Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,778 members, 7,806,154 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame (49688 Views)

Oladejo Lamikanra - Nigerian Lawyer Who Lied His Way To The Top / How Obasanjo Lied His Way To Heroism / Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 19, 2010
gidson12:

do we ever see any thing good in ourselves, thats the reason why we can never progress, we are quick to run ourselves down, i'm still yet to see the fault of this guy, remember he's a Nigerian and not recognized by the outside world as any of the tribes within, so never u be biased in your opinion about him, i still dont see him as an easterner, but as a Nigerian

GBAM!!! Even if his region was recognized, he'd still be seen as a Nigerian.
Nigerians are sad, you dont know how one water drop can create a huge wave in an ocean. One more dent to the Nigerian image, more dents like this will eventually affect some Nigerians  abroad.

But funny thing, when a man is successful, we look at his tribe/region. When he's at a fault, we look at his nationality. funny lol.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 19, 2010
afam4eva:

Why don't you post a link to where he made such claim. You tribal scum.
it took me over thirty minutes to read through the whole claims and I am just going to base my arguement on just two aspect of his fraud.
Is Gordon Bell award = Nobel Award

Where did he get his Doctor or professor from
grin grin
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Afam4eva(m): 1:39pm On Oct 19, 2010
~Bluetooth:

it took me over thirty minutes to read through the whole claims and I am just going to base my arguement on just two aspect of his fraud.

Where did he get his Doctor or professor from
grin grin

You're just going around circles. Will you post the link where he claimes to have a Nobel price and stop behaving like a cheap GOAT.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 19, 2010

2 Likes

Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 19, 2010
afam4eva:

You're just going around circles. Will you post the link where he claimes to have a Nobel price and stop behaving like a cheap GOAT.
So you didn't read the original post before coming to defend that 419 ? Wow. . .typical ibo kwenu character.oya go and read the whole story and come back to argue blindly.The guy na thief !
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by felifeli: 1:45pm On Oct 19, 2010
Why don't you too go try and lie your own way to fame. Idleness is a disease which rots the brain.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bkbabe97y(m): 1:45pm On Oct 19, 2010
afam4eva:

Will u also tell us where he got his Doctorate from?

You Super-Lying hero claims to have like a Gazillion Patents to his name. A check of the U.S Patent Office revealed that he hasnt invented even a fart, to talk less of all the things he claimed! Is the white man denying him his claims to his inventions too, or the U.S Patent office just hates that he's Ibo. . .?

http://chxta..com/2006/04/is-philip-emeagwali-fake.html
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by phreakabit(m): 1:45pm On Oct 19, 2010

Where did he get his Doctor or professor from Grin Grin

Its called a Doctoral degree, just so slow pokes know. No insult intended
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by kettykings: 1:47pm On Oct 19, 2010
@ duduspace i have been an avid reader of Emeagwali's Biographies for more than 8 years ,

1 Emeagwali never called him self a Doctor (phd) he complained that he was denied doctorate on the grounds of racism (can some who made first class not do his phd exams)
2 Emeagwali likened the Gordon Bell prize from IEEE to nobel prize , he never said he won a nobel prize
3 Emeagwali  also talked about the discrimination and racism he suffered in US , he was often underpaid (ie got jobs he was more than qualified for , because the one he was qualified for were for whites exclusively)
4 Top US researchers and University recognize emegwalis achievements like MIT, and international media like CNN,BBC, African news e.t.c
5 there are enough whistle blowers in US to Expose him how come it is a frustrated history nigerian professor from a glorified secondary school (university of ibadan) whose only achievement was publishing books that never sold outside his class room, only to relocate abroad and look for green field of ridiculing blacks who have excelled in thier fields.

From Emeagwalis site , he said he did not invent super computers , he simply invented a cheaper and more affordabel way of doing super computing by progarmming different computers located in different locations to carry out some task.
(super computers where previosuly very expensive and gigantic devices which only very big bodies could afford)

His invention gave rise to the rapid growth of the internet, NOT that he invented the internet.

Anyway how come those villifying him are not some private investigators in US or even some history professors in MIT or Harvard but a failed professor probably from Ekiti state and the owner of an unknown website cafeafricana.

if this is the type of professors that come from ekiti , then really it is a big pity
please nairalanders can you have a peep that claimed Emeagwali lobbied to brand him http://www.cafeafricana.com  hmm very awful site. i pity Emeagwali if that it true

3 Likes

Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by OmoTier1(m): 1:49pm On Oct 19, 2010
@ OP GORDON BELL is the today equivalent of Nobel Price in computing only that this price is in the category of Supercomputing! Yes there are two versions of recognition in computing, however most respect the GORDON BELL price because of the price history with IEEE.

I once read this nonsense the OP is posting and I took the pain to research for myself and I found out that most of the things said in the aritcle are all nonsense!

