Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar (12428 Views)

Nigeria Has Given So Much To The Igbo Nation, Why Do Some Of Them Wish Her Bad? / Jonathan And His Government Steal 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Daily - Tinubu / President Jonathan And His Campaign Team Arrive Onitsha, Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 16, 2010
THE BOMB:

"The President was once a child and the Senators were once a children" - Patience Jonathan October 15 2010

What kind of first lady is this ?

any way behind  every dull man, there is  a dunce (woman)
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by favouredjb(f): 8:27am On Oct 16, 2010
That was harsh

But I can blv she said that,until ppl passed it around on bb,lwkmd
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by gaiusjuli: 9:06am On Oct 16, 2010
That's the abridged version! See the full explosion. " the people sitting before you here were once a children"The bombers who born them?wasn't it not a woman?they were once a children now a adult now they are bombing women and children making some children a widow"
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by FrankC3: 10:12am On Oct 16, 2010
It was caused by IBB. grin grin grin grin
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by LouisThoru(f): 11:03am On Oct 16, 2010
so?
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by Abagworo(m): 11:21am On Oct 16, 2010
IBB planted a grammar rearranging machine in her brain.grin grin grin
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by obong1: 11:31am On Oct 16, 2010
that was very funny
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by Gbawe: 12:06pm On Oct 16, 2010
gaius juli:

That's the abridged version! See the full explosion. " the people sitting before you here were once a children"The bombers who born them?wasn't it not a woman?they were once a children now a adult now they are bombing women and children making some children a widow"

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Are you serious ? My four year old daughter speaks far better english than that !!!!!
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by favouredjb(f): 2:39pm On Oct 17, 2010
Lmao@rearranging machine
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by oderemo(m): 2:52pm On Oct 17, 2010
and this is the pres. wife with a budget of bills.
nothing wrong with making all these grammer tica errors
all she need doing is what ppl like salawa abeni, wasiu, pasuma did , get a prive tutor.
it save face and shame.
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by favouredjb(f): 3:06pm On Oct 17, 2010
Exactly,dnt why she does not have a private tutor, or maybe she has but doesn't assimilate or understand quickly
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by kech(f): 8:51pm On Oct 17, 2010
gaius juli:

shocked shocked shocked*dead*
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by jason12345: 9:24pm On Oct 17, 2010
soo!!!!
does it matter
is english her first language
ferari90:

THE BOMB:

"The President was once a child and the Senators were once a children" - Patience Jonathan October 15 2010

ferari90 u have a slave mentality
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by MaiSuya(m): 9:25pm On Oct 17, 2010
gaius juli:

KAI!!!  shocked

Aha! All wey dey laff am for Turai sey she pit speak am for engrih, at Least she was not [i]this [/i]bad  grin

BTW I thot she was a teacher??
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by johndoe200: 9:28pm On Oct 17, 2010
ferari90:

THE BOMB:

Hmmm, Lets see.

From the sentence she spoke, you have deduced the following:

1. She is a dunce
2. Her husband is dull.

Ok, from your post I can deduce the following:
1. you are an illiterate (As I understand it the dull man has a PHD, I can wager any amount of money, that you are not literate.)
2. you have comprehension problems - (You have no way to assess her academic record, not being able to read very well yourself.)

As to what kind of first lady she is, well she is the one we have and are going to have for the next 8 years.

You cretin (do you know what that is? - you dunce)
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 17, 2010
Gbawe:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Are you serious ? My four year old daughter speaks far better english than that !!!!!
cheii, you have a daughter? shocked shocked And here I thought you'd be compatible with tpiah, was ready to pay your groom price.

gaius juli:

This is false. Source plz.
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by oderemo(m): 9:34pm On Oct 17, 2010
As
to what kind of first lady she is, well she is the one we have and are going to have for the next 8 years.
You cretin (do you know what that is? - you dunce).

and mr bright, in order to defend your first lady insult bcomes your b./fast,and dinner.
you do well.
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by Gbawe: 9:48pm On Oct 17, 2010
jason12345:

soo!!!!
does it matter
is english her first language ferari90 u have a slave mentality

when will you guys stop Parroting this sad excuse? English is our national language in case you do not know.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria

