Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:54 PM

Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja (7495 Views)

Poll: Should children be flogged by the government for hawking?

Yes: 12% (16 votes)
No: 87% (111 votes)
This poll has ended

Electoral Fraud: 2 Minors Nabbed With Ballot Papers Stuffed In Bag / Sammie Okposo Apologies To Buhari For Saying He Should Be Flogged For Forgery / Sammie Okposo Slams Buhari, Says He Should Be Flogged For Forgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by nelsonose: 4:58am On Oct 22, 2010
Can someone please tell me who will do the flogging? Is their teacher, parents, the police or court officials? Do will have any agency for this duty in nigeria?
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by spoilt(f): 5:02am On Oct 22, 2010
This is a joke right?
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by Ikwikwikwi(m): 6:20am On Oct 22, 2010
impossicant
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by OCCULTIST(m): 6:29am On Oct 22, 2010
Good news, the war has started,if any ABOKI crosses his cows in any city of the west,east and south of the country he should also be imprisoned an his cows seized. till he bring his ciroma father
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by osy77(m): 7:30am On Oct 22, 2010
times r hard, angry angry angry angry
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 22, 2010
One month in jail for hawking and working hard to survive and not be a criminal undecided undecided undecided

6 months in jail for stealing almost one trillion Naira and crippling the economy! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Crime is more appreciated than hard work! cry cry cry

What a funny country with a funny law!! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by snthesis(m): 8:17am On Oct 22, 2010
tis so sad- d parents should have received the punishment
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by ifyalways(f): 8:34am On Oct 22, 2010
OMG.this is so cruel and Unbeliveable  sad sad sad
What do they expect of those kids?Some of them were forced to hawk by their parents,some hawk cos that was what they were imported and bought by the slave masters from their respective villages to Abuja to do while some hawk cos thats the only means of survival,plus they dont even have parents(born and bred under the bridge)
WOW,what a way to deal with child labour  shocked
Whatever happened to fishing out the slave masters and parents that put those wares on the poor kids head?cheeeei Naija  cry
where are all those child rights NGO when u need them,all those[i] first ladies[/i] and their child protection NGO'S dey recess abi
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by dobodobo(m): 8:37am On Oct 22, 2010
Is God of Nigeria sleeping N watching people doing us like this, grin
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by Enigma(m): 8:58am On Oct 22, 2010
greateros:

One month in jail for hawking and working hard to survive and not be a criminal undecided undecided undecided

6 months in jail for stealing almost one trillion Naira and crippling the economy! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Crime is more appreciated than hard work! cry cry cry

What a funny country with a funny law!! embarassed embarassed embarassed

It's crazy, isn't it? The lunatics running the asylum and all that . . .
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by tightfella: 9:06am On Oct 22, 2010
Well, if you ask me, i will tell you beating those kids or sending who to jail is not the problem or preferably the solution, Nigeria has the means to give free education and enforce it for the reason that some parents wont allow their children to go to school, the govt can enforce it by making it mandatory for everyone especially children to be educated, beat whosoever you want to beat, jail whosoever you want to jail, infact kill whosoever you want to kill, if there's is not platform for free education, good life and peace amongst the citizenry, am sorry no headway will be found, God help Nigeria
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by Tolulop001(f): 9:11am On Oct 22, 2010
spoilt:

This is a joke right?
i wish cry
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by mkpuluma(f): 9:25am On Oct 22, 2010
poor children.

what a failed nation.

mshewwwwwwwww. (hisses)
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by akunta(f): 9:39am On Oct 22, 2010
If i may,
i dont think punishing the children will stop the parents frm sending them out another day,
Rather, i think these children should be kept in police custody till their parents come for them
then the kids should be swaped with these parents and be remanded in custody for like 1 week
before given a heavy fine to pay.
when they get out of that mess, they would definatley think twice before sending these children out to hawk again.
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by mazaje(m): 9:50am On Oct 22, 2010
Is this a joke?. . . . . .
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by violent(m): 10:06am On Oct 22, 2010
akunta:

If i may,
i dont think punishing the children will stop the parents frm sending them out another day,
Rather, i think these children should be kept in police custody till their parents come for them
then the kids should be swaped with these parents and be remanded in custody for like 1 week
before given a heavy fine to pay.
when they get out of that mess, they would definatley think twice before sending these children out to hawk again.