Philip. E. is a celebrated Nigerian-American who have earned some of the most coveted price and awards in the field of innovation and enterprise! For all you doubters, go to CNN archives and request for the video clip where President Cliton called this gentle man ONE of the FATHERS of the INTERNET. when He was given the higest award of recognition by the US governmet. Researching his publications, his contributions to even the university that initially acted as a stubling block to him, I was encouraged and humbled!

TO THE DOUBTERS WHO TO MY DISGUST ARE MOSTLY UNINFORMED NIGERIAS; EVEN JESUS SAID " a prophet has no honour in his own land" and that is just what you people are doing to Philip. E. and it painful that this fine brain has no visited Nigeria since He left the country well over 30years ago!!!!!

GORDON BELL PRICE:
The Gordon Bell Prizes are a set of awards awarded by the Association for Computing Machinery in conjunction with the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers each year at the Supercomputing Conference to recognize outstanding achievement in high-performance computing applications. The main purpose of the award is to acknowledge, reward, and thereby assess the progress of parallel computing. The awards were established in 1987.

The Prizes were preceded by a similar much smaller prize (nominal: $100) by Alan Karp, a numerical analyst (then of IBM; won by Gustafson and Montry) challenging claims of MIMD performance improvements proposed in the Letters to the Editor section of the Communications of the ACM who went on to be one of the first Bell Prize judges. Cash prizes accompany these recognitions and are funded by the award founder, Gordon Bell, a pioneer in high-performance and parallel computing.

Notable recipients include:

Philip Emeagwali - 1989
Thomas Sterling - 1997
Ian Foster - 2001
Laxmikant V. Kale - 2002

Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Bell_Prize
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 19, 2010
guddsid:

NL is so funny ,  you guys just come up with fake profiles pretending to be some one else where as we know who's actually behind this ,  i know a few NLers who have up to 4 accounts , they would make a post and then wait for some seconds before rushing in with other profile lol, how jobless. Anyway @thread where did you get the info from that emegwali ever claimed to be a winner of the Noble prize , do you think the guy is that silly ?? for God's sake the list of noble prize winners can be easily found online . so why would some one want to lie about something like that when he know's he would get busted easily  
This guys profile is online

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Emeagwal
http://www.math.buffalo.edu/mad/computer-science/emeagwali_philip.htm

to find more type the words "Phillip Emeagwali " On Google
http://www.google.com.ng/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=phillip+emegwali+awards

On his website he said  he won the 1989 Gordon Bell prize, the “Nobel Prize of Supercomputing,” in quote , get it ?? thats like saying hip hop world awards is the "Grammies of the Nigerian music industry " , thats like saying the head of the student union in a university is the "Obama of the University" its just a simple reference statement guys don't kill yourselves over someone else's progress . Turn your energy to more productive purposes and stop putting up cheap , silly lies on NL , if you can fool other Nairalanders with such silly posts , you definitely can't fool me because i know better .

NLers think, think harder .
Mr lecturer,please go and read the original post.This thread is already on NL homepage.it won't have been there if the allegations I raised are not correct.stop thinking with your anus !
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by phreakabit(m): 1:53pm On Oct 19, 2010
5 there are enough whistle blowers in US to Expose him how come it is a frustrated history nigerian professor from a glorified secondary school (university of ibadan) whose only achievement was publishing books that never sold outside his class room, only to relocate abroad and look for green field of ridiculing blacks who have excelled in thier fields.

Call it Jealousy,Envy,Hate or whatever all i know its a very ugly thing,that radiates from the inside out  cry
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Cactus(m): 1:58pm On Oct 19, 2010
I never once heard he claimed nobel
the cm-2 stuff i never heard he claimed he invented it, it was an application of an existing invention

just like how people use words in different pattern to create new works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Emeagwali

The movie : A FLASH OF GENIUS is a great movie all should watch it
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bkbabe97y(m): 1:58pm On Oct 19, 2010
afam4eva:

. Internet looser.

"Looser" or "Loser"?!?!

1 Like

Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 19, 2010
phreakabit:

LWKMD. . .wetin be doctoral again ? It's doctorate or ''doctor of philosophy'' olodo !

1 Like

Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by kettykings: 1:59pm On Oct 19, 2010
Below are some Falola's publication. if you have a vacancy or job , i suggest you offer him one or else you risk being his next victim LMAO

Culture and Customs of Libya
by Toyin Falola, Jason Morgan
Hardcover - February 2011
List price: $49.95

Music, Performance and African Identities (1st Edition)
by Toyin Falola
Hardcover - December 2010
List price: $105.00

Nigeria, Nationalism, and Writing History
by Toyin Falola, Saheed Aderinto
Hardcover - December 2010
List price: $75.00

Hot Spot: Sub-Saharan Africa
by Toyin Falola, Adebayo Oyebade
Hardcover - July 2010
List price: $65.00

Endangered Bodies: Women, Children, And Health in Africa
by Toyin Falola (Editor), Matthew M. Heaton (Editor)
Hardcover - June 2010
List price: $55.01

