Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany (31316 Views)

Arise News Crew Members Attacked & Injured At Elegushi Palace, Lagos (graphic) / PDP Members Attacked In Ipo Omademe, Ikwerre Rivers State. Photos / Ekweremadu: Why Age Limit For Senate, Governorship Were Retained (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany by sharpden: 10:57pm On Aug 19, 2019

Ike Ekweremadu, former deputy Senate President, has revealed why he was attacked in a foreign land by suspected members of the Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB).

Mr Ekweremadu, a federal lawmaker representing Enugu West at the Nigerian Senate was assaulted at the weekend when he went to participate in a cultural festival of Igbo extraction in Germany.

Those who attacked him said they did so because of his refusal to speak up on insecurity bedeviling Enugu State. The domain where the lawmaker hails from has recently witnessed a spike in criminal activities ranging from kidnappings, killings among others.

Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the aggrieved attackers while weighing in on the matter said the action of his men was because the politician helped in ensuring IPOB was proscribed despite their non-violent approach of the group initially.

Mr Kanu thereafter advised leaders from the geo-political zone not to henceforth embark on any foreign trip for their own safety.

Addressing journalist while returning from Germany on Monday, Ekweremadu said those who attacked him did so because they were under the influence of alcohol.

“I think they were just people who were misdirected and misguided. I had the feeling they were under the influence of alcohol. They don’t represent the feelings of our people. There is nothing to worry about,” Uche Anichukwu, media aide to the lawmaker quoted his principal to have said.

“What we will do in this circumstance is to leave him (Kanu) to his conscience, the verdict of history, and possibly the repercussions of ingratitude. But I hope he won’t go to the extent of attacking any of the South East leaders anywhere.”

Ekweremadu also said those who invited him for the occasion has apologized for the embarrassment, leaving the Nigerian government and their German counterparts to take whatever action they wish to take.

“The organisers, the Igbo in Germany, have written a letter apologising for what happened. Everybody is free to go anywhere because those ones don’t represent the behaviour of Nigerians abroad.

“For me, I have moved on. The government and authorities of Germany are free to do whatever they wish about it,” he was quoted as saying in the statement.

He also advised South East leaders to go about their business and discard the threat of the secessionist leader.

Meanwhile, a former federal lawmaker has suggested security steps public office holders are to take should they be invited for engagement outside the shores of the country.

Source: https://todaypoliticsng.com/why-ipob-members-attacked-me-in-germany-ekweremadu/

2 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany by sharpden: 10:58pm On Aug 19, 2019
lalasticlala

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany by dollytino4real(f): 11:03pm On Aug 19, 2019
beginning of new attacking system

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany by sharpden: 11:10pm On Aug 19, 2019
Since you guys think you can manipulate our security operatives down here when we protest, we have decided to wait for you people outside Nigeria.

132 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany by oluwadabira111(m): 11:17pm On Aug 19, 2019
We need ipob youth to start attacking allison madueke in uk

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany by isaacsegun(m): 11:20pm On Aug 19, 2019
He never anything...Useless corrupt people.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany by rikithor(m): 11:21pm On Aug 19, 2019
learn how to drive better than you had known
check us below

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany by amaniro: 11:32pm On Aug 19, 2019
oluwadabira111:
We need ipob youth to start attacking allison madueke in uk

She does not go to any social gathering. She hides herself in the UK. Very devious woman.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany by Platony(m): 10:04am On Aug 20, 2019
Baseless undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany by BlackfireX: 10:05am On Aug 20, 2019
Agreed.

Those crazy Ipob are waiting for you at a yam festival in another location in Germany, bring along Joe igbokwe, Chris ngige, umahi, okezie ikpeazu,

grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany by brightleave(m): 10:05am On Aug 20, 2019
today is my birthday show some love guys

82 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany by phransix2: 10:05am On Aug 20, 2019
Sorry Sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany by maestroferdi: 10:05am On Aug 20, 2019
Bloggers and mindless sensationalism...

When will there be reasonable employment to take people off lazy dramatization and all what not?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany by BabaIbo: 10:06am On Aug 20, 2019
LoL, which alcohol be that?

Next time, travel to Italy or Malaysia or Indonesia go eat yam o

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany by frankmoney(m): 10:06am On Aug 20, 2019
The heading of this post is funny . " Why ipob beat me ".

Like he's a child

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany by Katenavas(m): 10:06am On Aug 20, 2019
BUHARI PLEASE COME TO CYPRUS, I want to check something

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany by Chibuzoc(m): 10:06am On Aug 20, 2019
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 20, 2019
undecided

When we gon' see/hear the last of this?

Who else doesn't give a fcck?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany by Duplik8t77(m): 10:06am On Aug 20, 2019
Ekweremadu is trending. Next is buhari. Na then dem go know sey nigerians are waking up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany by Pavore9: 10:07am On Aug 20, 2019
I think they were just people who were misdirected and misguided. I had the feeling they were under the influence of alcohol. They don’t represent the feelings of our people. There is nothing to worry about,”......It has nothing to do with alcohol!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:08am On Aug 20, 2019
So strong

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany by Mrshape: 10:08am On Aug 20, 2019
What an insult
He said they are drunk.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany by eben2marketer: 10:09am On Aug 20, 2019
angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany by princemillla(m): 10:10am On Aug 20, 2019
Lol at headline - why they beat me

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany by Commentor: 10:10am On Aug 20, 2019
Drunkards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany by chudez0147(m): 10:10am On Aug 20, 2019
Na so e suppose be..
Next time you have to think twice before going to another mans land to eat yam!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu: Why IPOB Members Attacked Me In Germany by sylve11: 10:10am On Aug 20, 2019
grin grin grin cool

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Audu’s Supporters Push For Son As Replacement In Kogi Governorship Poll / Nigerian Military Or FRSC, Who Did It Better? / Thomas Ekpemupolo, Tompolo's Father Dies - Gbaramatu Voice Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.