Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,407 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks (11159 Views)

Those Against Buhari’s Ministerial Position Are Crooks – Presidency / Top 3 Crooks Under The GEJ Administration You Want To See In Jail / Gani Adams Reveals That 85% Of Lagosians Want Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 9:10pm On Oct 25, 2010
The leopard and its spots! Many guys leave naija not because opportunities are scarce as they are quick to blurt out to every listening person, but they don't want to build from the ground up, they lack vision, patience, focus and foresight. Some are misfits who cannot bend to any rules in their environment and simply need easy money. Yahoo boys and harlots.

Some are trouble makers that nearly gave their parents a heart attack so the old man sells a land and bundles the child away to hustle abroad, wishing the child spends the rest of his days in a foreign jail. Good riddance! The man can now stay back and enjoy his old age.

Some stole money entrusted to them and run away to foreign lands, bankers, salesmen, apprentice traders etc, are guilty here.

Only about 15% come over on good business, academic pursuit.

Lets tell ourselves some home truths.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 10:36pm On Oct 25, 2010
To butress this point, just do a mental check, 10 people near you that are abroad,
How many went there with genuine means?
How many are now doing genuine business there?
How many came back as better people than they were before they traveled?
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by mensdept: 10:36pm On Oct 25, 2010
invisible!:

The leopard and its spots! Many guys leave naija not because opportunities are scarce as they are quick to blurt out to every listening person, but they dont want to build from the ground up, they lack vision, patience, focus and foresight. Some are misfits who cannot bend to any rules in their environment and simply need easy money. Yahoo boys and harlots.
Some are trouble makers that nearly gave their parents a heart attack so the old man sells a land and bundles the child away to hustle abroad, wishing the child spends the rest of his days in a foreign jail. Good riddance! The man can now stay back and enjoy his old age.
Some stole money entrusted to them and run away to foreign lands, bankers, salesmen, apprentice traders etc, are guilty here.

Dude, seems like you wrote this out of some quick emotion that monopolized your senses.
How about 85% of Nigerian current leaders (from Exec down to state assembly) are crooks.  Former rulers are even up to 95%. That's the root of the problem. Plus you think the Western World isnt part of the exploitation of Africa?
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 10:44pm On Oct 25, 2010
mens dept:

Dude, seems like you wrote this out of some quick emotion that monopolized your senses.
How about 85% of Nigerian current leaders (from Exec down to state assembly) are crooks.  Former rulers are even up to 95%. That's the root of the problem. Plus you think the Western World isnt part of the exploitation of Africa?

Many diasporeans come back here and become leaders and continue the crookery! Mbadinuju of Anambra, Chimaroke of Enugu, even Ibb and OBJ were at Sandhurst at a point in their lives. So its the diasporeans that are the real wahal we have.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by mensdept: 10:50pm On Oct 25, 2010
invisible!:

Many diasporeans come back here and become leaders and continue the crookery! Mbadinuju of Anambra, Chimaroke of Enugu, even Ibb and OBJ were at Sandhurst at a point in their lives. So its the diasporeans that are the real wahal we have.

If its American visa that's troubling you then just apply for the Canadian one.

Apparently you havent read that Diaspora persons have contributed over 1 billion dollars to Nigeria's economy/families last year, and more towards health equipment, community development projects, scholarships, and many more.

Meanwhile, in Naija, silly mallams and fake pastors are there collecting their share of the loot misleading Nigerians, and speaking to god in the process. Naija girls are aristoing their youth away and Governors of the SE/SS are collecting extra oil money from NDDC to buy property in Maryland.

So again, mind yoursef
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 11:01pm On Oct 25, 2010
mens dept:

If its American visa that's troubling you then just apply for the Canadian one.

Apparently you havent read that Diaspora persons have contributed over 1 billion dollars to Nigeria's economy/families last year, and more towards health equipment, community development projects, scholarships, and many more.

Meanwhile, in Naija, silly mallams and fake pastors are there collecting their share of the loot misleading Nigerians, and speaking to god in the process. Naija girls are aristoing their youth away and Governors of the SE/SS are collecting extra oil money from NDDC to buy property in Maryland.

So again, mind yoursef

Me look for visa, try another person abeg, in your eyes every Nigerian will gladly beg to be given visa. Wrong! We are okay here so forget any useless enslavement visa.
What does it matter what billions diasporeans bring in when 90% of them are poor and homeless over there? Let them take care of our bros there first before coming back here to strut their stuff around like they are worth gold. Are they crooks there or not? Stick to the topic.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by atampakoeg(f): 11:03pm On Oct 25, 2010
Poster. You are heading for a ban. They will ban you for speaking like this. wink
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 11:08pm On Oct 25, 2010
atampakoeg:

Poster. You are heading for a ban. They will ban you for speaking like this. wink
Abiooo, make I use better lingo jare.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 25, 2010
@Poster, You have not said anything. The subject of your post is as good as "The pope is a catholic"

@moderator, pls remove this thread, no matter how true this is, this is the media/information age and we shouldn't nail ourselves. This is NairaLand
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 12:26am On Oct 26, 2010
jabbok:

