Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar - Religion (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar (258775 Views)

Pics From Eckankar 2014 December Regional Seminar. / ‪What Is Eckankar? Is It A Cult, A Religion, Part Of The Occult? / The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 4:03pm On Aug 06, 2014
We don't learn and grow if everything is always smooth and pretty and nice. Sometimes you have to get the other experiences in life. It's necessary, like salt and pepper on your food. It adds spice to life.
. If we have the capacity for love - which is all that this life is about - life gives us more experience.
. It doesn't matter what religion you're in, some people have healings and others don't. Some people in ECK have healings, others don't. Sometimes it's not the fault of the particular Soul, the individual. It can be a necessary life experience.

The Secret of Love
Sri Harold Klemp
The Mahanta the Living ECK Master

2 Likes

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Olasuposaheed(m): 8:52pm On Aug 07, 2014
I am not an ECKIST but one day I sang HU b4 I slept. In my dream I saw one old man he ask me to sing HU but I didn't. Pls what can you say to this
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 1:15pm On Aug 08, 2014
@Ola
. HU is the Holy name of God. When sung out It becomes a love song to God. As you sing HU It opens your heart to love, It expands your awareness in the outer life (physical) and inner life (e.g dreams). HU is not for ECKist, does not belong to any religion, and should be or can be sung by all.
. The old man was a channel used by the ECK ( Holy Spirit) to get to you. If you don't feel comfortable singing HU, you can sing other Holy names like Jesus, Buddha or Allah.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 1:31pm On Aug 08, 2014
The Prince must be above these secret laws of this world. These laws are very subtle for they seek out the weakness in every man so as to destroy him.
. That individual who is greedy for riches is allowed to amass them; then possession of those riches becomes the sword that strike him down. With millions at his command, he is often placed in a position where no sum of money can help him. A man, thus, must face his own weakness and conquer it or be conquered by it. If the latter, then he has been found wanting. Those who are not defeated rise from the depths to soar again, to rebuild life anew, and here they have the help of the Sugmad.
. One of Newton's laws of motion in physics states that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. For every flow of energy there is, and must be, a counterflow. This is what we call cause and effect.

Sri Paul Twitchell
The Flute of God

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 7:26pm On Aug 09, 2014
A Seed for Contemplation

Before you can improve your life and find a measure of happiness, you must learn to do one thing every day out of pure love. That means, don’t expect anything in return—neither thanks nor happiness. Pick that occasion carefully. Then, whatever that one act of giving of yourself to someone else is, do it with all your heart.

—Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 9:29am On Aug 10, 2014
That man goes through a purification before coming into his own Godhead is well known to all. In the beginning he was pure. As Soul, he came into this world without excess baggage, but then he created a lower mind. When he ceased to monitor it, it began to outcreate him, and this became his downfall.
. Psychology calls it the subconscious mind, and Christianity says it is the devil. All religions and philosophies have a name for this part of man that began to outcreate Soul upon its arrival in this universe.
. This part of man which began to outcreate Soul in the beginning still does so today. Until he is aware of this and looks to Soul as the prime creator, man will always lean upon something else to do for him and will be its effect.
. One must set out to break the fixed desires of his own nature. These desires have been established in the subconscious mind over a period of many incarnations. They retard one's growth and progress toward becoming a Master. You must first find the nature of their origin and proceed from there.

Sri Paul Twitchell
The Flute of God

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 9:48am On Aug 10, 2014
Of course, it is unwise for one to tamper with his own subconscious mind without first having knowledge of its nature. Mind makes for the complexity of man. The individual personality is a composite of expressed desires. We will discover there really is no way of getting rid of any of our desires made in the past, whether they are considered good or bad, but once the individual recognizes their meaning, he can begin to modify and take control of them, instead of having them control him.
. Life is not built on mistakes; success in life comes from being able to recognize that one has committed an error and subsequently accepting the responsibility for rectifying it. The sure way to fail is contained in the fear of failure.

Sri Paul Twitchell
The Flute of God

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 1:18pm On Aug 11, 2014
Instead of talking about everything we know, sometimes it pays to just listen. Listen to the people around you. Because, after all, if someone's telling you something that is spiritual and positive, this is from the Voice of God.
. Things that are negative and destructive to you are from the negative side. Do not do them - no matter how spiritual the person is who says do it.
. We're told in some of our human scriptures that God's love is basically an indefinable thing. It's a feeling, more or less. But we in ECK say that you can see it and you can hear it.
. And when this divine love comes into you, it will change you. It changes your state of consciousness. Degree by degree, it makes you a new person. A lot of times you wonder what's going on, what's happening. You have no idea. Then one day, you come across the teachings of ECK , and you say, "Oh, this makes sense."

