Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,392 members, 7,808,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? (11761 Views)

Zenith Bank Charged Me This For A 5Dollar Transaction *pix Attached**** / My First Bank Mastercard Was Hacked In The USA / Italian Arraigned For Defrauding Zenith Bank Of N717m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by neroflick(m): 2:43am On May 13, 2007
I've been searching for a means of payment for goods/services online. I just stumbled on the Websurfer Mastercard issued by Zenith bank and I'd like to know how reliable it is. I understand most international merchants do not accept Nigerian bank issued credit cards. So if u know a thing or two about this Websurfer card, please share.
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by syskay(m): 1:49pm On May 13, 2007
It works for some merchants, while some other merchants reject it. many online merchants simply don’t wanna have anything to do with Nigeria. So if you don’t want any disappointments, ask a friend or relative abroad to help you out with your purchase.
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by neroflick(m): 9:02pm On May 13, 2007
@ syskay

thanks for the info , but if may ask, have u ever used it? i just need basically to pay for services (domain, hosting, downloadables, etc). do u think it could work for all these? cos i'm in dire need of a inexhorbitant means of making payments online.
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by syskay(m): 9:37pm On May 13, 2007
I have not used it personally, but i know someone who had a very bitter experience with it. Despite all the proof he tendered about the card being his, the order was still declined.

Your could still go ahead and give it a try, since some other websites will still accept it.
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by Seun(m): 2:20am On May 14, 2007
Is the Websurfer Mastercard a physical card like the others? If so, then how is it different?
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by niyyie(m): 2:26am On May 14, 2007
Its a physical card, but its meant to be used exclusively online. It doesn't even come with your name on it. However, you don't need to have an account with Zenith, to own one.

See: http://www.zenithbank.com/debitcreditcards.cfm

As said earlier, some merchants WILL reject you for the simple reason that you are located in Nigeria.
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by dre901(m): 4:20am On May 14, 2007
I am going to apply for one today at zenithbank. i downloaded the form which had a ref no to it. it actucally a virtual card with all your details sent to your email.so once i get a hands on it, will let yo guys know.
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by spaceworld: 6:43am On May 14, 2007
@neroflick
The web online payement if e-gold is inclusive on their payment system easy and convenient to pay, check and confirm if e-gold is among the virtual payement accepted, then go to e-gold site register and make your payement with your account number.

regard
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by worldismy(m): 8:34am On May 14, 2007
just same like other card
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by Nobody: 8:54am On May 14, 2007
It is ok! More so when you have sufficient funds to play around with! Such funds are not too difficult to come by at Club Freedom.

Club Freedom has changed the way Nigerians look at Travel and Tourism. Membership affords free international travels plus an excellent business plan to earn over $6,000 every travel cycle at the board. Registration is simply by sending a request for more information to me through my email: travellingjobs@yahoo.com
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by topten: 9:55am On May 14, 2007
Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard is not that reliable because most merchants (especailly those with third party payment processors like clickbank.com and paypal.com) don't accept it. The issues are:

# Nigerian IP address are flaged for scam or spam
# Nigerian address is also flaged, and if you use a U.S or U.K address, it won't match with your ISP provider link
# Zenith Bank cannot back up the purchase since it is debit card not credit card

Even though you use software to manipulate the ISP link, they will detect it. For a credit card to work, it's owner address must match the ISP, the bank details, etc

The solution to online payments for Nigerians is to ask a friend or relative abroad to help you out with your purchase. Or use the service of businesses who can use their contact abroad to make the payment. They will charge commission. You can use www.oxcheck.net they make payments by credit card, cheques, paypal, Nairapro, egold, money orders, etc.

Over the years I have had expereince with credit card. I bought my first credit card in 1999. I loaded it from the U.S, and it carried my name but a New York address and phone no. I made some payments but the big processors like paypal.com were denying it. So any time I want to make online purchase, i will spend days looking for a site that will accept me.

Now I noticed that most site are moving to third party services for security reasons. I dump that card with about $60 left inside.

Getting a proccesor to accept payment on your site is the same as paying. My first payment processor cancelled my account one week after they noticed I was operating from naija. I tried more and kept getting problems before God link me to a new site. They operate from German, and so far I've gotten two cheques.

Taking advantage of Internet is limited to Nigerian becuase of our government and 419.
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by Egavlas(m): 10:57am On May 14, 2007
If you say that it doesnt have your name on it, then thats going to be a problem. Using my credit card to pay online, I run into sites that will just flag the transaction with a fraud alert once they see your location through the AVS system. If I still have problems once in a while when using my credit card with my name, address and everything on it, what do you expect of the *websurfer*? I suggest you get a Dom account with any of the banks that issue mastercard and get a card.

