"Ina lilahi wahina ilehi rajihun"
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by semid4lyfe(m): 1:00pm On Oct 14, 2010
Hehehe. . .Bash Ali don bash GEJ grin grin

Bash Ali is a clown and a fraudster jare. All im fights na fake as dem be pure arrangee and setup.

GEJ should just ignore him.
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by omamokta: 1:05pm On Oct 14, 2010
I know GEJ can't allow this wuru wuru idea. How can a man of 55 years go back to the ring, what is he looking for? Death! I feel this guy is broke. Poor him
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by Nobody: 1:13pm On Oct 14, 2010
The guy don vex tire since na militant dey see jonathan one on one without appointment.btw,is that money not too much to be wasted on such project where a lot of nigerians are hungry ?
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by oisehumen(m): 1:17pm On Oct 14, 2010
You guys are funny sha grin grin grin grin grin
No fight is in the offing after all cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The fraudster is broke and he needs money seriously.
With  all sincerity, this is not his first, second or even third time he is coming out to solicit for support from government, private individuals and companies.
Please, ask him what has become of the funds he raised during those times?

Nonsense angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by oisehumen(m): 1:20pm On Oct 14, 2010
By the way, he said Nigeria stands to benefit from the so called imaginary fight.
What benefits

If GEJ releases that colossal sum to this imaginary bout, then we are doomed in this country
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by OmoTier1(m): 1:23pm On Oct 14, 2010
This one  na YAHUU YAHUUU remix  cheesy , If na Oyinbo Man wan fight this fight , all you NL(ers) go dey run una mouth say the Oyinbo greedy, see una fellow black man wey no no say him don old pass old,  see him picture self, He face resemble Alao Akala 419 boys! , Adedibu relive!,
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by mbulela: 1:24pm On Oct 14, 2010
The man is a clown but
worse fraud have taken place in the country.
Infact there is no greater fraud than PDP.
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by lajjy(m): 1:25pm On Oct 14, 2010
lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooo ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 14, 2010
oisehumen:

You guys are funny sha grin grin grin grin grin
No fight is in the offing after all cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

The fraudster is broke and he needs money seriously.
With  all sincerity, this is not his first, second or even third time he is coming out to solicit for support from government, private individuals and companies.
Please, ask him what has become of the funds he raised during those times?

Nonsense angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Guy that one don enter voice mail.the man don spend finish. . .wow,I didnt know it is almost 4 years already.time flies sha
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by denony(m): 1:29pm On Oct 14, 2010
what energetic, strong, healthy and young SAMUEL PETERS could not do
an old, gullible, near to grave, out of sort and confused BASH ALI wants to do
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by oisehumen(m): 1:34pm On Oct 14, 2010
Imagine his level of disrespect for our President. U cannot give him ultimatum because he is not constitutionally obliged to fund boxing bout.

N2B is a whole lot of money.
Look at the way he even said it; 'a small N2B'
Re: Bash Ali Gives Jonathan Deadline by bisiaet: 1:36pm On Oct 14, 2010
Pls posters is this man alright? Does he know what he is talking about at all? or is he dreaming or having a hangover? At 55 looking to make history in [b]boxing is this not a suicide mission? And how does it be GEJ problem was GEJ once a boxer or a boxer promoter? Mr Bash what is the problem are you ok?[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Ethnically Homogenous City In Nigeria Has Ever Prospered / Breaking: Army, Police Take Over River State / Finally Channels Tv Attends Ipob's Rally Live At Umuahia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.