We must have a national language that will enable a complex aggregation of people to communicate effectively with each other. We chose English because , good or bad , it is neutral and pertinent to our history same as , for example, one would expect folks from CIV to speak French efficiently. Your excuse is redundantly embarrassing and should never be repeated . Every well educated Nigerian should be able to communicate effectively using the English language. Simple. Some of you cheapen the office of the Presidency with your talk. The President of any modern nation should be erudite and eloquent. His wife should also be able to communicate effectively in the accepted national language. No excuse is tenable . Nigeria , last I checked , is not the Ijaw Republic. Patience Jonathan must be able to communicate effectively with all Nigerians and not Okrika folks alone. If she cannot speak english correctly then she should be seen and not heard because it is embarrasing for Nigeria to have a first Lady who cannot speak our national language correctly.
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by tubabie(f): 9:50pm On Oct 17, 2010
Abagworo:

IBB planted a grammar rearranging machine in her brain.grin grin grin
Lmao!! grin grin grin
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by oderemo(m): 9:54pm On Oct 17, 2010
We must have a national language that will enable a complex aggregation of people to communicate effectively with each other. We chose English because , good or bad , it is neutral and pertinent to our history same as , for
example, one would expect folks from CIV to speak French efficiently. Your excuse is redundantly embarrassing and should never be repeated . Every well educated Nigerian should be able to communicate effectively using the English language. Simple. Some of you cheapen the office of the Presidency with your talk. The President of any modern nation should be erudite and eloquent. His wife should also be able to communicate effectively in the accepted national language. No excuse is tenable . Nigeria , last I checked , is not the Ijaw Republic. Patience Jonathan must be able to communicate effectively with all Nigerians and not Okrika folks alone. If she cannot speak english correctly then she should be seen and not heard because it is embarrasing for Nigeria to have a first Lady who cannot speak our national language correctly.

how erudite, can i pay 4 that thought.?
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by Gbawe: 9:57pm On Oct 17, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

cheii, you have a daughter? shocked shocked And here I thought you'd be compatible with tpiah, was ready to pay your groom price.

Yes OO. In fact I have two beautiful Princesses and a fine-boy Son (like his dad really  smiley ). I might hook up Tpiah with my younger brother who is still single . My entire family is looking for a wife for him since he clocked 30 two months ago . He now avoids our calls  grin grin
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 17, 2010
Gbawe:

Yes OO. In fact I have two beautiful Princesses and a fine-boy Son (like his dad really  smiley ). I might hook up Tpiah with my younger brother who is still single . My entire family is looking for a wife for him since he clocked 30 two months ago . he now avoids our calls  grin grin
awww, eyah. They must be cute since they all look like mommy grin tongue
Plz hook her up, since OnlyTruth no gree. God bless

@post
Not sure what to say.
BUT MUST A NIGERIAN PRESIDENT HAVE A FIRST LADY?
First it was Turai, now Patience? They should just start speaking in their native tongues.
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by oderemo(m): 10:10pm On Oct 17, 2010
First it was Turai, now Patience? They should just start speaking in their native tongues
whole rubish started with lady victoria of gen. GOWON era.
cant be bothered with the first lady shenaningan once they are not rcv any budget.
but imm. they are on our payroll, i will hammer them .
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by Gbawe: 10:20pm On Oct 17, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

awww, eyah. They must be cute since they all look like mommy grin tongue
Plz hook her up, since OnlyTruth no gree. God bless

@post
Not sure what to say.
BUT MUST A NIGERIAN PRESIDENT HAVE A FIRST LADY?
First it was Turai, now Patience? They should just start speaking in their native tongues.

