Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar - Religion (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar (258963 Views)

Pics From Eckankar 2014 December Regional Seminar. / ‪What Is Eckankar? Is It A Cult, A Religion, Part Of The Occult? / The Eckankar Cult In Nigeria (Africa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 10:42am On Sep 30, 2014
I often end my talks with the ancient blessings of the Vairagi, which is an expression of God's love. The ECK Masters are the Vairagi, the Detached Ones, willing to be vehicles for God's love without caring about the outcome. They don't worry if they did it right or wrong; they just simply do it in the name of Spirit. They don't worry if they could have done something better or worse. They just let it be.
. The blessing of the Vairagi Masters is always with you. It is very simple: May the blessings be. God's love to you.

How To Survive Spiritually In Our Times
Sri Harold Klemp
The Mahanta the Living ECK Master
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 11:33am On Oct 01, 2014
The Easy Way

Just before going to bed at night concentrate your attention on the Spiritual Eye, that place between the eyebrows. Chant HU or God inwardly and silently.

Hold your attention on a black screen in the inner vision, and keep it free of any pictures if at all possible. If you need a substitute for mental pictures flashing up unwantedly, put the image of the Living ECK Master in place of them.

After a few minutes of this, you may hear a faint clicking sound in one ear or the sound of a cork popping. You will suddenly find yourself outside the physical body, looking back at it in the room. Now you are ready for a short journey in the other worlds.

There is nothing to fear, for no harm can come to you while outside the body. Although you may not know it, the Mahanta will be standing by to keep watch over your progress. After a while the Soul body will return and slide gently into the physical self with hardly more than a very light jolt.

If this is not successful the first time, try it again, for the technique works. It has worked for others.

—Sri Harold Klemp
The Spiritual Exercises of ECK
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 11:44am On Oct 02, 2014
For example, the Law of Reverse Effort is simply that the harder a person struggles to achieve some goal, the more difficult he will have to overcome; difficulty caused, at least in part, by the strain of his effort. "You try too hard; relax, take it easy, and try again," is an expression we hear so much in the Western world. We must make the mind one-pointed, as the Eastern adepts say, but nothing mental should be strained. We should never try to force results. We should stick to our task and finish out the race, but never knock ourselves out doing it.
. If we were riding a bicycle along a road filled with holes, trying to miss all the ruts, it is a certainty that we would hit almost every one. If we try to walk across a plank between two points, only two feet above the ground, it would be an easy feat. But if we put the plank between two windows on the fifteenth floor of two adjoining buildings and try walking it, we would find it extremely difficult to accomplish the task without falling. We would be so Conscious of falling, of failing to reach the far side, that we might not make it. This is the Law of Reverse Effort.
. This is exactly how man fails in Soul movement. He is working with mind in trying to get out of the body, and mind, which is influenced by one or all of the perversions, will keep informing him that he cannot get out of body. The harder he tries, the more firmly will Soul and body stick together, and he will fail in trying to resist the commands of mind.

ECKANKAR The Key to Secret worlds
Sri Paul Twitchell
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 11:59am On Oct 02, 2014
Anyone who has found the ability to move into the spiritual worlds does not need what this physical plane has to offer.
. Desire is a need, and to need means that we are in the grasp of Maya, the illusionary force of the lower worlds. To need is to be dominated. This is the way of the negative power as it operates in the lower planes under the guise of mind, and this is the reason why so many are led astray and end end their lives here while still seeking, unhappy that nothing of God has come into existence.
. This makes the teachings of Eckankar meaningful to those who are caught up in the depths and imprisonment of old mental concepts, orthodox viewpoints, and intellectual barriers. If a state of free thinking and freedom of motion and viewpoint is to be obtained, there must be established some method for getting out of the body and making contact with the spiritual travelers.

ECKANKAR The Key to Secret worlds
Sri Paul Twitchell
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 9:55am On Oct 04, 2014
Divine Spirit has a way of doing exactly what is right for everyone concerned at the moment.

