Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

Do You Have A Step Mum? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Have A Step Mum? (11218 Views)

Sleeping With My Step-mum Seems To Be My Only Chance For Survival / Sleeping With My Step-mum Seems To Be My Only Chance For Survival / My Mother Became Jealous When She Heard We Were Becoming Close To Our Step Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Have A Step Mum? by teddyface(m): 8:54am On May 14, 2007
since i was born i never met my mum, as i was told she and my dad brock up when i was about 2 month? and so i grew up with my step mum. life was up and down, so shits i dont like to remeber happen to me, which made me feel like killing myself then. but now thank God i have leant to forgive and we live together with no problems.
so share you step mum saga here with us
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by eeman(f): 12:36pm On May 14, 2007
I grew up with my stepmom too. my parents were seperated.
i now realised that my childhood has affected mein a lot of ways.
to much criticisms and being ignored can affect a child alot negatively cry cry cry
it also strained my relationship with my mom cause i blame her then for leaving.but am now getting to understand her better now. kiss kiss
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by mukina2: 4:08pm On Jun 10, 2007
i have a step witch more like angry

how can a grown up woman be competing with her step child angry
i'm praying to God everyday, for longetivity so my kids will never get to be with a step wicth angry
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:11pm On Jun 10, 2007
so bad, cry.
i guess i won't understand, cause i grew up in a home, with two loving parents who loved us all so much
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by mukina2: 4:19pm On Jun 10, 2007
ThoniaSlim:

so bad, cry.
i guess i won't understand, cause i grew up in a home, with two loving parents who loved us all so much

i have never stayed with my step witch, whenever we meet  its world war, so we try as best to avoid each other angry grin
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by iice(f): 3:33pm On Jun 11, 2007
Eyah. Sorry o!
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by ijaygal: 3:41pm On Jun 12, 2007
Yea, I've got a step mum who tore my parents apart. She is definitely not the nicest woman on earth. She has tried turning my dad's heart against me but has constantly failed. Though i didn't grow up with ha ( she stepped in when i was 18yrs). I don't wish stepmum for my kids.
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by bebe2007(m): 3:59pm On Jun 12, 2007
I have got STEP MUMS (2)!!! how about that? Well i really do not have a tale to tell cuz we do not live in the same town. The wives have their kids, home and cars. We do not cross their path neither do they cross ours. We the kids used to meet up at our Dad's (before he retired and died) for hols. Was so much fun, but goes cold when a mother comes visiting. hated it then angry angry I love my siblings though all of them, we had fun. Now that my Dad is dead and gone we practice to your "Tent O Isreal"!!!!!!!! No step mum drama. I thank God for giving my Dad such wisdom even when he was wrong (that is marrying more than one wife)

1 Like

Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by slimfine(f): 6:09am On Jun 17, 2007
I have a step mom, But my dad loves me sooooooooooo much that I don't even pay her any attension. Our startegy is, when I make her mad, she doesn't speak to me and I don't speak to her. Now that am in Yanki with my mom, I am like daughther she never had. Anyway, I am nice to her because of my dad. I just want him to happy.
I hope to not have my children deal with this step shit!!

Oh yah, did I forget. I now have a step dad being that I live with my mom who is now married to another man. drama, drama but I no wan go that side because this is yanki. I can choose not to deal with that whole mess.
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by mamaput(f): 2:19pm On Jun 17, 2007
Yes i do but i was already over 30 when i got her and had moved out long ago.
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by bebe2007(m): 12:59pm On Jun 18, 2007
slimfine:

I have a step mom, But my dad loves me sooooooooooo much that I don't even pay her any attension. Our startegy is, when I make her mad, she doesn't speak to me and I don't speak to her. Now that am in Yanki with my mom, I am like daughther she never had. Anyway, I am nice to her because of my dad. I just want him to happy.
I hope to not have my children deal with this step shit!!

Oh yah, did I forget. I now have a step dad being that I live with my mom who is now married to another man. drama, drama but I no wan go that side because this is yanki. I can choose not to deal with that whole mess.

Babes, a step dad!!! wonder how that will be. I guess if my mum remarries now that am all grown up and wise i probably wouldnt frett about it. I hope you guys try to get along. It will hurt your mum more if you do not. She would be torn between you two. Take it easy and get to know him if you can. Am sure it wouldnt be as bad as having a Stepmum.
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by tasiana(m): 4:52pm On Jun 18, 2007
yea i got a step mum and i tell u IT AINT @ ALL EASY sad,nothing beats ones own mum
kiss kiss kiss for u my maama smiley
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by tEsLim(m): 2:50pm On Jun 19, 2007
Step mums are no no!

