Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:12 AM

How long do you code a day(Hours) - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How long do you code a day(Hours) (9467 Views)

[source Code] A Program That Solves A Transportation Problem - By Frank UMEADI / How To Code A Basic Twitter Clone With PHP / How To Code A Script That Can Send Email? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How long do you code a day(Hours) by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 26, 2010
atampakoeg:

fake programmers. 16 hours coding, 15 hours on NairaLand.

Exactly!
Re: How long do you code a day(Hours) by DualCore1: 10:11am On Oct 26, 2010
atampakoeg:

fake programmers. 16 hours coding, 15 hours on NairaLand.
I always work with 2 screens (17inch hp dv9k and 19inch hp l1950t lcd monitor) and Nairaland is always on the second screen next to my mail and server monitoring tabs.

As I write this, I have Notepad++ with a blinking cursor in the middle of codes on my main display.

If I spend 20 hours coding, I have spent 20 hours on NL (active or inactive), I have spent the same 20 hours on yahoo IM and the same 20 hours on Google Apps, same 20 hours listening to Jazz and soft-rock or listening to already watched episodes or cartoons and comedie series playing minimised. This isnt just multithreading, its my hyperthreaded approach to life.

Call it fake if you want, it doesn't affect my GTB accounts. grin
Re: How long do you code a day(Hours) by DualCore1: 10:27am On Oct 26, 2010
Donpuzo:

@Dual [size=1pt]Don't try me, i could be a terrorist at times! My Grand Father is from Bayelsa, a word is enough for a wise coder![/size]
@Donpuzo
N07h1ng d0 y0u, ju57 574y 0ff 7h47 b4b3. 7h4nk g0d 53y 5h3 w4n l34rn php 53f. C4n7 w417 f0r h3r 70 574r7 h1771ng bug5 50 b0y5 c4n 74k3 17 up fr0m 7h3r3. Ju57 f4c3 l01u57h0r0 1f n4 b4b3. 45 f0r 7h15 07h3r b4b3-m4n w3y ju57 ch4ng3 h1m/h3r g3nd3r 70 f3m41l, 1 n0 ju57 und3r574nd.

$decrypt_key;
if($decrypt_key){
$hash = "l33t 5p34k d3c0d3";
header('Location: http://www.snarkles.net/scripts/sneak/sneak.php');
}
Re: How long do you code a day(Hours) by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 26, 2010
@Dual. No kill me with laugh.

Do you know i actually can write what you wrote in plain english

You are a bloody geeky Genious.

I don hear. [size=1pt]But no forget say i get Programming school, i go give am address when she is stuck! But you can debug here 4 am![/size]
Re: How long do you code a day(Hours) by quadrillio(m): 2:22pm On Oct 26, 2010
Dual Core:

@Donpuzo
N07h1ng d0 y0u, ju57 574y 0ff 7h47 b4b3. 7h4nk g0d 53y 5h3 w4n l34rn php 53f. C4n7 w417 f0r h3r 70 574r7 h1771ng bug5 50 b0y5 c4n 74k3 17 up fr0m 7h3r3. Ju57 f4c3 l01u57h0r0 1f n4 b4b3. 45 f0r 7h15 07h3r b4b3-m4n w3y ju57 ch4ng3 h1m/h3r g3nd3r 70 f3m41l, 1 n0 ju57 und3r574nd.

$decrypt_key;
if($decrypt_key){
$hash = "l33t 5p34k d3c0d3";
header('Location: http://www.snarkles.net/scripts/sneak/sneak.php');
}

I laugh in chinese, (he he oh oh ha ha)

I KNOW SOME BAD GUYS.

- SAFE
Re: How long do you code a day(Hours) by xoxogg(f): 4:16pm On Oct 26, 2010
Donpuzo:

@xoxo . I was about learning .net but with birdman's points and you also making reference to my PHP, i am thinking of learning something else!
So how good is this .net?

Well i have to work with a friend on my next project who wants to use PHP, so i decided to start trying out stuff with PHP before beginning his project. Also i'm curious how to how PHP being open source may ease up things for me.

Donpuzo:

So how good is this .net?

Really .net is not the language. It is a library which PLs under the .net framework can access. It has a lot of pre-coded solutions to the most common programming functions. So decide which one of the microsoft languages you want to learn then you can start reaping the benefits along with us. cool cool cool cool cool
Re: How long do you code a day(Hours) by Slyr0x: 4:21pm On Oct 26, 2010
xoxo, , he OR she? Let Donpuzo and Dual Core know where they are going. wink
Re: How long do you code a day(Hours) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 26, 2010
xoxo, :

Well i have to work with a friend on my next project who wants to use PHP, so i decided to start trying out stuff with PHP before beginning his project. Also i'm curious how to how PHP being open source may ease up things for me.

