Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,950 members, 7,806,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

“we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana (23930 Views)

APC And Abacha Forces Inject Dirty Money To Hijack Ann,but Hashim Is Unstoppable / Plateau Killings: We Will Not Allow Another Rwanda Genocide – UK House Of Lords / GEJ Served IBB And Abacha 1993-98. As MKO And Saro Wiwa Cry For Justice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

“we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by HeWrites(m): 4:09am On Aug 20, 2019
Femi Falana (SAN), renowned human rights lawyer, has stated that many political leaders in Nigeria have called for revolution at one point or the other, and the call for revolution in the country is not new.

Falana stated this on Monday, August 19 while speaking at a symposium organised by Coalition for Revolution (CORE) in Lagos.

Igbere TV gathers that the senior advocate said during the colonial rule, Nigerians had called for revolution. However, he said unlike what is obtainable now, those who had called for revolution in those days were not charged with treason.

He said: “Let the authorities in Abuja know that call for revolution is not new. Political leaders in this country have been calling for revolution and nobody charged them.

“When Nigeria was at this stage in the 1940's, a group of young Nigerians, the Zikists, gathered at Glover Hall (Lagos).

“Their leader, Osita Agbonna, delivered a lecture titled “A Call For Revolution” and those who shared the same thoughts with them were arrested and charged with sedition, that they were trying to embarrass the colonial regime.

“They were not charged with treason or treasonable felony.”

Falana further stated that he was reminded of the era of military dictatorship when the venue of the symposium was cordoned off by the police and State Security Services earlier on Monday.

He said: “When we were outside and were told the symposium will not hold, my mind went back to 30 years ago during the Babangida and then the Abacha junta when we could not meet.

“We defeated both dictators and I can assure you that any other dictator will not be allowed to rear his ugly head.”

The legal luminary said those disturbing the peace of the country were known by the government.

He said: “The Buhari administration knows those who are breaching the peace of Nigeria- terrorists, armed robbers, herdsmen, coup plotters and others.

“Those who went on the street to protest in exercise of their right to assembly and complain against injustice, corruption and maladministration in our country cannot be said to have breached the peace in our country."

Falana pointed out that revolution is a long and tedious journey, and urged members of the Revolution Now movement to persevere.

He said: “A revolution, like Chairman Mao Tse Tung said, is not a dinner party. A revolution is a very serious, rigorous and consistent battle for the soul of a country.

Presidential panel laments protection of corrupt of individuals “What you have done is mere declaration of intention. The journey is going to be intense, take time, but I believe we have started and there is no going back.”

Recall that Igbere TV previously reported that the police sealed off the venue of a symposium where Nobel laureate Professor Wole Soyinka, Femi Falana and other speakers were to speak on the insecurity bedevilling the country.

Police vans were seen at strategic locations around the venue, 46 Ibijoke street, Oluyole bus-stop, Oregun, Lagos.

http://igberetvnews.com/914330/just-in-we-defeated-ibb-and-abacha-we-wont-allow-another-dictator-femi-falana/

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by Kingpee2(m): 4:11am On Aug 20, 2019
We don’t need your media propaganda,go and say this words to their faces..

99 Likes 10 Shares

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by chinavs9ja(m): 4:52am On Aug 20, 2019
Yes ooo...God is our strength

I am a professional website designer...check my signature

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by Nobody: 4:52am On Aug 20, 2019
Talk...talk. Criticize openly, hug secretly. I use to question the intelligence of we Nigerians. We know these people, yet still doing nothing to face them and we call ourselves intelligent people. Intelligent indeed.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by chuks000(m): 4:52am On Aug 20, 2019
I give it to this guy, him sha get mouth

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by Nobody: 4:53am On Aug 20, 2019
Yes oo

Check my siggy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by Actuarydeji(m): 4:53am On Aug 20, 2019
This man should go and sit down jare! Is he not the part of the problem of this country? Abegi!!!!! We are sick and tired of your generation.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by eleko1: 4:54am On Aug 20, 2019
sad may baba Ruga not Rugalized una

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by kenzysmith: 4:58am On Aug 20, 2019
So u were among the people who paid the indian woman to give abacha apple ba? This guy should be arrested for this reckless statments.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by olu77(m): 4:59am On Aug 20, 2019
That is inconclusive.

IBB and Abacha right now

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by Chekwube1989(m): 4:59am On Aug 20, 2019
U are just talking we all no our useless president don't give a damn if u no u no

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by ikorodureporta: 4:59am On Aug 20, 2019
oga lala, orange don scarce here-o! & I no know why.
abt a month now, I no see orange buy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by SillyMods: 5:01am On Aug 20, 2019
Pained soul.

Mumu man, isn't it the law court that detains Sowore?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by abimbolabolaw(m): 5:01am On Aug 20, 2019
A New Dawn For Nigeria
Sitting relaxed,atop a cool grass-field rock, Jutting out proudly over the calm blue ocean �

I stared in stoned-wonder,help captive by the magnificent rising of the yellow sun ☀️

Ascending,Gracefully across the serene horizon And ushering in the bright and long awaited new world �

A world free from the shackles of Religion
Unheld by the chains of Ethnicity, Devoid of the differences in Colour

A world wrapped up in the warm covers of Peace Overshadowed by the immutable display of inestimable Love ❤️

A world tongue-deep in sincere Equality Lacking the Political,Social,and Economic Segregation
Where non is Poor or Hungry

A violence free community where morality stand overall scoring on all points,in all ramifications

I see a World where there are no foes but friends,where the lions � lie closely with the lambs sharing,caring,and rapturously cherishing one another

A world where the Natural unites with the Supernatural to form a Universal Positive Whole stamped with Truth and Justice...

