Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,430 members, 7,781,255 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:22 AM

Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! (76067 Views)

Looking For Used Ps3 To Buy.... / Warning: Do NOT Update Your PS3 To OFW 4.45 Yet / Help! I Dont Want My Ps3 To Spoil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by wale0700(m): 5:23pm On Oct 27, 2010
loser
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by Mobinga: 11:28pm On Oct 27, 2010
4llerbuntu:

ok so mt elrazur the righteous jailbroke his HTC, his ipod, listens to ripped mp3's downloaded online, uses a pirated windows and God knows how many other bullshyte in his life!!

wakes up one morning, sees TP jailbreaking HIS OWN PS3 (as bought with his own money) and suddenly remembers piracy is bad, and how sony is being cheated bla bla bla!!

dude, it seems talking outta yer backside feels nice shey? SMH!!

dude, shut the fook up and go jump in a lagoon!!!!!

the dude IS NOT PIRATING A CD, HE IS NOT EVEN BUYING A PIRATED CD, he jailbroke HIS OWN PS3 to do what he wants to do with it!!!!!!! HIS OWN!!!!!

JEEZ SON of MARY< WTF!!!!!!!!! if u own a IPOD and it is jail broken then your actually the worlds biggest ****. so i must live with restrictions on my own (as in personal property) hardware.

at this rate it will soon be wrong to change the spoilers on my own car!!!
grin grin grin grin
wale0700:

loser

Are you working for sony?
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by ElRazur: 4:22pm On Oct 28, 2010
My last comments was tagged by the spambot and hence not showing.

I will post a quick paraphrase, hopefully, it will show this time.

So here goes! The[b] PS3 Software usage terms[/b] do not allow one to modify any portion of the Game software that you may own. Also it mentioned that one Ps3 should not be modified/circumvent any encryption in order to play game.

Clearly, what the OP did breaks all these Software usage term. (I am aware he now admits that this is a grey area, but I needed to make a point to clear up a few misunderstandings)

Also, the Digital millennium copyright act works in the favour of Sony, and again the action of the OP breaks this sort of act.

I also noted that a few individuals are trying to play the "Moral game" here and asking me unrelated question, while ignoring the issue at hand. I think I should make clear that my concern is with how this sort of OP behaviour will spread and it will only be a matter of time, before it ruins the online play experience for the rest of us.

Please remember that cheating and pirating in online game - using hacked console - was a common feature in the Xbox online community and one of the many reasons that Microsoft permabanned close to 1 million xbox users. (Again Microsoft pointed out that modifying a console is against the user policy etc)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33866696/ns/technology_and_science-games/

Again, I have stated that I do not expect my point to be popular with folks around here, after all the issue of Intellectual Property means poo to those who post here etc.
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by wale0700(m): 6:35pm On Oct 28, 2010
question
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by texazzpete(m): 7:05am On Oct 29, 2010
Mobinga:

grin grin grin grin
Are you working for sony?

Mobinga,
Don't feed the troll.
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by malone5923(m): 5:56pm On Oct 31, 2010
I just hacked my bro's PS3 using the tutorial link Tex dropped. I used an Ipod video 5g that I borrowed from my neighbour. The tutorial isn't idiot proof so don't expect to get the idea the first time. Unfortunately for me, a God of war 3 backup is more than my free hardisk space(PS3 40G) and Modern Warfare 2 has compatibility issues. So I was only able to play around with the homebrew apps. I'm Gonna install SNEX games soon. Anyways, here are some pics:

Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by malone5923(m): 5:58pm On Oct 31, 2010
Sorry if the pics look terrible. Its a 14 inches TV [LOL]
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by texazzpete(m): 6:26pm On Oct 31, 2010
malone5923:

