Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,380 members, 7,781,065 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:20 AM

The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. (25089 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by InesQor(m): 7:32am On Dec 08, 2010
God bless you, aletheia, Enigma, Olaadegbu. This thread is enlightening! grin
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:06am On Dec 08, 2010
Direct Access
December 8, 2010

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" (1 Timothy 2:5)

This is one of the key verses of Scripture for several reasons. In the first place, in the midst of a pantheistic and polytheistic society governed by the kings and rulers for whom Paul had just exhorted believers to pray, it was important to reemphasize that there was only one Creator God--the One to whom even kings must give account and the only One to whom we can rightfully pray.

Secondly, Christ Jesus, who was Himself "God . . . manifest in the flesh" and then "received up into glory" (1 Timothy 3:16), was nevertheless still "the man Christ Jesus." He is still a man, even though His human body has been resurrected and glorified. Therefore He can, indeed, "be touched with the feeling of our infirmities;" and we can "come boldly" to His "throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need" (Hebrews 4:15-16).

Then, because He is both omnipotent God and perfect man, "in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin" (v. 15), He is uniquely able to serve as the one and only "mediator between God and men." Furthermore, as the only God-man, fully and eternally both God and man, He is the only one through whom we can reach God’s throne in prayer. "I am the way, the truth, and the life," He said, "no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6).

No one else--man or woman, saint or priest, angel or demon--has direct access to God, for the Son is the one mediator between God and man. We can come to God, however, for "we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous" (1 John 2:1). "Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them" (Hebrews 7:25). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Bastage: 2:42pm On Dec 08, 2010
Doesn't matter how many videos you post, dude.

You're still going to hell. grin
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by kolaoloye(m): 2:44pm On Dec 08, 2010
Bastage:

You're still going to hell. grin
Chief Justice,what do you know about hell
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:13am On Dec 09, 2010
@kola oloye,

Let them say. The agents of darkness cringe when we sing the praises of our King. Let the people of God join me in singing to the Servant King and in the process torment all gainsayers and naysayers.

Graham Kendricks -- Servant King.

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBd3ThCResI&border=1&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&fs=1[/flash]
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by aletheia(m): 6:22am On Dec 09, 2010
Agnus Dei, qui tollit pecatta mundi.

Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXvIaaPIrlM[/flash]
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by bashydemy(m): 6:59am On Dec 09, 2010
So this thread still dey exist?
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Bastage: 10:49am On Dec 09, 2010
Hey OLAADEGBU. You don't preach. Preaching takes some imagination. You don't have any.
All you do is repeat parrot fashion, garbage that you've seen elsewhere.

You're probably the most boring poster on nairaland. The same level as a spammer. What about coming out with some of your own stuff for a change instead of posting trash that people can easily find on the net for themselves if they so wish?
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:43pm On Dec 09, 2010
Bastage:

Hey OLAADEGBU. You don't preach. Preaching takes some imagination. You don't have any.

You're probably the most boring poster on nairaland. The same level as a spammer. What about coming out with some of your own stuff for a change instead of posting trash that people can easily find on the net for themselves if they so wish?

Your comment doesn't surprise me because it is just your opinion and that I know what you are all about.  I know that it is your intention to cause doubt in the Word of God since you don't believe in it and you try to prevent others from believing the infallible Word of God that can give you life.

If I don't preach what is that to you?  Did I tell you that I am competing for popularity or for the best poster in the religious section?  If people are blessed through my posts the glory goes to God Almighty.  I am also blessed when I read my posts so don't you think that your effort in discouraging folks from reading, studying and believing Scriptures is defeated?  Or was it my posts on hellfire that I raised that is tormenting you and your croonies?  If care is not taken I will raise those posts again to scare the hell out of you. tongue
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by kolaoloye(m): 9:15am On Dec 10, 2010
Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep:
for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

12. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness,
and let us put on the armour of light.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 2:41pm On Dec 10, 2010
@Olaadegbu, Kola Oloye, etc: What do you think of the verses below, relative to Jesus dying for your sins? Please approach the two opposing ideas, directly. Dont be shy people. Jesus, you must defend with all your might. The Bible you must defend with all your might, just as well. But when Jesus and the Bible clash, where do you lean. Who will be the winner and which is the loser between Jesus and the Bible?

