Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,137 members, 7,780,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:02 AM

Jarus & Kwara Politics - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jarus & Kwara Politics (2779 Views)

Kwara Politics / Kwara Politics: Professor Oba Abu Has Gone To Apologise To Senator Bukola Saraki / kwara politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by ProAnti: 10:31pm On Oct 15, 2010
"Amala-sharing" is  an age-old method of electioneering campaign but I doubt that Baba Saraki will have his way this time around.

@oyb,
Why are you home?
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by dejia(m): 12:31am On Oct 16, 2010
Jarus,

Lovely write up, it really got me thinking.

I am a Kwaran and i believe change is coming , if all the opposition are able to come together and educated people like me and you go out to vote , things will be diff.

Also, i disagree that if we have a free and fair election , Saraki will win, can u remember the 2003 election? it was obvious that Lawal won, but cos he was in ANPP, and Saraki decamped to PDP.
i believe if Gbemi wins primaries in PDP, that will further split PDP and split Kwara Central which might give chance to Kwara South of North " if they all agree to have come together". I see A.C.N winning atleast the local govt in the South and "maybe" the gubernatorial if its free and fair.
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by olafolarin(m): 2:22am On Oct 16, 2010
All Kwarans need to vote the Sarakis out of power "with every means neccessary".
They've been enslaving that state for too long and it's time for change.
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by netotse(m): 4:02am On Oct 16, 2010
olafolarin:

All Kwarans need to vote the Sarakis out of power "with every means neccessary".
including violence?
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by james1(m): 5:14am On Oct 16, 2010
Slavery is everywhere;people have to decide what kind of slave's they want to be.
As for godfatherism,it is everywhere,manipulating election's nko?e de everywhere.the problem with us is that the rich politician's are too greedy:they want to keep all the billion's for themselve's and abroad.they can't stop stealing or cornering more.
As for saraki,he has perfected the very act of"everything is under control".
To upset him;men must be ready to surpass him in spending on the ordinary people.
This is not the time to go to the media;how much of the voting public in kwara can afford to buy a newspaper or have radio or tv?
Politician's have lied with wicked intent to the people over time;the mentality these lie's have etched in the mind of the people can not,I repeat for emphasis,can not be erased in a short time.the people have come around to believe thus:"what we have now is what we believe in" and you can't blame them.
People are too greedy in this country.
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by juman(m): 11:07am On Oct 16, 2010
olafolarin:

Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by bilms(m): 12:16pm On Oct 16, 2010
deal all,

@poster
despite accepting some of ur points, i see u re writing from a spectators view not from d view of some1 dat truely know what is actually happening in kwara stat now.

1st. i will say saraki end has come, with of without serious challenge,with out without having a consensus candidate, gbemi will not emerge at d end of d day.

let me take u back to d qur'an, since we are religious.

When God love's and support some1, then no matter what his opponents do, they will not succeed.

dat is d case of saraki d father, and his children benefited from d love of God for there father.

Now, b4 God accept him saraki, he as a certain character dat God gave him to appeal to d ppl, so when he as dat character, everybody will love him.dats y u see everybody then supportn saraki and d alfa in ilorin supporting him too, they pray for him always dey even pray against themselves jst for saraki to be okay.

it is dat character dt build his love in d heart of d ppl and d alfas and when dis so called alfa pray for him truely from there heart, God accept it.

Now, when u have such power, u are just like another god to the ppl, and no matter how strong ur opponents are, they will not overcome u.

Now, if u hav over used ur powers and God want ur end to come, d only thing he will do is take away dat character dat got u to d heart of d ppl. after which they will see u as there enemy.

dat is exactly what as happened in kwara state.

God as actually taken away dat character dat tak saraki d power and dat us d end.

d ppl dat pray 4 him with there heart dont do dat no more even if dey do, not from there heart.

d said old women dat always go out to support saraki came all out dis week to welcome gbenga olawepo.

singing

oti su wa
oti suwa
eba ati waso ti su wa

meaning

we are tired
we are tired

of eba and 50 naira,

if dis as been d case, all kwara state need is a seriouse candidate to step out.

if d candidate show seriousness d ppl will support him not because dey truely support him, but because dey want d end of who dey hate now.

hey jurus,

we need talk,

write me here, its urgent

discus4now@yahoo.com
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 16, 2010
bilms:

deal all,

hey jurus,

we need talk,

write me here, its urgent

discus4now@yahoo.com
Mail sent to you.

illusion2:

Dear Jarus,
Nice one. .  .  tho' Im not sure why you sent me the PM last time,in view of this daily trust link  undecided
Struggling to recall sending you any PM.
Can you remind me?
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by illusion2: 9:05pm On Oct 16, 2010
^^^ u wanted me to remove something abt u on a thread in the Islam section.

