Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,549 members, 7,801,539 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Abuja - Things To Do - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja - Things To Do (6316 Views)

8 Things To Throw Out Of Your Bag When Travelling / Exciting Things To Do In Lagos Besides The Regular Weekend Clubbing, Others / Operation: Lasgidi (Things to do in Lagos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja - Things To Do by Meddler(f): 8:35pm On Oct 15, 2010
To all my Abuja peeps (and I know we are more than a handful here grin) I was wondering if we could make a list of things to do in Abuja, places to see, where to eat, where to shop and the night life. Please if you could also include both day time and night time activities that will be great. I'll go first. I'm still new to Abuja but I have managed to find some interesting places. Places I've visited:

Silverbird - Movies, restaurants, Bar/lounge (Amber Lounge) bookstores, stores (Samsung & Nike stores and more stores can't quite recall their names), Standard Chartered Bank and mini boutiques.
A decent place to hang out, watch movies, window shopping, actual shopping, eat and drink. The stores and restaurants are quite fancy and very expensive.The Amber Lounge is a nice chill out zone but their drinks are very expensive.

Ceddi Plaza- Same as Silverbird but has more varieties. They have a Bar/lounge, Kilimanjaro restaurant and clothes & shoe stores. Again quite an expensive place to shop.

Grand Square Supermarket- A very expensive place to shop. But you will find a lot of Western products. Came across a Betty Crocker Cake mix grin. And don't forget their ice cream joint, they have good ice cream.

Amigos Supermarket - little bit more affordable than Grand Square but not as much selection as Grand Square.

Yahuza Suya- Very good suya. Beef, chicken, kidney, gizzard, and shwarma. There's one very close to Silverbird. Less than 10 mins walk from Silverbird

Shwarma Joint in Maitama- It is opposite or close to Transcorp Hilton. My friend told me that it was popular joint with very good shwarma. Still planning on checking it out.

This is what I have so far. Please feel free to add yours. I'm still looking for more things to do here smiley
Re: Abuja - Things To Do by naijadiva2(f): 8:58pm On Oct 15, 2010
Thanks for this post. IF and when i get a chance to go to nigeria, i'll make sure to check some of these places out (thats if time allows me to)
Re: Abuja - Things To Do by LouisThoru(f): 9:11pm On Oct 15, 2010
Baby - i got more for you.

Transcorp - Night club, live band, swimming, bar/lounge, steak meat - etc- Nice but beware of ladies of easy virtue, and not to be seen as one, go with a man.

Crystal Lounge - Aminu Kano - Every Night - dance, drink and food - Beware of ladies of easy virtue, no entry if u are alone.

Soho Lounge - Aminu Kano - Nice and nice

The Dunes - Shopping, Restaurant, - Extremely nice place to be (Next to Aussie Embassy on Aguiyi

Roof Top Cafe - British Council - Nice, cool and classy

Eat.com - Aminu Kano - nice eatery and take away.

Play Night Club/Cafe 24 - Opposite Peniel Apartments- Classy, classy, classy Thursday/Friday. not good on Saturdays.
Re: Abuja - Things To Do by LouisThoru(f): 9:18pm On Oct 15, 2010
The wine shop - Ademola Adetokunbo - wine all the way

Cubana - Restaurant, bar, lounge, Night club

Metro Plaza

Sheraton Hotel - masterclass nightclub. Can be wierd though, but good, reccommended.

Loads of parks and gardens

Wonderland Amusement Park

Jabi Lake

IBB Golf Course

Park n Shop - Nice shopping.
Re: Abuja - Things To Do by LouisThoru(f): 9:40pm On Oct 15, 2010
NICE BAR/LOUNGE/NIGHT CLUBS

TERMINAL 5

THE HEAVEN

XTACY LOUNGE

NANET

BASEMENT

CAPITAL BAR

SAFARI

ARISTOTLE

VANILLA

AMANA BAR.
Re: Abuja - Things To Do by Meddler(f): 9:48pm On Oct 15, 2010
LouisThoru:

Baby - i got more for you.