Harold Klemp
The Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 3:53pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sri Yount-Na

. The sounds you heard were replications of the sounds on the inner planes one might hear in his contemplation of the Great SUGMAD and ITS messenger the ECK. I learned long ago, when I first arrived after my training, that the priests would not tolerate any direct method of attaining freedom. Those who were mildly interested were too immersed in the dogmatic rituals established by the priests. They were too blind to understand the significance of the Sound Current. They wanted only to hear that which would suit their material needs, to make them feel that no matter how they were living, God was catering to them, and that they were doing God's bidding by acting in their own best interest. Who is man to dictate what is right or wrong to the ECK and SUGMAD? The ways of truth are hard won and only learned through a pure and willing heart. Only the strongest, those who are willing to give up all the attitudes they hold dear, will be worthy to allow truth into their lives.

. In the Company of ECK Masters
. Phil Morimitsu
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 7:34am On Oct 05, 2014
The Word, the Voice of the Sugmad , goes forth like a wave from the center of a pond and sings its way through all the planes in many different songs and melodies. Each is the living Word , creating and giving life to everything in each world. By its very life - this ECK , the essence of the Sugmad , the Spirit of all things - life exists.

The Shariyat - Ki- Sugmad
Vol 1
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 12:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
whatever you are going through today is training for tomorrow . you need today to reach tomorrow.

Harold Klemp
Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 8:50am On Oct 08, 2014
The Holy Spirit is the creative power of Light and Sound. This is the Voice of God, and Soul was made from the Light and Sound. In other words, the creative power is in each human being. Therefore each human being has the inborn ability to take charge of his or her own life and not dwell in the victim consciousness that is popular in some circles today.
. You have to face yourself and realize that the problems you have today are of your own making. And then deal with it.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 9:37am On Oct 09, 2014
Light and Sound, just like the rain and wind, come to everyone equally and alike. But some people benefit more than others.
. It's up to your state of consciousness. And your state of consciousness depends upon whether or not you care enough to open yourself to this inner guidance of Divine Spirit so that you have some of the experience that are necessary to break through this hard human shell. Unless you do, you cannot rise into the higher states of awareness.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 11:29am On Oct 10, 2014
Sometimes we wonder, Why would I want to go into a higher state of awareness?
. I say,"Would you like to be a baby again? In a crib, helpless, waiting for people to feed you? If you have the full knowingness that you do now, would you like to go backward and have the limitations of a baby's body? Totally dependent on the goodwill of those around you, and sometimes unfortunate enough not to have that goodwill?"
. Maybe you can't stand the thought of going back to a helpless state,a precursor to where you are today. Let's say someday you reach Mastership, and you look back at today and also see it as the state of an adult trapped in a baby's body. It seems impossible to run the track of time forward and see what it would be like from a Master's state of consciousness, see what your life is like today.

Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 9:33am On Oct 11, 2014
Sri Rebazar Tarzs
. We find that humility is the ability to see the divineness in each person, before it manifest outwardly, no matter who they are. For is not each being and creature a spark of the Divine SUGMAD? And as we learn from each man, were share the open heart, and love. Thus love and humility go together.

In THE COMPANY OF ECK MASTERS
Phil Morimitsu
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 5:00pm On Oct 11, 2014
Around the Room

This spiritual exercise uses the imaginative body.

Take a seat in a chair. Make yourself comfortable. Then say, "I shall go for a short walk in the Soul body." Close your eyes, and look into the Spiritual Eye in a soft, sweet, gentle way. Sing HU for a minute or two, and then imagine yourself getting up.

If I were doing this contemplation, I would say, "I will get out of the chair in the Soul body and walk in front of the table. I will become very interested in the things around me, such as the color of the tablecloth, the flowers, and the vase.

"While the physical body is still in contemplation with its eyes shut, I will walk in the imaginative body to look at the curtains. I will touch the curtains and notice how nice this beautiful yellow cloth feels."