Anyway no wories. I wish u & all Kwarans a wonderful 8 years with Gbemi.

You never know,if you play your cards right with 'Oloye',you may just be the annointed one in 2019 cheesy
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 16, 2010
^
Ok. I now recall.

As regards politics, I cannot rule out throwing my fila in the ring later in the future, but I'll surely not ride on Saraki's back to achieve that.
But for now, let me continue battling this accounting jeje, while I come out to lend my voice to politics on pages of newspapers.
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by illusion2: 9:39pm On Oct 16, 2010
Jarus:

As regards politics, I cannot rule out throwing my fila in the ring later in the future, but I'll surely not ride on Saraki's back to achieve that.
But for now, let me continue battling this accounting jeje, while I come out to lend my voice to politics on pages of newspapers.

Never say never my friend. In politics there are no permanent friends/enemies. . . wink
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by tarano: 12:29am On Oct 17, 2010
Who said saraki can not be removed from power, It is very possible, Saraki is very strategic, but they can be defeated, Obj could have rigged them out, LOL

The opposition can defeat them also, use the Ibadan formular,

To defeat Saraki, we only need two parties,

One party say ACN should field an Ilorin Strong Family Pedigree Son, a Gambari, Belgore, Abdulrazaq, Akanbi, Mohammead, Adisa, Alimi, Solagberu, Afonja, Adekeye, Abdullahi, Idiagbon, Adisa, Lawal ,

The other party LP should field someone of mixed background a muslim , say Yoruba/nupe background, or Yoruba/Bariba background, that is very popular with the massess in Ilorin or working people of ilorin,

Then the stage is set for the battle of Kwara central.
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by tarano: 12:49am On Oct 17, 2010
I also believe GOD is teaching us a lesson about life in Nigeria, If u have bread u should be ready and willing to share with the masses. Saraki shares the much wealth he acquired illegally with the masses, Let the good people of kwara state become more generous not only during election season but after election. Help the needy so the needy would not be sold completely to one individual.
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by netotse(m): 1:33am On Oct 17, 2010
Jarus:

^
Ok. I now recall.

you do realise that for you to be elected into office in nigeria you need a grassroots following, that entails getting involved in the lives of kwarans if you want to avoid the whole godfather-syndrome.
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 18, 2010
illusion2:

Never say never my friend. In politics there are no permanent friends/enemies. . . wink
Never say never . . . I agree.

netotse:

you do realise that for you to be elected into office in nigeria you need a grassroots following, that entails getting involved in the lives of kwarans if you want to avoid the whole godfather-syndrome.
I don't have a problem with grassroots as far as Offa, my community and the largest town in Kwara South, is concerned. We can start from there - state house of rep representing the region, and ride on that to launch a state wide popularity.
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by illusion2: 9:38am On Oct 18, 2010
Jarus:

Never say never . . . I agree.
I don't have a problem with grassroots as far as Offa, my community and the largest town in Kwara South, is concerned. We can start from there - state house of rep representing the region, and ride on that to launch a state wide popularity.
Hmmmm. I'm happy you have such lofty ambitions. However you need your Yoruba/secular side to come to the fore more as against the current impression I (& a lot of other NLers)have that you are unrepentantly pro-Muslim(sharia) .  wink
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 18, 2010
illusion2:

Hmmmm. I'm happy you have such lofty ambitions. However you need your Yoruba/secular side to come to the fore more as against the current impression I (& a lot of other NLers)have that you are unrepentantly pro-Muslim(sharia) . wink
grin grin grin ROTFLMAO

Well, I am a conscious Muslim and I don't think that's a barrier. I have always mixed with non-Muslims and interact with them. In fact, if not because you frequent the Muslim section on NL, you would hardly know I am a Muslim, my activities on other sections of NL(recall the awards, the initiatives, the political, sports, career, economic discussions etc). So I don't have a problem mixing with other people and but I don't hide my Islam, as some Muslims do, when it's time to. If knowing quite much about my religion is what people see as bigotry, I will accept being a bigot, but I honestly don't think I am one. We all have private lives, you know. I will not be unfair to a person because he doesn't share my religious or any other views. That's me.
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by mbulela: 10:54am On Oct 18, 2010
illusion2:

