Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,797 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah (9135 Views)

Senator Asonya-Adokwe Faces Sack For Faking Certificates / Okah Speaks With Next Newspapers / Gej Nailed Finally- Okah Spills The Bin! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 15, 2010
The trial of Henry Okah resumes this morning in a Johannesburg courtroom with a gripping reading of excerpts from his diaries that were seized by South African police during a raid on his home.

Mr Okah was in the courtroom with his wife.

The prosecution read these out before listing its reasons for opposing Mr Okah's bail bid.

Some of the reasons listed for opposing the bid include: ‘Okah and Jomo Gbomo are one and the same person;' ‘applicant can easily exit this country without a trace;' ‘the applicant will attempt to intimidate and eliminate witnesses;' and ‘the applicant faces some of the most shocking charges known to man. , If released on bail and murdered, or escapes justice, the international community will criticise the justice system of the Republic.'

But the diary contains more shocking entries. These include:

‘We met with Orubebe, jonathan's desire to run for President. They require me to co-operate with so-called militants,'
‘Nearly everyone is a bounty hunter for me'
‘My brother, Charles has faked my voice and has been collecting money all this while, he has been negotiating a ceasefire claiming to be me. What treachery is this?'

Okah takes the stand to testify.
His affidavit reads: "I deny I had to obtain permission in order to participate in Aljazeera interview."

"My life is in danger, I do not trust the Nigerian government."
"I do not trust the manner in which food is presented in the prison."

Okah says the invoice being used as an exhibit by the prosecution was sent by Niger Delta minister, Godsway Orubebe. He said the Nigerian government sent Orubebe to him with a quote for guns, asking him to help them get a second quote from the South African government and that he told them he wasn't a contractor.

"I told them I would not help them to buy guns to kill my people," he said.

On his alleged involvement in bombings, he said: "I am a sympathiser of the cause. That for me is where it ends."

"I fled my home. The way they came into my home, I believed them to be assassins sent by the Nigerian Government."

On the diaries, he said, "I have hundreds of books on guerilla warfare, video tapes, it is my passion. Some of these things contained in these diaries are notes on those books."

He said all this when he was being questioned by his lawyer. Prosecution says it isn't ready to cross-examine Okah as he wasnt told by defense that Okah would take the stand. Judge agrees with him.

The trial started yesterday and the judge is expected to rule on the bail request this afternoon.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5630795-146/my_brother_was_faking_my_voice.csp
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 15, 2010
This guy now seems more than ever, to be lying
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 15, 2010
Okah says the invoice being used as an exhibit by the prosecution was sent by Niger Delta minister, Godsway Orubebe. He said the Nigerian government sent Orubebe to him with a quote for guns, asking him to help them get a second quote from the South African government and that he told them he wasn't a contractor.

"I told them I would not help them to buy guns to kill my people," he said.

if this is true, then fg does not only negotiate with and placate terrorists, it does business with them  angry angry angry angry angry
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 15, 2010
if this diary is taken in as evidence. . .

i suspect a lot of embarrasment for team gej
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 15, 2010
oyb:

if this diary is taken in as evidence. . .

i suspect a lot of embarrasment for team gej

I wonder why you can't see that this guy is a pathological lair
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by icare1: 2:25pm On Oct 15, 2010
what is all this. who is really clean, i dont trust gj
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by omojand: 2:48pm On Oct 15, 2010
The main problem with Nigeria is our gullibility. This is the power of distraction employed by desperate criminals in Nigeria.

All a criminal under pressure has to do is turn on his prosecutor with any allegation under the sun, we listen with ears wide open. The hunter then becomes the hunted.