Ezekiel 18:
20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Hebrews 5:
7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Image123(m): 3:01pm On Dec 10, 2010
Sweetnecta:

@Olaadegbu, Kola Oloye, etc: What do you think of the verses below, relative to Jesus dying for your sins? Please approach the two opposing ideas, directly. Dont be shy people. Jesus, you must defend with all your might. The Bible you must defend with all your might, just as well. But when Jesus and the Bible clash, where do you lean. Who will be the winner and which is the loser between Jesus and the Bible?

Ezekiel 18:
20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Hebrews 5:
7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

God or Jesus Christ as you call Him is not looking for people to 'defend' Him, or approve or disapprove Him. He is looking for people to/that OBEY Him.
To obey is better than sacrifice.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 4:04pm On Dec 10, 2010
^^^^^^ So which to obey here: Jesus as the servant or as you call him God?

Who is correct and must be obeyed; you for forcing or promoting him to God or Jesus who says he is a slave, sorry servant?

If we cant obey the Bible, how did you know about Jesus that you are ignorantly promoting?

Rubbish the Bible and elevate the Jesus you know only from the Bible you are rubbishing.

Na today?
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by bashydemy(m): 4:15pm On Dec 10, 2010
am just tired of arguing with those guys cos no matter what they still show the ignorant in them
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Image123(m): 4:30pm On Dec 10, 2010
How about obeying Jesus when he says 'no man comes to God except through Him'. Or that 'all power in HEAVEN and EARTH belong to Him.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by bashydemy(m): 5:05pm On Dec 10, 2010
and what are we to believe then when he say he can't do nothing of his own
John 5:30

so where is the Power or what can we believe
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by kolaoloye(m): 5:26pm On Dec 10, 2010
Matthew 28:18
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Luke 9:1
Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by aletheia(m): 10:39pm On Dec 10, 2010
bashy_demy:

and what are we to believe then when he say he can't do nothing of his own
John 5:30
^^Why did you dishonestly ignore the preceding verses?

[b]Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.[/b][John 5:24-30]

That last verse proves that Jesus is one with the Father: the ultimate unity such that whatever the Father does is what Jesus does and whatever Jesus does is what the Father does; as seen in the preceding verses: Just as the Father has life in Himself; even so the Son has life in Himself. Just as the Father judges; even so the Son executes judgment.

Jesus says: "He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life"
Are you paying attention to the Son of God that you may live and not be damned; or are you following a dead man called Muhammad.

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited. Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. [Jeremiah 17:5-7]

Is it any wonder then that some of the most poor, dejected and wretched places on earth are the Islamic nations? That is the desolation that following Muhammad brings----an abomination that causes desolation.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 2:35am On Dec 11, 2010
I dey laugh because of the derivitive that the "last line makes jesus one with God".

this is pitiful.

A man who depended on his God, all of a sudden became one with that God! i dey laugh.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Image123(m): 8:16am On Dec 11, 2010
Just to add to what's just being said, 'I can of my own self do nothing' is not a display of helplessness but of unity with the Father. The actions(and there's the saying that actions speak louder than words) of Jesus didn't denote one who was powerless but rather one who NEVER acted independent of the Father.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by e36991: 9:36am On Dec 11, 2010
Bastage:

You're still going to hell.  grin

Bastage:

OLAADEGBU:

Your comment doesn't surprise me because it is just your opinion and that I know what you are all about. 

I know that it is your intention to cause doubt in the Word of God since you don't believe in it

and you try to prevent others from believing the infallible Word of God that can give you life.

If I don't preach what is that to you?  Did I tell you that I am competing for popularity or for the best poster in the religious section? 

If people are blessed through my posts the glory goes to God Almighty. 

I am also blessed when I read my posts

so don't you think that your effort in discouraging folks from reading, studying and believing Scriptures is defeated? 

Or was it my posts on hellfire that I raised that is tormenting you and your croonies? 

If care is not taken I will raise those posts again to scare the hell out of you. tongue

@OLAADEGBU

My fellow lord:

- "They braided a crown of thorns and put it on his head, and a reed in his right hand; and they kneeled down before him, and mocked him, saying . . . "

- "Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give your[b]selves fully to the work of the Lord[/b],

because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain
"

- "For God [is] not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love,

which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister
"

- "I'm coming soon! I will bring my reward with me to pay all people based on what they have done

References: Matthew 27:29; 1 Corinthians 15:58 Hebrews 6:10 and Revelation 22:12
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by bashydemy(m): 10:36am On Dec 11, 2010
Sweetnecta:

I dey laugh because of the derivitive that the "last line makes jesus one with God".

this is pitiful.

