Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? - TV/Movies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? (21059 Views)

Murray-Bruce, Lai Mohammed At Genevieve Nnaji's Movie Premiere In Abuja / Enough With Nollywood Criticism - Time For Hollywood Criticism. / Ramsey Nouah And Emeka Enyiocha For Hollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Fadajasi(m): 5:11am On Jun 06, 2007
comon lets dont beat around d bush.its simple and straight forward nollywood is nowhere to be found in the movie industry atleast 4 now
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by 9ja4eva: 5:13am On Jun 06, 2007
How come dey r d 2nd/3rd highest producing industry in d world?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by fekuti: 5:16am On Jun 06, 2007
period.

fadajasi your post = classic!
naija4eva, there's a diff. btw quantity & quality. i feel embarassed when my bro's askin people to watch naija films. they end up leavin like 2 mins. into the film.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by 9ja4eva: 5:19am On Jun 06, 2007
Most people dnt like hollywood movies too.Its a matter of choice u know.

For most Nollywood rocks n for most Hollywood rocks.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by fekuti: 5:25am On Jun 06, 2007
i like naija films, i just wishd they'd clean it up and fine tune it.
makes me wanna become a director/producer.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by 9ja4eva: 5:25am On Jun 06, 2007
lol

We getting better
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by sexyponkie: 4:52pm On Jun 06, 2007
i just think all you ladies are jealous of genevieve.so if you can not act i beg dont talk about hollywood as if you have ever been there.i believe genevieve can make it and has achieved a lot for herself.its sad that some of you cant just be happy for her and not jealous.very disappointing.if you have never been on tv i beg pliz dnt talk about celebrities as if your own face has ever appeared in as much as a advert.i beg.genevieve can do it.if thandie newton,a zimbabwean can act as tom cruise's galfriend in mission impossible 2 and can win an award for acting in crash,if charlize theron can win an award and yet she is african so can genevieve.dnt discourage her please
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by 9ja4eva: 9:38pm On Jun 06, 2007
Tell dem oh

- me
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by nnenneigbo(f): 9:44pm On Jun 06, 2007
sexyponkie:

i just think all you ladies are jealous of genevieve.so if you can not act i beg don't talk about hollywood as if you have ever been there.i believe genevieve can make it and has achieved a lot for herself.its sad that some of you can't just be happy for her and not jealous.very disappointing.if you have never been on tv i beg pliz dnt talk about celebrities as if your own face has ever appeared in as much as a advert.i beg.genevieve can do it.if thandie newton,a zimbabwean can act as tom cruise's galfriend in mission impossible 2 and can win an award for acting in crash,if charlize theron can win an award and yet she is african so can genevieve.dnt discourage her please

well said, thank you. u don hear em, all you jealous people let the jelousy go and you shall indeed be free and progress yourself. hehehe
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by BlkDiamond(f): 1:18am On Jun 07, 2007
she can try but yeah right. dreamer
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by 9ja4eva: 2:08am On Jun 07, 2007
She can make it cos shes a star
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by fekuti: 5:41am On Jun 07, 2007
the only thing she's starring in is the nigerian sharon stone grin
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by BlkDiamond(f): 6:03am On Jun 07, 2007
thank u fekuti but man ''hey'' who knows
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by sexyponkie: 10:59am On Jun 07, 2007
genie is good.FULL STOP, shocked
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by 9ja4eva: 9:24am On Jun 10, 2007
She is a star
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by mimi4eva(f): 3:54pm On Jul 20, 2007
without doubt genevieve is a very good actress and i believe she has a true gift of acting in a natural more composed manner than many of those other peeps out there in nollywood.  However i am very disappointed that she feels nolly wood may be on the same level as Hollywood. It is no where near the standards that these peeps put into their industry, its not a joke, they dont finish making a film in one week, it can take them up to 5yrs to make one film, that is to tell you the quality and time they put into getting the best.If a scene is not on point it will be done again, and again and again. lets even forget about the budget alone and focus on the acting in Holly there is no space for mess ups, they even have voice coaches to get everyone on point. That is why you can have an american person doing a perfect english accent or australian accent.( I cant believe she said that! then she will be in for a shock when she gets there!)
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by 9ja4eva: 6:16am On Jul 22, 2007
Well Nollywood is getting dere so we never can tell,

Genny is class to act anywhere
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Akuigbe(f): 9:55am On Aug 31, 2007
For me, I have the confidence that she can make it blc of the kind of person she is.
i know shie is up to something smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
smiley
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Akuigbe(f): 9:56am On Aug 31, 2007
For me, I have the confidence that she can make it blc of the kind of person she is.
i know she is up to something smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
smiley
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by 9ja4eva: 1:49am On Sep 01, 2007
Right