Become curious, and decide to see what's beneath the curtain. Observe the floor beneath the curtain, and pay very close attention to every little detail.

Now go over to the door, and turn the knob. Notice what the doorknob looks like. Before you open the door, say, "On the other side I'm going to see the Inner Master." Then open the door. Sure enough, he's there, and he says, "Are you ready to go yet? Let's take a walk outside."

You and Wah Z take a walk and look at the sights along the way. Strike up a conversation with Wah Z. Don't bring up heavy spiritual subjects yet; just talk about something ordinary.

Whenever you're ready to return, say, "Wah Z, why don't we go back to my room now? I'd like to see myself sitting in the chair." Walk back to your room. Throughout this experience, try to remember to sing HU or your secret word every so often.

Open your door, walk into the room, look over at your body, and say, "I'll see you later, Wah Z. I'd better sit down in the chair and get myself together again."

Then end the spiritual exercise by returning to your chair and opening your eyes.

As you practice this, Soul is becoming used to going beyond the physical body. At first it's only imagination, but the practice of this spiritual exercise will strengthen the experience. One day you will find yourself in a higher state of consciousness exactly as you had seen yourself in your imagination.

—Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 4:07pm On Oct 13, 2014
when the blessings of Spirit are given to us without struggle , we don't recognize the treasure that is in our hands.

Harold Klemp
Language of Soul
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Boss13: 4:24pm On Oct 13, 2014
benodic:

when the blessings of Spirit are given to us without struggle , we don't recognize the treasure that is in our hands.

Harold Klemp
Language of Soul

Benodic good to see you back. What is the Eckist position on tithe?
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 8:51pm On Oct 13, 2014
@ Boss

Benodic good to see you back.

surprised. i have always been around. just been in the background.

What is the Eckist position on tithe?

In ECKANKAR, tithing is not done. when any project is to be done, voluntary donations are made by members and there is no compulsion to it and individuals are free to donate or not to donate and to donate any amount they can. donations are not fixed or determined by income as is done in Churches that require members to pay 10% of their income as tithe.

one of the reasons why we are on earth is to learn how to give without expectation of reward. so ECKists do not need to be reminded about the importance of giving, for them to give from their heart. any art of giving that is done by coercion or compulsion and not from the heart has already defeated its purpose. the purpose of course is to bring us closer to the nature of God which is eternal giving of its love to all its creation.

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by PastorKun(m): 6:03am On Oct 14, 2014
benodic:

@ Boss

surprised. i have always been around. just been in the background.

In ECKANKAR, tithing is not done. when any project is to be done, voluntary donations are made by members and there is no compulsion to it and individuals are free to donate or not to donate and to donate any amount they can. donations are not fixed or determined by income as is done in Churches that require members to pay 10% of their income as tithe.

one of the reasons why we are on earth is to learn how to give without expectation of reward. so ECKists do not need to be reminded about the importance of giving, for them to give from their heart. any art of giving that is done by coercion or compulsion and not from the heart has already defeated its purpose. the purpose of course is to bring us closer to the nature of God which is eternal giving of its love to all its creation.

I am sure that you are aware that in true christianity as well, tithing is not required. Tithing preached in churches today is as a result of subversion of scriptures by greedy individuals knowingly and unknowingly.

True christian giving is based on love and we give without expectation of reward.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 12:17pm On Oct 14, 2014
@ pastorkun

i am very much aware of true christian giving as depicted in the bible.
but of course man will always be man , always ready to twist scriptures to serve their own selfish purpose.

but don't let it bother you as God have placed laws in place to take care of such acts . whatever a man soweth that he shall reap.

1 Like

Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Boss13: 3:16pm On Oct 14, 2014
benodic:

@ pastorkun

i am very much aware of true christian giving as depicted in the bible.
but of course man will always be man , always ready to twist scriptures to serve their own selfish purpose.

but don't let it bother you as God have placed laws in place to take care of such acts . whatever a man soweth that he shall reap.

