Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame (49707 Views)

Oladejo Lamikanra - Nigerian Lawyer Who Lied His Way To The Top / How Obasanjo Lied His Way To Heroism / Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by chyz(m): 2:17pm On Oct 19, 2010
WOW! So aren't these the same bastards that said they condemn saharareporter now that they have lost their credibility? Now all of a sudden its stories(at least this one) is the purest of the pure.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bawomolo(m): 2:17pm On Oct 19, 2010
1 Emeagwali never called him self a Doctor (phd) he complained that he was denied doctorate on the grounds of racism (can some who made first class not do his phd exams)

the disapproval of his dissertation had nothing to do with racism?  if he is a genius of supercomputing, why couldn't he write an acceptable dissertation?

2 Emeagwali likened the Gordon Bell prize from IEEE to nobel prize , he never said he won a nobel prize

lies, here is the premier prize for computing similar to a fields medal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_Award
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by AloyEmeka5: 2:20pm On Oct 19, 2010
Philip Emeagwali will not last 2 days in America without being disgraced nationally if he is a fraud. People go online to debunk the claims of others and this shouldn't be surprising. There are many other articles like that concerning Obama's place of birth and academic achievement; GW Bush's academic degrees especially his  Harvard MBA, etc.

You cannot be great without people under you trying so hard to pull you down and God help you if you give them the ammo they need.

How in the world can somebody interpret "Nobel prize of supercomputing" as Nobel prize?. How in the world?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by chyz(m): 2:20pm On Oct 19, 2010
bawomolo:

the disapproval of his dissertation had nothing to do with racism?  if he is a genius of supercomputing, why couldn't he write an acceptable dissertation?

lies, here is the premier prize for computing similar to a fields medal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_Award

Could you have done better? and why is it bothering you so much?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 19, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Lol. Where u been? And where the hell ar 9jaganja and Seanet?

I've been a little busy lately. I hope the ibo supremacists are not bothering you too much.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Afam4eva(m): 2:21pm On Oct 19, 2010
Aigbofa:

The problem with Philip Emegwali was his overhyped contribution to the internet, which is not exactly the case. His is not one of the fathers of the internet as he claimed and there lies his problem with credibility.

OK, now tell us why you think he is overhyped and why he's not one of the fathers of internet. Pls don't tell me you're more stupid than Bluetooth. I'm waiting.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 19, 2010
phreakabit:

Ok next time[b] structure your sentence better,  [/b]Say, Where did he get his Doctorate from. Not where did he get his Doctor from, Chai!  People might start to think you are dyslexic, better yet you can check here to find out if you are:

www.dyslexia-adults.com/a4.html
I believe NL should be for folks above 18 years and if you are,I don't think it's logical for you to have raised an unnecessary issue in the first instance since I communicated already !
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bawomolo(m): 2:22pm On Oct 19, 2010
chyz:

Could you have done better? and why is it bothering you so much?

the quest for the truth is what bothers me.  

NL politics section has gotten so bad to the point we can't make a claim without being accused of jealousy or tribalism.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by AloyEmeka5: 2:25pm On Oct 19, 2010
bawomolo:

Same they did to Lagrange and Galileo. How did these men impact history after that?.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by phreakabit(m): 2:26pm On Oct 19, 2010
Ok next time structure your sentence better,  Say, Where did he get his Doctorate from. Not where did he get his Doctor from, Chai!  People might start to think you are dyslexic, better yet you can check here to find out if you are:

www.dyslexia-adults.com/a4.html
I believe NL should be for folks above 18 years and if you are,I don't think it's logical for you to have raised an unnecessary issue in the first instance since I communicated already !

Hmm You still haven't figured out how to click the link, Is it that bad!  ,  Yes NL is for adults, how come you talk like a KID?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Bawss1(m): 2:28pm On Oct 19, 2010
Here's what I suggest to people who are in need of a hero in the person of Philip Emeagwali : read the original post and the accompanying link!!
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bawomolo(m): 2:28pm On Oct 19, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Same they did to Lagrange and Galileo. How did these men impact history after that?.

how many publications did lagrange and galileo have. how many publications did the "father of supercomputing" have?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by chyz(m): 2:29pm On Oct 19, 2010
bawomolo:

NL politics section has gotten so bad to the point we can't make a claim without being accused of jealousy or tribalism.

