Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,686 members, 7,801,982 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? (111307 Views)

Why Do Muslims Face The East ? / Why Do Muslims Face Mecca When Praying? / Why Do Muslims Face The Moon? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 11:37pm On May 23, 2007
ok
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 11:38pm On May 23, 2007
ok
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 11:49pm On May 23, 2007
ok
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 11:51pm On May 23, 2007
Al sharpton,it seems you're on the wrong thread,try the love section
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 11:55pm On May 23, 2007
ok
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 11:56pm On May 23, 2007
yes mr oloshi.there is
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 11:58pm On May 23, 2007
ok
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 12:03am On May 24, 2007
ok
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by mimiko(f): 9:54am On May 24, 2007
yeah, you are on the right path to enternal damnation
this is total display of ignorance
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TellyB(m): 10:45am On May 24, 2007
@mimiko,

Welcome on board. Are you a muslim? If you are, could you please seek to address this question for me:

Is it true that EVERY Muslim will enter HELL fire?

Are they told how to get out of HELL alive after they've entered into it
?

Thanks.  smiley
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by nossycheek(f): 10:55am On May 24, 2007
@mimiko

welcome on board. Feed your eyes, use your brain and give your life a meaning. grin
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by nossycheek(f): 12:26pm On May 24, 2007
SAHIH BUKHARI

Volume 6, Book 60, Number 13:

Narrated Al-Bara:

The Prophet prayed facing Bait-ulMaqdis (i.e. Jerusalem) for sixteen or seventeen months but he wished that his Qibla would be the Ka'ba (at Mecca). (So Allah Revealed (2.144) and he offered 'Asr prayers (in his Mosque facing Ka'ba at Mecca) and some people prayed with him. A man from among those who had prayed with him, went out and passed by some people offering prayer in another mosque, and they were in the state of bowing. He said, "I, (swearing by Allah,) testify that I have prayed with the Prophet facing Mecca." Hearing that, they turned their faces to the Ka'ba while they were still bowing. Some men had died before the Qibla was changed towards the Ka'ba. They had been killed and we did not know what to say about them (i.e. whether their prayers towards Jerusalem were accepted or not). So Allah revealed:-- "And Allah would never make your faith (i.e. prayer) to be lost (i.e. your prayers offered (towards Jerusalem). Truly Allah is Full of Pity, Most Merciful towards mankind." (2.143)

When wishes in a religion changes to revealations, then there are fundamental problems which must be tackled.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by nuru(m): 1:33pm On May 24, 2007
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Of late, I have been preoccupied with official duties. By God's Grace, you would read from me soon.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TellyB(m): 10:47pm On May 24, 2007
@nuru,

Yep, we'd be looking forward to yours. smiley
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Sharn06: 11:24pm On May 24, 2007
Guys, guys, cool down. Was this thread meant to know where muslim's face when they fart? Or what? If we christians want to be true about things, we shouldn't judge others or condemn others. The most important thing is to believe in God(Allah). Take idol worshippers for example, you would never see them slugging it out over who the choose to talk to God through. Let's be matured about this. Let's learn more about God(Allah) in a friendly way. Remember to love your neighbor as yourself and do not judge. Thnx
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TellyB(m): 11:29pm On May 24, 2007
Sharn06:

Let's be matured about this. Let's learn more about God(Allah) in a friendly way. Remember to love your neighbor as yourself and do not judge. Thnx

That's great. We should endeavour to learn amicably. However, I think most of the issues raised here have been taken from Islam's holy books (like the question of 'answering nature's call'). If these issues are important enough to be found in those books, they're important enough to be discussed. smiley
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Dasuma(m): 11:51pm On May 24, 2007
THE GENERAL ATTRIBUTE OF MOST NON-MUSLIM'S TOWARD ISLAM IS THEIR ADVOCATIVE ILLETRACY. OLUTOMIWA SIMPLY SEND A POST ON SOMETHING TO BE CLARIFIED AND INSTEAD, SOME YAM HEADS, IDOLISTIC ILLETRATES DECIDES TO METAMORPHISE THIS IQ FORUM INTO A RELIGIOUS CONFRONTATION. embarassed
I LL LIKE TO CALL ON ALL WELL MEANING MEMBERS TO PLEASE CONDEMN THEIR ACTS. WE NEED SANITY AND RELIGIOUS TOLERANCE IN ALL FACETS OF OUR LIFE TO MOVE FORWARD-NAIRALAND INCLUSIVE. TOMIWA, KEEP THE QUESTIONS COMING AND I ASSURE YOU THEY WILL BE ANSWERED.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by TellyB(m): 11:55pm On May 24, 2007
Hi @Dasuma,

Dasuma:

INSTEAD, SOME YAM HEADS, IDOLISTIC ILLETRATES DECIDES TO METAMORPHISE THIS IQ FORUM INTO A RELIGIOUS CONFRONTATION. embarassed

Is this the way you advocate sanity and religious tolerance?
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 12:12am On May 25, 2007
ok
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by gbadex1(m): 12:20am On May 25, 2007
Dude, obviously prozac pills you've been taking are in short supply. You seriously need ta balance those anti-depressants. . . .
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 12:24am On May 25, 2007
Sharn06:

Guys, guys, cool down. Was this thread meant to know where muslim's face when they fart? Or what? If we christians want to be true about things, we shouldn't judge others or condemn others. The most important thing is to believe in God(Allah).

