Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

Did Our Teachers Lied? Ibb/Buhari Regime - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Our Teachers Lied? Ibb/Buhari Regime (1068 Views)

Condemn Boko-Haram, Clark Dares IBB, Buhari / Confession: Haliru Says Ibb, Buhari, Atiku Etc Are The Sponsors Of Boko Haram / Revealed: How Ibb, Buhari, Atikuothers Sponsor Boko Haram! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Our Teachers Lied? Ibb/Buhari Regime by ceah(m): 10:12am On Oct 15, 2010
In 1984 when Gen Buhari was our head of state, our teachers told us we are the leaders of tommorow, Now in 2010, Gen Buhari is contesting to be the president, is it that our teachers lied to us or what?

In 1988 when IBB was our head of state, our teachers told us never to worry that we are still the leaders of tommorow, Now in 2010, IBB is contesting to be the president again, is it that our teachers are perpetual liers or what?

I am Confused: Did Our Teachers Lied ? Or Could it be that our Leaders are the Liers ?
Re: Did Our Teachers Lied? Ibb/Buhari Regime by ceah(m): 10:27am On Oct 15, 2010
I feel our Teachers Lied, What do you think ?
Re: Did Our Teachers Lied? Ibb/Buhari Regime by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 15, 2010
Two generations of leaders have been lost
Re: Did Our Teachers Lied? Ibb/Buhari Regime by SHEAU(m): 10:35am On Oct 15, 2010
you, also lost with them?
dappssee:

Two generations of leaders have been lost
Re: Did Our Teachers Lied? Ibb/Buhari Regime by violent(m): 10:45am On Oct 15, 2010
@OP

no worries, we are still the leaders of tomoro
Re: Did Our Teachers Lied? Ibb/Buhari Regime by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 15, 2010
SHEAU:

you, also lost with them?

You're lost. I'm still gonna rule this nation

@OP, Your subject is amusing. Reads - Did Our Teachers Lied Or Ibb/buhari ?

With your command of English, your teacher couldn't have been truthful
Re: Did Our Teachers Lied? Ibb/Buhari Regime by violent(m): 11:05am On Oct 15, 2010
With your command of English, your teacher couldn't have been truthful

hehe. . i was going to point tht out, but then tot, hey!, who gives a shít?. . did our teachers really[b] lied[/b]
Re: Did Our Teachers Lied? Ibb/Buhari Regime by ceah(m): 12:24pm On Oct 15, 2010
@dappssee,  well! no offence but is English your mother tongue ?,  This is not grammar section, It's Politics section. All i am trying to do is to pass a message across and a reasonable reader without English proficiency will perfectly understand my message, Sorry! You must be one of those English Teachers that Lied to Us,  grin

@Violent, Thank you bro, I dont know if we are here to discuss grammar or the topic above, lol!
Re: Did Our Teachers Lied? Ibb/Buhari Regime by omofat: 12:56pm On Oct 15, 2010
^^ Dont let ignorance rule you brother. Just accept the correction and learn from it.
Re: Did Our Teachers Lied? Ibb/Buhari Regime by ceah(m): 2:51pm On Oct 15, 2010
@Omo Fat, there are better ways to correct people, i think u also need to understand that it's about the message and not the grammar,
Re: Did Our Teachers Lied? Ibb/Buhari Regime by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 15, 2010
ceah:

@dappssee, well! no offence but is English your mother tongue ?, This is not grammar section, It's Politics section. All i am trying to do is to pass a message across and a reasonable reader without English proficiency will perfectly understand my message, Sorry! You must be one of those English Teachers that Lied to Us, grin

@Violent, Thank you bro, I dont know if we are here to discuss grammar or the topic above, lol!

No vex. Just kidding.
Re: Did Our Teachers Lied? Ibb/Buhari Regime by omofat: 3:18pm On Oct 15, 2010
No doubt it is about the message. But the grammar too is important. That's why people go to school to learn things like classical rhetorics, etc.

Anyway, you're right. The message is clear;

Our teachers did not lie to us. They didn't have a clue what they were talking about.

Our father's (IBB/Buhari's) generation failed us. Most of them would pass on in ignominy, unsung and unheralded.

Sadly, we too have failed ourselves by not rising up above their stench. But all is not yet lost.