Almost ruined a semester for me. When she insisted that d school fee of a daughter going to expensive private school be paid first. Before I get my 5k.

Ruined my first travellin to yankee attempt. Ruins any good plan she's aware of.

Now i'm all good. Even paid tuition for some of my smallest step siblings, cos i love them. They're wonderful kids. Thanks for Christ.

Note. Most of the ruins happened because my dad is just obsessed of havin me around him. So i gotta go live wit him and step mama. Genuine Mama lives 15mins drive away though. Spiritual battles etc.
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 20, 2007
Kk
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by teena(f): 12:38pm On Jun 27, 2007
I hv a step mum. My mum had seven of us before she died then my Dad got married to another woman. Meeeeeeeeeen! Its not easy but I thank God for HIS grace. My dad used wisdom and it helped to an extent. All my siblings are grown now so we dont bother abt the step mum a'home but always wished our mum was there for us. The diff is very clear! I pray that my children will never have any cause to live with a step-mum.
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by mcube(f): 1:28pm On Jul 12, 2007
i was the only child of my dad when he re - married then i was 22 years of age. i dont really ave any problem with my step mum cos ever before my dad re-married i was staying alone. i never stayed with my step mum and dad. i only go there once in 4 months to visit my dad and siblings the rest communication is on phone.
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by wifeypenth(f): 8:31pm On Jul 12, 2007
yeah i have a step mum! but we dont cross each other's path's at all at all. so no fite at all. she knows me i know her!!!!!!! KAPISH!!!!!1
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by malaika(f): 10:30am On Jul 13, 2007
:-x
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by Oluchia(f): 3:03pm On Jul 16, 2007
malaika:

I am a step mum and my view is: when a woman truly loves a man she will do anything to please him and his child(ren). Women have big hearts. The problem is that a lot of children have this view of "the evil stepmother" and no matter how good and genuine the step mum is, they will always treat her like "the evil stepmother". I am still young and very new at this stepmother business, but already I can see that whatever I do for my stepdaughter will never be good enough to gain her love and trust. So I'm getting to a point where I won't put in any more effort, to avoid being hurt further. Maybe that's the reason step mums seem like they don't care, they've tried and given up,

You are right about that! I've never had a step- mum but I have cousins with a step mother and I stayed with them for a while. Agreed some step-moms can be a pain in the neck but the children's attitude most times leave nothing to be desired. My Uncle's wife had a hell of a time trying to raise the kids, and she had to contend with my grand mum who was staying with them then. As far as she was concerned, the kids were never wrong. To make matters worse, the step mother had no child of her own, and so any little attempt by her to correct or chastise the children was always regarded as "wickedness from a frustrated barren woman". My cousins had no iota of respect for her, and I used to feel so sorry for her. Although now, b/c they are all grown ups, they maintain a cordial r/ship.
I feel you though, but don't give up. I know it's not easy but just keep doing what you can. The Lord is your strenght. Cheers.
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by darami(f): 10:34pm On Feb 08, 2008
?
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Feb 08, 2008
no, but. . . .
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by almondjoy(f): 2:37am On Feb 09, 2008
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Na wah oh!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by Meenz328: 4:40am On Feb 09, 2008
LOL,
this is so funny.
i have 4 step mothers and i love 2 of them and the other i pay no attention to them but they dont involve theirselves in my life. they can only really get to you when you put urself in the position or if you try to get close to them but the other 2 i love them, i am closer to one especially more than my own mother. I am close to the 2 but the other 2 i just stay diplomatic with them to avoid any problems. overall i think step moms are not bad. but personally from the people i have met i have heard that yoruba step moms are not easy at all, maybe its because i am Jigawa and thats north that is why ive had a quite pleaasant experience with step moms.
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by omokudi26: 6:33am On Feb 09, 2008
i do have 2 step mums but the first one was wicked so my dad married another one, which was nice some time and sometime i wish i was with my mum. now we all in yankee and we do talk some time and some timewe just lookat each other. but step mum can never be your real mum
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by Ndipe(m): 7:28am On Feb 09, 2008
Not all stepmums are wicked, believe me.
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by kidgenious(m): 9:23am On Feb 09, 2008
Ndipe:

Not all stepmums are wicked, believe me.
dats very true, i think dey just jealous when dey see dere husband loving another child apart from theirs especially a female. dats where trouble begin.
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by UltraFine: 9:54am On Feb 09, 2008
I usually just lurk, but this post just set me off. I had to contribute.

