Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

Immigration Scam: International Passport Unecessary Extortion! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigration Scam: International Passport Unecessary Extortion! (2271 Views)

Canadian Immigration Scam Alert.(swiftravelsolution.com) / The Conman Got 7 Years In Jail After 16 Years Of Immigration Scam / The Crystal Service immigration Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Immigration Scam: International Passport Unecessary Extortion! by segoye2(m): 3:40pm On May 14, 2007
I felt ashamed of myself being a citizen of this country, and above all standing as saying at this jet age, some group of persons from the stone age are still helping in the black painting of our country.

Contrary to the information supplied on the Nigerian Immigration Site, a female friend of mine got to Asaba on 7th of May as was on her Interview date after applying for internatinal passport online, with the documents she was asked to come along with which cost her lots of stress to travel to her local government to get the documents, she was bounced back by the immigration officers operating the Asaba office, they claimed she would have to pay an Extra 6,000 (six thousand naira only) outside that which she had already paid to the bank, She was played around by not only one immigration officers but about four of them, one even collected her documents and went into the thin air after he promised processing the passport with 5,500 (though she retrieved back her documents + the card she bought at UBA from the supposed immigration officer that collected it from her).

The painful part of it is that, this is an exploitation, and you too know that, because no reciept is given. And she had to travel far to Asaba to get the passport done.

The next time you go to www.immigration.gov.ng and read things like International Passport 5,100 naira, don't place your budget on it, because is a scam, you still have lots of illegal money that no receipt would be issued to, and when you think deep, tell yourself Segoye2 said, everyone is aware of it, even the government is aware that this is a scam which noone would want to talk about.

God will judge, God dey, history will judge us all, will judge Nigeria!
Re: Immigration Scam: International Passport Unecessary Extortion! by nijabaje: 6:50pm On May 14, 2007
@ Segoye2

What were you thinking before? everywhere na job, everything na job in Nigeria. But it hurts when you know the money you are paying, no one is going to account for it. Is a shame to the Nigerian immigration. I think the whole reform process is not affecting the immigration offices we have across the country, all we can hope for is to be called upon to mourn the failed reforms.

One love, Nigeria go better!.
Re: Immigration Scam: International Passport Unecessary Extortion! by segoye2(m): 7:42pm On May 17, 2007
A friend called me from Nairaland and said this whole thing is done not ristricted to State Passport Office alone, but is done nation wide. Lets join hands to say No! to this extortion, I stand up, lets stand up!.

(1) (Reply)

Advice!! Marriage For Papers / Yes ,application Is Free To One Netherlands University / The 10 Top International Airlines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.