@Poster, You have not said anything. The subject of your post is as good as "The pope is a catholic"

@moderator, pls remove this thread, no matter how true this is, this is the media/information age and we shouldn't nail ourselves. This is NairaLand

How would you like to hear it, it wouldnt be fair if I say Jabbok is a crook na?
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by 9ja4eva: 1:28am On Oct 26, 2010
LMAO @ Thread oooooo

@ Poster

I understand you perfectly well.I don't agree with the 85% rating.
Nigerians in Diaspora one thing i know they do is they lie a lot about what they do for a living.They never tell their people back home what their real status is.
Most Nigerians that work in club toilets for instance tell people back home that they are accountants,doctors e.t.c My thing is if you are proud of what you
do why hide it from people back home?
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 1:37am On Oct 26, 2010
9ja4eva:

LMAO @ Thread oooooo

@ Poster

I understand you perfectly well.I don't agree with the 85% rating.
Nigerians in Diaspora one thing i know they do is they lie a lot about what they do for a living.They never tell their people back home what their real status is.
Most Nigerians that work in club toilets for instance tell people back home that they are accountants,doctors e.t.c My thing is if you are proud of what you
do why hide it from people back home?

And thats the one that annoys me, many of them never washed toilets in naija. Now abroad they wash toilets, wash corpse, thief join am sef! Please try and rebrand Nigeria, any work below bank jobs, brothers beg refus it.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by atampakoeg(f): 1:43am On Oct 26, 2010
one pound = 250Naira

one dollar = 150Naira
wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by shotster50(m): 2:22am On Oct 26, 2010
@ Invisible

Sorry.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by OAM4J: 3:46am On Oct 26, 2010
invisible!:

The leopard and its spots! Many guys leave naija not because opportunities are scarce as they are quick to blurt out to every listening person, but they dont want to build from the ground up, they lack vision, patience, focus and foresight. Some are misfits who cannot bend to any rules in their environment and simply need easy money. Yahoo boys and harlots.

OP, Please stop the stereotype.

Yes some Nigerians and Nigerians in diaspora are crook but only a small percentage are. Unfortunately these few Nigerians are more popular and they make lot of noises.

Everywhere I went, what I see are many Nigerians working so hard, some even do up to 3 jobs to survive. Dont be deceived by the volume of bad news in the media - bad news sell more than good news.

Like in Italy, where they make it look like all Nigerian ladies there are prostitutes, of the thousands of Nigerian ladies in this country, those who are into prostitution can not be up to 100. But they are the ones always in d news
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by bkbabe97y(m): 3:54am On Oct 26, 2010
OAM4J:

Like in Italy, where they make it look like all Nigerian ladies there are love-peddlers, of the thousands of Nigerian ladies in this country, those who are into prostitution can not be up to 100. But they are the ones always in d news

WHAT ABOUT MICHELIN08?
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by becomrich13: 4:00am On Oct 26, 2010
Where do you get that figure. that is not true. Most people are married with families abroad. ANd they do not do crime. Do google.

1 Like

Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by DamiKhojie(m): 5:15am On Oct 26, 2010
Like someone said it's the crooks that make the most noise when they come and realize the roads aren't paved with gold that's why you think 85% of people are crooks. Believe it or not most Nigerian people in diaspora (at least in the US) do legitimate business.

1 Like

Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by Nobody: 5:32am On Oct 26, 2010
invisible!:

And thats the one that annoys me, many of them never washed toilets in naija. Now abroad they wash toilets, wash corpse, thief join am sef! Please try and rebrand Nigeria, any work below bank jobs, brothers beg refus it.

I don die!
Is that even a job?

@post
Thank you jare.
The rest of us 15% get what you're saying.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by Nobody: 5:36am On Oct 26, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I don die!
Is that even a job?

hmmm mortuary attendants, funeral home attendants.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by Nobody: 5:50am On Oct 26, 2010
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by oderemo(m): 6:14am On Oct 26, 2010
dont get you gripe mr. Invinsible. Yor ascertion of 85 per.cent comes frm where.? Anyway whats is the big diff. Btw someone doing a ddecent job to keep his fam. Together abroad or lazing around nija jobless, which would you pref? concentrate on solving the amount of joblessness in 9ja first andwhile you are it try to understand y ppl are even ready to migrate to sudan of all places. Tank u.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by shinaidowu: 6:21am On Oct 26, 2010
Hahaha if US visa is hard to get,try a Canadian one lwkmd.Well I guess ur stats about 85 percent is very wrong don't know where you got that from. At least the people I know abroad might not all have good jobs like myself but they are definitely not all crooks.Most of them work very hard to make ends meet.They would definitely come back if the situation is favourable.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 6:28am On Oct 26, 2010
ode remo:

dont get you gripe mr. Invinsible. Yor ascertion of 85 per.cent comes frm where.? Anyway whats is the big diff. Btw someone doing a ddecent job to keep his fam. Together abroad or lazing around nija jobless, which would you pref? concentrate on solving the amount of joblessness in 9ja first andwhile you are it try to understand y ppl are even ready to migrate to sudan of all places. Tank u.
My figure comes from around me, the ones I know, the ones I hear of and the ones swearing to 'do anything' to make money once they set their foot there. It might interest you to know that a robber sought by the police here had fled to S Africa and hit millions in nine months (dont tell me he won the lottery) he came back with two SUV, bought multiple lands and his former gang members are now rushing to southie.
Those doing good business in southie are poorer than when they left here. Its only those that 'hit hard' that make it.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 6:32am On Oct 26, 2010
shinaidowu:

