Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,466 members, 7,781,347 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:56 PM

Jonathan Was Too Busy To Help Deposed Governor Of Ekiti Remain In Power . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Was Too Busy To Help Deposed Governor Of Ekiti Remain In Power . (866 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu To Remain In ThePrison As FG Seeks To Transfer Case To Another Court / We Shifted Election Because Jonathan Was Losing--opc Founder, Fasheun / Deji Of Akure Deposed, Banished and Detained (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Was Too Busy To Help Deposed Governor Of Ekiti Remain In Power . by Gbawe: 12:03pm On Oct 16, 2010
grin grin grin Mr. President has his own worries and 'headaches' . grin grin PDP = Political desperado Party.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/fayemi-declare-%E2%80%9Cnew-era%E2%80%9D-reminiscent-awo%E2%80%99s-period-ekiti-state

[b]Fayemi To Declare a “New Era” Reminiscent Of Awo’s Period in Ekiti State[/b]Posted: October 16, 2010 - 07:20

By SaharaReporters, New York
The candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in the 2007 gubernatorial election in Ekiti State, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, whose electoral victory was proclaimed yesterday by the Federal Court of Appeal sitting in Ilorin, is set to declare a set of measures to inaugurate a what he described as “New Era” of governance in Ekiti State today at his swearing scheduled for 12 in Ado Ekiti.

Sources close to Dr. Fayemi, an expert in war studies and a reknowned pro-democracy activist disclosed to Saharareporters that Fayemi’s inauguration speech will include the announcement of some “critical measures” which will seek a return to the “glorious days of Chief Obafemi Awolowo’s leadership of the Western Region.”

“Dr. Fayemi regards the long battle to re-claim his popular mandate as something similar to the battle fought by the first generation of modern-day politicians in Yorubaland led by Chief Awolowo to create an egalitarian society in the region,” said a source close to Fayemi. “He approaches the unwavering popular support by the people of Ekiti State, the people of Yorubaland, and indeed, democrats all over Nigeria and beyond, as a historic opportunity to re-inaugurate the ideals and ideas that have served Yorubaland well since the days of Awolowo. What you are set to witness in Ekiti is a renaissance that will match the record of that era,” concluded the source.

Our sources further disclosed that some of the measures that will be announced by Fayemi will take immediate effect, while others will be implemented after “a serious and focused consideration of the state of the finances of Ekiti State against the background of what the sacked illegitimate government of Oni has done with the state’s resources”.

Last week Saturday, at the public presentation in Lagos of a special issue of the Journal of Contemporary African Studies on “Nigeria at 50” edited by Drs. Ebenezer Obadare and Wale Adebanwi, Fayemi, who represented the Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), told the audience that “I am sure you know that I am not Babatunde Fashola. But I suspect that the next time I am also performing a function such as this, I will most probably not be representing Fashola, but acting in my own rights as…” Some members of the audience finished the sentence for him: “the Governor of Ekiti State!”

In the last few weeks, the man who was twice the beneficiary of a stolen mandate, Mr. Segun Oni, and his party in the state, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), betrayed desperation in their efforts to thwart the course of justice. However, Oni failed to secure the help of President Goodluck Jonathan to ensure that he was undeservedly handed the victory at the Appeal Court. A source close to the Presidential Villa in Abuja disclosed to Saharareporters that President Jonathan was too busy trying to resist the onslaught of his political detractors and the opposition from the north to pay attention to Oni’s troubles.
Although Jonathan was quick to congratulate Fayemi after his victory yesterday, it is an irony that he (Jonathan) was the PDP hatchet man who engineered the fraud that took place during the election re-run in Ekiti state early 2009.

Sahareporters recently revealed some of the efforts by Oni to ensure that he continued to keep his stolen mandate.

Dr. J. Kayode Fayemi, was formerly a journalist, studied at the University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University) and the Kings College, London, where he obtained a Ph.d. in War Studies. While In the United Kingdom during the military era in the late 1980s and 1990s, he was one of the leading pro-democracy activists who organized against military rule in Nigeria and pressed for the return of democratic governance, particularly the validation of the June 12, 1993 presidential election won by Chief M.K.O. Abiola.