This is one of the reasons why I detest the Yahoo Yahoo boys and all that rubbish. Majority of Nigerians, who are into legit business, are being hard done by the activities of this misguided and unrepentant few
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by babalawo(m): 12:09pm On May 14, 2007
well i have a websurfer card and have been usin i since january 2007,i wont agree with most replies on this questions cos am quite okay with the services of the card
i have used the card to make online payment for my postgraduate application to about 2 schools-i mena application fess and i ahve used it to purchase books from amazon book
the only challenge i ever had was with my payment with amazon in which amazon requested more information from the card issuer; i just called the IT deparment # at the back on the card and zenith did send to amazon all required document via fax and withiin 72 hrs my order was effected
this is my own story am enjoying my card-so far so good
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by DisGuy: 1:46pm On May 14, 2007
babalawo maybe its because you are not in lagos cheesy

Over the years I have had expereince with credit card. I bought my first credit card in 1999

For a credit card to work, it's owner address must match the ISP, the bank details, etc
what if your surfing from your school/work/holiday
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by Egavlas(m): 2:11pm On May 14, 2007
I think he meant IP and not ISP . If you are shopping online and you enter your credit card details, the system checks the address of the card owner and compares it with the IP address of the network you are browsing from. This is called the AVS system. Address Verification system. So if you are shopping from nigeria, and the address on the card says UK or Us, they will flag the process and hold the transaction because the IP address of your computer, indicates Nigeria. If you were from other "trusted" countries , they may give you a benefit of the doubt that you are on a travel/vacation and ask you to send proof of card ownership but if you are Nigerian and in nigeria and you contact them, sorry no show. Unless the AVS system checks out.

I have not had problems using my credit card except on two isolated cases.
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by carpenter(m): 4:33pm On May 14, 2007
It works pretty fine for me. I have used three times now.
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by carpenter(m): 6:47pm On May 14, 2007
I would recommend it!
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by neroflick(m): 10:19pm On May 14, 2007
carpenter:

It works pretty fine for me. I have used three times now.

what and what did u purchase on those occasions? were they goods or services?
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by idea(m): 7:05am On May 15, 2007
there are things you need to know about zenithbank websurfer card.
1. it is a prepaid mastercard not a debit card.
2. it is not a virtual card as some of u guys think.
3. it is the same mastercard you have anywhere in the world.

the challenge is that.
in the US of A, there's AVS- address verification system which does not accept addresses outside the USA. this is experienced by some other continents as well eg some cards from the UK are not accpeted by some US merchants just like Nigerian Mastercard.

Please note that some merchants still accept the card in the USA.

NB.
it is the merchant's discretion to accept or reject your card.
some your posts are correct like the scam issue but not all.please verify your information well before posting.do not mislead people.
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by DrDre1(m): 6:05pm On May 15, 2007
I got a websurfer since December 2006 and it works fine
When you try and use it in some sites, they may reject it but if you contact the admin, they will send you another link to use for the payment.
On one occassion, a staff of the company I was trying to do business with called me from the U.S to confirm my order.
It was after the call that they removed the money from my account but I had already downloaded what I wanted from the site.
I also got a list of some websites that accept the card without stress from Zenith bank
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by donmayor(m): 11:43am On May 18, 2007
I have used the websurfer card on yahoo and it worked well after yahoo funded the card with less than a dollar and asked for the actual amount they added to the card. I tried it on 2 sites that use 2checkout as their credit card processor and it was rejected. Right now I'm arguing the authenticity of the card with 2checkout but they want me to fax the statement to them and websurfer uses an online statement.
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by DisGuy: 10:40pm On May 19, 2007
print the online statement out then and send it to them
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by niyyie(m): 11:12pm On Feb 14, 2008
2Checkout [2CO] routinely rejects cards issued by Nigerian banks. All you need do is look for merchants that are not using 2CO.
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by oosea(m): 8:43pm On Sep 06, 2008
I offer online payment service for anyone in Nigeria.