This is the 'koko' of the matter. Must we have a first lady if that concept involves the embarrassment of Nigeria? These days , worldwide,  those who rise to the enviable position of leading their modern nations usually do not have semi-illiterate wives. In the UK , for example, reel off the names of 5 top Politicians randomly (David Cameron, Tony Blair, Nick Clegg, David Milliband, Gordon Brown , Ed Milliband, Ed balls, etc, etc ) and you will not find any of them with a below par wife of questionable education and dubious basic intelligence.
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by zipper003: 10:35pm On Oct 17, 2010
No b her fault, her Oga no see 'am like dat.
No tertiary Education. only primary and secondary levels of education.
it's not her fault Abeg.
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by Beaf: 10:38pm On Oct 17, 2010
IBB started the first lady tradition. Before IBB, it didn't exist. In my opinion, we need to do away with it or severly limit it in the nearest future.

As for Patience Jonathan, I really don't see why anybody is concerned, except they are just being petty (since bullet no de against Jonathan). It is in very poor taste to go stoop so low as to go after an opponents wife, simply because there is nothing to nail him with. The quality of some comments here can only be found in the gutter. Shame on the guilty. cry
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 17, 2010
Gbawe:

This is the 'koko' of the matter. Must we have a first lady if that concept involves the embarrassment of Nigeria? These days , worldwide,  those who rise to the enviable position of leading their modern nations usually do not have semi-illiterate wives. In the UK , for example, reel off the names of 5 top Politicians randomly (David Cameron, Tony Blair, Nick Clegg, David Milliband, Gordon Brown , Ed Milliband, Ed balls, etc, etc ) and you will not find any of them with a below par wife of questionable education and dubious basic intelligence.

True.
Sugbon, the thing that hurts me the most is that they [First Ladies] do not represent powerful Nigerian women well.
Before her battle warriors arrive, let me make it clear that Even tho English is not our native language, it is one of our OFFICIAL language, so there's no excuse. She went to school to get education in an English speaking Educational facility.
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by Gbawe: 10:56pm On Oct 17, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

True.
Sugbon, the thing that hurts me the most is that they [First Ladies] do not represent powerful Nigerian women well.
Before her battle warriors arrive, let me make it clear that Even tho English is not our native language, it is one of our OFFICIAL language, so there's no excuse. She went to school to get education in an English speaking Educational facility.

I agree . We continue to bamboozle the world . Most non-Nigerian folks meet Nigerians who are very intelligent and articulate. they are impressed . Next minute they listen to a gramatically error-laden speech delivered by our first Lady in our National language !!! They are then forced to reconsider their opinion of Nigerians. What is not explained to non-Nigerians is that our nation is unique in how the ruling party promotes the least educated and most criminal individuals into top positions while those who represents the best virtues to be found in Nigerians are sidelined deliberately.
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by Nobody: 11:12pm On Oct 17, 2010
Beaf:

IBB started the first lady tradition. Before IBB, it didn't exist. In my opinion, we need to do away with it or severly limit it in the nearest future.

As for Patience Jonathan, I really don't see why anybody is concerned, except they are just being petty (since bullet no de against Jonathan). It is in very poor taste to go stoop so low as to go after an opponents wife, simply because there is nothing to nail him with. The quality of some comments here can only be found in the gutter. Shame on the guilty. cry

the position of the first lady had long been done away with - the constitution does not recognize the office of the first lady

if gej is as good as his noisemakers claim, let him find it within him to end what ibb started , rather than continue it ( who knows what the grand dame will do next - she seems to have a penchant for bringing misery to the lives of abuja residents )

even more shame on those that felicitate with women who throw food at them like they were starving farm animals and pigeons

and who have no qualms about inconveniencing the citizenry because they are launching a going nowhere NGO

this from hypocrites who are blathering about saraki - so whats the difference between the two - oh yes i remeber now - people don't get killed when saraki doles out his fish.
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by PhysicsMHD(m): 7:39pm On Oct 18, 2010
^^^^

Damn. Merciless.
Re: Patience Jonathan And Her Bad Grammar by EzeUche0(m): 7:43pm On Oct 18, 2010
English not our native tongue so give these people a break! angry

Not everyone can string words together in English!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woolwich Suspects Plead Not Guilty To Murder Of Lee Rigby / Insecurity: There’s Plot To Discredit My Husband — Dame Patience Jonathan / I Cannot Work With Tinubu, ACN A Party Of Rebels – Falae

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.