That is why crooks in high places get away with just about anything in Nigeria. They play the system to it's fullest simply because of who we are as a people. Gullible!!!
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by babaowo: 2:49pm On Oct 15, 2010
i love the country called NIGERIA, because in that NATION, Dramma can never END
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by zenus(m): 2:53pm On Oct 15, 2010
The guy is still on Gun Business from what i see
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 15, 2010
dappssee:

I wonder why you can't see that this guy is a pathological lair

you are missing my point

the SA police are using the diary as a source of evidence

if they go through with that (taking the diary as a credible piece of evidence) then ALL the contents not just those pertaining to the bombing will have to be taken as fact.

if he writes in the diary - patience gej gave me head the other day, that too can be taken as fact

for all we know - it could be an elaborate joke by okah - pen a book with rubbish knowing it will be presented as 'evidence'

the use of the diary is evidence that the case is thin and the SA police are doing whatever they can to hold him so as to placatae the FG, while our expert security services are gathering evidence
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by lwise(m): 3:01pm On Oct 15, 2010
this man is a big crook!! he keeps on turning all the evidence around & trying to defend himself, it seems he is afraid of going to jail in naija. let him come back & defend himself.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by hinduism(f): 3:07pm On Oct 15, 2010
Okah is finish, he want to put everything now on his brother,he is ready to sacrifice his brother for his life, ohhh the material world. So he want the Government to now arrest his brother instead? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by slap1(m): 3:10pm On Oct 15, 2010
So the FG can't deal with an arms company directly except through Okah? That dude is a Papa Ajasco!
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by TewMuch: 3:12pm On Oct 15, 2010
What is painful about this Okah is not the fact that he lied, but the fact that he thought Nigerians were so dull for him to make up such a story.Well he was right because 25% are dumbasse*s as they believed.His wife was involved in these lies, so it was a planned thing.Now that it has backfired he is finally coming out with the truth.His wife should be arrested and charged with accessory to committing terrorist acts and manipulating or interferring in investigations,Nd his kids should be deported back to Nigeria.He must pay for this and get the death sentence.One person, trying to destroy a whole country all by himself.I bet the allure of being the possible "Life ND president" was too much for him.People forget money is a demon,it will push you to kill yourself soon enough.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 15, 2010
slap1:

So the FG can't deal with an arms company directly except through Okah? That dude is a Papa Ajasco!

My thoughts too. So its Okah that will be given the contract to equip our arms. This is so ridiculous. Like someone commented on the NEXT website, those who are sympathetic with this guy should have their heads examined  cheesy
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 15, 2010
oyb:

you are missing my point

the SA police are using the diary as a source of evidence

if they go through with that (taking the diary as a credible piece of evidence) then ALL the contents not just those pertaining to the bombing will have to be taken as fact.

if he writes in the diary - patience gej gave me head the other day, that too can be taken as fact

for all we know - it could be an elaborate joke by okah - pen a book with rubbish knowing it will be presented as 'evidence'

the use of the diary is evidence that the case is thin and the SA police are doing whatever they can to hold him so as to placatae the FG, while our expert security services are gathering evidence

Its not the diary that is the evidence but the contents dude. They will provide leads. Your diary is like your phone. It will contain leads to your past activities.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by chakula: 3:18pm On Oct 15, 2010
More to voice out their MINDs!
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by slap1(m): 3:20pm On Oct 15, 2010
There is an emerging field in crime fighting known as forensic linguistics. From the little study I took in it, I'm gradually concluding that Okah is Jomo Gbomo! Damn, whoever heard such name before?
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by tkb417(m): 3:20pm On Oct 15, 2010
Okah deliberately did the Diary thingy to divert and distort pronouncements on him

the man shdnt be tried, he shd summarily dismissed.

hes a nuisance to the present dispensation and an unnecessary evil lurking around the corner

a living Orkah would not do anythn aprt from gun wielding, terrorism and other vices cos thats what keeps him going

he shd have been history since day 1. i blame the politicians, other militants who sought his services in the first place

monkey
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 15, 2010
dappssee:

Its not the diary that is the evidence but the contents dude. They will provide leads. Your diary is like your phone. It will contain leads to your past activities.

i'm sorry, is that not what i said?

f they go through with that (taking the diary as a credible piece of evidence) then ALL the contents not just those pertaining to the bombing will have to be taken as fact.

