Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,171 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:28 AM

Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? (23211 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US / Nigerians In Syria, Are You Back Home?? / For Nigerians In The Diaspora:what Do You Miss About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by NaijaPosh(f): 9:47pm On Oct 25, 2010
If there was a relocating service for you which would offer you a good paying job and relocating services would you take it. Please answer this is for a future project

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by kcjazz(m): 10:17pm On Oct 25, 2010
I would, its not everyone that is willing to stay. I have a goal to bring change to my dear country (and it is not political) and after much contemplation, I feel I am ready to make it happen.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by atampakoeg(f): 10:19pm On Oct 25, 2010
i see this thread running into 100 pages of arguments and counter arguments.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by NaijaPosh(f): 10:21pm On Oct 25, 2010
If you could show me the link that would be helpful, but this is not for the sake to just say this actually to make a reality of the situation
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by invisible2(m): 10:26pm On Oct 25, 2010
kcjazz:

I would, its not everyone that is willing to stay. I have a goal to bring change to my dear country (and it is not political) and after much contemplation, I feel I am ready to make it happen.
But, Why try to relocate them? They left on their own and should arise and go back to their fathers compound when they want to.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by NaijaPosh(f): 10:28pm On Oct 25, 2010
I think you misunderstood the question. A lot of young Nigerians want to go home and work, to help the economy. People such as myself who were not born in Nigeria it is not that easy for it to happen. Not all of us have those connects with people back in Nigeria to make this happen.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by atampakoeg(f): 10:34pm On Oct 25, 2010
Most people left Nigeria to go abroad without knowing anyone there, so, i think it shouldnt be a problem the other way round.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by NaijaPosh(f): 10:36pm On Oct 25, 2010
Well the issue is abroad is ware immigrants are coming to the country so its easier to adapt. Nigeria is a harder terrain and so many people I know in the US want to go home but really don't know how
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by 9icest: 10:39pm On Oct 25, 2010
Another unemployed useless and brain-dead Nigerian asking me what im going to come do in the hell-hole, voted with the most happiest idiots oops inhabitants in the world.
Well, Nigerians are majorly idle minds, let the arguments begin grin
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by atampakoeg(f): 10:43pm On Oct 25, 2010
Poster. If you realy want to go to Nigeria. My first advice is for you to stay away from Naira Land completely. You can never be told the truth here.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by NaijaPosh(f): 10:44pm On Oct 25, 2010
One I work with a premiere African Trade and investment firm in Washington DC. So please get all of your facts straight before you being to talk. This forum is for people looking to go back home not people like you who is happy with their 9-5 job to come home and never amount to anything. I am actually meeting with the Nigerian Ambassador tomorrow in order for a real change to occur and I laugh at your stupidity to think that this is open for argument.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by NaijaPosh(f): 10:45pm On Oct 25, 2010
Im not looking for the truth just looking to see what people say I already have myself aligned for employment back home my Dad owns a computer company.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Osama10(m): 10:46pm On Oct 25, 2010
I think within each person, when the time comes nobody would tell you what to do.Whether to stay or relocate.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by invisible2(m): 10:52pm On Oct 25, 2010
9icest:

Another unemployed useless and brain-dead Nigerian asking me what im going to come do in the hell-hole, voted with the most happiest idiots oops inhabitants in the world.
Well, Nigerians are majorly idle minds, let the arguments begin grin

Calling your home a hell hole. Thats what your compound is, not Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by jason12345: 10:57pm On Oct 25, 2010
yes, i would move back home.

c'mon, i want my country to be great not for it to be underdeveloped sad
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Kobojunkie: 11:22pm On Oct 25, 2010
NaijaPosh:

If there was a relocating service for you which would offer you a good paying job and relocating services would you take it. Please answer this is for a future project
Not really. I have no plans to relocate.
NaijaPosh:

Well the issue is abroad is ware immigrants are coming to the country so its easier to adapt. Nigeria is a harder terrain and so many people I know in the US want to go home but really don't know how

Not everyone of us are immigrants here. Many have actually made their homes in whatever countries they have found themselves. By the way, Are you going to include Job security in the package as well? I ask this because it is not simply the case that people do not know how to move back to Nigeria. It is more the case that they consider the risks higher for them down there than wherever it is they currently are. For instance, a man with a good job here, with no papers, would probably want to move back to Nigeria fulltime so he does not have to keep running up and down for papers. Problem however is this same man understands that should he move to Nigeria, there are no guarantees that he can continue the next to comfortable situation he has set up for himself here or can currently afford here. So he is hesitant to move back and probably ends up looking for visa wife or some other crooked way to continue to run function under radar.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by atampakoeg(f): 11:27pm On Oct 25, 2010
complete lie. and there is every possibility that he makes more money in Nigeria than he can ever make abroad. This is usually the case. Just like you want us to believe that not every one who has moved abroad from Nigeria is doing badly, it is very true also that not everyone that moves back to Nigeria will do badly, in fact, there are millions in Nigeria who will never toy with the idea of leaving their jobs and businesses in Nigeria for an un secured future in a strange man's land. It is completely wrong to assume that a return to Nigeria is a return to doomsday.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Kobojunkie: 11:29pm On Oct 25, 2010
NaijaPosh:

One I work with a premiere African Trade and investment firm in Washington DC. So please get all of your facts straight before you being to talk. This forum is for people looking to go back home not people like you who is happy with their 9-5 job to come home and never amount to anything. I am actually meeting with the Nigerian Ambassador tomorrow in order for a real change to occur and I laugh at your stupidity to think that this is open for argument.

