Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,803 members, 7,806,242 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Should I Relocate?is Living Abroad Or In Abuja That Lucrative? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Relocate?is Living Abroad Or In Abuja That Lucrative? (1496 Views)

What Are The Realities Of Living Abroad Today? / Should I Go For Msc Abroad Or Stay With My Job / Do I Relocate Abroad Despite Having A Bright Career Here In Nigeria ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Relocate?is Living Abroad Or In Abuja That Lucrative? by donmexy1: 12:31pm On Oct 22, 2010
hello peeps.im a 32yr old unmarried business man.i run a thriving satchet water company based in zaria, kaduna state and with a staff strenght of about 40 people.i also supply petroleum products once in a while to companies.my major problem is that (1)the town is a small town and as such i feel as if im being limited.also i dream big dreams and i feel i might not be able to achieve them here(2) my work is so time consuming that i hardly ever have time for myself but the money i make compared to the time and energy invested is nothing.at times i feel like relocating to a bigger town like abuja where there are more oppurtunities, but that in its own is a very difficult task, i dont know if i should leave the business and get a job or if should move abroad, or change my line of business and relocate to another town, please people what do u think?
Re: Should I Relocate?is Living Abroad Or In Abuja That Lucrative? by hasyak(m): 1:03pm On Oct 22, 2010
it really depends on what you want, personally i will advise that since u r already on your own and doing sometin, i believe you should develop your biz maybe go into other biz. abt moving to another location, it also depends on what you r going there for. i will not advise you move and start all over again, you can start by visiting and doing some research on the biz on your area of interest. from that u can make up your mind. basically life is all about risk taking but be guided.
Re: Should I Relocate?is Living Abroad Or In Abuja That Lucrative? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Oct 23, 2010
Don't drop the business. I don't believe Zaria is too small for business. I know somebody that started in even a smaller town than Zaria, Offa, but is not a multi-millinaire. He started with small scale block making industry in 1984, but today boasts of a group: petrol station, primary school, secondary school, pre-university preparatory school, college of education and his university is still in progress. All his business life and empire are in a small town of Offa.
So I don't think Zaria is too small to make it. Innovate, introduce new business idea, give a shot diversifying. You may however carry out a survey and feasibility study of your business in Abuja. Since you have up to 40 staff, I believe you can give the Zaria outfit to a trusted person to oversee for you, while you give Abuja a trial. But pls don't drop the Zaria business outright for an untested, uncertain Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Should I Relocate?is Living Abroad Or In Abuja That Lucrative? by LouisThoro: 12:26pm On Oct 24, 2010
look. Rule out the moving abroad bit. What will you go and do there and with what visa?
Re: Should I Relocate?is Living Abroad Or In Abuja That Lucrative? by tkb417(m): 8:38am On Oct 26, 2010
Good responses

continue with the Zaria biz and see how you can expand to Abuja

1 Like

Re: Should I Relocate?is Living Abroad Or In Abuja That Lucrative? by BAKAREAAT(m): 5:21pm On Oct 28, 2010
My little contribution is that be wise and make informed business decision.
Take your time .you can adopt parralel change over .that is you can be running your business at the same time put the other options to test although it might be quiet expensive .Be wise
Pray and my prayer for you is that you will make the right decision.
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Should I Relocate?is Living Abroad Or In Abuja That Lucrative? by olawonder(m): 12:59pm On Nov 04, 2010
I'd say move! many, if not all, of Nigeria's wealthy business men and women became successful in big cities. You'd be surprised to know that all of the profit you currently make in a year would be made in just a month, or two in a city like Abuja, without using up all of your time as you do now. It's a great feeling, and a good spirit of success, follow your mind!

(1) (Reply)

Does Anyone Have A Copy Of The New Employee Compensation Act / 2015 Opportunities - Students And Fresh Graduate Recruitment / Its Almost Resumption Date For Afriscope Academy. Take Advantage Of This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.