Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,984 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. (7027 Views)

Single Women Are Not Allowed To Lodge In Most Hotels In Kano State- BBC Reporter / Beautiful Pictures Of Most Nigerian Cities / Top 10 Areas In The Usa With The Most Nigerian Population. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by justwise(m): 1:37pm On Oct 26, 2010
kadman:

cheesy cheesy cheesy But you said this isn't 1908. . . Abi you no sabi use Excel !

In ur case one need 1908 tools to be able to understand where u coming from.
Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by kadman(m): 1:48pm On Oct 26, 2010
justwise:

In your case one need 1908 tools to be able to understand where u coming from.

I'm coming from the same place most gainfully employed / jobseeking women who aren't beauty queens are coming from.
Let's not go further on this, you didn't write this silly biased, uninformed thread, I have no problem with you, type your own, make I type my own.

1 Like

Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by tpia5: 7:09am On Oct 27, 2010
justwise:

There is no doubt that this thread will definately make some pple come out smoking but i don't think it got anything to do with his written English which i don't have problem with.

Yes, the thread is controversial, many will not like it but he stated that in his abstract.

my point is the poster's time would be better spent removing the enormous log in his eye ie improving his horrible english, instead of stalking nigerian women all over the place in this jobless manner.

abi what's a better way to explain this?

yorubas say ai tete m'ole, ole m'oloko.

ie trying to detract attention from your ugly inadequacies by pointing fingers at others.

hypocrisy and daftness of the highest order.

seriously, you people are ruining your generation with all this lemming crap.

1 Like

Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by electronic(m): 9:30am On Oct 27, 2010
Personaly, i think Nigerian Women (Beautiful or Ugly) should take "WORKING OUT" seriously. Maybe it has to do with the culture,lack of motivation or something, very few women care about exercising.

4 Likes

Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by megastu(m): 11:23am On Oct 27, 2010
@VicJustice,

Considering your antecedents, i want to believe your e-mail and password was hacked and the virus posted this here, not you. Please re format your system.

2 Likes

Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by wishlolia(f): 7:39pm On Oct 27, 2010
nigerians and their primitive mentality. whats the problem? someone said 60% of nigerian women are ugly (according to the way he sees them), but you people are raining insults on him for saying his mind. how is it difficult for you to understand a simple logic that people see things in different ways, and everyone has his or her own choices and preferences? cant you allow a person to be honest with his own opinion or can you force someone to see things the same way you see them?
as a matter of fact, what country is there in the whole world with 100% beautiful women? how is it very wrong to say 60% of nigerian women are ugly? if you have issues with the figure it is up to you to contest it in a civil manner instead of involving in barbaric comments like cowards.

2 Likes

Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by Tegese: 10:34am On Oct 28, 2010
wishlolia:

nigerians and their primitive mentality. whats the problem? someone said 60% of nigerian women are ugly (according to the way he sees them), but you people are raining insults on him for saying his mind. how is it difficult for you to understand a simple logic that people see things in different ways, and everyone has his or her own choices and preferences? cant you allow a person to be honest with his own opinion or can you force someone to see things the same way you see them?
as a matter of fact, what country is there in the whole world with 100% beautiful women? how is it very wrong to say 60% of nigerian women are ugly? if you have issues with the figure it is up to you to contest it in a civil manner instead of involving in barbaric comments like cowards.
Well said wishlolia, even the fact that you are female yourself makes your comments more reasonable and sincere, not like that silly and arrogant area girl who curses here and there thinking she is all that, but little does she know she is only fighting herself. @ topic, i dont really know if those claims are the reasons nigerian women are not working abroad because, i have never given a thought to the matter. but i must admit that there are more unemployed nigerian women than those in employment. and as for the presentation of nigerian women, i must admit that there is no way that there are more beautiful women in nigeria than the the ugly ones, but still, i will go for a nigerian girl any day, a good looking one though, but i avoid any girl who believes in juju. but if really nigerian girls are the most beautiful of all, why then do people encourage themselves that you dont have to marry beauty but character? but as for me, i can not marry a monkey because of character