Hahaha if US visa is hard to get,try a Canadian one lwkmd.Well I guess your stats about 85 percent is very wrong don't know where you got that from. At least the people I know abroad might not all have good jobs like myself but they are definitely not all crooks.Most of them work very hard to make ends meet.They would definitely come back if the situation is favourable.

We know you do legitimate business, I wasnt expecting to see anyone come out and agree to robbing banks to survive there.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by johndoe200: 6:42am On Oct 26, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

I don die!
Is that even a job?

Yes, they do it. At least they did, I hear that even those jobs are no longer available for naija people.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 6:45am On Oct 26, 2010
For those doubting my figures, I didnt go abroad to count, We see it everyday here. There is this proverb that "There is no place that you have a yarm farm that will be unknown to all your kinsmen" as such, there is nowhere you go and do evil where the story/signs will not be so ominous. We know oursselves.
I dont have anything against them either, but let them stop using every opportunity to lash out against people here, thier attacks on their brothers here are too unbrotherly. One called those of us here lazy, cowards and visionless. He said the bright ones are abroad, can you imagine that? We cannot afford to look down on a whole people because they choose a way of life different from our own. Thanks.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 6:53am On Oct 26, 2010
shotster50:

@ Invisible

Sorry.
[/quote)

Apology accepted.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by bkbabe97y(m): 8:36am On Oct 26, 2010
invisible!:

My figure comes from around me, the ones I know, the ones I hear of and the ones swearing to 'do anything' to make money once they set their foot there. It might interest you to know that a robber sought by the police here had fled to S Africa and hit millions in nine months (dont tell me he won the lottery) he came back with two SUV, bought multiple lands and his former gang members are now rushing to southie.
Those doing good business in southie are poorer than when they left here. Its only those that 'hit hard' that make it.

Dude, ure just upset at your situation in life, thats what I see! Deceive urself all u want, your miserable financial situation is killing you and ure upset that those "Fuxcking Yankee Dudes" come home all the time and snatch up all those gals that wont even spit on u even if u paid them to splatter your face with slimy phlegm!!! Crazy talk like yours is not limited to only you, trust me; I've heard similar from my mom's family memebers . . .  . I guess its a "Third World Bitterness" thing! People upset that their nephews was born in the United States instead of under some coconut tree in Buena Ventura.  LMAO!

Dont worry, I bet once your visa application to Tahiti gets approved some of your anger will dissipate. . . . at least u'll get to eat from McDonalds and the such!
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by atampakoeg(f): 8:47am On Oct 26, 2010
bitterness towards the "truth" only makes the "truth" more glaring. If you dont fall in the percentage, what  is the reason for the attack? Will you go to CNN to prove that? Some people just amazes me. If them say you be mad man, will you go to the extreme to prove you are not? Come on. Everyone can talk. You dont have the touch to prove someone wrong while you want us to believe you.

Is it a lie that some people are crooks abroad? No.

Is it a lie some people have menial jobs abroad? No

Is it a lie some people come home to pose as what they are not? No

Is it a lie that most countries have the most of Nigerians on their watch list? No

Is it a lie that some Nigerians above are in prison? No.

Is it a lie that Nigerians are known for fraud? No

Is it a lie that 419 and yahoo yahoo is Nigerian, No.

So, which one you wan kill yourself for to disprove?

If you dont fall in any of the group, then chill, that doesnt mean others dont fall in the group.

and it is very childish for this saying that when you say people are crooks abroad, then, it is because of envy and because you dont have visas to go abroad.

When has it become a big deal to travel abroad or when has someone's citizenship put food on his or her table?
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 8:50am On Oct 26, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Dude, ure just upset at your situation in life, thats what I see! Deceive urself all u want, your miserable financial situation is killing you and ure upset that those "Fuxcking Yankee Dudes" come home all the time and snatch up all those gals that wont even spit on u even if u paid them to splatter your face with slimy phlegm!!! Crazy talk like yours is not limited to only you, trust me; I've heard similar from my mom's family memebers . . .  . I guess its a "Third World Bitterness" thing! People upset that their nephews was born in the United States instead of under some coconut tree in Buena Ventura.  LMAO!

Dont worry, I bet once your visa application to Tahiti gets approved some of your anger will dissipate. . . . at least u'll get to eat from McDonalds and the such!

See what am saying! The guilty are afraid.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by atampakoeg(f): 8:55am On Oct 26, 2010
Tell me what job someone who stoles away inside the tyre compartment of an air plane hoping to go and do in America? A bank job? or an IT job?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Four Feared Dead In Ogun Auto Crash (picture) / Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors / Agony Of Igbos In Benue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.