Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. (25248 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sunglow: 5:30am On Jun 30, 2013
[quote author=frosbel]The Unknowable God The Trinity Doctrine is impossible to understand, yet understanding our relationship to God is central in gaining salvation and understanding many other gospel doctrines. In fact the Bible tells us that our very eternal life depends on knowing HIM. John 17: 3 - And this is life eternal, that they might KNOW thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. Bottom line, the 3-in-one monster conjured up by the Trinity is an unknowable being. The Trinity is confusion, and that is NOT of God, but of the devil.(See 1 Cor. 14: 33) Honest theologians and priests will even admit that there is no way to "understand" the Trinity. They will argue that the mortal mind cannot grasp it but only "comprehend" some of it, but even that is a stretch when the scripture states that our very eternal life depends on KNOWING Him. I also believe that if there was one doctrine that we should fully understand, it SHOULD be the one about the character and nature.{ So wat is ur agrument?}
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Boomark(m): 8:22am On Jun 30, 2013
they have to know who they server in order to know How to serve Him. they are still confused, lets wait until they receive full revelation. until then, all their bible quotes to support trinity are all out of context cos they don't know yet. Including all that Olaadegbu has been struggling to post.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:30am On Jul 20, 2013
Come, See And Encounter

The God that cannot fail@

Deeper Life Conference Centre

Km 42, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

20-21 July 2013

Saturday 18:00 hours (6:00 PM)

Sunday 08:00 hours (08:00 AM)

http://www.dclm.org/

Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:15pm On Oct 07, 2013
Sunglow:

Jesus is God,4 he said i and my father are one.He who have seen me have seen d father.wen u get 2 heaven who do u think u wil see sitting on d throne?Jesus off course!

Our Lord Jesus was sighted by Stephen as he was being stoned to death, standing by the right hand of God in heaven.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:23am On Nov 20, 2014
Enigma:

I have to say, Olaadegbu made some really powerful posts in this thread (ignoring the cartoons).  smiley

EDIT similarly by Image123 especially on page 2; and I already stated my admiration for one of aletheia's posts.

cool

Glory be to God for this post. smiley
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:16am On Jul 24, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

"Jesus said to them, Verily, verily, I say to you, Before Abraham was, I am" -- John 8:58 The Evidence Bible.

Was Jesus God in human form?

If I give you a small slice of cheese from a large block (the taste being constant throughout the whole block), and you spit out the cheese saying you hate the taste, then you reject the whole block.  Jesus was God manifest in human form.  If the Jews and other religious folks rejected Him, they rejected the Father also -- he who is of God hears God's words.  John later stated in his epistle,

"Whosoever denies the Son, the same has not the Father, (but) he that acknowledges the Son has the Father also" (1 John 2:23).

Bumped.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:31pm On May 03, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

The Indwelling Trinity

"That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God" (Ephesians 3:16-19)

This prayer of the apostle Paul applies to us as well as "to the saints which are at Ephesus" (Ephesians 1:1). Paul directs his prayer "unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ" (3:14), and he requests both that "Christ may dwell in your hearts" and also that the Holy Spirit would strengthen our "inner man." We know elsewhere that Christ is at the right hand of the Father in heaven (Ephesians 1:20), so that the Holy Spirit is the person who actually indwells our bodies as believers. And yet, because God is a tri-une God, if the Holy Spirit indwells us, so also must "the Spirit of Christ," or else "he is none of his" (Romans 8:9).

But the prayer doesn’t end with Christ dwelling in our hearts. He further prays that "ye might be filled with all the fulness of God," and thus the Father is there too! When we accept Christ, we accept also the Father and the Holy Spirit, for the three are one, and God in all His tri-une fullness thenceforth lives in our bodies.

The Lord Jesus Himself had prayed essentially the same prayer. "I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; . . . and my Father will love |you|, and we will . . . make our abode with |you|" (John 14:16-17, 23). What a priceless privilege and responsibility is ours as believers, that our triune God of creation and redemption and direction is with us always! HMM

For more . . . .