Besides Hollywood no be heaven
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by spoilt(f): 4:06pm On Nov 19, 2007
People forget that hollywood is a land of opportunity.
So many immigrants have made it big in hollywood. Some very big names in hollywood arent even american. There is a part for everyone. Gennevieve is a classic beauty. I dont know anyone in hollywood that looks like her. She will make it big as a cross over actress. You always have to start small and claw your way to the top. If Rihanna from barbados can take hollywood by storm with her heavy accent our Genny can too! cool
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by katchy(f): 8:05pm On Nov 19, 2007
grin
FOR ALL THE GENEVIEVE HATERS, THIS CHICK IS BANG ON TREND FULL STOP. SHE IS A GOOD ACTRESS AND SHE HAS THE CHARISMA THAT WILL SOUR HER TO GREAT HEIGHTS IN HOLLYWOOD. WITH MY EXPERIENCE IN LIFE, I HAVE LEANT THAT ANYBODY CAN MAKE IT ANYWHERE , ALL YOU NEED IS SHEER DETERMINATION AND SELF BELEIF.
GO GENNY GO GENNY
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by 9ja4eva: 5:09am On Nov 23, 2007
Genny is a born star
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Besincere: 5:19pm On Nov 24, 2007
Ladies and Gentlemen,it is high time you come out of your inferiority complex,always carried away when America is mentioned !.I mean if you have not lived in United States,there is that propensity for you to think that, it even exists in another planet or is hanging next door to GOD'S PALACE.
I find it amusing that the very people that look down on Nigeria and all that Nigeria has, including their movie/film industry are mainly Nigerians themselves,WHY?.This is just because of INFERIORITY COMPLEX. COME ON PEOPLE, COME OFF THIS DISEASE.United States is over 400 years yet all you can learn from their movies is just SEX,CHEATING,and display of all forms of immoralities without consequences.
I would never advise GENEVIEVE to reduce her dignity by making any attempt to join Hollywood, unless she is now ready to be naked at all times and be acting only sexually palatable scenes which the majority of Americans want.
I mean, is high time you START appreciating yourselves and STOP debasing yourselves because even though Nigeria is only 40 years + ,they direct and act original stories that will leave you with a lot of intelligent lessons at the end of your 2 hours of watching.This is very gratifying. cool
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by fyneyes: 4:49pm On Nov 26, 2007
has there been any "Nollywood" actor or actress in hollywood?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by mellow(m): 4:54pm On Nov 26, 2007
fyneyes:

has there been any "Nollywood" actor or actress in hollywood?

Where did RMD do the movie Micheal Power? I am just wondering.
[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by fyneyes: 5:04pm On Nov 26, 2007
Micheal Power is South African,so the movie is a south african movie.

the deal is all Nigerians that are in Hollywood were never Nollywood actors,so the so called Nollywood actors and actresses have a long way to go,and whether genevieve for Hollywood will ever happen? we'll have to watch.

mediocrity breeds, ?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by eezzy(f): 10:17am On Nov 27, 2007
Gene is good - hell very good as an actress. Given the chance
she can make it in hollywood, bollywood and all the other woods on God's
earth. After all all those actors in hollywood are they not mere mortals
like everyone else. So whats the big deal! undecided
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by jiddah: 11:46am On Nov 27, 2007
what is the big deal?

the big deal is that hollywood is producing movies that nollywood would not have produced in the 20 years if they keep at the pace and stupidity that they are moving and workin on. and of course they aree mere mortals with better skills and with an urge to improve whatever they are doing, look in the nigerian "context" Gene is a good actress lets just leave her at home(nollywood) than wish her to get to hollywood cos she aint going anyway cept ghana(maybe to shoot another video.

and who do you think they will cast her with? Nicole Kidman? Charlize theron?,or halle Berry?

give me a break! cool
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by eezzy(f): 1:45pm On Nov 27, 2007
jiddah:

what is the big deal?

the big deal is that hollywood is producing movies that nollywood would not have produced in the 20 years if they keep at the pace and stupidity that they are moving and workin on. and of course they aree mere mortals with better skills and with an urge to improve whatever they are doing, look in the nigerian "context" Gene is a good actress lets just leave her at home(nollywood) than wish her to get to hollywood because she aint going anyway cept ghana(maybe to shoot another video.

and who do you think they will cast her with? Nicole Kidman? Charlize theron?,or halle Berry?

give me a break! cool

Obviously you did not get what I was insinuating and came out fighting without verifiction of facts.
Let me disseminate it to you slowly.

All those people you named Nicole, Charlize, Halle Berry etc etc - is it that they fell from heaven acting.
Did they not start somewhere like eveyone else.  And the hollywood you are boasting of producting super movies, did they start with those super movies that nollywood cannot produce - did they not start with movies like charlie chaplin which are neither here nor there today.  How old is hollywood and how old is nollywood.  Are you God that you should predict what would happen 20 years from today!!!? angry

I insist that Genevieve can make it in Hollywood and not just her, but every other person who is good at what they do and are willing to learn given the chance. Am proud of what we have - if you are not, then take the break you asked for anot stop being a pain!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by jeffoski(m): 6:53pm On Nov 27, 2007
you've spoken like a true nigerian and God bless you.i don't know why some people will just be beefing others without getting their fact right i see it as a notices me character.what is wrong with Gene going to hollywood to act?do they have 2heads there or what.i agree that they act better than us (but not all of them)but onces she get's there she'll blend because she'll be operating in another another enviroment where she can learn and improve greatly .one thing i notices about our nollywood actors and actress is that some of them are good very good but the kind of script given to them to act that's where the problem is.most of all the stories we see are mostly based on love and ritual club(as if that all that happens in nigeria)let move to other area or start makebelieving for onces and see what happens?
well apart from Genevieve to me i also see some of this actress making it in hollywood
Bimbo Akintola
Dakore
Joke sliver
with a little touch here and there they'll make it after all we Nigerians and no matter where we are you must notices us.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by yimiton(f): 1:02pm On Nov 28, 2007
She's good in Nollywood, I can't contest that.

But Nollywood, I doubt if she'll ever get there how much more get to the top of the ladder.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Doyin Evicted From Big Brother Naija House & Moved To Level 3 / Names Of Interesting Korean Movies / Photos From Bbnaija Old School Themed Saturday Night Party - Week 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.