In one breath you claim to be a christian and yet still lump the biblical God with the idol allah? No matter how much proponents of political correctness, hypocrites and lukewarm christians try to spin it, we do not worship the same God.

Sharn06:

Take idol worshippers for example, you would never see them slugging it out over who the choose to talk to God through. Let's be matured about this. Let's learn more about God(Allah) in a friendly way. Remember to love your neighbor as yourself and do not judge. Thnx

What do you do when one side is prepared to "love their neighbor as themselves" and the other side is enjoined and actively encouraged to "kill apes and pigs" for a reward in "heaven"? It is amazing that EVERY SINGLE INDIVIDUAL who has come here calling for "love, judge not and maturity" have ONLY pointed their hypocritical sermons at christians!

Dasuma:

THE GENERAL ATTRIBUTE OF MOST NON-MUSLIM'S TOWARD ISLAM IS THEIR ADVOCATIVE ILLETRACY.

and the general "attitude" of muslims towards christians has been one of maturity and "advocative literacy"?

Dasuma:

OLUTOMIWA SIMPLY SEND A POST ON SOMETHING TO BE CLARIFIED AND INSTEAD, SOME YAM HEADS, IDOLISTIC ILLETRATES DECIDES TO METAMORPHISE THIS IQ FORUM INTO A RELIGIOUS CONFRONTATION.

After more than 8 pages no one has come up to "clarify" the question rather prefering to hide behind "ignorance".

Dasuma:

I LL LIKE TO CALL ON ALL WELL MEANING MEMBERS TO PLEASE CONDEMN THEIR ACTS. WE NEED SANITY AND RELIGIOUS TOLERANCE IN ALL FACETS OF OUR LIFE TO MOVE FORWARD-NAIRALAND INCLUSIVE. TOMIWA, KEEP THE QUESTIONS COMING AND I ASSURE YOU THEY WILL BE ANSWERED.[/b]

I hope you were among those who "condemned" the acts of the teenage girls in Gombe who killed their teacher, i hope you also called on "well meaning members aka politically correct members" to condemn those who spent the better part of their time here bastardising the bible and dragging the name of our God in the mud!
Perhaps your call for "religious tolerance" should start with your quran, suicide bombing martyrs and your sharia states!

Maybe instead of calling on Olutomiwa to "keep the questions coming" perhaps a sincere response would be to answer the very question that spawned this thread, the one that has remained unanswered after 8 pages.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 1:37am On May 25, 2007
ok
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 1:49am On May 25, 2007
Al Raheem:

Questions to The Wise?? How Can Nigeria survive it's Problems with all these Bashments at innocents Peopl. Did Muslims(frid) and Christians(sat&Sun) not Held Prayers in the Same Building During Muhammads Time.

That's what the hadith purports, there is no proof to support this. No genuine christian will be holding prayers in a mosque! Why arent we still holding prayers in the same building today and why does the quran refer to us as apes, pigs and kaffirs if truly we shld be worshipping in the same building?

Al Raheem:

Did he not have them as friends and never tried to changed them. When he had high chance of Anhilating them but never crossed his mind.

Until he got militarily strong enough to force them. Why are muslims who convert to christianity in danger of being killed by their own families? Why are muslim women forbidden to marry christian men? why are churches forbidden in Saudi Arabia but mosques are flourishing in Rome?

Al Raheem:

Is this same not true about them now in Jerusalem. Worshippin at the same Wall Is it not true in the city streets of Nigeria Today. What Chance our country has, with people like U's.

Get your history right! When East Jerusalem, the west bank (judea and samaria) and Gaza were under Jordanian control, jews were forbidden to worship at the mount of olives and the wailing wall. I'm sure you must be talking about a different Jerusalem; Are jews allowed to the temple mount?

Al Raheem:

A Order: To stop the Bashing if u are a tru Christian!!!! Wit your not really so Sarcasm of both religions. You must STOP!!!