1 Like

Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by juzme: 11:43am On Oct 28, 2010
Well, I have to agree with you in most cases but you need to use the word Nigerian girls living in Europe or Nigerians girls abroad and not Nigerian girls. I understand you used the terms in your topic but when one read your article it will seems like it is Nigerian girls that are ugly both home and abroad. Also we should not forget that most girls in europe are mostly victim of human trafficking and some of them are uneducated. When you look at those who truly come for study or visit you will always see the different.
And their problem is that they forget they are in western world and should properly take care of themselves. they allow themselve to be overweight.
I think this is a senstive topic and but I think it is important it is discussed and that Nigerian girls abroad should know how to take care of themselves.
Your colour of skin does make you ugly rather it is how you take care of yourself.
You girls should make us proud! Let everybody see the Africa queen in you whether you are married or single. You girls are not ugly naturally, cut down on those fatty food you eat and watch your weight.
The important point here is that this may be causing problem to other nigerian living in europe in terms of job hunt. If an employer find out that in your CV you are a Nigerian, the employer may drop your Cv if the employer had come encounter with a Nigerian lady before who is overweight.

2 Likes

Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by Rocktation(f): 12:41pm On Oct 28, 2010
Still trying to figure out if anything's wrong with your article. . .

2 Likes

Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by tpia5: 7:04pm On Oct 28, 2010
If an employer find out that in your CV you are a Nigerian, the employer may drop your Cv if the employer had come encounter with a Nigerian lady before who is overweight.

where do they breed you people!

the employer wouldnt be reluctant because of nigerian 419, right?

it's because he had an encounter with a nigerian lady who was overweight.

some of you posters are getting dafter and dafter.

now, is this intentional or you really are this s.tupid.
Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by OmoTier1(m): 12:31pm On Oct 29, 2010
@Poster;
Did any Nigerian sugar mummy on UK Benefit dumb you lately? shocked For all I know most Nigerian women in the UK are gainfuly employed. The majority that aint that I KNOW are those who came to the UK in the late 70s or early 80s, who now have children old and rich enough to look after them in the UK in addition to their leen UK pension.

I think the poster should retract this insult as Nigerian women are known to be very hard working and not like SOME of thier asian or the MAJORITY of their UK counter part!
Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by naijadiva2(f): 3:50pm On Oct 29, 2010
u should change the title to this thread, has little to do with your actual post.

Anyhoo, all i have to say is "the poster aint lying" *shrugs*.

1 Like

Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by justwise(m): 3:52pm On Oct 29, 2010
naija_diva:

u should change the title to this thread, has little to do with your actual post.

hmmmm. . . interesting
Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by member65: 9:07pm On Oct 29, 2010
megastu:

@VicJustice,

Considering your antecedents, i want to believe your e-mail and password was hacked and the virus posted this here, not you. Please re format your system.
You read my mind. I have always pictured him as an upstanding guy. This is an all time low in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by Busybody2(f): 11:16pm On Oct 29, 2010
I am sticking to the recession story cool I'm only back on this thread to wish Tegese a happy new year, long time no hear, na ya face be this cheesy
Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by funkybaby(f): 9:19am On Oct 31, 2010
megastu:

@VicJustice,

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

_________:

You read my mind. I have always pictured him as an upstanding guy. This is an all time low in my opinion.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[size=5pt]i refuse to post anything naughty. today is sunday ![/size]
Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by kadman(m): 11:52am On Oct 31, 2010
tpia@:

where do they breed you people!

the employer wouldnt be reluctant because of nigerian 419, right?

it's because he had an encounter with a nigerian lady who was overweight.

some of you posters are getting dafter and dafter.

now, is this intentional or you really are this s.tupid.

I ask myself the same thing. Maybe the employer is scared the overweight "Nigerian" woman would eat him (even though Western countries have the highest cases of obesity in the world)

silly people.
Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by Tegese: 7:46pm On Nov 02, 2010
Busy_body:

I am sticking to the recession story cool I'm only back on this thread to wish Tegese a happy new year, long time no hear, na ya face be this cheesy
Hey conqueror, i just saw your hand work, you have prevailed again. long ago i realised you dont take up a case of blame and whenever you take up a case, you emerge victorious. but which happy new year you dey wish me at this time of the year undecided
Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by wishlolia(f): 9:51pm On Nov 05, 2010
naija_diva:

am glad to see another female person taking side with the poster. i'm with you jare
Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by KissIkebe(f): 5:13pm On May 01, 2011
Thumb up for this thread, it takes boldness to openly declare such observations. Make una no vex