Transcorp - Night club, live band, swimming, bar/lounge, steak meat - etc- Nice but beware of ladies of easy virtue, and not to be seen as one, go with a man.

Crystal Lounge - Aminu Kano - Every Night - dance, drink and food - Beware of ladies of easy virtue, no entry if u are alone.

Soho Lounge - Aminu Kano - Nice and nice

The Dunes - Shopping, Restaurant, - Extremely nice place to be (Next to Aussie Embassy on Aguiyi

Roof Top Cafe - British Council - Nice, cool and classy

Eat.com - Aminu Kano - nice eatery and take away.

Play Night Club/Cafe 24 - Opposite Peniel Apartments- Classy, classy, classy Thursday/Friday. not good on Saturdays.

Nice!  Keep 'em coming. I've been to Roof Top Cafe @ British Council -They had really good pizza but hella pricey and the service was so sloooowwww.
Where exactly is The Dunes located? And Metro plaza ?
Re: Abuja - Things To Do by LouisThoru(f): 9:53pm On Oct 15, 2010
The Dunes

44 Aguiyi Ironsi Street, Abuja.

There is this guy who sells Sat Navs (GPS) for the whole of Nigeria, with great Abuja maps.

Very good, you can find out from their website www.ceaser-web.com
Re: Abuja - Things To Do by LouisThoru(f): 9:59pm On Oct 15, 2010
Metro Plaza

Opposite War College. City Centre.
Re: Abuja - Things To Do by LAX89(m): 9:01pm On Oct 18, 2010
Thoru u dey waka o! Next time I come Naija, na u I wan dey follow from now on
Re: Abuja - Things To Do by LouisThoru(f): 9:25pm On Oct 18, 2010
oya na
Re: Abuja - Things To Do by LAX89(m): 2:34am On Oct 19, 2010
What r ur coordinates there
Re: Abuja - Things To Do by Meddler(f): 8:03am On Oct 19, 2010
LAX89:

Thoru u dey waka o! Next time I come Naija, na u I wan dey follow from now on

I know right grin. Abeg girl where Aguiyi Ironsi street. Is that in Wuse? I also heard that they have a really good bakery in town. Any idea where?
Re: Abuja - Things To Do by LouisThoru(f): 12:10pm On Oct 19, 2010
Bakery should be Oceanic bakery or better still the one at Grand Square? But looks like you know where Grand Square is?

The bakery is by Wuse 2. Last Right turn before Junction of Ahmadu Bello with Ademola Adetokunbo, when coming from Amigos side.

Re: Abuja - Things To Do by Meddler(f): 4:46pm On Oct 19, 2010
Thanks a bunch!!!!! I have some sightseeing for this weekend.
Re: Abuja - Things To Do by smanuel: 7:22pm On Dec 08, 2010
Meddler:

Thanks a bunch!!!!! I have some sightseeing for this weekend.

Hey dear, it my first in Abuja this coming weekend. Care to show a brother around. smanuel@gmx.com

Sean
Re: Abuja - Things To Do by Fiver: 10:40am On Oct 28, 2012
bump

any pool/snooker place

or go karting?
Re: Abuja - Things To Do by darkgemini: 11:32am On Oct 28, 2012
I am in Abuja soon too. Any new places? undecided
Re: Abuja - Things To Do by DisGuy: 3:15pm On Dec 03, 2012
millennium park

Re: Abuja - Things To Do by DisGuy: 3:16pm On Dec 03, 2012
nice n quiet

Re: Abuja - Things To Do by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 07, 2014
Re: Abuja - Things To Do by hugo2802: 8:33am On Mar 18, 2015
How much does it cost to play a game of snooker in Xtacy lounge Wuse 2 Abuja. And what are their rules on winning? As per do you continue playing when you win, or pay for a new game.

(1) (Reply)

Cheapest College Or University In Denmark / Do You Stop To Help Victims Involved In Road Traffic Accidents? BE HONEST. / Traveling To Mali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.