:DCall me on
08052333682, 07084494880
or
contact me at:
#38, 2nd floor, right wing, olowu street off Awolowo way, Ikeja
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by dotuneasy: 7:16pm On Dec 12, 2009
i dont know much about this stuff and i also want to get one. So could someone who as already got one try this: open the site with another site like tunneldirect.com This site changes your IP, in other words it changes your location. See if it works and give me a feedback.
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by BoostWealt: 11:04pm On Dec 12, 2009
Dear, anything from Nigeria is not worldwide accepted, even the human beings. The good thing is that Nigerians always have a way of making the world accept them. That's one thing I'm proud of. This mastercard issue now for instance, all the cards issued by Nigerian banks are not worldwide accepted. Is there anyone? If there is, then prove me wrong.
I strongly recommend payoneer mastercard. This is owned and issued by the USA. Here are some benefits of this mastercard below:

1) Its FREE to Apply for the Card (You DO NOT Pay a Kobo to Apply & GET the Card)

2) It is a Worldwide Accepted MasterCard Unlike the Nigerian MasterCards which are REJECTED by some sites online

3) Cards are shipped for FREE to Your own Nigerian Address

4) No bank account or credit check required

5) You Can BUY and SELL online using this Card

6) Your various Online Businesses (Survey, CPA, Clickbank, Paypal,
Get paid to read emails, Commission Junction, PaydotCom etc) Pay You DIRECTLY to your MasterCard

7) You Receive payments in dollars and immediately spend or withdraw in Naira at Your ATMs Anywhere in Nigeria

cool You can use this MasterCard TO VERIFY YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT.

9) Your Affiliate checks can be Cashed through Your MasterCard Account. This means that you can use your MasterCard to cash US dollar checks

10) You can RECEIVE your earnings via PayPal, Moneybookers or check AND you can have them sent directly to your MasterCard Account.

11) Your card is a PREPAID Debit MasterCard, so you can use it just like a CREDIT CARD

12) You can use this Debit MasterCard anywhere MasterCard is accepted . online and in stores

13) You can See & Access your MasterCard Account Online(for monitoring your funds, balancing your accounts, to see your payments, balance and transaction history ANYTIME you want) which Nigerian Mastercards DO NOT do.

14) If the card is lost or stolen, a new card with the remaining balance will be issued

15) Never be overdrawn – you can only spend money that has been loaded onto the card

16) This Worldwide Accepted MasterCard can be funded locally

17) They offer customer support by phone, email and live chat

Some Nigerians have started enjoying the service of this mastercard. You can share your opinions on this.
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by natyubong: 8:23pm On Dec 14, 2009
To avoid any disappointment on buying online using the websufer, i would advice you dont buy as a Nigerian rather buy as if you were from other countries like the USAetc. You can do that with graphcard. cool cool
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by hazh(m): 10:17pm On Dec 14, 2009
Sorry I beg to disagree with some of the replies of
this post.The Zenith Bnak Websurfer account is,as
far as I am concerned,the best card in Nigeria today.

If you are you experiencing any problem,whatsoever,
just simply write the site and within 3days,your problem
will be solved.I believe that the reason why any site will
reject you,whatsoever,is maybe because they feel the
card is stolen.

Like I said just write them and they will apologise and
and give you what you want.Remember they in for business
and I see no reason why they should reject you.

What I observe and I would beat my hand on my chest
is that most of those guys that are replying this post have
never used the card or maybe they are using it for fraudulent
motives.

This is a card I have used for more than three years now.
And I have never experienced any problem as such.

If I may repeat,if you are using the Zenith Websurfer Card
and you experiencing a difficulty,just simply write the
site and the problem will be rectified wthin days.

To your success.
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by IMguru(m): 2:54am On Dec 23, 2009
thanks a lot.

i've learnt some new ideas which many may not be conversant with.

keep up educative and informative posts
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by jek1471: 4:04pm On Jan 09, 2010
I just got one yesterday and it was activated today but when I checked my balance it read -20 even when I've paid them Dollars in the bank. I have not said the card is not good but I need advice from those who have used it. Is this what you faced? what do I do next? could it be my money has not yet been posted?
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by flyuche(m): 7:22pm On Jan 22, 2010
i have websurfer from zenithbank and a mastercard from GTB. both useless.
Re: Zenith Bank Websurfer Mastercard: How Reliable? by jek1471: 8:47am On Jan 26, 2010
jek1471:

I just got one yesterday and it was activated today but when I checked my balance it read -20 even when I've paid them Dollars in the bank. I have not said the card is not good but I need advice from those who have used it. Is this what you faced? what do I do next? could it be my money has not yet been posted?

I've been able to resolve this. I have used the websurfer card successfully. I join to say that this is a reliable card from Zenith bank and would recommend it to anyone

(1) (2) (Reply)

Business Registration - What It Entails / I Need Good Business Idea I Can Start With 600k / The Best Forex Broker For Scalpers/news Traders?!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.