Fayemi was the operational arrowhead of the Radio Freedom Frequency (RFF), later renamed Radio Kudirat International (RKI), which was created by Professor Wole Soyinka-led National Liberation Council of Nigeria (NALICON). Fayemi was the Director of Communications of NALICON.

Radio Kudirat became the vanguard of the propaganda war against the fascist regime of General Sani Abacha. Clueless about how Radio Kudirat was able to broadcast into Nigeria, General Abacha’s controversial spokesman, Wasa Nas, accused the American Embassy in Lagos of hosting the radio station. Unknown to the Abacha regime, the station was broadcasting from a studio in Norway – and later in London. The station radiated at 350 kW, with the signals sent through Integrated System Digital Network (ISDN) to London and from London to South Africa, from where the signals were put on the satellite and then transmitted to the world, particularly Nigeria.

Fayemi returned to Nigeria after the death of General Abacha and later joined the gubernatorial race in Ekiti State in 2006.
Re: Jonathan Was Too Busy To Help Deposed Governor Of Ekiti Remain In Power . by Kobojunkie: 4:18pm On Oct 16, 2010
Where is Akunyili to comment on this?
Re: Jonathan Was Too Busy To Help Deposed Governor Of Ekiti Remain In Power . by Nsiman(m): 4:22pm On Oct 16, 2010
@ gbawe, wetin come bring gej name here, if gej no want rule of law na u go still talk am, na independent judiciary gej want, ok
Re: Jonathan Was Too Busy To Help Deposed Governor Of Ekiti Remain In Power . by Gbawe: 4:39pm On Oct 16, 2010
Nsiman:

@ gbawe, wetin come bring gej name here, if gej no want rule of law na u go still talk am, na independent judiciary gej want, ok

What a Joke . Who "made rule of law famous" if not Yar Adua? who then fooled Nigerians , when he needed their support , into thinking he is commited to an independent Judiciary and the rule of law with actions such as endorsing the judicial ruling bouncing Andy Uba out of Anambra State house? Now tell me if the same President , in typical PDP style, did not eventually go on to become despot-like . Jonathan too is a true-to-type PDP President much like Yar Adua. They are all alike i.e say one thing while doing something totally different. Jonathan was involved in the rigging in Ekiti . If he could have helped Oni retain power he would have . I have absolutely no doubt about that.
Re: Jonathan Was Too Busy To Help Deposed Governor Of Ekiti Remain In Power . by Prince22(m): 4:48pm On Oct 16, 2010
What a great story of Fayemi's return in Ekiti state, hence, GEJ has nothing doing here as one of the poster said
Let allow him to do his best first. Wishing Fayemi good tenure in transforming Ekiti state
Re: Jonathan Was Too Busy To Help Deposed Governor Of Ekiti Remain In Power . by Gbawe: 4:52pm On Oct 16, 2010
Prince22:

What a great story of Fayemi's return in Ekiti state, hence, GEJ has nothing doing here as one of the poster said
Let allow him to do his best first. Wishing Fayemi good tenure in transforming Ekiti state

shocked shocked shocked The same Jonathan that did everything in his power to ensure that Fayemi was denied his  electoral mandate in the first place?
Re: Jonathan Was Too Busy To Help Deposed Governor Of Ekiti Remain In Power . by Ibime(m): 5:07pm On Oct 16, 2010
Thank god he was busy. Segun Oni was a disgrace.
Re: Jonathan Was Too Busy To Help Deposed Governor Of Ekiti Remain In Power . by Gbawe: 6:59pm On Oct 16, 2010
Ibime:

Thank god he was busy. Segun Oni was a disgrace.

Indeed. Same as most of the other PDP Governor.
Re: Jonathan Was Too Busy To Help Deposed Governor Of Ekiti Remain In Power . by cold(m): 7:18pm On Oct 16, 2010
Gbawe:

shocked shocked shocked The same Jonathan that did everything in his power to ensure that Fayemi was denied his  electoral mandate in the first place?
I'm not a big fan of GEJ either but that doesn't warrant misinforming the public.How did Jonathan stand in Fayemi's way,by virtue of just being a PDP member or you have some other cogent information you'd like to share.
Re: Jonathan Was Too Busy To Help Deposed Governor Of Ekiti Remain In Power . by Gbawe: 7:55pm On Oct 16, 2010
cold:

I'm not a big fan of GEJ either but that doesn't warrant misinforming the public[b].How did Jonathan stand in Fayemi's way[/b],by virtue of just being a PDP member or you have some other cogent information you'd like to share.

