Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

30% Reduction In Tuition Fees: Relief For Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 30% Reduction In Tuition Fees: Relief For Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Students (7133 Views)

Violence Mars Rufus Giwa Polytechnic SUG Election, One Student Dead (Graphic) / Rufus Giwa Polytechnic School Fees For 2019/2020 Session - Talkgeria / Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Shut Down Indefinitely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

30% Reduction In Tuition Fees: Relief For Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Students by ayfay047(f): 9:36am On Aug 20, 2019
In what has been described as a proof to the Akeredolu led administration to listen and heed to the voice of the good people of Ondo state, and protecting the interest of students in the state, the management of the Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Owo, Ondo State has announced a new approved tuition fee for the 2019/2020 academic session.

The newly approved tuition fee sees a 30% reduction compared to the previous years.

The 30% reduction of the tuition fee is coming as a result of the intervention of the state government in ensuring that qualitative education is made available and accessible to the good people of Ondo state.

The institution established in the year 1979 has been thrown into public discourse in the past few months due to the state of the previous tuition fee structure, which was described "overtly too high and backbreaking" considering the present state of the nation's economic realities.

The students, parents and other stakeholders had pleaded to the Akeredolu led administration to help in the reduction of the tuition fee, in response to this pleads Governor Akeredolu had stated that the state Government cannot alone continue to bear the burden of running tertiary institutions in the state, nevertheless promised to look into the review of the tuition fee.

The Akeredolu led administration must be commended for its readiness and willingness to put first the interest of the Nigerian students and that of the state in general.

Parents,Guardians and students of the institution can now look forward to a new academic session with utmost sense of relief and joy.

The newly approved tuition fee structure will see the ND 1 and 2, Science amd Non Science based pay a paltry sum of 70,600.00 and 67,000,00 respectively. While the HND 1 and 2 Science and Non Science are to pay 77,600,00 and 72,700,00.

For the Non indigent students, ND 1 and 2 Science and Non Science students will be required to pay a sum of 77,600.00 and 74,100.00 while the HND 1 and 2 Science and Non science students are to pay 86,000.00 and 81,000.00

Amudipe Opeyemi Marcus
TCC NEWS

Source: http://ondostate.gov.ng/Home/NewsItem/30-percent-reduction-in-tuition-fees--relief-for-Rufus-Giwa-Polytechnic-students

Re: 30% Reduction In Tuition Fees: Relief For Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Students by looseweight: 10:05am On Aug 20, 2019
Election is in the corner.. shocked shocked shocked

The institution logo seems crowded angry sad

5 Likes

Re: 30% Reduction In Tuition Fees: Relief For Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Students by SEEDORF441(m): 10:05am On Aug 20, 2019
What is the news all about self
Re: 30% Reduction In Tuition Fees: Relief For Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Students by Ovisthanks(m): 10:06am On Aug 20, 2019
Okay
Re: 30% Reduction In Tuition Fees: Relief For Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Students by goodnessme02: 10:06am On Aug 20, 2019
Re: 30% Reduction In Tuition Fees: Relief For Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Students by Okaakoko(m): 10:07am On Aug 20, 2019
Good

1 Like

Re: 30% Reduction In Tuition Fees: Relief For Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Students by Funkybabee(f): 10:08am On Aug 20, 2019
this is expensive for state poly!!
check my sign, order to support a sister

2 Likes

Re: 30% Reduction In Tuition Fees: Relief For Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Students by eben2marketer: 10:09am On Aug 20, 2019
grin
Re: 30% Reduction In Tuition Fees: Relief For Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Students by Funmmyastic: 10:09am On Aug 20, 2019
Nice one.
Re: 30% Reduction In Tuition Fees: Relief For Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Students by Blessings4me(m): 10:10am On Aug 20, 2019
He was the one who increased it before, so whats the fuss about?