A man who depended on his God, all of a sudden became one with that God! i dey laugh.
bro i can't stop laughing too cos i just dont know what else to type to convince this guys than to laugh and waka pass
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:21pm On Dec 11, 2010
e36991:

@OLAADEGBU

My fellow lord:

- "They braided a crown of thorns and put it on his head, and a reed in his right hand; and they kneeled down before him, and mocked him, saying . . . "

- "Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give your[b]selves fully to the work of the Lord[/b],

because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain
"

- "For God [is] not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love,

which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister
"

- "I'm coming soon! I will bring my reward with me to pay all people based on what they have done

References: Matthew 27:29; 1 Corinthians 15:58 Hebrews 6:10 and Revelation 22:12

God bless you my brother.  We know that the reading, believing and confessing the Word of God actually terrifies the devil and his agents, it stupefies the rebels, mystifies the world, pacifies the critics, ratifies the covenant, edifies the church, magnifies the Word, and at the end glorifies the KING OF Kings and LORD of Lords!
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 9:28pm On Dec 12, 2010
^^^^^^^^ Even if Olaadegbu and his gang are wrong? Psalm 91 spoke about a man in the future. Was that man Jesus?

Olaadegbu, e36991 and others, over to you.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:53pm On Dec 14, 2010
Jesus Christ Our Creator

"For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him"(Colossians 1:16)

Before one can really know Jesus Christ as Saviour or Lord, he must acknowledge Him as offended and rejected Creator, because He was our Creator first of all.  This is such an important doctrine of the New Testament that it is remarkable how rarely it is emphasized in modern evangelicalism.

Creation by Jesus Christ is the doctrine with which John begins his great gospel of salvation: "In the beginning was the Word, . . . All things were made by him; . . . and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not" (John 1:1, 3, 10).  It is the foundational message of the book of Hebrews: "God. . . . hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds" (Hebrews 1:1-2).

The apostle Paul said that he had been called specifically to preach "the unsearchable riches of Christ; And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ" (Ephesians 3:8-9).  When a person becomes a believer in Christ, receiving His very life by the new birth, he is said to be "renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him" (Colossians 3:10).

In the final book of the Bible, Jesus Christ is called the "Alpha . . . the beginning . . . the Almighty" (Revelation 1:cool, as well as "the beginning of the creation of God" (3:14).

But of all the biblical passages identifying Jesus Christ as Creator, the most definitive of all is our text for today. Everything in heaven and earth was created by Him, and for Him!  "For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen" (Romans 11:36). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by aletheia(m): 9:06pm On Dec 14, 2010
[b]But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel. [Hebrews 12:22-24]

And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands; Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.
[Revelation 5:11-14]
[/b]
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Enigma(m): 9:14pm On Dec 14, 2010
^^^ A lyric and music (classical) version of the song Worthy is the Lamb posted earlier by Olaadegbu.

Enjoy, brethren!  smiley

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x2fSxOeij4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed>[/flash]
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 9:40pm On Dec 14, 2010
are you boys okay, especially alitalia?

you have no proof of any of your saying. you people are like magicians. and al that magicians do are fast play of hand while distracting you.

Jesus aint no Creator. there is not miracle he performed that were not performed by others, more times (really many times than he; check your bibe between Moses and Elijah you will get it).

I want "oh my" to gamble his faith, he cant take that chance. he will rather end up in hell.

o ga o.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Enigma(m): 9:48pm On Dec 14, 2010
^^^ We are doing just fine, just fine, especially when we sing praises to the Lamb that was slain. grin
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 10:04pm On Dec 14, 2010
^^^^^^ lol. The lamb. thats funny. shishkabaab is good in the cold weather.

i dont eat lamb though. is psalm 91 about the lamb or is it about something or somebody else? read it before you respond.
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Enigma(m): 10:18pm On Dec 14, 2010
grin I thought it was puq you didn't eat. Anyway sha I will like to invite you to eat of the Bread of life and drink from the Fountain that never dries, the Water of life.  smiley
Re: The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. by Sweetnecta: 11:29pm On Dec 14, 2010
i dont eat everything. i dont blame even those who eat pork. whatever make them happy.

about your invitation, i am not interested because it is not real. but i see that you avoided Psalm 91.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

"Why Do We Celebrate Jesus Birthday When He Never Celebrated It?" - Daddy Freeze / Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues / T.B. Joshua, Others To Be Arraigned In Court On Monday Over Death Of 116 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.