Evidence of the deity of Christ.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:08pm On May 18, 2016
The Christian Trinity Explained

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQkFlzFJ3kA
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:03am On May 23, 2016
The Christian Trinity Explained (Part 2).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvj87QCF0lg
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by WhatOnEarth: 1:38pm On Aug 07, 2016
kolaoloye:

All these your analysis A=C is your own conclusion.Jesus never called himself God.
All your quotations from the book of Colossians is just like what you are trying to proof
that if A=B and B=C then A=C.
The writers statement was not confirmed either by Jesus or any of the Apostles.
You can see the confirmation of what I was telling you by the Lord himself .

He,Jesus, referred to God as my father in heaven.Jesus is not the Jehovah.
Nobody can kill the Almighty God.He cannot be crucified for the sins of the people he created.

Before we proceed kindly give me the scripture in the entire Bible where
Jesus called or confirmed himself as Jehovah.

Here is your answer

Anyway time for some homework for you.

Mark 14.61-62 (This singular verse converted this guy, http://www.nabeelqureshi.com/. He makes the claim and then elaborates on it and reconfirms it with the Old Testament that He has been given all power just as he declared here: Matthew 28.18)

Daniel 7.13 puts this verse in context. For a Jew, saying you're "the son of man" means you're equal with God.

John 5.18 (This is the singular sin that Jesus committed that he was killed for by the Jews)

Philippians 2.6

There are other passages as well. Plenty of them such that Hebrews 12.1 described it as "a great cloud of witnesses."

I would recommend you read "The case for Jesus" by Brant Pitre. I guess you can find it to download free on the internet somewhere.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:09am On Dec 03, 2023
OLAADEGBU:
My first question was:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-518186.0.html

You answered a capital NO to the question of the Christ being the Creator of heaven and earth and went further to insinuate that John 1:1 has a different meaning in Greek/Hebrew.

Let us consider this John 1:1

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

The simple logic of this verse can be summed up as thus:

THE WORD = GOD

In John 1:14 it states:

"The Word became flesh, and dwelt among us."

From these verses we can deduce the following:

JESUS = THE WORD

Simple logic declares that

if A=B and

B=C  then

A=C.

Therefore, since

JESUS = THE WORD and

THE WORD = GOD, then

JESUS = GOD

QED.

If you contend that John 1:1 should be translated as "The Word was a god," and not "The Word was God." And if you are using the same line of arguments of the JW's that since theos (the Greek word for God) is preceded by the definite article (the) when it first appears in the verse, and the second time it appears it is not preceded by the definite article, they are therefore justified in translating the last part of John 1:1 "the Word was a god," because God appears without the definite article.  And you claim that John 1:1 does not say anything about Jesus' identity (i.e,  that He is God), but refers to a quality about Him.  There are, however, no reputable authorities or translations that support the JW's translation of this verse.  In fact, their NWT has caused considerable outrage among Greek scholars because it is a major distortion of the text.

You will be surprised that the JW's don't even play by their own rules, it is inconsistently applied throughout their NWT.  Theos appears 6 times without the definite article in the first 18 verses of John's gospel (1,6,12,13 and twice in 18).  Yet, in the NWT, it is rendered God (referring to Jehovah), not a god, in each instance except for the last clause of 1:1, when it refers to Jesus! Do you see their inconsistencies? cheesy

To remain consistent, JW's must hold that verse 6 should read,

"There arose a man that was sent forth as a representative of a god,"

that verse 12 should read

"to become a god's children," and so on.

If you observe carefully you will note that the absence of the definite article does not refer to someone other than the true God.  The scholarly Arndt and Gingrich Greek Lexicon, p. 357, states that theos is used "quite predominantly of the true God, sometimes with, sometimes without, the article."

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Pastor Noah Abraham Hypnotised Our Children, Set Them Against Us — Parents / Muslim Dad Dumps Newborn Baby In Toilet Because Mother Is Christian In Adamawa / The Ogboni Cult And Anti Catholic/ Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.