No one is bashing, this is the poor excuse muslims are quick to resort to when their contradictions are exposed.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by WesleyanA(f): 1:53am On May 25, 2007

That's what the hadith purports, there is no proof to support this. No genuine christian will be holding prayers in a mosque! Why arent we still holding prayers in the same building today and why does the quran refer to us as apes, pigs and kaffirs if truly we shld be worshipping in the same building?

at the nigerian school i went to, we worshipped and held prayers together on the same grounds, building after school.

you're not the one to define who a genuine Christian is. but there certainly are many kinds of Christians, including close-minded and open-minded ones.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 2:02am On May 25, 2007
WesleyanA:

at the nigerian school i went to, we worshipped and held prayers together on the same grounds, building after school.

you're not the one to define who a genuine Christian is. but there certainly are many kinds of Christians, including close-minded and open-minded ones.

When we were in primary school we held prayers if you can call it that on the same grounds. How you can compare a serious issue as religion to little children who dont know their left from right reciting "prayers" is beyond me.

no i did not define who a genuine christian is, the bible is clear on what a model christian should be. When you run into a mature christian (not a 5 yr old primary school child) worshipping in a mosque or vice versa please let me know.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by AlRaheem(m): 2:10am On May 25, 2007
ok
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by WesleyanA(f): 2:13am On May 25, 2007
yadi yadi yada. mumble ramble. @david

you should have said kindergarten. 5 years old stay in kindergarten.
i guess the teachers also didn't have a clue what "serious issue as religion" meant.
Mr. "i know more than Jesus"

the bible is clear on what a model christian should be

yes. the bible also says that the sun stood still so that night wouldn't fall (joshua ). how is this possible if the earth rotates around the sun?

my point: it is left for christians to interpret the bible accordingly. some people read the bible close-mindedly. like you.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 2:17am On May 25, 2007
Al Raheem, face issues and stop chasing after individuals soon as you are exposed.

If i am lying so bad please forget me and point out those lies, taking care to provide us with ur truths. You claim you know  all you said is so true, then it should not be difficult to prove should it? When you guys accuse us of having our minds made up its because we refuse to take your errors hook line and sinker. Dont stand there telling me the jews and arabs pray at the same spot in Jerusalem when the same arabs have been seeking for a way to drive Jews out of their ancestral lands for the last 50 yrs!
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 2:19am On May 25, 2007
WesleyanA:

yadi yadi yada. mumble ramble. @david

you should have said kindergarten. 5 years old stay in kindergarten.
i guess the teachers also didn't have a clue what "serious issue as religion" meant.
Mr. "i know more than Jesus"

yes. the bible also says that the sun stood still so that night wouldn't fall (joshua ). how is this possible if the earth rotates around the sun?

my point: it is left for christians to interpret the bible accordingly. some people read the bible close-mindedly. like you.

Thank you ma'am, allow me to continue reading it so as long as you fail to show me WHY i read the bible closemindedly besides making personal insults rather than discussing issues.

You made a statement, i refuted it. Rather than explain your point more clearly you choose to go the way of personal insults. It is not difficult to see those who really have nothing to contribute.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by WesleyanA(f): 2:22am On May 25, 2007
al raheem's words
Did Muslims(frid) and Christians(sat&Sun) not Held Prayers in the Same Building During Muhammads Time.

davidylan's words
Dont stand there telling me the jews and arabs pray at the same spot in Jerusalem

Typical of Davidylan to try to twist people's words. why argue against a position that was never stated in the first place?
lol you got caught!!
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by WesleyanA(f): 2:24am On May 25, 2007
davidylan:

Thank you ma'am, allow me to continue reading it so as long as you fail to show me WHY i read the bible closemindedly besides making personal insults rather than discussing issues.

You made a statement, i refuted it. Rather than explain your point more clearly you choose to go the way of personal insults. It is not difficult to see those who really have nothing to contribute.

you didn't refute my statement. you refuted a made up statement YOU made.
you twisted my words and refuted the twisted words you made up. when did i claim to be 5 years old in my post?
you got caught again.
Re: Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? by Nobody: 2:29am On May 25, 2007
WesleyanA:

Typical of Davidylan to try to twist people's words. why argue against a position that was never stated in the first place?
lol you got caught!!

lol, its easy to note those who have no clue what they are talking about. Any good student of history knows that most of the time when mohammed refers to christians or people of the book it is in reference to jews. wink Pele. Ndo, go and read some more.

WesleyanA:

you didn't refute my statement. you refuted a made up statement YOU made.
you twisted my words and refuted the twisted words you made up. when did i claim to be 5 years old in my post?
you got caught again.

Again, you really dont have to read things literarilly. Simply because i used 5yrs as an example you took it and ran away with it crying about being caught. grin We went to school in Nigeria too, it is in primary school that you allegedly have christians and muslims "worshipping" in the same building together. It doesnt matter whether u are 2, 5 or 11 yrs old. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Prayers For Couples Trying To Conceive A Child (TTC) / The Nafilat In The Night Of Ramadan / Shaykh Adam Abdullah Al-ilory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.