Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! (1011 Views)

Saturday Or Sunday, Which Is The Real Sabbath Day? / What Is The True Sabbath Day, Saturday Or Sunday? / Going To Church On Saturday (the True Sabbath Day) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by LouisThoro: 5:04pm On Oct 24, 2010
I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by manmustwac(m): 5:41pm On Oct 24, 2010
And if u tell the police to do it do you think they will? They'd think you yourself has a problem for believing that
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by seyibrown(f): 7:15pm On Oct 24, 2010
LouisThoro:

I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

LoiusThoro, Are you a Christian?
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by LouisThoro: 7:23pm On Oct 24, 2010
what has that got to do with my question?
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by Image123(m): 8:05pm On Oct 24, 2010
Jesus Christ has come with grace, so because of His grace, nobody needs to be killed again for not keeping the sabbath. And it wasn't a personal judgement i.e you don't just go and start stoning people, you take the case before the judges, who were to carry out the judgement IF the accused was found guilty.
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by Mudley313: 8:54pm On Oct 24, 2010
LouisThoro:

dude stop stealing questions from other forums and copying and pasting them word for word here. try and be more creative

1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of Menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offence.

4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbours. They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

5. I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination, Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this? Are there 'degrees' of abomination?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

it's quite evident you stole question 5 here word for word. it's called plagiarism

well, in the long run, ofcourse some of these questions are rather light hearted but still all are pretty much very legitimate questions. perhaps some spirit filled, holy ghost led born again christian care to answer?

i'm with penn and teller on this one
[flash=420,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_sb2fSRByI[/flash]
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by LouisThoro: 8:56pm On Oct 24, 2010
^^^^^
You are mad.

You are a goat  of a person, you this imb.ecile./

Where did i state that i am the copyright owner?

Some dogs are realy very annoying. I.diot.

Go and read more on the meaning of plagiarism, mo ther fu cker.

I guess the picture on your profile was drawn by you and not stolen from somewhere?

Where did i ascribe this question to myself?
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by Mudley313: 9:27pm On Oct 24, 2010
LouisThoro:

^^^^^
You are[b] mad.[/b]

You are a goat  of a person, you this imb.ecile./

I guess the picture on your profile was drawn by you and not stolen from somewhere?

Rules And Regulations Of The Religion Forum
« on: April 04, 2008, 01:31 PM »

-No personal attacks on thread posters and  on posters. Post on topic and about the discussion at hand, do not derail any thread

why are you getting your panties up in a bunch over being busted for plagiarizing stealing ideas and and pretending to pass it off as yours. cool down bro, its just the internet. using swear words and personal insults against faceless people over the internet doesn't make you cool or any less of a loser

[center][/center]
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by LouisThoro: 9:29pm On Oct 24, 2010
^^^

LOL.

Say that to yourself. You must be mad to talk about plagiarism on a mere forum.

See how a cow you are?

Insinuating that someone copied something from another forum simply shows how a cow thinks. through the mud. You reply with another stoopid sign and u confimr you are a cow.
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by Mudley313: 9:35pm On Oct 24, 2010
smh @ you running to edit your earlier post in order to look cool to strangers on the internet. immature loser

well, two can play that game. help me complete this sentence in your next post

"your are. . ."
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by LouisThoro: 9:36pm On Oct 24, 2010
a cow confirmed.
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by seyibrown(f): 12:18am On Oct 25, 2010
LouisThoro:

what has that got to do with my question?

LouisThoro:

^^^^^
You are mad.

You are a goat  of a person, you this imb.ecile./

Oh my!  shocked  shocked Looks like there is no need to answer LouisThoro's question at this point. You have other things to worry about other than working or killing yourself on the sabbath! Start by spending the sabbath learning how to conduct online discourse in a civil manner, and then other days as well. When you understand how to relate with other members of the society, you will have the capacity to understand what you should be doing on the Sabbath.
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by LouisThoro: 12:21am On Oct 25, 2010
advice taken.

LOL.

Next time when someone accuses you of "stealing", send him $500 to thank him or her.
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by seyibrown(f): 12:27am On Oct 25, 2010
It wasn't necessary, LouisThoro. You could have simply denied the accusation! That said, even your name rings a big bell and sounds like Louis Theroux.  grin
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by LouisThoro: 12:30am On Oct 25, 2010
Seyi Seyi Seyi

How many times have i called thee?
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by seyibrown(f): 12:34am On Oct 25, 2010
You sure say you no put calabash for front? This one wey you dey call my name 3 times! grin grin
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by LouisThoro: 12:36am On Oct 25, 2010
swear if you are not a man.
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by seyibrown(f): 12:39am On Oct 25, 2010
ROTFLMAO! Are you looking for a girlfriend or a boyfriend? I am a woman! Ask my husband and my pikin! LOL!
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by LouisThoro: 12:41am On Oct 25, 2010
ok. i agree with that.

but answer me question na. bee naa ni.

