Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:42 PM

Where Are The Gre Gurus In The House? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Where Are The Gre Gurus In The House? (1487 Views)

Learn The Gre Word List / How To Achieve High Scores On The GRE / Tips On How To Pass The GRE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Are The Gre Gurus In The House? by chairman6(m): 2:58am On Oct 17, 2010
i'm registering for the gre asap, and i want to register on my own to avoid all these horror stories, scams and dupes out there looking for a maga grin.
The problem is, ets site says nigerians are not allowed to use credit cards, mastercard or any form of online payment, but i hear some bad guys have been doing it without stress. I wnt to know,
1)how is it done
2)is it all banks' mastercards can be used or which ones can be used
3)are there any disadvantages, immediate or remote in using mastercard to register as a nigerian
4)very importantly, do i still need to take Toefl even with my Gre for a masters program(MPH) in the US since Nigeria speaks english as her official language and so my language of instruction for my first degree is english
5)any other helpful info, contacts n emails for further clarifications are highly welcome.

P.S:
This is my 1st post on NL, i registered to see if i could get the specific, explicit answers as i dont seem to have found the direct, specific answers on all the Gre threads anywhere on NL.
Thnks y'all, NLanders remain d best community of nigerians anywhere in the world  grin
Re: Where Are The Gre Gurus In The House? by chairman6(m): 6:13pm On Oct 17, 2010
wow,   no   answers   yet   sad   pls   help   needed   asap,   heeeeeeeelllllllllllllppppp!!!
Re: Where Are The Gre Gurus In The House? by SEFAGO(m): 6:37pm On Oct 17, 2010
Re: Where Are The Gre Gurus In The House? by chairman6(m): 11:38pm On Oct 17, 2010
Sefago,   thanks   for   your   response,  i've   been   to   the   thread,   but   there's   no   direct   answer   to   my   questions   on   the   page   it   links   to,   and   sifting  through   22   pages   of   loooong   text   to   find   the   answers   is  a  bit   hectic,  given  my  work   schedule,   reading   for  the  exam   itself,   and  the  short   time  i  have   (i  intend  writing it  next  week  Thursday).  I'd  really appreciate  it  if  i  could  get  simple,   short  and specific  answers to enable me register asap (tomorrow   or next) so i can be sure  of  a slot for the day, and also know if i should   register for Toefl as well.
Thanks again smiley
Re: Where Are The Gre Gurus In The House? by SEFAGO(m): 2:01am On Oct 18, 2010
i'm registering for the gre asap, and i want to register on my own to avoid all these horror stories, scams and dupes out there looking for a maga Grin.
The problem is, ets site says nigerians are not allowed to use credit cards, mastercard or any form of online payment, but i hear some bad guys have been doing it without stress. I wnt to know,

Its likely that these bad guys are not testing in Nigeria. They might be registering in Ghana. The ETS system is set up to make sure than no one requesting a Nigerian test center will be able to use a credit card.

the TOEFL depends on teh school u are applying to. I think lots of universities might need it actually and are very strict on the requirement. I cannot answer most of your questions but why dont you try and pay with money/case?
Re: Where Are The Gre Gurus In The House? by chairman6(m): 5:05pm On Oct 18, 2010
^^ The other registration options are not at all sexy. The phone number given for phone registration hardly ever goes through and when it does, its so marred by interference you can hardly hear a thing. Fax will take a minimum of 2 weeks and mail, hmmm, don't even go there, at least 1month+x with all the wahala, Anyway i called someone today and he told me its possible so i think i'll just go ahead and give it a try. As for Toefl,  i think i'll just register for it too, more money but i might as well just do it and get it over with. Thanks for your response, korrekt man.
Re: Where Are The Gre Gurus In The House? by pacodas: 10:02am On Oct 19, 2010
You can try using Western union option I think its better. Check more on GRE registration @ http://www.skoola.com/lecturepage.php?id=1240&cid=57

(1) (Reply)

Esut Post-utme/de Result Out. / Unilag Releases 2011/2012 Foundation Admission List / Top 10 Nigerian Universities With The Fastest Academic Calendar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.