Hmmmm. I'm happy you have such lofty ambitions. However you need your Yoruba/secular side to come to the fore more as against the current impression I (& a lot of other NLers)have that you are unrepentantly pro-Muslim(sharia)wink
i disagree with this view.
I do not agree with the fundamentals of his religion but he is an admirable muslim, at least on this forum.
If we had more of his type in the world, the war on terror would be easier to win.
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by illusion2: 12:35pm On Oct 18, 2010
mbulela:

i disagree with this view.
I do not agree with the fundamentals of his religion but he is an admirable muslim, at least on this forum.
If we had more of his type in the world, the war on terror would be easier to win.
Good emphasis on this forum.

National politics is another matter,sentiments play a significant role.

Almost everyone agrees Buhari would probably make a better president than all the  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed in PDP, however  he has been successfully labelled  (unfairly) as a sharia proponent and thats why it will be very difficult for him to rule Nigeria. .  .ditto Sani Zamfara,Shekarau(a fine gentleman).

Thats the way life goes.

BTW I respect Jarus a lot,just offering my own 2 cents to him.

We are all largely influenced by our beliefs and not having any belief is generally not acceptable in our country.

The concern most non-muslims have is that 'conservative' muslims tend to believe their religion should transverse the moral side to the political,governmental & legal aspects of life. . . .and that is very concerning   sad
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by bilms(m): 12:52pm On Oct 18, 2010
jst saw ur mail now jarus.

will get back shortly
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by panalyst(m): 1:21pm On Oct 18, 2010
Jarus you are from offa? i actually did my secondary school education there. Adesoye College.
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by mbulela: 2:08pm On Oct 18, 2010
illusion2:

Almost everyone agrees Buhari would probably make a better president than all the  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed in PDP, however  he has been successfully labelled  (unfairly) as a sharia proponent and thats why it will be very difficult for him to rule Nigeria. .  .ditto Sani Zamfara,Shekarau(a fine gentleman).

Thats the way life goes.

We are all largely influenced by our beliefs and not having any belief is generally not acceptable in our country.

The concern most non-muslims have is that 'conservative' muslims tend to believe their religion should transverse the moral side to the political,governmental & legal aspects of life. . . .and that is very concerning   sad

very valid argument and one day i would like to hear from Jarus on the Sharia thing (don't want to hijack this thread).
The reason you raised is the only reason why i am still withholding my vote from Buhari.
If only he has spoken out against the senseless fundamentalism that have rocked Jos, Kaduna et al or made a definite pronouncement to address the hijack of the Sharia debate from religious jingoists who were using it for political and parochial gains.
But he remained silent and still remains silent.
His silence is deafening.
My vote might be minuscule but it is not worthless.
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 18, 2010
panalyst:

Jarus you are from offa? i actually did my secondary school education there. Adesoye College.
omo butter grin

illusion2:

Almost everyone agrees Buhari would probably make a better president than all the lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed in PDP, however he has been successfully labelled (unfairly) as a sharia proponent and thats why it will be very difficult for him to rule Nigeria. . .ditto Sani Zamfara,Shekarau(a fine gentleman).

Thats the way life goes.

The concern most non-muslims have is that 'conservative' muslims tend to believe their religion should transverse the moral side to the political,governmental & legal aspects of life. . . .and that is very concerning sad

I fully agree with you that tribal and religious sentiments/beliefs play crucial role in politics, especially but not limited to this part of the world. Even in America, arguably world's most respected model of democracy, issues are needlessly being raised about Obama's religious beliefs, which is ordinarily not meant to be an issue.

That said, one thing about me is that my take on issues are well known and I don't hide them anywhere, to the extent of making them known on the pages of newspapers and public forums, the most far-reaching place you can express your views.