2 Likes

Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by uzoo: 11:15am On May 03, 2011
wow,i'm still getting dizzy from all the comments here,i admire the fact that the post warned you all before he went on to write about this,i can only imagine that without being sentimental,he is only making an observation.
Now having said that ,i believe every job title/description has its requirements regardless of where the job may be located.(home or abroad)for instance if v happen to work in the hospitality,travel and tourism sector you are expected to be smart,fit,polite and wear a smiling face always(even if its an ''ugly'' face)am speaking from experience,so i guess its different strokes for different folks.

3 Likes

Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by lovemoi2(f): 10:28am On May 06, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-135911.64.html

poster has always hated black women. Notting new maybe self hate. But i gata admit, he aint lying either

1 Like

Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by AjanleKoko: 9:38am On May 07, 2011
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I don't know which is funnier, the OP or the responses.
I guess it prolly has to do with the naija women in his orbit or something.
Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by Vicjustice: 3:53pm On May 07, 2011
lovemoi2:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-135911.64.html

poster has always hated black women. Notting new maybe self hate. . .

The fact that i wrote the articles both in the link that you provided and the one in this very thread does not mean that i'm a hater of black women, but rather, it means that i'm being honest with my observations, my feelings and my opinions about Nigerian women.
   If anyone feels personally offended by the contents or part of the articles, it therefore means that the individual is associated with the undesired characteristics that i mentioned, and therefore, i owe no such person any apology.

lovemoi2:

. . .But i gata admit, he aint lying either
   You're blessed   kiss
Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by Vicjustice: 4:00pm On May 07, 2011
uzoo:

wow,i'm still getting dizzy from all the comments here,i admire the fact that the post warned you all before he went on to write about this,i can only imagine that without being sentimental,he is only making an observation.
Now having said that ,i believe every job title/description has its requirements regardless of where the job may be located.(home or abroad)for instance if v happen to work in the hospitality,travel and tourism sector you are expected to be smart,fit,polite and wear a smiling face always(even if its an ''ugly'' face)am speaking from experience,so i guess its different strokes for different folks.
You're indeed a wise one
Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by JJM(f): 1:42pm On May 13, 2011
@vicjustice, before you decide to rain abuses on me- I am definitely not fat(lepa for life), not ugly, not unemployed or without prospects so I do not have a complex about what you posted as it does not remotely apply to me.

I am just of the opinion that your post/view on the topic is extremely shallow and ignorant. You are perfectly entitled to your view and I am entitled to agree with it or not and in this case, we will just have to agree to disagree.

cool

1 Like

Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by iice(f): 7:05am On May 15, 2011
looool.
Well i better start working out if i wanna get out of my 'sh[i]i[/i]t-packing job cheesy
Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by debosky(m): 4:05pm On May 23, 2011
iice:

looool.
Well i better start working out if i wanna get out of my 'sh[i]i[/i]t-packing job cheesy

Working out can't help you iice. . . .those love handles and huge calves of yours can't be fixed through exercise - in sh[i]i[/i]t-packing thou shalt remain! cheesy
Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by AjanleKoko: 5:12pm On May 23, 2011
iice:

looool.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
After the numerous pounded yam meals quaffed away with goat head pepper soup?
E no dey happen o! Just get married to Vicjustice grin
Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by iice(f): 2:48am On May 24, 2011
debosky:

Working out can't help you iice. . . .those love handles and huge calves of yours can't be fixed through exercise - in sh[i]i[/i]t-packing thou shalt remain! cheesy
Debo take your time oooo angry I no go vex for you. Your tura products in the first place helped me get my sh[i]i[/i]t packing job.

