Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! (51425 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My Husband Runs Away From Having Sexual Intercourse With Me: Wife / Uncle Spanks Nephew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by johndoe200: 4:16pm On Oct 24, 2010
I met two Christian couples who have been married for 2 years and 6 years respectively, the wife in the two year marriage  is unhappy. Both families belong to a strict Christian grouping that believes in Christian domestic discipline. In this the husband who is the head of the household is allowed to discipline his wife to correct her behaviour and remind her of the proper way a Christian woman is supposed to behave. This discipline usually takes the form of spanking the woman's bottom.

The problem for the woman complaining is that her husband according to her spanks her too much and that her buttocks are almost permanently sore.

The other lady ( married for 6 years) advised her to change her behaviour so that there would be no need for the husband to administer that many spankings. After some more discussion the sore bottomed woman agreed to try and amend her behaviour.

Now these couples are in Nigeria and I was sad that I had not joined this Christian thing. If more Nigerian women get spanked then marriages would last longer and the partners would be happier. As an aside you can learn more about this type of strict Christianity at websites like these:

http://www.christiandomesticdiscipline.com
http://www.ddchristianmarriage.com
http://www.christiandd.com

I would appreciate your views, especially from those that actually live in Nigeria.
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by sweeti14(f): 4:24pm On Oct 24, 2010
Hunh? spank ke? undecided where in the Bible is it written dat husbands should spank dier wives dats abuse plain and simple IMO!!
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by johndoe200: 4:52pm On Oct 24, 2010
sweeti14:

Hunh? spank ke? undecided where in the Bible is it written dat husbands should spank dier wives dats abuse plain and simple IMO!!

No you are wrong, there is abundant scriptural authority for it. It just requires couples willing to live their lives according to the scriptures.
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by LouisThoro: 5:01pm On Oct 24, 2010
@John.

Na wa for u o, and your likes.

Please answer this my question:

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by johndoe200: 5:52pm On Oct 24, 2010
LouisThoro:

@John.

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

Your neighbor may not be a Christian, he or she may be a Muslim. You cannot force your religion on him or her. If they are of the same belief as you and accept to live by that belief, then yes, you can carry out the biblical injunction. When people accept to live by the living word of God
they take the good and the bad. It is a source of annoyance to most women that God did not embrace women's liberation. You and your sisters may want to rewrite the bible.
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by LouisThoro: 6:21pm On Oct 24, 2010
^^^

You are re writting the bible? did u read the verse i quoted properly? Where did it talk about religion?
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by InkedNerd(f): 10:42pm On Oct 24, 2010
@OP: That was a load of crap. No has the right to put their hands on anyone unless it is in self defense.
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 24, 2010
LouisThoro:

@John.

u don kill me this night. kai. My nephew lies sometimes, maybe i should burn his tongue. Abuja Social welfare teke note, i want to obey the bible all liars should have a place in burning fire, make i show am the fire from here
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by MaiSuya(m): 11:50pm On Oct 24, 2010
well, I think it depends on the nature of the spanking. . .
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by tpia5: 11:55pm On Oct 24, 2010
where in the bible does it say to spank your wife?

the husband is clearly getting an unholy buzz out of the so-called spanking, imo.
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by Nobody: 1:15am On Oct 25, 2010
This OP and his stories
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by chic2pimp(m): 2:29am On Oct 25, 2010
The story sounds fishy.
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by johndoe200: 4:28am On Oct 25, 2010
LouisThoro:

^^^

You are re writting the bible? did u read the verse i quoted properly? Where did it talk about religion?

Actually didn't read the verse, just answered your question. By the way what does "Na wa for u o, and your likes" mean?

Inked_Nerd:

@OP: That was a load of crap. No as the right to put their hands on anyone unless it is in self defense.

Yes, the things of God are usually crap to the Godless

chic2pimp:
The story sounds fishy.