But its clear thats all your about. Whenever there's something great in accomplishment concerning an Igbo its a problem. You have all the space in the world, use it. Who's there to say you can be a great? Uwa wu ahia, onye zuchaa o laa! The world is a market you get what you need out of it then you leave/die. Don't spend you time worrying about what he did or didnt do because he's igbo, go and show that you can do better and if not then so be it.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 19, 2010
afam4eva:

OK, now tell us why you think he is overhyped and why he's not one of the fathers of internet. Pls don't tell me you're more silly than Bluetooth. I'm waiting.

Overhyped by his shameless self promotion as one of the fathers of the internet. If you are a real scientist, you let your work speak for you, forget about racism and all that crap.

His work with supercomputers were done when all the standards and protocols needed for the internet were already in place. How does that make him one of the fathers of the internet.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Carlosein(m): 2:31pm On Oct 19, 2010
Hey people let's try and stick to facts please.

is he a fraud or not?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bkbabe97y(m): 2:31pm On Oct 19, 2010
Aigbofa:

I've been a little busy lately. I hope the ibo supremacists are not bothering you too much.

Been quite busy myself, but in the last few hours all I did was bother a buncha gals including Ileke-Idi over at the Romance section. lol

Oh, not really, they aint been bothering.lol. Aside from me being accused (as usual) of being various people (including you) nothing much has been happening.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Plutarch: 2:32pm On Oct 19, 2010
Saharareporters v a way of overblowing things to d extent of being prejudicial,biased even @ d risk of professionalism. Methink they v lost their relevance after d Yar adua's health imbroglio.
D averagely informed Nigeria would v contradicted Philip Emeagwali if he had claim to win a Nobel prize in computing as there is no such award. We only v nobel prizes in Physiology/Medicine,Literature,Chemistry n Physics.
However,i v always had my reservation about d claim that Emegwali is d founder of internet. As a grad of maths/computer,v followed d history/developments computer from abacus to facebook can say Emegwali's name is obviously missing,infact he is a non-entity as far as developments in computing is concerned.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bawomolo(m): 2:33pm On Oct 19, 2010
chyz:

But its clear thats all your about. Whenever there's something great in accomplishment concerning an Igbo its a problem. You have all the space in the world, use it. Who's there to say you can be a great? Uwa wu ahia, onye zuchaa o laa! The world is a market you get what you need out of it then you leave/die. Don't spend you time worrying about what he did or didnt do because he's igbo, go and show that you can do better and if not then so be it.

yes we all hate him because he is igbo   undecided
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by McCoy91(m): 2:34pm On Oct 19, 2010
Lol, this post is sooo funny. So a guy wakes up one morning & decides to cook up degrees, patents & inventions. Ooops, and a Nobel Price in 'computing'. People just love 'scandals'? Methinks dis Sahara Reporters need to be sued out of journalism.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 19, 2010
bawomolo:

NL politics section has gotten so bad to the point we can't make a claim without being[b] accused of jealousy or tribalism.[/b]
Abi o. . .see distraction and insults everywhere even when they didn't bother to check the original posts where there are many evidences including youtube interviews against that 419 professor
Carlosein:

Hey people let's try and stick to facts please.

is he a fraud or not?
Yes,he is a fraud cuz he claimed to be a Nobel awardee as oppose to Gordon Bell award which he won and he was not even the best as at then.secondly,he claimed to be a professor ? From where ?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Carlosein(m): 2:36pm On Oct 19, 2010
Plutarch:

Saharareporters v a way of overblowing things to d extent of being prejudicial,biased even @ d risk of professionalism. Methink they v lost their relevance after d Yar adua's health imbroglio.
D averagely informed Nigeria would v contradicted Philip Emeagwali if he had claim to win a Nobel prize in computing as there is no such award. We only v nobel prizes in Physiology/Medicine,Literature,Chemistry n Physics.
However,i v always had my reservation about d claim that Emegwali is d founder of internet. As a grad of maths/computer,v followed d history/developments computer from abacus to facebook can say Emegwali's name is obviously missing,infact he is a non-entity as far as developments in computing is concerned.

there's nobel peace prize too.

1 Like

Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by AloyEmeka5: 2:41pm On Oct 19, 2010
bawomolo:

how many publications did lagrange and galileo have. how many publications did the "father of supercomputing" have?