This New World which I speak of begins with you��

You can make a difference,I can make a change and together we can all make Nigeria �� a better day

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by frankobaba(m): 5:03am On Aug 20, 2019
I WISH U CAN TELL THEM TO THEIR FCVKING FACES.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by Onlinealaba(m): 5:03am On Aug 20, 2019
Wait does he mean he just called the incumbent a dictator, who else is seeing this grin..well I won't say more than this

CHECK MY PROFILE, your electronics at best prices

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by dokie: 5:04am On Aug 20, 2019
You were expecting a former military head of state with a track record of intolerance to become a democrat at old age right?

It's unfortunate that many respected activists in Nigeria don't understand the principle of a lesser evil. If they did, they would never have supported buhari in the first place.

Just look where we are today.

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by EagleNest(m): 5:09am On Aug 20, 2019
Since when did Falana become a turn coat, I thought he was surreptitiously supporting Buhari as per "herd" mentality of average Nigerian. It seems his eyes has opened a little bit. That man in Aso Rock is not for listening, in fact he doest give a hoot.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by israelmao(m): 5:14am On Aug 20, 2019
Wahalai Falana,you and other intellectual fools have allowed me already by paving way for my victory in 2015 so enjoy this dictatorship while it lasts.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by Susu888(m): 5:14am On Aug 20, 2019
Femi... u better watch ur mouth O grin. Make u no join Sowere nd Zaks for detention.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by Kiezodumah(m): 5:18am On Aug 20, 2019
I didn't bother to read tho... As a counsel to elzakzaky does he want to tell us that he never knew his terrorist client was never in detention but was living close to the senate president under house arrest ?? Who is he deceiving ?. Any right thinking Nigerian who stands for truth without prejudice wouldnt be pleased to see a respectable figure such as he is to represent a controversial personality in zakzaky.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by felixawe(m): 5:21am On Aug 20, 2019
can u build a web application site ,that is dynamic website?
chinavs9ja:
Yes ooo...God is our strength

I am a professional website designer...check my signature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by israelmao(m): 5:26am On Aug 20, 2019
Kiezodumah:
I didn't bother to read tho... As a counsel to elzakzaky does he want to tell us that he never knew his terrorist client was never in detention but was living close to the senate president under house arrest ?? Who is he deceiving ?. Any right thinking Nigerian who stands for truth without prejudice wouldnt be pleased to see a respectable figure such as he is to represent a controversial personality in zakzaky.
Always read before you comment,a good and wise judge always takes his time to hear from the parties involved before passing judgment.All leaders may not be readers but all readers are leaders.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by anonimi: 5:30am On Aug 20, 2019
israelmao:
Wahalai, Falana you have allowed me already by paving way for my victory in 2015 so enjoy this dictatorship while it lasts.

Gbam!
Gbamer!!
Gbamest!!! grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6455791_img20171223213452227_jpegaba3147253e469fb84a244a27892199c

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by chinavs9ja(m): 5:30am On Aug 20, 2019
felixawe:
can u build a web application site ,that is dynamic website?
Yes I can develop a web application website with multi functions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by Aystarz: 5:33am On Aug 20, 2019
frankobaba:
I WISH U CAN TELL THEM TO THEIR FCVKING FACES.

They are listening.... and that makes him and his message deadly enough

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by vertueptime: 5:34am On Aug 20, 2019
Actuarydeji:
This man should go and sit down jare! Is he not the part of the problem of this country? Abegi!!!!! We are sick and tired of your generation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by vertueptime: 5:34am On Aug 20, 2019
Actuarydeji:

U are, speak for urself

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by anonimi: 5:34am On Aug 20, 2019
Susu888:
Femi... u better watch ur mouth O grin. Make u no join Sowere nd Zaks for detention.

Plus Obasanjo, Thiefnuibu, Oby Ezekwesili and the other notables among the 200 million mumus in the geographical space called naijeriya who packaged & promoted barawo bubu in 2015 as the messiah and saviour to replace Jonathan.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4222476_screenshot20160911081825_pnga079f323856f9c10f5d1f4a856757173

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4308685_fbimg1472700371355_jpegfc9e9523f33b084a0d9aca369816a43b

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by vertueptime: 5:36am On Aug 20, 2019
Onlinealaba:
Wait does he mean he just called the incumbent a dictator, who else is seeing this grin..well I won't say more than this

CHECK MY PROFILE, your electronics at best prices

Is he not a dictator?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: “we Defeated IBB And Abacha, We Won’t Allow Another Dictator” — Femi Falana by Nobody: 5:38am On Aug 20, 2019
Sir, this one you are speaking up now , were you waiting for an appointment that never came?

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dignitaries At Enugu Hospital To Visit Rangers Player After Fracture. Photos / Calling Uzodinma ‘Supreme Court Governor’ Is Derogatory – Imo Elders Warn / Wike: Appointment Of Onochie As INEC Commissioner Is To Rig 2023 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.