The important thing now is to figure out how to act so that we also do not fail our children's and yet-to-be-born generations.
Re: Did Our Teachers Lied? Ibb/Buhari Regime by Skidoc(m): 5:21pm On Oct 15, 2010
In Twitter style, Gbagaun! grin
Re: Did Our Teachers Lied? Ibb/Buhari Regime by tpiah: 6:01pm On Oct 15, 2010
In 1984 when Gen Buhari was our head of state, our teachers told us we are the leaders of tommorow, Now in 2010, Gen Buhari is contesting to be the president, is it that our teachers lied to us or what?

In 1988 when IBB was our head of state, our teachers told us never to worry that we are still the leaders of tommorow, Now in 2010, IBB is contesting to be the president again, is it that our teachers are perpetual liers or what?

no, your teachers did not lie because everybody cant fit into the presidential villa. Only a select number of people can.

if however you want to consider the possibility that there are other offices and ways to lead besides the presidency, then you might be on your way to making your teachers' prophecy come true.
Re: Did Our Teachers Lied? Ibb/Buhari Regime by ceah(m): 9:52am On Oct 16, 2010
omo~fat:

No doubt it is about the message. But the grammar too is important. That's why people go to school to learn things like classical rhetorics, etc.

Anyway, you're right. The message is clear;

Our teachers did not lie to us. They didn't have a clue what they were talking about.

Our father's (IBB/Buhari's) generation failed us. Most of them would pass on in ignominy, unsung and unheralded.

Sadly, we too have failed ourselves by not rising up above their stench. But all is not yet lost.

The important thing now is to figure out how to act so that we also do not fail our children's and yet-to-be-born generations.

May your days be long, May you walk and never stumble, You reason like a man from solomon clan. Really appreciate that contribution. I hope our actions will not be in vein as these people are hell bent on making it worse. sad

Skidoc:

In Twitter style, Gbagaun! grin
You crazy, lol! grin
tpiah:

no, your teachers did not lie because everybody cant fit into the presidential villa. Only a select number of people can.

if however you want to consider the possibility that there are other offices and ways to lead besides the presidency, then you might be on your way to making your teachers' prophecy come true.

i am not saying i want to be the president , do you read for reading sake or you read to understand ?
Dont you think other people especially the youths deserve to rule,
dont be surprise that these people will be ruling at the age of 100 when your grandchildren are supposed to be ruling,
You must be either IBB or Buhari to be in support of rotational leadership,
Re: Did Our Teachers Lied? Ibb/Buhari Regime by Skidoc(m): 11:17am On Oct 16, 2010
Our teachers also taught us that it's good to recycle so that's why we've just been recycling our Leaders.  smiley
Re: Did Our Teachers Lied? Ibb/Buhari Regime by ceah(m): 2:35pm On Oct 16, 2010
Skidoc:

Our teachers also taught us that it's good to recycle so that's why we've just been recycling our Leaders.  smiley

you are crazy, lol! grin , It's in secondary school they teach recycling, i was in primary during the ibb/buhari administration, lol! grin
Re: Did Our Teachers Lied? Ibb/Buhari Regime by Kay17: 3:23pm On Oct 16, 2010
Maybe these old heads are tampered with caution and experience.
Re: Did Our Teachers Lied? Ibb/Buhari Regime by ceah(m): 3:51pm On Oct 16, 2010
Kay 17:

Maybe these old heads are tampered with caution and experience.

Bro, are they the only one with the needed experience ?
Re: Did Our Teachers Lied? Ibb/Buhari Regime by ceah(m): 7:34am On Oct 17, 2010
I just thought about it, we dont really have tomorrow in nigeria, so how dare we ask to be leaders, shocked
Re: Did Our Teachers Lied? Ibb/Buhari Regime by hakanai(m): 12:49pm On Oct 18, 2010
Me thinks the teachers taught us more about qualities of a leader and good leadership.My view is they never said what date,age or generation will give results.They only said look for quality in leadership and be prepared for leadership by developing the good qualities to lead,If called upon.meaning every NIgerian is a potential change and developer of a progressive Nigeria.But PDP just upgraded leadership qualities.eg he who sits on the seat is the best until his or her tenure is impossible to extend,regardless of he or she leadership qualities.2) what ever you do in the senate if you belong to the ruling PDP,it is okay.simply don't decamp or f**k with the party.3)messing and screwing the people is okay.4)All Nigerians hardly know what is good for them, except by the ultimate guide of PDP. etc grin grin

(1) (Reply)

In Lagos you are either rich or poor,no middle man / Meet The Nigerian Gay, Chika Nwafor And German Husband / Bizzare! : Abia State University Student Sacrifice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.