AjanleKoko:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
After the numerous pounded yam meals quaffed away with goat head pepper soup?
E no dey happen o! Just get married to Vicjustice grin
lmao. Why una dey discourage me nau! Ok i will change my diet and work out. That should help abi not?
Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by dotcomnamename: 3:22am On Dec 28, 2013
Vicjustice:    Please, be advised that some of the contents of this thread may be considered offensive to the sensibility of some people, therefore, reader's discretion is advised. Please, quit this thread now if you think it is offensive to call a Chimp ugly. But if you wish to proceed, then read the articles with open heart, not taking its contents into personal account as the contents are not intended to attack any particular individual in any way, but rather a general criticism as it may seem: the write-up is a perspective as according to my personal observations. Therefore, if you feel the article is offensive in any way, shape or form, you're free to express your concern by making your comments in a civil manner.
   I PERSONALLY NOTE THAT MANY NIGERIAN WOMEN IN EUROPE ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS FOR SEVERAL REASONS WHICH I CAN ARGUABLY CLAIM.
* Arguably, at least six in ten Nigerian women are qualified to be called ugly judging from their facial looks.
   Now, some jobs require ladies with graceful physical appearances as they are deemed appealing to customers or guests; but unfortunately, most Nigerian women are not the favourites for such jobs as they lack the physical presentation suitable for them.

Another thing about Nigerian women is the way they transform from figure 8 into round shape just within a short period after leaving Nigeria: hardly would you see Nigerian women in shape as soon as they start eating western food, even those back in Nigeria are not spared from this shapelessness especially when they consider themselves wealthy.

*   It is remarkable that most Nigerian women who have given birth never get back to shape, they never bother to loss the pregnancy weight and make themselves attractive again. Actually, it seems to be their policy that whoever has had a child birth is considered expired and therefore good for only one thing, bringing up the children. How many Nigerian women can boast of having flat belly especially after given birth?

Now, it is essential for a woman to appear smart and look fit as is required by most jobs especially when they are physically demanding. No company manager wants to employ a woman who would break her ankle while working under necessary pressure. Yes, i know that a lot of Europeans are heavy, but as a foreigner, one is expected to be more physically fit in order to be considered the fovourite against the locals for some certain jobs.

Again, another remarkable characteristic of most Nigerian woman is the GRIMACE FACE. As if it is not enough that they don't have the most beautiful faces, it is notable that Nigerian women are known to have the most angry looking faces, lacking the least element of smile, scowling their faces as if disgusted by some foul smell, even when they say "hi" or greet you "good-morning", there is just no smile going with them.

Another ugly part of Nigerian women are their knuckles and fingers, you'd observe that these parts of their hands usually have patching colours here and there. Also, take a look at their legs when they are not dressed in pair of trousers, the legs of a typical Nigerian woman is usually scared and the marks are noticeable with their dark patches and hairy surrounds.

Also, observe the walking style of Nigerian women, you'd see that the majority of them are sluggish and uncoordinated, their steps are awkward and dragging, lacking grace or skills in their manner or movement or performances, the fact is, their bodies become difficult to control or manage especially because of shape.

Additionally, some Nigerian women give birth like Gypsy women, this is another contributing factor that makes them unavailable for employment as their hands are full with children upbringing responsibilities.
   Honestly, though it may seem rude, but i don't think i'm far from the truth in saying that the vast majority of Nigerian women in Europe are below average in terms of beauty or presentation

Vicjustice, i smell 50% of bias in your topic for the below reason grin:

If your wife is a Nigerian and not oyinbo, your write up would be 90% other way round.

I think i will change my wife to oyinbo too O! grin
Re: SOME OF THE REASONS MOST NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE NOT IN EMPLOYMENTS ABROAD. by Originalsly: 12:58pm On Dec 28, 2013
I am not in total agreement but some of his points are valid. In the West....employers in general will find an excuse to not hire you if you are fat....Nigerian or not.. but naturally...a Nigerian/foreigner would have an even slimmer chance of being hired. Image plays a big role in scoring a job...especially in ones that require interaction with the public. I wouldn't say ugly since that is subjective....but if someone is not naturally pleasant... has a "do not disturb" facial expression with matching voice...then that person would not have a fat chance of being hired. There is some merit in what OP said...just that some people can't deal with it...but like he said from jump...if you have thin skin...keep it moving.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Evolving City Of Uyo / Arik Air Is A Hoax And A Scam! / Which Is Cheaper First Bank, Diamond Bank, Gtb Debit Card For Nigerians Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.