I am a Muslim, a practising one, and a proud Yoruba but I interact with everybody, irrespective of ethnic or religious affiliations. I believe in justice and equity. I will NEVER deny anybody what is due to him because he shares a different religious view.
I am a Yoruba guy but I have had cause to defend people of other tribes before. I am a Muslim but I have had cause to defend non-Muslims before or condemn an act of Muslims openly. In 2005, aftermath of the Danish cartoon crisis, I wrote an article in The Punch criticizing our northern Muslims that went on killing spree of innocent Christians in Borno for an offence they knew nothing about. At the same time, I will not join hands in mocking my Muslim brothers just because it is fashionable to do so. I will do so when I’m convinced that their act is wrong.
Also I’m personally not given to the usual cry in Nigeria that Christians are dominating this or Muslims are dominating that. I believe in pure merit. During the 2005 National confab, there were cries by Muslims that it was wrong that both the Chairman (Niki Tobi ) and Secretary (Mattew Hassan Kukah) were Christians, I refused to join the cry because I saw it as needless and petty.
I however have a problem with the common perception in Nigeria that when a Muslim does something, it is narrowed down to his religion, but when a non-Muslim does same, religion is not an issue, like the Sanusi issue. I mentioned this in my famous article ‘AN ENGAGEMENT WITH TWO SANUSI CRITICS’ published in The Sun and Daily Trust. The same thing happens subtly on this forum as everything I say is narrowed down to religion by some people, for no other reason than because I’m an open Muslim.
I don’t have problems working with people of other faiths, and I will not impose my beliefs on anybody if in position of authority, but we should have mutual respect for our dissenting views.
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by illusion2: 3:45pm On Oct 18, 2010
^^^^ no probs bro. . . you're cool. wink Just settle with oloye on time tongue

panalyst:

i actually did my secondary school education there. Adesoye College.
Aje butter. . .
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by mbulela: 6:13pm On Oct 18, 2010
Jarus, i see your reply above.
While i know you are not Buhari's spokesman, i would like to hear your take on the issue i raised concerning him.
Also i would be glad if you could point me to any article, post or comment where he addressed the issue at stake in my post.

Cheers.
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by Nobody: 10:48am On Oct 20, 2010
mbulela:

Jarus, i see your reply above.
While i know you are not Buhari's spokesman, i would like to hear your take on the issue i raised concerning him.
Also i would be glad if you could point me to any article, post or comment where he addressed the issue at stake in my post.

Cheers.
Good, you know I'm not Buhari's spokesperson.
When asked the question about teh Sharia/Islamic thing in his NVS interview, this is what he said:

Question: General, I hope you’re aware that some years ago there was a controversy around a statement credited to you somewhere in Sokoto state in which you are reported to have said that Muslims should vote for Muslims. Now whether you were misquoted or not, whether you were misrepresented or not, that has caused some anxiety and some concern, understandably, to some Christians in the south of the country, in the Middle Belt, even in the north itself. So how do you intend to sell your candidacy to those people who have perceived you wrongly or rightly as a sectional candidate who is popular in the North because he is seen as the champion of Islam and Sharia? How do you propose to appeal to people who are concerned legitimately and anxious about you being a president who will implement Sharia nationally or who will limit the rights of Christians and promote the interest of Muslims? I want you to speak to those people.

[b]General Buhari: [/b]Well, that perception remains. I know in 2003 I wrote to many Bishops and I could recall I visited (inaudible) in 2003 and 2007. As you said, it happened in Sokoto in 2000 before I participated in elections. The person who reported me by tribe is a Yoruba man, by religion a Muslim. He was not in Sokoto and does not understand Hausa, maybe he still doesn’t. How he got the story I don’t know. And the comment I made was that people in Sokoto know their people, that when the ban on politics is lifted they should choose the people that will represent them responsibly. This is common sense: if someone aspires to rule this country, he cannot afford to offend even pagans or even atheists—those who don’t even believe in God. These are the people that will vote. How can I say Muslims should not vote for Christians? Then do I expect Christians to vote me, a Muslim? I wrote to the Bishops. I explained to them, but I think, as you mentioned, perception, people hold on to their perception. Even the church leaders were careful to explain to their flock that there is no way any leader will, at the federal level, antagonize any of the religions. So, I wrote to the Bishops to explain but I am still very surprised that the perception remains.

So there is nothing I can do about it, but I will continue to explain my position. And I have backed it by facts that I have served the country’s military for 25 years. I did all the command and staff work, as a platoon commander to General Officer Commanding and the only still surviving officers that commanded three of the four commands in the Nigerian Army. And the Nigerian Army is about 75% Christian and nobody has ever said I took a decision against anybody because of his religion or his tribe. There are other tribes in the whole command. So, if for politically it sticks that I don’t like Christians, well it is very very unfortunate, but my performance in office at all stages has portrayed me as an impartial person, and I have believe that whoever is still bringing that case up, for whatever vote, will definitely fail in a free and fair election. The question of me being a sharia advocate and a hater of Christians has never happened and it will certainly fail.