while there parents are kept in custody, who do you recommend takes responsibility for the warfare of the kids?. . .the Judge?
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by Pethan: 10:08am On Oct 22, 2010
Please! they should leave those innocent kids alone and face their parents as they dont go hawking all alone by themselfs, their parents  send them to  do it
sad sad sad sad embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by violent(m): 10:10am On Oct 22, 2010
bite me. . . I vote "yes, the kids should be flogged" cool
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by jackobi(m): 10:11am On Oct 22, 2010
Hmmmm, It's a sad note to punish them because they were only trying to make a living from street trading since renting a shop can cost them a fortune and with only few jobs available for those who could afford the cost of today's educational cost, but if only crime was treated with such actions like those corrupted leaders who stand a impose such laws without making any reliable provision, it's simply so sad,
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by youngmonie: 10:33am On Oct 22, 2010
most ppl find this thing fuuny, buh its nt, its only a refelction of what todays society has become, where chhildren have to now go and hawk on street of abuja, probly because dey cannot afford school fees or for some other reasons, yet one Mrs patience was sharing 10,000 bags of rice at that same abuja, i fink we as Nigerians should by now think of the kind of future we want for ourselves and for our country and the only way is by ur votes, speak with ur vote , Put a stop to the 10 yrs of PDP's madness and deciet in our lovely country, we have had enough and endured a enough.
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by donmexy1: 10:51am On Oct 22, 2010
to think that even the adults got one month each for hawking and madam cecilia got just six for stealing 191bn.it is only the govt is dealing with the poor that justice is swift, foolish people
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by seanet02: 10:55am On Oct 22, 2010
instead of the PDP to start flogging itself, it is now putting the failure of FG to move the country forward on Innocent kids, very stupid behaviour
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 22, 2010
Whats wrong with flogging them. Are they not being flogged in school daily ? Will it kill them ? Are kids not being flooged at home by parents. So many useless people on nairaland. Havent you been flogged b4, did you die ? Its a form of discouragements.
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by avwerosuoo: 11:02am On Oct 22, 2010
This is pure madness, the kids shld not be flogged, instead Govt shld be flogged, Are the so called officials not ashamed to flog the children? It's not their fault, God help us,
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by icemania: 11:09am On Oct 22, 2010
gosh! I feel sorry for our dear country always mispriortizing, Nigeria is a sinking ship and all hands need to be on deck. Instead of going after those sons of b*%ches underdeveloping this country we are going after hawkers who are tryin ta make a living and sentencing them to a month in prison and cecilia got 6months for embezelling billions,talk bout unfair! Nigerian law needs to be reviewed coz just like a spiders web, its too strong ta catch the weak,and too weak to catch the strong.
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by diehard1: 11:11am On Oct 22, 2010
na sharia abi civil court?
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by Reference(m): 11:14am On Oct 22, 2010
This is sad. I really don't know what to say. But why are we doing this. These are children. Please, these are children. They are not responsible for their plight. They have not stolen government money, they have not ruined banks, they have not mismanaged oil earnings. All the economics they know they learnt in traffic jams. Hell, they did not ask to be born. They just want to survive. They want to help mum and dad, uncle and aunt, they want to buy shirts and shoes, not private jets or mansions in Dubai. They want something to eat. They want a chance in life. If we don't want kids then we should not have them.

As for government good luck to you. Discipline for the future generation, indiscipline and corruption now. Continue to lead by example. When they meet Cecilia in jail and compare notes let us see if indeed her offense is only 6 times theirs.

PS: Do not have kids you cannot care for.
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by kardinalP(m): 11:35am On Oct 22, 2010
This is a really sorry event to be happening in the capital of the most populous black nation. A country that can convincingly cater for the welfare of its citizenry, and even the kids on the street.
The parents of these kids re the ones to be flogged angry, not the kids, whats their crime?, maybe respecting their parents by trying to make bread for the house, in a nations capital, where there's plenty to go round?,. Check out how much those bastards that sit up there, high and mighty, make in a month, while some suffer to feed.
Its a shame, a lawyer will sentence minors, instead of recommending Appropriate Child Welfare Policies to the Government to tackle issues like this,
I weep for Nigeria. embarassed cry
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by obyann(f): 11:58am On Oct 22, 2010
Funny enough, most of this children are forced to hawk on the street and this happens most especially when they live with relatives. Then why flogging this children?

I could remember the experience I had while living with my auntie. I was just in primary 4 when she came to the village asking my parents to allow me stay with her. This woman almost killed me before my time. We dont lack anything in my parents house which she knows very well. She made me to hawk oranges while I was nine. She beat me as if am a slave to her. Each time my mummy visits as she comes to buy things for her shop every 2 weeks. My auntie will warn me not to tell my mum anything.

But as God will have it, she beat me one day and gave me a serious mark on my face and that was the week my mum suppose to visit. when my mum visited, she asked me what happened to my face, I could not but tell her the truth. She pretended as if she did not see it and went back home to tell my father that i must come back. My parents agreed and send message to her(my auntie) and that was how I left her.
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by sonyvaio(f): 12:06pm On Oct 22, 2010
A law was made, the kids transgressed the law, they paid the penalty.
ADVICE
Poverty is a crime and disadvantage in the developing world.
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by Pethan: 12:15pm On Oct 22, 2010
Is hawking now a crime in Abuja? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Minors Flogged For Hawking In Abuja by seyibrown(f): 12:18pm On Oct 22, 2010
The people who sent them out to hawk should be flogged, not the kids! That is just so unfair, it's double punishment for the poor kids! The kids would choose a more comfortable life to that of one on the streets with exposure to all kinds of dangers if they had the choice. The government should be protecting them and not flogging them!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN May Liquidate Some of These Banks By September: What To Do? / Is This Kano APC Crowd For Real? / Why Most Tribe In Nigeria Hate Ibo People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.