Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

Is Human Resource Management Better Than Public Relations - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is Human Resource Management Better Than Public Relations (3421 Views)

Human Resource Management In Canada / Human Resource Professionals: / Nigerian Institute Of Public Relations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Human Resource Management Better Than Public Relations by superchick: 4:14pm On May 12, 2007
I studied Educational management/ Communication and language arts, but I'm stuck at deciding what I should do my masters in{between public relations (because of my background in C.L.A ) or Human Resource Management (because of my background in Management ) i.e with higher job opportunities and better pay. Also I would like to know what these jobs entails.
Re: Is Human Resource Management Better Than Public Relations by manp1: 10:36am On May 16, 2007
HI,

Either of the two is good since the deliverable is to affect people especially clients and potential ones.

however, you can earn international certifications in any of the two by just completing our training sessions in either of the two.

you are always safe with us. i appreciate your sense of interest in these areas. cos increase comes to anybody or to an organization by association with people. therefore , ability to manage relationship with people is the greatest discipline of all.

contact me:

samuel (08023054799)
PMCONSULTINGS powered by APAN MUELT CONSULTS
NIZAK BUILDING, 44, AKANRO STREET,ILASAMAJA, LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA.

REGARDS.
Re: Is Human Resource Management Better Than Public Relations by Waxxy(m): 7:48pm On May 20, 2007
@manP.
i am not in Nigeria and contacting u on phone would be difficult. Could u tell me more about the professional course in HRM please. Is it CIPD? Cheers
Re: Is Human Resource Management Better Than Public Relations by dupsyl: 1:22pm On May 24, 2007
both careers are good but you rily have to know which one you have the passion for since one deals with only the internal publics and the other with both publics so it is left for you to decide.
Re: Is Human Resource Management Better Than Public Relations by NiteAngel(m): 12:59am On May 25, 2007
It's not about which is better, it's about your vision and what you love doing. In making a choice consider the one you flow better in; the one that comes to you naturally; the one you can conifdently make an impromptu speech about; go that way and you'd meet with success in unusual places.

All the best.
Re: Is Human Resource Management Better Than Public Relations by Raf1(f): 1:11pm On May 25, 2007
I work in PR, have been in the industry for about 4 years now, and I love it! the job's interesting, you learn to be versatile, and get to meet loads of people.
I tried doing something different for awhile, but I found it too mundane, and so ran back to PR.
HRM's also cool, I worked in an HR recruiting and Training form for about 6 months and found it interesting. Especially the training part
Re: Is Human Resource Management Better Than Public Relations by achmed1(m): 4:32pm On May 02, 2011
t

(1) (Reply)

Ican May Diet 2013 Result Out: How To Check Your Result / 3D Epoxy Floor Training / Accountancy Or Economics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.