The Secret of Love
Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 11:10am On Aug 13, 2014
Those of you who have moved through several different levels of spiritual consciousness have found that your life can get rough at times. Why? Not because somebody in the dark alleys is shooting arrows at you, it's because you're meeting yourself. And this is truth. Truth means meeting yourself.
. It's one of the paradoxes of truth. So many people claim to have truth. So many people claim to know it. But they can't agree with each other about what truth is. And they're ready to fight to death to have their view of truth prevail.
. This is wrong. Because if you have truth, you realize that another person has truth too, at his or her own level. There's no reason to fight about it.

The Secret of Love
Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 10:03am On Aug 14, 2014
One of the wrong ideas that people have before coming to ECK is, I have a soul," Who is this I speaking? The I that's speaking is you, That is Soul. Whenever you say, I have a soul," wrong thinking comes in. You cannot possess or own Soul. Soul in Its natural, high state is free. Who's this human being saying, "I have a soul?"
. At death the human body decays. Soul - the real part - lives forever.
. It's funny. People without the knowledge of Divine Spirit put this peculiar twist on the nature of soul. In their mortal bodies they say, "I have a soul." But they're speaking as immortal Soul without knowing it.
. The mortal part of them says, "I have a soul." The mortal part like to possess, to own. The immortal part - Soul - does not like to possess or own. It simply wants to bathe in the love and mercy of God. Soul is content to do that and to serve God out of gratitude and thankfulness. That's why the theme of this seminar is"The Grateful Heart."

The Secret of Love
Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 3:59pm On Aug 16, 2014
There is a story of the man who found himself at night slipping down the side of a precipice. He caught a branch, which stopped his fall, and remained clinging to it in misery for hours. Finally his fingers lost their hold, and with death in mind,he let himself drop. He fell just six inches. If he had given up the struggle earlier, his agony would have been spared. As the Earth received him, so will the ECK power receive us if we release absolute faith to It and give up the subconscious habit of relying on personal strength, with its precautions that cannot shelter and safeguard that which it never saves.
. Man does not live by bread alone. He lives also upon the Spirit life. He is a conscious being and has to know himself to live in God Consciousness. Man as a conscious entity expresses himself through mind and the physical body. Unless his consciousness is liberated from the bondage of mind and matter, he cannot have knowledge of self and of God. If his mind is turned to the physical body and its needs, he becomes earthly. The inevitable results are jealousy and strifes. But if his mind is directed toward Soul, it becomes spiritual and the result is love and peace.

Sri Paul Twitchell
The Flute of God
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 4:25pm On Aug 16, 2014
All ECK Masters turn man's attention to the purification of the heart. If we want to change the outside, we should change our hearts first, because out of the abundance of heart a man speaks. Purity in thought, word, and deed is what is required. Consider then how to conquer the mind and purify the heart. Man is composed of body, mind, and Soul. We have to develop all around. But unknowingly, the mind and body depend on Soul, of which the world knows very little or nothing. "For what shall it profit a man, if he gains the possession of the whole world and loses his Soul?"
. All Masters of earlier days exhorted us to know ourselves. To know ourselves we have to rise above the body consciousness by practical self-analysis. Intellectual people fail badly where the practical side is concerned. To be born anew is to rise above the body consciousness by practical self-analysis in order to enable one to know himself and the Sugmad, which is another name for God. Gopal Das says the same thing: "Learn to die a hundred times daily, not once." We must know how to rise above the body consciousness so as to know who we are and what we are. Intellectually we know much about it, but practically, we know little or nothing. It is a matter of rising above the body consciousness and opening the eye of Soul. Then we see the Light of God, that which we have forgotten from past incarnations.
. We have forgotten our mastership of life. Can we rise above the body consciousness? Can we leave the body and then return to it? These are teachings given by almost all the Masters of the ages, whether they come in one country or another. To achieve this, man must lead an ethical life. This is a stepping-stone to spirituality. Jesus said, "Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God." Rebazar Tarzs said, "Be pure so that truth may be known."