Ok. I can see you on facebook. LOL
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by seyibrown(f): 12:48am On Oct 25, 2010
[b]Luke 6:1-10 (King James Version)

1And it came to pass on the second sabbath after the first, that he went through the corn fields; and his disciples plucked the ears of corn, and did eat, rubbing them in their hands.

2And certain of the Pharisees said unto them, Why do ye that which is not lawful to do on the sabbath days?

3And Jesus answering them said, Have ye not read so much as this, what David did, when himself was an hungred, and they which were with him;

4How he went into the house of God, and did take and eat the shewbread, and gave also to them that were with him; which it is not lawful to eat but for the priests alone?

5And he said unto them, That the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

6And it came to pass also on another sabbath, that he entered into the synagogue and taught: and there was a man whose right hand was withered.

7And the scribes and Pharisees watched him, whether he would heal on the sabbath day; that they might find an accusation against him.

8But he knew their thoughts, and said to the man which had the withered hand, Rise up, and stand forth in the midst. And he arose and stood forth.

9Then said Jesus unto them, I will ask you one thing; Is it lawful on the sabbath days to do good, or to do evil? to save life, or to destroy it?

10And looking round about upon them all, he said unto the man, Stretch forth thy hand. And he did so: and his hand was restored whole as the other[/b]

Read, understand, and apply to your christian walk!  smiley
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by LouisThoro: 12:51am On Oct 25, 2010
Good-

Why i asked the question, some people use the old testament to make a point that suits them, example, women wearing trousers, from the old testament, but when you point these types to them, they say u cant?
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by seyibrown(f): 1:04am On Oct 25, 2010
[b]Romans 14:1-9 (King James Version)

Romans 14
1Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

2For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

3Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

4Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

5One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

7For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

8For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

[/b]

The laws of God are written on our hearts. We have freedom in Christ and the Holy Spirit will point our attention to what he does not want in our lives if we have him in our lives. If the Holy Spirit is convicting you of a certain thing in your life, then you need to act on it. We are not bound by the laws that clearly have no implication on our spiritual walk e.g do not eat pork, do not use your left hand and the likes. God's grace is sufficient for us!
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by seyibrown(f): 1:09am On Oct 25, 2010
. . . . .continued from previous post

Colossians 2:16-17 (King James Version)

16Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

17Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

And

Ephesians 2:8-9 (King James Version)

8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by LouisThoro: 1:41am On Oct 25, 2010
Seyi

Thanks.

Another question?

Is it legal for a man to marry his widow's sister?
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by seyibrown(f): 2:06am On Oct 25, 2010
LouisThoro:

Seyi

Thanks.

Another question?

Is it legal for a man to marry his widow's sister?

You might need a lawyer to explain what law applies in your jurisdiction. You can also google what applies in your jurisdiction.
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by LouisThoro: 2:11am On Oct 25, 2010
Seyi.

I knew i will catch you.

A man can only have a widow if he is dead, therefore, it is practically impossible since he is already dead.

LOL.
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by seyibrown(f): 2:15am On Oct 25, 2010
LOL! Why do you think I referred you to a lawyer/google?
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by LouisThoro: 2:17am On Oct 25, 2010
yeah right.
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by seyibrown(f): 2:23am On Oct 25, 2010
ROTFLMAO! I thought I should let a lawyer explain to you since it seemed from your question that the 'legal standing' was your concern and not the 'impossibility' (I think you have watched 'Corpse Bride' a few times too many?).  grin
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by LouisThoro: 2:25am On Oct 25, 2010
it can not even be legal since the man is dead. A dead man can not marry. LOL. Nice try realy.
Re: Anyone Who Works On A Sabbath Day Must Be Put To Death! Explain Please! by seyibrown(f): 2:42am On Oct 25, 2010
Your lawyer would have reffered you to a another lawyer in the right 'jurisdiction'. grin grin. Good night.

(1) (Reply)

Pig's Head Buried Under Cross On Belgium Mosque Site / Prayer Warrior / Jesus And Mohamed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.