The Foundations of Nigeria: Essays in Honor of Toyin Falola
by Toyin Falola (Editor), Adebayo Oyebade (Editor)
Hardcover - June 2010
List price: $119.95

War and Peace in Africa
by Toyin Falola (Editor), Raphael Chijioke Njoku (Editor)
Paperback - March 2010
List price: $65.00

Archaeology of Atlantic Africa and the African Diaspora
by Toyin Falola (Editor), Akinwumi Ogundiran (Editor)
Paperback - January 2010
List price: $29.95

Facts, Fiction, and African Creative Imaginations
by Toyin Falola, Fallou Ngom
Book - January 2010

Africans and the Politics of Popular Culture
by Toyin Falola (Editor), Augustine Agwuele (Editor)
Hardcover - December 2009
List price: $80.00

160 Titles
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by phreakabit(m): 2:00pm On Oct 19, 2010
So you didn't read the original post before coming to defend that 419 ? Wow. . .typical ibo kwenu character.oya go and read the whole story and come back to argue blindly.The guy na thief !

If the guy is a thief even after not taking a dime from you. What would that make the "great" AWO and Obasanjo who got rich of Nigerians,Coca Cola and MTN respectively?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by phreakabit(m): 2:03pm On Oct 19, 2010

Where did he get his Doctor or professor from Grin Grin

Whos the Olodo now? The second quote is obviously yours, Guy even if you are not educated enough on the subject of discussion, you could use G O O G L E
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by OmoTier1(m): 2:04pm On Oct 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

GBAM!!! Even if his region was recognized, he'd still be seen as a Nigerian.
Nigerians are sad, you dont know how one water drop can create a huge wave in an ocean. One more dent to the Nigerian image, more dents like this will eventually affect some Nigerians  abroad.

But funny thing, when a man is successful, we look at his tribe/region. When he's at a fault, we look at his nationality. funny lol.

SPOT ON! those comments characterize most Nigerians at large. And the truth is, it is all down to "inate" jealousy
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 19, 2010
afam4eva:

FOOL. You can't even post a single link to backup your claim. You just jump at any thread that label an IGBO as a criminal like a castrated GOAT. Internet looser.
Wow. . .I have never had anything against him up till now and all what I have against are based on the allegations in the first post.Like I said,go and read it.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 19, 2010
bk.babe97y:

"Looser" or "Loser"?!?!

You have time for that rabid noisemaker? cool
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by youngies(m): 2:07pm On Oct 19, 2010
I didn't know the Americans and their system are so naive to see through the fraud - Philip Emegwali, only to be busted by eagle eyed Nigerian Professor, Nigerian blogs and other idle trolls on Nairaland.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Afam4eva(m): 2:09pm On Oct 19, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Wow. . .I have never had anything against him up till now and all what I have against are based on the allegations in the first post.Like I said,go and read it.

You have everything against the IGBO race.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 19, 2010
phreakabit:

Whos the Olodo now? The second quote is obviously yours, Guy even if you are not educated enough on the subject of discussion, you could use  G O O G L E
PHD holders are addressed as doctor or professor.now go and jump inside lagoon.olodo !
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by phreakabit(m): 2:12pm On Oct 19, 2010
I didn't know the Americans and their system are so naive to see through the fraud - Philip Emegwali, only to be busted by eagle eyed Nigerian Professor, Nigerian blogs and other idle trolls on Nairaland.

[size=18pt]
Idle trolls
[/size] hahaha thats a good one
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 19, 2010
youngies:

The problem with Philip Emegwali was his overhyped contribution to the internet, which is not exactly the case. His is not one of the fathers of the internet as he claimed and there lies his problem with credibility.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bkbabe97y(m): 2:15pm On Oct 19, 2010
Aigbofa:

The problem with Philip Emegwali was his overhyped contribution to the internet, which is not exactly the case. His is not one of the fathers of the internet as he claimed and there lies his problem with credibility.

Lol. Where u been? And where the hell ar 9jaganja and Seanet?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by phreakabit(m): 2:16pm On Oct 19, 2010

Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame
« #59 on: Today at 02:10:46 PM »

Quote from: phreakabit on Today at 02:03:53 PM

Whos the Olodo now? The second quote is obviously yours, Guy even if you are not educated enough on the subject of discussion, you could use  G O O G L E
PHD holders are addressed as doctor or professor.now go and jump inside lagoon.olodo !

Ok next time structure your sentence better, Say, Where did he get his Doctorate from. Not where did he get his Doctor from, Chai!  People might start to think you are dyslexic, better yet you can check here to find out if you are:

www.dyslexia-adults.com/a4.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

7 Senators That Constitute 'Cabal' In The Senate - NigerianBulletin / Meet The Members Of The Lagos Judicial Panel On SARS. / Young Fulani Bandits In Full Military Regalia And Armed With AK47 Riffle (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.