Lagrange struggled for years before they could accept his dissertation but Galileo was never accepted except posthumously. With your experience on the American society, do you think Emeagwali would have lied his way into Gordon award in America?. Such things can happen in Africa but not America.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by bawomolo(m): 2:42pm On Oct 19, 2010
the michigan appeals court system must be lying too

Plaintiff  also  contends  that he made out  a  prima  facie  case  of
disparate  treatment by showing that he completed the  requirements  for  a
scientific computing degree and that students of other races who  completed
the program had received degrees. Again, however, no evidence exists in the
record that defendants treated plaintiff differently from others who  twice
failed the civil engineering qualifying examination.

Furthermore,  plaintiff's contentions that he completed the  doctorate
requirements  in  scientific  computing  and  that  the  trial  court  made
irrelevant   observations  concerning  the  civil   engineering   program's
requirements  are not supported by the record. Plaintiff was admitted  into
the  civil engineering department's doctoral program. While a joint  degree
was   available   in  civil  engineering  and  scientific  computing,   the
acquisition  of the scientific computing doctorate depended on  plaintiff's
satisfaction of his home department's requirements, which included the

-3-

qualifying   examination.  Moreover,  the  record  contains   no   official
acceptance of plaintiff into the joint program.
With respect to plaintiff's
suggestion   that   he   satisfied  the  scientific   computing   doctorate
requirements,3  Gulari's  August  14, 1991  memorandum  indicated  that  to
determine  plaintiff's  potential eligibility for  a  scientific  computing
doctorate,   he   would   assemble  a  committee  to  examine   plaintiff's
dissertation. While plaintiff was supposed to submit his  dissertation  no
later   than  October  1,  1991,  he  failed  to  do  so  until   mid-1992.
Additionally, he failed to receive favorable reviews of his dissertation.

http://www.michbar.org/opinions/appeals/1999/102999/5473.html

that's racist  tongue

Aloy+Emeka:

Lagrange struggled for years before they could accept his dissertation but Galileo was never accepted except posthumously. With your experience on the American society, do you think Emeagwali would have lied his way into Gordon award in America?. Such things can happen in Africa but not America.

who said he lied his way into the gordon award? read aloy. by the way it's not uncommon for a dissertation to have multiple reviews and corrections.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Carlosein(m): 2:43pm On Oct 19, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Yes,he is a fraud cuz he claimed to be a Nobel awardee as oppose to Gordon Bell award which he won and he was not even the best as at then.secondly,he claimed to be a professor ? From where ?

Ok. But just consider for a second that in the light of our ability to verify claims such as the above (there is a list of nobel winners from the 1900s to date) and degrees can be checked out. don't you think he took a great 'risk'?

note that i neither endorse nor deny any party in this argument. just playing devils advocate grin
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Plutarch: 2:43pm On Oct 19, 2010
Yeah bro,there is 4 peace too. I was just concerned wiv d one obtained via academic/professional distinction
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by papabaks(m): 2:45pm On Oct 19, 2010
It seems the author of this piece has a personal vendetta against emeka. He might have lied but i find it ahocking that a fellow Nigerian in Diaspora would do this to him. this article is childish at best, hateful and vindictive. This is a man that put Nigeria on the map, he actually achieved something, he won a prize regardless of the fact that he recieved a thousand dollars. Shame on prof. toyin!
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Carlosein(m): 2:46pm On Oct 19, 2010
Plutarch:

Yeah bro,there is 4 peace too. I was just concerned wiv d one obtained via academic/professional distinction

ok then.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by phreakabit(m): 2:47pm On Oct 19, 2010

BINGO

Look guys hate him or love him , he is a known figure in this world and you guys are just bitter suckers lol .

BILL CLINTON GAVE THE GUY HIS DUE RESPECT HERE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kF3UTxmjuU

Ohhh, ohhh, ohhh wait Philip Emegwali did some CGI effect to make a fake bill clinton right ? or Bill Clinton was bribed to make these statements ? ohhh, ohhh i get it Phillip Emeagwali used some VOODOO on Bill clinton right ? Grin

All you haters please do us a favor , shut the f, up and get busy ok ,

Hmmm what do they to say now?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 19, 2010

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

6 Armoured Cars Arrive Port-Harcourt (Photos) / Peter Obi And Adedeji Adeleke Chatting At The Commissioning Of Dangote Refinery / Obiano Packages 10kg Rice As 25 Kg For Civil Servants - Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.