Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Bank Or Mersk - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Bank Or Mersk (2127 Views)

Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida / Access Bank Or University Of Porthsmouth / Which Is A Better Place To Start A Career- Access Bank Or Airtel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Or Mersk by otuwe(f): 6:33pm On May 14, 2007
pls i need your comment urgently, is it advisable to leave a bank job(Bank Phb) for MERSK job,
Re: Bank Or Mersk by lotanna(m): 7:25pm On May 14, 2007
Pally, i work in a bank ( firstinlandbank) but wen ever anybetter job comes i wil move. its all about the money but can u fit into another sector? dont get me wrong i enjoy my job. i get to appraise credit and i manage an acount that worth over 1Billlion but i feel i need time to develop my self. wit mersk u can do dat. got a friend in mersk, due i earn better but has a masters degree and always @ home b4 me. And being a chic i guess u need time for kids and hubby too cheers. 08055432857 grin cool
Re: Bank Or Mersk by omomoller(m): 8:32am On May 15, 2007
baby,
i am with mearsk.ap moller particularly.its a good place to work but you need to realli think cos if you want to develope urself mearsk is not the right place except you want to be in the shipping industry for ever,and i dont think thats a good idea for a woman.think baby and pray very well cos these two industries are very different.you could call me 08023399250.good luck.
Re: Bank Or Mersk by otuwe(f): 9:40am On May 15, 2007
hi lotanna, i appreciate your concern abt my predicament but like omomoller said, mersk is all about shipping, but the fact is im really fed up with the banking sector and i need another job urgently, by the way, how much does mersk pay omomoller
Re: Bank Or Mersk by Rockie: 6:36pm On May 15, 2007
My dear sis, i suggest u hold on to u'r bank job, if u get something gd in the oil/gas industry then u can move. Maersk is just not worth it except for MISE. Lots of us had option of moving their last yr after our company was taken over by AP MOLLER, but after considering a lot of factors we just collected our entitlement and ran. Anyway try speaking to some insiders like OMO MOLLER and u'll see wat i mean. Don't want u to start looking for another job after 6 months.
Re: Bank Or Mersk by omomoller(m): 9:19am On May 16, 2007
otuwe,
ap moller pays 45k for contract staffs(3 months) then they extend the contract for another 3 months with pay rise of 53k depending on the dept,any whichway.its all about what you want.but i would not advise you to leave the bank.if you are taken for operations you will have to work for 12hrs a day(7am-7pm).for 5days and go for two days off-duty then resume night duty 5nights(7pm--7am) then go 3days off duty.
Dont be deceived by the off days all you do with your off days is just sleep and wash your clothes cos by the time you go off,you would have been fagged out with work.otuwe let me be very sincere with you
forget it.right now we are crying for a pay rise,they tax us so much.baby i am looking for a job in the oil and gas industry or get somthing started for myself.
Think about starting something for yourself not working for somepeople.you are a woman you need time for yourself,your boyfriend,your social life,right now my social life is zero i dont have a girlfriend.most sundays i go to work,midweek service,am held in hold-uptill may be 9.30at times.i mean its not rightv for a woman.i wish you good luck.
Re: Bank Or Mersk by otuwe(f): 9:27am On May 16, 2007
thanks omomoller for being very frank with me i appreciate it, i guess i will maintain with the bank job for now even if its so frustrating. at least i dont work on weekends here thats one thing i cant compromise, working on weekends is out of it for me.

well i wish us all good luck with our job hunt in oil industry, im still waiting for nlng results from the test at ekohotels

peace out.
Re: Bank Or Mersk by omomoller(m): 11:54am On May 16, 2007
otuwe,
now you are talking,nlng.you could move from the bank if the results favour you and i pray it will.be good.08023399250
holla me plssssssssssssss or u could send your number and i will call you.
Re: Bank Or Mersk by 1forall: 5:59pm On May 21, 2007
For me- Maersk
Which kain yeye bank?
Re: Bank Or Mersk by shushu(f): 9:22pm On May 21, 2007
x
Re: Bank Or Mersk by omomoller(m): 7:47pm On May 22, 2007
hi shushu,
are you with maersk uk?adebiyi_sonuga@yahoo.com.lets chat.
Re: Bank Or Mersk by kenechi22(m): 3:14am On May 25, 2007
Otuwe u re a womwan so hold unto ur job.Pray to God for a better job not maersk.Omomoller u be ashawo why u dey seek for mobile no.Dnt mind me he is my pal
Re: Bank Or Mersk by yusuf1420(m): 3:15pm On May 29, 2007
Hello Shushu,Pls.do u work witk mearsk?I'll love to confirm somethings from u if u dont mind? My email is yusuf1420@yahoo.com.
Thnks in advance

(1) (Reply)

Can I Do Masters Directly With Distinction In Hnd? / 347 Million Annual Salary.: Nigeria Highest Paid Ceo / Employment Benefits With A Post Graduate Diploma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.