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/nvs/politicians-would-be-the-first-victims-of-sharia-if-properly-implemented-buhari.html
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by mbulela: 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2010
Thanks Jarus.
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by sholasys: 3:20pm On Oct 20, 2010
Jarus why i appreciate most of your post, i think you are been sentiment about your political analysis of kwara state now or your are not in touch with the grass-root politics of kwarans and their yarning . Not all your post are completely untrue but some of your statistic are not. The majority in kwara st are kwara south. And all the election been done since 1999 are riged in favour of saraki and candidate. If you ask me how and why i will gladly tell U. Also in a Free and Fair election, Oloye will loose gallantly. I am a partisan politician. i was once his follower. I am from Ifelodun LGA, the largest in Nigeria. I knew him very well. I was privilege to conduct election for him and he as visited my house in the villa, my father been Oba. Why am i saying this, he used the elites (mostly kw south) to rig. Stop comparing ibadan, American etc to what is happening in kwara state ok. they are diff situation.
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 20, 2010
sholasys:

Jarus why i appreciate most of your post, i think you are been sentiment about your political analysis of kwara state now or your are not in touch with the grass-root politics of kwarans and their yarning . Not all your post are completely untrue but some of your statistic are not. The majority in kwara st are kwara south. And all the election been done since 1999 are riged in favour of saraki and candidate. If you ask me how and why i will gladly tell U. Also in a Free and Fair election, Oloye will loose gallantly. I am a partisan politician. i was once his follower. I am from Ifelodun LGA, the largest in Nigeria. I knew him very well. I was privilege to conduct election for him and he as visited my house in the villa, my father been Oba. Why am i saying this, he used the elites (mostly kw south) to rig. Stop comparing ibadan, American etc to what is happening in kwara state ok. they are diff situation.

While the issue of whether Saraki will lose in a free and fair lection is debatable, don't tell me Kwara South are the majority in Kwara. Or maybe you mean by land mass, not by population. Offa is by far the largest town in Kwara South and its populaion is not up to 250,000. You can then begin to talk of Omu Aran, Oro, Ajase etc, none of which is up to 100,000 by population. The whole of Offa, Irepodun, Ifelodun, Ekiti, Isin, Oke -ero and Oyun LGAs that make up Kwara South is not as populated as Ilorin city. That's the reality. They have the population, and by extension, electoral advantage.
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by sholasys: 4:46pm On Oct 20, 2010
Excused me Jarus, your data was it based on estimate or 2006 census ? You said "The whole of Offa, Irepodun, Ifelodun, Ekiti, Isin, Oke -ero and Oyun LGAs that make up Kwara South is not as populated as Ilorin city." Are you talking about the land scape or population density (pple residing) in ilorin city ? Are you aware that predominant pple in ilorin are outsiders ? among which are kw south, igbo, hausa's etc. How vast are you about kwara politics? How large is ilorin city ?.
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 20, 2010
sholasys:

Excused me Jarus, your data was it based on estimate or 2006 census ? You said "The whole of Offa, Irepodun, Ifelodun, Ekiti, Isin, Oke -ero and Oyun LGAs that make up Kwara South is not as populated as Ilorin city." Are you talking about the land scape or population density (pple residing) in ilorin city ? Are you aware that predominant pple in ilorin are outsiders ? among which are kw south, igbo, hausa's etc. How vast are you about kwara politics? How large is ilorin city ?.

There is nothing complicated here. When we say population of a place, it's simply the number of people living there, irrespective of their origin. So when population of Lagos is said to be 13 million, you think it's the population of Lagos indigenes only.
Re: Jarus & Kwara Politics by sholasys: 6:34pm On Oct 20, 2010
Jarus:

There is nothing complicated here. When we say population of a place, it's simply the number of people living there, irrespective of their origin. So when population of Lagos is said to be 13 million, you think it's the population of Lagos indigenes only.
Having knowing this, why would you say in your previous post that "They have the population, and by extension, electoral advantage" (i.e ilorin city). If you understand kw politics very well, you would know that majority in ilorin city are outsiders and they wouldn't vote for Saraki & candidate in a free and fair election.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan's Rail Revitalization: A Shamefull Missed Opportunity. / BREAKING: PRES. JONATHAN ANNOUCES NATIONAL CONFERENCE ADVISORY COUNCIL SET UP. / 2015 Presidential Election Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.