Sri Paul Twitchell
The Flute of God
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 6:35pm On Aug 17, 2014
One of the benefits and strengths of Eckankar is that it constantly keeps up with the changing consciousness of people today. In other words, you cannot have old scriptures as your sole message to people.
. What people could understand and accept in medieval times is entirely primitive if you compare it to what people can understand and accept today. Those were the Dark Ages. People's understanding about life and God was entirely different from today.
. The teachings of ECK have to stay in tune - stay in step - with the consciousness of the people if the teachings are to be effective. And the ECK teachings do this. So that whatever we are releasing today is what people today can accept and understand. In five, ten, fifteen, or twenty years, the teachings will be different. They will be broader. Each time, truth takes another step and broadens.

The Secret of Love
Sri Harold Klemp

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 11:14am On Aug 20, 2014
It is seldom that an obstacle has anything to do with a goal or desire, but tension does. Tension is almost always the cause of delay. Whenever one feels tense, desperately anxious about something, his contact with the God power is lessened, for tension fastens the consciousness on the plane of illusion, instead of on the plane of what is possible. One is apt to be visualizing the lack of what is desired, rather than what is desired.
. I found when adopting a certain attitude that I made contact with this power. It was an attitude of curious, childlike devotion to the great Spirit and if held for an unusual length of time, contact would manifest. I would become the operator of the Spirit power.
. Now briefly, so many people want this childlike state but the urgency of their physical needs causes tension and fear thus closing the channel between themselves and the Spirit. Anxiety and fear are tense emotions, fastening the person rigidly into the emotional plane of consciousness so that he cannot reach the spiritual plane where things come true.
. Once you realize the importance of you, Soul, and your value to ECK, as a distributor of the Divine, you will relax. You will no longer want to grasp things before others can have them, nor to influence the will of others so that they favor you. Instead, you turn to this Spirit and merge with it, merge with all the forces as well as the ECK in others. Anyone who recognizes his own self, as Soul, relaxes at once, for he can truly say, "I and the Father are one."
. In this relaxed way, all channels from within are opened. Without causing injustice to anyone, the Spirit of you reaches out in Spirit, touching the Spirit of those who are concerned in the fulfilling of your needs, and increases your ability for helping others.
. It is not as hard as one thinks!

Sri Paul Twitchell
The Flute of God
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 6:02pm On Aug 23, 2014
The basic principle in this study of purification is learning relaxation from all tension. This I have discussed before, and I will continue to come back to the subject.
. The great law of the universe is "Love one another." Every teacher has told us this. Why? Simply because when we love others, our heart and consciousness are relaxed, and our attention is taken off the self. What happens then? We relax when we forget ourselves. That is natural and universally recognized result. A tense person is wrapped up in himself or his immediate family - what he is feeling and thinking, what has happened to him in the past or what will happen to him in the future or what other people are thinking of him. But if that person can be persuaded to forget himself, he relaxes immediately. Now what does tenseness do to one? It grips; it causes a stranglehold to be put on the channels within; it cuts off supply. God and love of others is cut off. Watch a tense person and see the rigid muscles, the tight grip, the jerky movements, the deep lines of the facial muscles. It is useless for such a person to relax physically while centering the mind on the self, for he will still be tense mentally. The stranglehold will be there every minute, day and night.
. Signs of such tenseness are evident in most of us. Those who seek God and fail often feel that it is not their own fault, that the approach is wrong. There is a feeling of injustice, of having to struggle for something that should be given freely because of one's good work and great need. However, one who is in this position is not looking very closely at himself. There is a focal point for this delay; a cause for the delay in reaching God. When one loves another as himself, his attention is focused outward. He is therefore relaxed. There is no stranglehold within. Then he becomes a channel for the power and often demonstrates his conscious union with God. Yet when he asks for something for himself, his attention is focused inwardly. He instantly becomes tense and feels that it is a great struggle to get that which he desires.