I just hacked my bro's PS3 using the tutorial link Tex dropped. I used an Ipod video 5g that I borrowed from my neighbour. The tutorial isn't proof so don't expect to get the idea the first time. Unfortunately for me, a God of war 3 backup is more than my free hardisk space(PS3 40G) and Modern Warfare 2 has compatibility issues. So I was only able to play around with the homebrew apps. I'm Gonna install SNEX games soon. Anyways, here are some pics:

Nice one.
Just get a screwdriver, take out that old 40GB and swap it out for a decent sized one (320GB - 500 GB)
LG shops in Nigeria sell 500 GB for 12600. That was the cheapest i could find, i grabbed one and did the swap grin
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 31, 2010
^^^^

we geeks know lg is the place to go for cheap hdds cheesy cheesy

offtopic -

u can also consider buying this

the lg portable multimedia hdd - 500gb - plays mp4, wmv, avi, flv, dat, mov,

a little costly at 31k, though probably because its portable

i've been dling sesame street etc for my kids, but playing the files on my pc always ends with me wrestling for my mouse with my son - 'daddy let me try'

western digital has one with a 3.5" hdd for like $120 or thereabouts, but that's not here

its been GREAT fun - the drive is stacked with cbeebies and pbs programs , ben ten ultimate alien , cgi movies

and some down memory lane for yours truly - the last unicorn, the muppet movie and for those of you who were kids in britain in the early 80s - star fleet x bomber grin grin grin
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by malone5923(m): 9:02pm On Oct 31, 2010
Thanks. I'm gonna get one 2mr and then back up that blasted GOW3.
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by malone5923(m): 9:17pm On Oct 31, 2010
It's pain I can't use a desktop HD.
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by malone5923(m): 2:40pm On Nov 01, 2010
I just bought a 500GB external HDD. Tex, the HDD you bought, was it external? If yes, why did you say "swap" or can the drive be removed?
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by Bawss1(m): 3:05pm On Nov 01, 2010
You don't need to get an external hard drive. Take out the one from the PS3 ( see this link for instructions http://www.gamespot.com/features/6176090/index.html) and install the new one you got.

Hackers unite! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by texazzpete(m): 5:55pm On Nov 01, 2010
malone5923:

I just bought a 500GB external HDD. Tex, the HDD you bought, was it external? If yes, why did you say "swap" or can the drive be removed?

Yeah, pry open the external drive you bought and remove the hard disk. You can easily then remove the existing SATA hard disk from the ps3 and swap it with the new 500gb. The ps3 will then format it.
IMPORTANT
Use a flash drive to back up your PS3 so you don't lose your save games.
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 01, 2010
i suspect the question is is it a 3.5" or a 2.5" drive?
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by malone5923(m): 11:27pm On Nov 01, 2010
@Tex. I decided to leave it just the way it 'cause I also want to use it to backup my Nintendo Wii games.
@Oyb. I reckon its a 2.5" drive else it wouldn't be that small wink.
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by malone5923(m): 9:46am On Nov 02, 2010
Tex, I can't find any screw in the external HDD. I guess you really meant it when you said "pry" [LOL]. Theoretically the now old PS3 hardisk should fit right in the external HDD enclosure but does it work?
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by Bawss1(m): 10:08am On Nov 02, 2010
@malone5923. You can check out the link I pasted earlier or checkout your users manual. The PS3 uses a 2.5" hard drive
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by malone5923(m): 10:32am On Nov 02, 2010
I already know how to replace a PS3 HDD. I just want to know if I pry open my NEW 500GB HDD and insert it into the PS3 will my orginal 40GB PS3 HDD work with the already open external HDD i.e turning it into an external HDD 'cause I need to backup my Wii games?
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by Bawss1(m): 11:04am On Nov 02, 2010
As long as there was no problem prior to the swap the hard drive can still be used. . . Maybe TB knows better, he's the modman.