slap1:

for those of you who are not yet earning a living, let me break it down.

in the course of executing a contract/project /purchase an organization can source quotes from multiple sources with the goal of buying for a fair price / getting an idea of a reasonable cost of the items .

in the same way, organisations may sometimes choose to go through third parties already in the business, as this will get more realistic figures than if it negotiated directly.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by naijaking1: 3:27pm On Oct 15, 2010
So, let Okah start singing, and louder too.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by ud4u: 3:29pm On Oct 15, 2010
This Okah guy can never cease to amuse me, he will definately dance the music. Nonsense
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by chosen04(f): 3:33pm On Oct 15, 2010
slap1:

There is an emerging field in crime fighting known as forensic linguistics. From the little study I took in it, I'm gradually concluding that Okah is Jomo Gbomo! Damn, whoever heard such name before?

Jomo Gbomo had an interview a brief interview with PUNCH yesterday. Did you mean OKAH was in South African prison having an on-line interview with PUNCH?. . . . . . . . . . check the website for details.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by slap1(m): 3:34pm On Oct 15, 2010
Mr Oyb that is earning a living, so Okah is the best hand "already in the business"?When did he start the business, anyway? Who's been supplying arms to the NPF? Na wa for you o!
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by jezzygrave: 3:36pm On Oct 15, 2010
This guy is faking every thing to get an a way out,it those not matter to him who is involve.Babangida(IBB).if not why the dalay in justice.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 15, 2010
oyb:

for those of you who are not yet earning a living, let me break it down.

in the course of executing a contract/project /purchase an organization can source quotes from multiple sources with the goal of buying for a fair price / getting an idea of a reasonable cost of the items .

in the same way, organisations may sometimes choose to go through third parties already in the business, as this will get more realistic figures than if it negotiated directly.

FYI a lot of us here have good jobs and I work with one of 9ja's biggest companies.

No government will want to have anything to do with an illegal arms dealer in the purchase of arms.
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by chosen04(f): 3:38pm On Oct 15, 2010
dappssee:

I do not trust the Nigerian government."

CLASSIC!!!!

Neither do I
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by chosen04(f): 3:40pm On Oct 15, 2010
dappssee:

No government will want to have anything to do with an illegal arms dealer in the purchase of arms.

You talk as if we have an IDEAL govt . . . . . . .
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Beaf: 3:41pm On Oct 15, 2010
Okah supporters really need a brain transplant. Here is a guy who can even sell his own brother;

‘Nearly everyone is a bounty hunter for me'
‘My brother, Charles has faked my voice and has been collecting money all this while,  he has been negotiating a ceasefire claiming to be me. What treachery is this?'
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by tkb417(m): 3:42pm On Oct 15, 2010
chosen04:

Jomo Gbomo had an interview a brief interview with PUNCH yesterday. Did you mean OKAH was in South African prison having an on-line interview with PUNCH?. . . . . . . . . . check the website for details.
Jomo Gbomo? did he physically appear in Punch or one infidel somewhere called himself Jomo Gbomo?
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 15, 2010

if you believe that, you will believe anything.

is it the nigerian government we are talking about here, or some hypothetical government?

our government is not telling us the truth in this case

first it was ben jessy and chima orlu - all of a sudden, they are not interested in pursuing these fellows

then it was dokpesi 'na we do am' ' meet us at ibb campaign office'

now it is okah

ring a ring a rosie

can someone say bola ige?
Re: 'my Brother Was Faking My Voice' Says Okah by slap1(m): 3:45pm On Oct 15, 2010
chosen04:

Gbomo Jomo is a phantom! I doubt the credibility of that interview. It could have been effected by someone appointed by Okah,maybe his wife! Have you seen Gbomo Jomo before? Before a computer, with the relevant password and e-mail, you could be Gbomo Jomo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NLC Strike: Rivers Government Threatens Workers With ‘no Work, No Pay’ Order / Alex Otti Conferred With Chieftaincy Title (Photos) / Lagos State Insists On Special Revenue Allocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.