1 Like

Re: 30% Reduction In Tuition Fees: Relief For Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Students by ecclize: 10:11am On Aug 20, 2019
This man na scam...
The man that has the heart to increase AAUA tuition fees to almost 150%..
Is now trying to form good by slashing another school tuition fee by 30%
Politicians are fraud indeed

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30% Reduction In Tuition Fees: Relief For Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Students by Naus(m): 10:11am On Aug 20, 2019
Though commendable but why wait till election is around the corner ?

This is why I cant support a single tenure for Nigeria politicians who dish out dividends of democracy only for their 2nd term ambitions.

Single tenure means no show for the masses...May God save us from their wickedness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30% Reduction In Tuition Fees: Relief For Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Students by ecclize: 10:13am On Aug 20, 2019
Funmmyastic:
Nice one.
There is nothing nice about this the man is a fraud all this is for the forthcoming election
Check is academic record since he became governor he has always be a pain in the ass for students and parents
Re: 30% Reduction In Tuition Fees: Relief For Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Students by Seyzi(m): 10:14am On Aug 20, 2019
smile wonders shall never end. what's the difference from 108,000 to 75,000 for HND 2. honestly I need money to move out this country
Re: 30% Reduction In Tuition Fees: Relief For Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Students by BlackfireX: 10:16am On Aug 20, 2019
Ordinary #70,000+ ,poor people are still complaining..... Na wa o, poverty dey this country o
Re: 30% Reduction In Tuition Fees: Relief For Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Students by kayceeD2(m): 10:17am On Aug 20, 2019
Citytrend:
Leaders in this part of the world have one thing in common. They all know the use and dump their people. All this Drama just because of election

Anyway, i will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 1k. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up on WhatsApp
Come and design one for me
Re: 30% Reduction In Tuition Fees: Relief For Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Students by ecclize: 10:17am On Aug 20, 2019
If this man should win his second time bid, it will spell a political disaster for the good people of Ondo state...
I they they don't make such avoidable mistake

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30% Reduction In Tuition Fees: Relief For Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Students by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 20, 2019
This is too much compare to what we non indigenes paid during our time in ibadan(the poly). And anyway no matter what aketi is doing or have done, he needs to return back to Lagos. He's selling us out. It's time for Jegede to take up the mantle.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30% Reduction In Tuition Fees: Relief For Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Students by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 20, 2019
ecclize:
If this man should win his second time bid, it will spell a political disaster for the good people of Ondo state...
I they they don't make such avoidable mistake
we can never make such mistake. We'll return him back to Lagos come next year. He's a foolish sell-out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30% Reduction In Tuition Fees: Relief For Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Students by luminouz(m): 10:29am On Aug 20, 2019
IntrovertedK:
we can never make such mistake. We'll return him back to Lagos come next year. He's a foolish sell-out
How is he a sellout?
Re: 30% Reduction In Tuition Fees: Relief For Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Students by follock007(m): 10:30am On Aug 20, 2019
What a Universal Relief for the Rufus's...
Re: 30% Reduction In Tuition Fees: Relief For Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Students by ecclize: 10:39am On Aug 20, 2019
IntrovertedK:
The man has really shown us that he is dimwit and petty...
He is a political fraud imagine the treachery things is doing just to win second term

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30% Reduction In Tuition Fees: Relief For Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Students by Georgry(m): 10:43am On Aug 20, 2019
He increased the school fees himself before so there's nothing good in what he just did...

In term of Education I'd score Aketi 0%.

AAUA is no no go Area now for the poor masses. A lot of students had to drop out when the school fees was increased.

Rugipo school fees is still outrageous compare to what was on ground before....

Aketi is Trying to influence the media and it's very visible here in Nairaland.

I'm a student from Owo lga, Ondo State.... But I have to to move to Edo state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30% Reduction In Tuition Fees: Relief For Rufus Giwa Polytechnic Students by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 20, 2019
luminouz:

How is he a sellout?
he is selling us out through his wife. He's giving out contracts that can be done by indigenes and indigenious company to his wifes'.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Former OAU SUG President Graduates After 13 Years [PICTURED] / 6 Signs that Shows You Are Intelligent / My Experience Living In A Muslim-populated Hostel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.