When will they reap all this. The wickedness in the world is just enormous
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 1:16pm On Oct 15, 2014
@ boss 13

When will they reap all this. The wickedness in the world is just enormous

the mill of God grinds slowly but surely. the fact that those who are commiting evil seems to be having a good time should not deceive you at all.

the Lords of Karma are not in a hurry. at the right time, when the payment is due, they will simple heap all the debts back on the persons head and the person now finds himself running helter skelter and will not know what is happening to him and will even blame the devil.

what should bother you more is your own relationship with God and how well you are doing with learning your spiritual lessons.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 1:23pm On Oct 15, 2014
Sri Harold Klemp
This will also bear out the importance of having a teacher who is living in the flesh. Once Jesus was gone from earth, he was unable to keep his message clear. Eventually, his followers lapsed into rituals instead of the randomly needed for spiritual consciousness. They could have their teacher, present in the Light body, as you do me. But this can only work as long as the teacher resides in the physical. Otherwise, if the teacher is gone, the physical -plane connection is broken and the student cannot verify the reality of the teachings from the Light body of the master. This is where psychic interpretation enters. The student believes he is contacting his master gone from the flesh, which he may very well be doing-but often the student is fabricating an Astral trait of himself. Without the ever upward prodding of the Living ECK Master, the student runs into introversion,a stoppage of unfoldment, seldom rising above the astral illusion he has of his master. The Living ECK Master is needed to give and verify the inner relationship that deepens and leads the student to the very heart of SUGMAD.

In The COMPANY Of ECK MASTERS
Phil Morimitsu
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 2:15pm On Oct 16, 2014
Divine truth is one and unchanging. Desire truth and you will then find the inner meaning unfolding. Everything has its origin in Spirit. One decides to invent a machine. He first creates it in thought, believing in its power to do a certain work. Then he takes the necessary steps to bring it into visible being. We ask and believe and give something mental existence. The necessary step are unfolded from within to bring it into visible being. So you see,a Master states divine truth, when he says we must ask and believe, to have. Unless we first give a thing mental existence it can never have physical existence.
. Do not be in too much of a hurry for it may take time.
. Yaubl Sacabi, the great ECK Master, says: "There are three basic truths. They are: One-We are the offspring and heirs of God. Therefore we inherit the power to mold the God power by the thoughts we think. Two-What we think, if held to, comes to pass in our lives. Thus we learn by experience. Three -Through learning by experience, we become conscious children of God, and presently come into the glorious liberty of the children of God."

Sri Paul Twitchell
Flute of God
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by Obi901: 8:16am On Oct 17, 2014
A Gentle Exercise before Sleep

Try doing this spiritual exercise each evening before you go to sleep. Close your eyes, and sing HU or your secret word for five minutes.

Then just before you go to sleep, say to the Mahanta, "Please take me to the place where I can learn whatever is important for my spiritual unfoldment. Take me to a Temple of Golden Wisdom."

Or say, "Let me see what it's like to Soul Travel; you have my permission."

If you can establish the Golden Heart, which is actually the viewpoint of Soul, you'll find it easier to have inner experiences and let go of the fear. If you have fear in Soul Travel, you have fear in other things, and it's holding you back in your life.

—Sri Harold Klemp
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by tjmc: 5:17pm On Oct 17, 2014
i have d desire to join cos i have dis inner compulsion to learn all dat eckankar teaches. But na registration fee dey hold me nw. Hw can u help an intending and desirous brethren
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by tjmc: 5:34pm On Oct 17, 2014
A friend asked me to sing s*gm*d nd dat wateva i observe i shudnt shout blood of jesus. So i want to know d reason b4 i sing it cos am not a member yet but have experienced kinds of dreams singing wahze nd k*h*l*am. Eckist u undastand
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 10:27pm On Oct 17, 2014
@ tjmc

the word he asked you to sing is a spiritually charged word that can open your inner awareness to the cause of any problem you have.