You think everybody belongs to the money hungry churches we have in Nigeria?
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 25, 2010
everybody likes to interprete the bible the way it suits them just cos the hubby likes spanking bum he brings in the bible to justify his act of wickedness.thats abuse unfortunately seems the whole bunch in the church have been brainwashed if not, the wife would not be complaining of "too much spanking"but spanking fullstop.
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by ReginaVII(f): 3:10pm On Oct 25, 2010
We young women today are very headstrong and don't easily take correction. This most likely is why the husband finds he needs to spank her repeatedly.
Good Christian women should respect their husbands and follow the lead taken by their husbands. There is nothing wrong with a husband spanking his wife if the aim is to correct her.
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by sweeti14(f): 4:50pm On Oct 25, 2010
johndoe200:

No you are wrong, there is abundant scriptural authority for it. It just requires couples willing to live their lives according to the scriptures.
Na wah oh!! quit mis interpreting the Bible!! and please show me the "abundant scriptural authority" oh shocked
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by kokoye(m): 6:28pm On Oct 25, 2010
'spank' is relative and have multiple meanings wink
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by MissyB3(f): 6:30pm On Oct 25, 2010
johndoe200:

In this the husband who is the head of the household is allowed to discipline his wife to
correct her behavior and remind her of the proper way a Christian woman is supposed to behave.
By who?
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by Phate07(m): 6:34pm On Oct 25, 2010

Methinks no gentleman has the right to beat a lady, and certainly no crazy man of God.
angry
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by UyiIredia(m): 6:38pm On Oct 25, 2010
@ topic >>> SMH >>> spank ur wife >>> SMH AGAIN !!!
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by dayokanu(m): 6:40pm On Oct 25, 2010
Yes Christans can also spank that bootay. Its not limited to p0rn videos cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by dayokanu(m): 6:41pm On Oct 25, 2010
@OP,

We xtians are allowed to give our wives, Uppercut, Clothesline, DDT, Headbutt etc
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by kardinalP(m): 6:49pm On Oct 25, 2010
Spanking on the bom! shocked
There's nothing christian in spanking your spouse for corrections, its utterly a misnomer to the teachings of Christianity,
The woman is supposed to be the man's better half, and they are supposed to work things out together, hand in hand, abi, maybe the man just like to dey tap current for im wife body grin
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by kibra4u(m): 6:52pm On Oct 25, 2010
How can one post a topic on nairaland. Please.
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by kardinalP(m): 6:53pm On Oct 25, 2010
dayokanu:

Yes Christans can also spank that bootay. Its not limited to p0rn videos  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yeah, they are allowed to enjoy the fun that the ass spanking brings, but i hope the man shares in the spanking too, grin
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by Fhemmmy: 6:54pm On Oct 25, 2010
Christianity never thought any man to spank, touch or beat his wife.
Christianity teaches love and endurance with forgiveness.
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by JUO(m): 6:55pm On Oct 25, 2010
a kind of correction
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 25, 2010
If they claim to be the devout Christians they say are,

Can't they read their Bible and know that wife battery is wrong?

You think Christianity na just 4 mouth,

And not abiding by the principles that goes along with it, tschew!

Besides to hell with your muslim doctrines.
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by johndoe200: 6:56pm On Oct 25, 2010
Missy ★ B:

By who?

By God, this is something ordained by God.

ReginaVII:  
We young women today are very headstrong and don't easily take correction. This most likely is why the husband finds he needs to spank her repeatedly.
Good Christian women should respect their husbands and follow the lead taken by their husbands. There is nothing wrong with a husband spanking his wife if the aim is to correct her.

My sister, you are the only one that understands. Women sometimes women need their buttocks beaten to bring them to their senses.

sweeti14:
Quote from: johndoe200 on Yesterday at 04:52:15 PM
Na wah oh!! quit mis interpreting the Bible!! and please show me the "abundant scriptural authority" oh  Shocked

I have posted links in the first post, the websites provide abundant scriptural references and explanations. Take a minute to read what is written there. You will learn a lot.

kokoye:
'spank' is relative and have multiple meanings  Wink

To spank here means to "cause pain to a person's buttocks" These are proper spankings meant to leave a lasting impression.
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by Mobinga: 6:57pm On Oct 25, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Christianity never thought any man to spank, touch or beat his wife.
Christianity teaches love and endurance with forgiveness.
+1
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by fredoooooo: 6:58pm On Oct 25, 2010
@OP what if the husband is the one thats wrong, what should the wife do ?, cut his head i guess, lol undecided
Re: What Can I Do? My Husband Spanks Me! by johndoe200: 7:00pm On Oct 25, 2010
fredoooooo:

@OP what if the husband is the one thats wrong, what should the wife do ?, cut his head i guess, lol undecided

Why don't you read the links in the first post? You may learn something and then make intelligent posts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is This True Love Or Foolishness? (Photo) / How She Passed Away And Was Replaced In 2 Days / Is It Right Or Wrong? Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.