Sri Paul Twitchell
The Flute of God
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 6:21pm On Aug 23, 2014
One must relax utterly, then the divine ECK power flows through.
. The Prince knowing that he is to inherit his father's Kingdom does not fasten his attention upon himself, causing tension, but yields his whole consciousness to his father's affairs.
. The prince knows that the fact of the sun's ray upon the earth is proof of existence of the sun. So is the fact of his life here a proof of the existence of the All-Life. The ray of sunshine is not the sun but a projection of its substance. It is sustained by the sun itself. This, the Prince knows, is true of himself, for he is a projection of the substance of God and is sustained by God.
. Then he is purified. He is ready to yield his whole consciousness to God and to ask God to fulfill his needs. Yet these needs do not fasten his attention on himself and cause tenseness. They seem outside himself, as though they were the needs of another person, while he, himself, is one with the very universe itself, since he is a part of God.

Sri Paul Twitchell
The Flute of God
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 1:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
Soul is that which is the consciousness, the entity, the beingness which is aware of Itself. It is very easy for Soul to confuse this awareness of being aware with the illusive and dreamlike mental processes and physical movements of daily living. When this loss of being aware is complete, the person's fondest belief is that he is a body.
. It is possible to know yourself and rise above this body and mind consciousness. You are not the body, nor the mind, nor the faculties of sensation, but Soul Itself. Unless you know that you are the Prince and know what your relationship with God and all creation is, you cannot be at peace and inherit the Throne of the Father. So as it is said by one of the great saints, "Instead of preaching to others, we should start preaching to ourselves.

Sri Paul Twitchell
The Flute of God
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 1:35pm On Aug 25, 2014
We should love God, and as God resides in all hearts, we should learn to love all humanity and all creation that exists. If we do, all will go well. The true spiritual man looks to the God present in all hearts. He works from that level. The more persons there are like this in the world, the greater will be the spiritual environment and love for one another.

Sri Paul Twitchell
The Flute of God
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 6:32pm On Aug 25, 2014
All things are passing; only God is changeless. We are journeying in the same direction, only we travel by different paths.

Sri Lai Tsi
Way of the
ETERNAL
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 6:46pm On Aug 25, 2014
Show me Thy ways, O SUGMAD;
Teach me Thy path.
Lead me in Thy truth, and teach me;
On Thee do I wait all day.
Remember, O Beloved, Thy guiding light
and Thy loving care.
For it has been ever Thy will,
To lead the least of Thy servants to Thee !

Should anyone be in distress or need to reach God, use this contemplation; repeat it slowly and it certainly brings results.

Sri Lai Tsi
Way of the
ETERNAL
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 6:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
The word Sugmad is pronounced as Sugmud.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 11:52am On Aug 26, 2014
We know the butterfly breaks its way out of its cocoon, makes itself a passage, and wings its way into space - thus conquering air, light, and liberty. So it is with Soul.
. It is by persistence and making use of the Spiritual Exercises of ECK, anywhere - in the home, in the desert, in the jungle and forest - that the ECK students prepare themselves for the lofty heights of heaven. If there is one thing I can leave with you, it is this:
. If you work, if you study, if you love, if you contemplate, and if you do any of these things for the Love of Truth or the Love of God, then, whether you know it or not, you are already practicing the works of ECK.

Sri Lai Tsi
Way of the ETERNAL
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 4:29pm On Aug 27, 2014
It is now, in the Golden Age of Liberation, that the ECK can become known to all persons. It is only Now that it can be put into the written word because there is less opportunity of being persecuted.
. It is only Now that man, as a mass, has collectively been lifted high enough to have a grasp and understanding of the ECK.

Sri Harold Klemp
The way of the ETERNAL
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 11:49am On Aug 29, 2014
Front of the Line

Visualize yourself where you are right now, then chant HU and imagine yourself where you want to be. Do this spiritual exercise for a few minutes, putting all your attention on it. Then relax and release the situation to the Holy Spirit, the ECK.

A man in Africa used this technique when the clinic where he brought his very ill son was completely full. After four hours of waiting, he began to wonder if he'd ever get to see the doctor. His son was getting worse by the hour.

When he tried this technique, he saw himself walking with his son to the front of the long line to see the doctor. He even imagined going through the doors into the room where the doctor treated his patients.

Not long after the man began the exercise, a new doctor came into the waiting room from outside. He saw the ECKist's son lying on the sofa. The boy had just begun to sweat heavily.

Walking over to the boy, the doctor asked, "Whose son is this?" "He's my son," said the ECKist. "I'll see him right away," said the doctor. "He may be very sick."

When you do this technique with purity in your heart and release the outcome of the situation to the ECK, you can bring about great changes in your life.