You've modded your Wii too?
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by malone5923(m): 11:56am On Nov 02, 2010
Yep, softmodded my Wii ages ago.
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 02, 2010
someone pls put me in the direction of wii softmod guides

planning on buying one - and i have some er of those classics

for some reason dolphin dey chop 60% cpu on my pc - and the fact that i need a classic controller . . .

time to relive my childhood
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by texazzpete(m): 5:24pm On Nov 02, 2010
malone5923:

I already know how to replace a PS3 HDD. I just want to know if I pry open my NEW 500GB HDD and insert it into the PS3 will my orginal 40GB PS3 HDD work with the already open external HDD i.e turning it into an external HDD 'cause I need to backup my Wii games?

To be honest, I didn't put the original hard disk in the enclosure. But im pretty sure you'll be able to reformat it back to FAT 32 and use with your Wii
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 02, 2010
sadly, you can't replace the hdd of an hd pvr decoder - at least that what i read on the dstv forums
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by malone5923(m): 5:35pm On Nov 02, 2010
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by malone5923(m): 3:30pm On Nov 04, 2010
God Of War 3 works great on external HDD! Thanks, Tex.
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by texazzpete(m): 10:27pm On Nov 04, 2010
malone5923:

God Of War 3 works great on external HDD! Thanks, Tex.

Nice one!
What payload are you using on your iPod? PL3 or Hermes 4b?
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 04, 2010
malone5923:

@Oyb. Here is an proof guide for system menu 3.1-4.1
http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/16970-new-3-1-4-1-softmod-any-wii.html

gracias smiley
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by Chuckdee(m): 12:25pm On Apr 03, 2011
@Tex,
Hey Buddy how are you doing? Its been ages right? you don forget your guy finish be that oo! grin

Anyways, I finally mustered the interest to play around with my ps3 (its the original 60GB with all 'em 4 usb, sd card model with the Emotion engine chip for full hardware backward comparabilities) so for that, i have been skeptical about getting all the available updates that Sony is constantly throwing up! so that left me running V3.15 for so longsmiley

I just finally Jailbroke the machine with CFW 3.55 (don't need any Ipod or Android phone to do this anymore) and I am playing my backed up copy of FIFA10 & GTA 4 from my 1TB external HDD.  I think its qquite awesome to be able to do this and i am sure the development still continues.

Thanks for this your informative post here though,

And remember am still your get-to guy for your gadgets at very cool prices! wink wink

BTW: I really do not support not buying games anymore for the ps3 simply because of this exploit, I so much love the efforts Sony initially put in manufacturing the PS3 which i believe has changed the world of console gaming from a thing for kids to a full featured Home entertainment machine that I would always support it by buying games.
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by ritchboy(m): 2:10pm On Apr 03, 2011
BTW: I really do not support not buying games anymore for the ps3 simply because of this exploit, I so much love the efforts Sony initially put in manufacturing the PS3 which i believe has changed the world of console gaming from a thing for kids to a full featured Home entertainment machine that I would always support it by buying games.

Calling this a fallacy would be polite. . . To be blunt, this is military-grade BS!
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by Chuckdee(m): 3:08pm On Apr 03, 2011
@ritchboy,

Even if its Military grade BS to or not, its your damn opinion and i ain't got time to argue with you, fact is, that sentence you left in bold is my personal opinion and I did state that if you could actually read well. Now get off my write-up, open your own thread and freely write you boy scout grade crap.

Adieu.
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by ritchboy(m): 5:17pm On Apr 03, 2011
"the PS3 has changed the world of console gaming from a thing for kids to a full featured Home entertainment machine"

This is one of those statements that are as equally pitiful as they are hilarious. . .

According to this fellow, the PS2, Xbox etc were "a thing for KIDS" shocked shocked grin grin

The Xbox 360 and PS3 basically do the same things. The Xbox 360 was out a full year before the PS3 but you give the PS3 credit for "changing the world of console gaming" cheesy

You should be taken out back and shot! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. / What Does Man Do 3 Times A Day And Woman Do Once In Lifetime?? / Illuminati Symbol On Candy Crush Saga? (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.