I have a step mum, and all I can say is "What a wicked, jealous soul she is". My mum died when I was just 2 and my Dad quickly remarried and basically lied to me that she was my real mum till I put 2 & 2 together at around age 10. So let's rule out the part that it's the children's attitudes. I remember I used to pray to God to come take me away in the middle of the night. To make things worse, my Dad traveled a lot and left me at her mercy. I enjoyed constant beatings over the littlest things. I felt weird if a 3 days went by without a beating. These beatings would stop whenever my Dad was around. I remember trying to make no mistakes and still getting an ass whooping. Even her kids (before they knew the full picture) used to complain to my Dad whenever he was around that she was beating me for no reason.

After I knew she was not my mother, I used to always daydream that my real mother would stop by just to pick me up and I would run out of the house and follow her, not even remembering to pack my favorite toys. I was basically a houseboy in my own father's house.

Once my Real Mother's best friend brought me some gifts, my Dad insisted that I go show her the gifts, when she saw the gifts, she burst out crying and ran into the bathroom. She later seized most of the gifts and redistributed them among her kids when my Dad traveled. I later overheard her telling one of her sisters that she would never buy me gifts again since my Mother's friend bought me gifts and did not buy her kids gifts. She later traveled and bought tons of gifts and made me sit down and watch (despite me begging to go use the toilet) while she distributed the gifts among her children and finished by saying "I did not buy you any gifts because I did not know you shoe size", my response was "Can I go now". She did this all in front of my Dad who always struggles to explain everything she does as being out of love. She can try to poison my food and he would find a way to explain it as love. I have so many bad memories, that I can write a book. At the end of the day I blame my Dad for lacking the guts to control his household. To make things worse, he has been trying to force me to accept her as my real Mum and to forget about my own Mother. Hell will freeze over first.

There are some good stepmothers out there, but they are few.
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by Loveniger(m): 10:04am On Feb 09, 2008
I don't have a step mum, but from an extended family which mean by dad have three wifes.
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by funyin(f): 12:44pm On Feb 09, 2008
i ve a step mum but we ve never met since i grew up with my mum.

Also ve a step dad, but we are not cordial.
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by topetall(f): 2:41pm On Feb 09, 2008
I really feel sorry for ultrafine, i hope u are a better person now and not still hurting. When i was growing up, i also used to receive spankings or slaps from my mum, i was d first child so i did a lot of domestic things from cooking, tiding,going to market,bath 4 my siblings, feed them, washing clothes - including their shit stained pants and dirty socks. Am in the kitchen using my small hands to stir amala and am hearing my siblings laughing in the living room. THEY all enjoyed while i practical thot i suffered, then i used to think my REAL mum was somewhere and would one day take me away. I bet every kid dreamt abt that. but for sheesy{real) she was my real mum, she was training me. and today am a better lady, if she was a step i would have had every reason to whine, since she is not i just love and forgive. u know with ur real mum when she slaps u today d next minute u are both talking something else. sha u guys take heart and liver.
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by ashaby(f): 3:21pm On Feb 09, 2008
THE SAGA OF STEP MOTHERS

Growing up in a [sub]broken[/sub] shattered home, i have found out through experience that wicked step mothers are not consciouly or deliberately wicked people but just held by insecurity and fear of the unknown. Living with my step mum, my eye see weeen but to the glory of God i have a story to tell. Even now that im no longer with them, she still beef me, backstabbing and reporting me to whoever cares to listen. but i know God will be the ultimate judge.

Thanks to her, i used to have a very low opinion of myself but now i know that im the best that God could ever create. At first i hated her vowing to get back at her for destroying my childhood, but with time, thank God for Jesus in my life, ive gotten over it all.

A PIECE OF ADVICE
For those of us who grew up in broken homes, let our experience teach us a lesson, preserve your marriage, guard it at all cost, i mean with every thing u have. Remember, a broken relationship is better than a dissolved marriage.
He that has ears ,
Re: Do You Have A Step Mum? by ifyalways(f): 4:47pm On Feb 09, 2008
@topic,not all step mums are bad though,some are cool.the fact remains that no woman,no matter how hard she tries to please you,wud ever be like the real mother.most times,(esp if the real mum is alive and still single,just divorced from the dad) the kids tend to take it out on the step mum,like she was the cause of the divorce.even when she tries to please the kids,they keep comparing her with the real mum and see hatred and lapses in every of her moves.some steps mums are god-sent,some arent so good undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? / How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? / My Wife Packed Out Of My House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.