No need to be condescending. Isn't it a 9-5 or should I say a 5am-19pm you are looking to offer those with plans to move back to Nigeria? lol

Anywho, meeting the Nigerian Ambassador is one thing. I met the Ambassador once and gave him a piece of my mind. I can tell you nothing much came from that discussion as the man turned out to be an opportunist, like the many of our leaders out there. If you however believe your meeting with him tommorow will spur change, I say go for it but no need thinking you are the first to attempt that here.  grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Kobojunkie: 11:30pm On Oct 25, 2010
atampakoeg:

complete lie. and there is every possibility that he makes more money in Nigeria than he can ever make abroad. This is usually the case.

If your response is to my post, may I suggest you sign up immediately for the next English composition class at the nearest high school/college? lol
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by atampakoeg(f): 11:32pm On Oct 25, 2010
Ignored.

It is an absolute mistake to argue with an old witch.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by invisible2(m): 11:34pm On Oct 25, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Not really. I have no plans to relocate.
Not everyone of us are immigrants here. Many have actually made their homes comfortable in whatever countries they have found themselves.  Well, Are you going to include Job security in the package as well? I say this because it is not simply the case that people do not know how to move back to Nigeria. It is more the case that they consider the risks higher for them down there than wherever it is they currently are. For instance, a man with a good job here, with no papers, would probably want to move back to Nigeria fulltime so he does not have to keep running up and down for papers. Problem however is this same man understands that should he move to Nigeria, there are no guarantees that he can continue the next to comfortable situation he has set up for himself here or can currently afford here. So he is hesitant to move back and probably ends up looking for visa wife or some other crooked way to continue to run function under radar.

Your last sentence goes on to prove that its not as rosy as people think. However, everyone should be happy where the are. Nigerians go abroad with illusions, only to come back dejected.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by hackney(m): 11:34pm On Oct 25, 2010
Relocate to a good job? fair enough but what about the people?
will you change them all?

If it was just about a good job (and a crappy environment) i would have relocated since.
The factors going against relocation are too much.

people over look the little details (like mosquitoes  grin) and when they get back they are faced with the stark reality at every turn.

talkless of the african time nonsense.
NO, THANKS
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by atampakoeg(f): 11:36pm On Oct 25, 2010
mosquitoes and flu? whats the difference? You suffer mosquito in Africa, you suffer the flu abroad.

Monkey.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Kobojunkie: 11:37pm On Oct 25, 2010
invisible!:

Your last sentence goes on to prove that its not as rosy as people think. However, everyone should be happy where the are. Nigerians go abroad with illusions, only to come back dejected.

Correction: Not everyone goes abroad with illusions. Matter of fact, most people actually know what to expect. There are, however, the few who have their hands dirty with crime down in Nigeria, who feel they can continue the same abroad, but get disappointed when they realize they cannot get away with the same nonsense they have been able to back in Nigeria.

Honestly, not a lot of Nigerians move back dejected. I know people who have been here for at least a decade -- no valid papers, no criminal record and these people are hardworking and decent beings. We do not need to INSULT our own just so we can score a brownie point for the side we cling to in most of these emotion laden debates some cannot but get involved in on here.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Kobojunkie: 11:39pm On Oct 25, 2010
atampakoeg:

mosquitoes and flu? whats the difference? You suffer mosquito in Africa, you suffer the flu abroad.

Monkey.

That is a very ridiculous! You sincerely want to compare the flu to malaria? shocked shocked If that does not itself reveal not only ignorance, but stupidity, I don't what else does.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by ezeagu(m): 11:41pm On Oct 25, 2010
invisible!:

Illusions of a liveable country? undecided
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by hackney(m): 11:41pm On Oct 25, 2010
atampakoeg:

Monkey.

grin grin grin grin grin

That flu u r talking about is the ordinary flu children have in your village everytime (with those runny noses).
its just that oyibo na ajebo so they hype it and they cant deal.

As for the bird flu; all those local chicken with swollen beaks wey you dey munch for villa @ xmas na that bird flu ooo  ! !
becos say oyibo complain. abegi ! !

Rabid monkeys.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by atampakoeg(f): 11:42pm On Oct 25, 2010
Kobojunkie:

That is a very ridiculous! You sincerely want to compare the flu to malaria?  shocked shocked If that does not itself reveal not only ignorance, but stupidity, I don't what else does.

Old witch. Go back to bed. Your stupidity is written all over Nairaland. Get a life.

Influenza: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influenza

Malaria: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaria

Bleating goat.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by invisible2(m): 11:43pm On Oct 25, 2010
hackney:

Relocate to a good job? fair enough but what about the people?
will you change them all?

If it was just about a good job (and a crappy environment) i would have relocated since.
The factors going against relocation are too much.

people over look the little details (like mosquitoes  grin) and when they get back they are faced with the stark reality at every turn.

talkless of the african time nonsense.
NO, THANKS
[/quote

You stingy o. Just small blood wey mosquito will draw and you are complaining, does the mosquitoes use syringe?
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by Kobojunkie: 11:45pm On Oct 25, 2010
atampakoeg:

Old witch. Go back to bed. Your stupidity is written all over Nairaland. Get a life.

I am guessing this is yet another reincarnation of Nairaland's village idi-ot? He has a hard time changing his M.O, no matter how many ID's he comes back with.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by hackney(m): 11:45pm On Oct 25, 2010
The most dangerous animals here na bumble bee.
Re: Nigerians In The Diaspora Would You Move Back Home ? by hackney(m): 11:47pm On Oct 25, 2010
monkey hand na keke napep.

i go die oo!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Air Peace Takes Delivery Of Second Brand New E195- E2 Aircraft / Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria / The Newly Dualized Iyere - Owo Road In Ondo State In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.