Really .net is not the language. It is a library which PLs under the .net framework can access. It has a lot of pre-coded solutions to the most common programming functions. So decide which one of the microsoft languages you want to learn then you can start reaping the benefits along with us. cool cool cool cool cool

Thanks for the explanation!
Re: How long do you code a day(Hours) by ARROBA(m): 12:41am On Oct 27, 2010
In the past, I have coded stand-alone application with Access or SQL Server backend using VB6.

For the past 4 years, I am more into database administration. I only write sql commands for my database(SQL Server 2000,2005, 2008) maintenace task.
Re: How long do you code a day(Hours) by KoolPitt(m): 3:11pm On Oct 27, 2010
To me, coding is all fun. I could code all day long with little breaks in-between to eat or just stretch my body.

The only problem I encounter is just my eyes, they get sore and ache when I code for a long time.
Re: How long do you code a day(Hours) by lojik(m): 12:05am On Oct 28, 2010
It is possible for some peeps to isolate coding from their other daily activities and say they code for 6 hours. I understand that employees may have to code as an obligation to their employers thereby limiting their coding time to their office hours.

Coding is my hubby with or without money, i code for hours. I sleep with my laptop under my pillow (my tablet even fell from under my pillow and got damaged.).
I am hardly without a project but even when i don't have jaw breaking deadlines, i code open-source, i develop re-usable classes and i mentor other programmers.

Wen i have a mail, i stop coding, attend to the mail and go back to coding. I have to stop coding to receive my phone call. I stop coding to eat. The only time i don't code are the hours i dedicate to my wife daily and the hours i spend driving, sleeping and a few other extra times like writing proposals, e.t.c.

Call me whatever u like, tell me i'm not a good programmer that's y i code so much, but whatever u say, I am a coder and i have built my company around my hubby. I have also built a reputation and a portfolio around my hubby so na u sabi.
Re: How long do you code a day(Hours) by quadrillio(m): 5:04am On Oct 28, 2010
LOJIK don vex ooo.

no mind them jare, LOLz

- SAFE
Re: How long do you code a day(Hours) by taiyang123: 7:30am On Oct 28, 2010
Our intention was to make a little more Aion Gold, spend

some time away from our lives as mothers and perhaps even set someone to work with us until the end

of the year. It did not happen like that. We rented another seamstress in two weeks, and we started

to Buy WOW Gold pretty busy with the sale I was generating. In the

first month we had 31 sewn purses designed by our customers. By the end of the year we had sewn

thousands of them. Our sales team topped six figures our first year in business. During this first

year, we hired six seamstresses and fabric cutters, and 13 direct sales

WOW Gold. Because we are people who can sew well, we need to

start sewing them out samples for us. Currently we have a production team of 10 independent

contractors and have a waiting list just as long as the women in working life for us interested. I

am very careful in hiring, make sure to consult our lawyer and accountant, that these women fit the

parameters of Metin2 Yang independent contractors.
cool
Re: How long do you code a day(Hours) by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 28, 2010
Why is baba lojik vexing.

Sometime programmers wake up on the wrong side of the keyboard. Or have overnight bugs!
Re: How long do you code a day(Hours) by lojik(m): 11:53am On Oct 28, 2010
Vex ke? cool
Re: How long do you code a day(Hours) by atampakoeg(f): 12:33pm On Oct 28, 2010
te hehehe

Re: How long do you code a day(Hours) by xoxogg(f): 7:39am On Oct 29, 2010
Slyr0x:

xoxo, , he OR she? Let Donpuzo and Dual Core know where they are going. wink

Watcha mean HE or She. I'm clearly She. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Nooooooooooooo, do you mean all their not so coded discuss about a certain b4b3-m4n was about me cos really i never changed my gender.
Re: How long do you code a day(Hours) by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 29, 2010
ehm. . . .
Re: How long do you code a day(Hours) by asalimpo(m): 11:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
If only employers cud read stuff like this they'd know wu to hire.
A typical wrk year is 2000 hrs.
So d 4hr guys are doing fine. The 16hr+ a day every day i think is unhealthy and harmful.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need Steps To Creating A Database Using Wampserver / Why Do People See Having A Website For Their Business A Waste Of Money?? / Zoom Initiates Real-time Translation For 12 Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.