—Sri Harold Klemp
The Spiritual Exercises of ECK
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 9:38pm On Aug 29, 2014
Soul Travel. It gives you such a glimpse of truth - not just as a piece of knowledge out there - but as a living, breathing part of you, so that you know something as truth.
. Ironically, it also dashes your old expectations and beliefs to the ground. Often you find out that life is more beautiful and fuller than you had ever expected it to be. And God's creation is more wondrous.
. Once you come to this realization, through Soul Travel or any other experience, you have a greater appreciation and respect for life and everything that's in it.

The Secret of Love
Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 9:06pm On Aug 30, 2014
People who are very set in their state of consciousness - they have their mind made up about a lot of things - are the least likely to hear when God speaks.

How to Survive Spiritually in Our Times
Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Olasuposaheed(m): 4:08pm On Aug 31, 2014
Obi901: People who are very set in their state of consciousness - they have their mind made up about a lot of things - are the least likely to hear when God speaks.

How to Survive Spiritually in Our Times
Sri Harold Klemp
pls explain this text
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 12:40pm On Sep 01, 2014
The call of God to the individual to serve is not always for the same purpose in life, such as serving directly through work in a monastery or other sacred place, but often in the ways of a Career or Motherhood.
. Those who follow the ECK have to live this life in and for the world.
. Life is for Living.
. And it is important that we become active through active participation in life.

The way of the ETERNAL
Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2014
@Ola
The Master is saying we should have an open heart and be Flexible. We must listen to the inner voice, the ECK for guidance in everything we do. Never assume you know, that is why it is said to enter the kingdom of God we must be childlike. Children have no preconceived notions about anything. There hearts are open. when we are not Set and our minds are not made up about anything, we become a clear channel for Spirit. This is just my side of it. If you Contemplate on these words you'll have better understanding that'll suit your state of consciousness. Thanks
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2014
Here on this Earth we are like prodigal sons sent forth from our Father's House. We have forgotten who we are, what we are, and who and what our Father is. We have wandered along the byways and lost our way; we have fallen and hurt ourselves, damaging the lamp of intuition so that we no longer know why we are here. We have forgotten that God's blessings are always flowing, that we can contact them by becoming one with the same substance as the blessings. Oil and water do not mix. Neither do divine blessings and materiality of thought. We must become godlike in desire, for the more we desire of God, the more of God is given to us.
. The truth is that the crowd neither wants nor seeks truth, and the leaders of the crowd, in their own interests, try to strengthen the mass fear and dislike of everything new and unknown. The slavery in which mankind lives is primarily based on this fear of the unknown, this resistance to change, even when it is obvious that the new is good.

Flute of God
Sri Paul Twitchell
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 2:05pm On Sep 02, 2014
There is no mystery about truth, but the acquisition and transmission of true knowledge demands both great labor and great effort of him who receives.
. Those who want truth must make the initial effort to find the source of knowledge and to approach it, taking advantage of the help and indications which are given to all, but which people as a rule do not want to see or recognize. Knowledge cannot come to you without effort on your part.
. Strangely, most persons feel that truth can be given them without much effort. However, this is a wrong attitude for great knowledge is not easy to gather to one's self. For example, it takes five to ten years to grasp the principles of medicine, and often the same or longer for the study of painting, writing or music.
. Many times an individual's independent effort will attain him nothing. It is usually gained through those who already possess it. One should learn from those who know.

Flute of God
Sri Paul Twitchell
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 12:54pm On Sep 03, 2014
Sri Towart Managi

. When loneliness strikes the heart, it is a sign that Soul is being brought to yet another test and crossroad of life. The question arises: Will the individual drop the state of consciousness that is causing the loneliness, brought by the divine ECK, allowing Its loving hand to caress the heart; or will he seek refuge and comfort from the ruthlessness of Spirit through the material worlds?"
. "You see, the ECK's only purpose is to bring the individual back to his home, in SUGMAD. The way of the ECK is pure love; and by following the ECK , one takes on Its characteristics of love, until one becomes wholly love, the ECK Itself. But being fluid, like water, one cannot hold the ECK in a tightened fist, as one does when holding onto things material. The hand must be cupped to accept the flow.

In the company of ECK MASTERS
Phil Morimitsu

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (168) (Reply)

A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them. / Testimony Of A Former Devil Worshiper - Nonkoliso Ngeleka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.