What I am talking about may make no sense to you but those who followed the events of the disgraceful Ekiti guber election in 2009 understand everything I have said perfectly. We al saw the role Jonathan played in that election at a time when he was just happy to be another PDP bully boy even if fans of Jonathan now want to pretend as if they suffer from amnesia . No man knows everything but the internet has made it possible for all of us to learn about events of the past. Do some research into the Ekiti election to note the shameless conduct of PDP politicians (to include Jonathan) and I am sure you will no longer feel comfortable asking "how did Jonathan stand in Fayemi's way".
Re: Jonathan Was Too Busy To Help Deposed Governor Of Ekiti Remain In Power . by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 16, 2010
[size=18pt]ENOUGH OF THE VICTORY DANCE.

NOW THE QUESTION IS; WHAT CAN FAYEMI DO FOR MY STATE AND WHAT CAN WE DO TO HELP HIM ACHIEVE HIS GOALS?

I HOPE THIS DOESNT TURN INTO ANOTHER BAD GOVERNING, I PRAY TO GOD IT DOESN'T TURN OUT SO!!!!

I'D LOVE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF EKITI STATE; GOD'S OWN STATE smiley
[/size]
Re: Jonathan Was Too Busy To Help Deposed Governor Of Ekiti Remain In Power . by Gbawe: 8:01pm On Oct 16, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

[size=18pt]ENOUGH OF THE VICTORY DANCE.

NOW THE QUESTION IS; WHAT CAN FAYEMI DO FOR MY STATE AND WHAT CAN WE DO TO HELP HIM ACHIEVE HIS GOALS?

I HOPE THIS DOESNT TURN INTO ANOTHER BAD GOVERNING, I PRAY TO GOD IT DOESN'T TURN OUT SO!!!!

I'D LOVE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF EKITI STATE; GOD'S OWN STATE smiley
[/size]

I think Fayemi will move Ekiti forward. He is an intelligent, progressive minded and well-read individual with a good record of fighting for Nigerians in their wish to be rid of oppressive and tyrannical leadership. I think Ekiti is in good hands.
Re: Jonathan Was Too Busy To Help Deposed Governor Of Ekiti Remain In Power . by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 16, 2010
Gbawe:

I think Fayemi will move Ekiti forward. He is an intelligent, progressive minded and well-read individual with a good record of fighting for Nigerians in their wish to be rid of oppressive and tyrannical leadership. I think Ekiti is in good hands.
Thank You!

I pray so. We have suffered under the evil hands of Oni cry cry cry
Re: Jonathan Was Too Busy To Help Deposed Governor Of Ekiti Remain In Power . by LouisThoru(f): 9:24pm On Oct 16, 2010
Idiotic SaharaReporters

What do you want Jonathan to say? To go to ekiti and fight for Oni? silly people.
Re: Jonathan Was Too Busy To Help Deposed Governor Of Ekiti Remain In Power . by folahann(m): 9:46pm On Oct 16, 2010
Now is the time to see a state stand out in Nigeria, Fayemi will indeed drive Ekiti forward. mark my words, he's going to be a very different Governor
Re: Jonathan Was Too Busy To Help Deposed Governor Of Ekiti Remain In Power . by MaiSuya(m): 9:49pm On Oct 16, 2010
From Oshiomole in Edo State to Fayemi in Ekiti state. . .Yes, the signs are looking good.

AWAY WITH PDP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Was Too Busy To Help Deposed Governor Of Ekiti Remain In Power . by DapoBear(m): 11:08am On Oct 18, 2010
To be fair, just because he was against Fayemi in 2006-2007 doesn't mean he is against him now. Jonathan is in a very different situation now than he was then. They both are, to be honest. I certainly don't want Fayemi to turn away any of the resources Jonathan can provide to improve my state, just due to some past beef.

Ultimately, all I care about is the well-being of the Yoruba people and my Ekiti state. If Jonathan furthers this goal, we must make use of him.

(1) (Reply)

People of South Africa support Niger Delta / Nigeria Oil Fund Fears Hit Bond Issue / Mayhem As Jonathan Visits Kwara!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.