the issue of shouting or not shouting the blood of jesus is a funny one indeed. my observation is that Christians usually shout it when they are afraid. inner spiritual adventures does not require you to be afraid at all because you are soul and nothing can harm you. exhibiting any form of fear, will immediately shut down your inner vision and the experience you are having will stop immediately.

the path to God requires one to be bold, courageous and adventuresome. it is not for the meek in spirit.

concerning the issue of registration. meet the spiritual services co-ordinator of any ECKANKAR centre close to you and explain to him about your monetary plight. currently you are encouraged to donate whatever you have no matter how small. what matters is your sincerity and not the amount. if really in all sincerity you can not afford the suggested donation, you can write a letter to Sri Harold Klemp, telling him your intention to become a member and that you have no money. expect a reply which can come in the inner or in the outer. just keep an open mind.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by tjmc: 8:04am On Oct 18, 2014
thanx for ur response. Since i started sing these words- wahze nd kahlm my dreamin has considerably increased. Last nite i had a dream, and in d dream i was fishing in a big water. I made a good catch but was desirous of more b4 i woke up. Pls wat does dis mean. the exercise i did was singin hu 4 5mins nd sayin i want to know wat it is to soul travel
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 10:58am On Oct 18, 2014
@ tjmc

in ECKANKAR, we do not interpret people's dream. here you are being trained to become a Master yourself so nobody spoon feeds you. you have all the potential and ability within yourself, we just give you the keys to unlock them yourself.

to be able to interpret your dreams, start by recording your dreams in a dream book, upon awaking in the morning then do a spiritual exercise again, and in contemplation ask the inner master the meaning of the dream, then go into silence and listen. the answer can come in various ways, it can come up during the contemplation, or during the day as you are going about the day's work or even in another dream. you have to be alert to catch it as it comes.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by tjmc: 12:53pm On Oct 18, 2014
pls ben i want tn learn how to be conscious in my dream
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by amawodoga: 1:36pm On Oct 18, 2014
i m pleased with eckanka till the day i findout their believe about abortion and gay, i dont just want to say it here cos i believe you know what i mean, can you explain that, maybe i m mistaking.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 1:44pm On Oct 18, 2014
@ tjmc

pls ben i want tn learn how to be conscious in my dream

it is a gradual process. it starts with recording your dreams in a dream book, and doing your spiritual exercises diligently morning and night.
Re: Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar by benodic: 2:09pm On Oct 18, 2014
@ amawodoga

i m pleased with eckanka till the day i findout their believe about abortion and gay, i dont just want to say it here cos i believe you know what i mean, can you explain that, maybe i m mistaking.

ECKANKAR is a spiritual path and is primarily concerned with soul realizing itself and realizing God so usually we do not concern ourselves much with social or political issues which most religions grapple with.
as a spiritual path we do not work with believes. we work with realization of truth as it is and this comes through inner experiences, that means if we tell you that soul is immortal, you will have the experiences to back it up which will be your authority.

first soul is neither male nor female, it is only when soul needs to come down to the lower worlds to experience life here that it takes on a male or female body. the physical body is just like a cloth worn by soul and nothing more. killing the physical body does not kill the soul in any way but rather soul simply moves on and picks up another body to continue its experiences and soul usually enters the physical body at the point of delivery, it then fully activates the body and the baby then starts taking its first breath.

in matters of concerning homosexuality, ECKANKAR does not judge the issue in any way, but one thing is clear as experienced in ECKANKAR, when a person starts doing the spiritual exercises, he/she is gradually transformed into a GOD-like being and if there is any trait or bad habit, or negative behaviours that is getting in the way of the person going back to God, it is gradually swept aside by the cleansing power of the Holy Spirit and the person truly becomes a new being.

as usual we do not beg any one to believe or try to convince anyone, realization of truth is a journey each soul must undertake when It is ready.

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (168) (Reply)

A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them. / Testimony Of A Former Devil Worshiper - Nonkoliso Ngeleka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.