Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,477 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? (16472 Views)

Boko Haram Wants To Kill Me For Converting To Christianity”–Islamic Cleric’s Son / Why Do God Have To Create People GAY? Why? / Did God Create Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Tudor6(f): 12:30pm On Oct 27, 2010
jusRadical:

ROSSIKE! ROSSIKE!! ROSSIKE!!! How many times did I call you? Stop talking of things bigger than you ooooo!!!! Hhhhmmmmm!!!!! I beg you, do not incur the wrath of GOD in your sin ridden life ooooo. Go and ask people that debated on this issue and died without repentance where they are now. He that has ear let him hear oooooo!
You know, you guys make this your God sound like a jobless buffoon.

With all the hunger, poverty, pain and oppression, dying children, disasters etc in this world, You mean he/she/it has no better job to do than to stand guard at Rossikie's oral cavity and start recording every sentence oozing out?
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 27, 2010
Tudór. People like you have come and gone. So your type is not new. It is evident that you are frustrated in life and you think that you can draw attention by casting aspersion on our savior JESUS CHRIST. people like you are not even worth the towel that satan uses to wash his hands after his operations. Why did JESUS still chose Judas Iscariot as one of HIS disciples, HE wanted to show us that there will be people of evil characters and intent among HIS sheep. This issue of people doing all sorts of disgusting things in the place of worship (say church) dates back to even before the death of CHRIST. Why did he upturn the table of money changes in those days! Your views about CHRIST is immaterial, of no consequence and can never change the TRUTH that JESUS CHRIST THE SON OF THE LIVING  GOD IS THE SAVIOR OF MANKIND (the world)! Ask people that disputed this when you see them and know their fate. Or may be when you die you will know their fate. REPENT NOW!!! Before it would be too late for you.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by lonelydude: 12:49pm On Oct 27, 2010
@ Rosikke and the likes,

A friend made a statement that touched and I believe must have change so many lives and that statement goes thus:

"I RATHER LIVE A GODLY LIFE AND DIE TO FIND OUT THAT THERE IS NO GOD THAN TO LIVE A SINFUL(AND IGNORANT) LIFE ONLY TO DIE AND FACE JUDGEMENT AND GO TO HELL."

I am facing a very challenging situation in my life right now but God has been seeing me through even though the answers have not manifested.
If it's frustration that's making you talk that way, I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT GOD MAKES ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL IN HIS OWN TIME (ECCL. 3:11)

I pray God touches your heart someday.
Shalom
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 27, 2010
Tudor or Tador whatever is your name, do not complain about what you think is hunger, poverty, pain and oppression, dying children, disasters etc  in this world, you ain't seen nothing yet. The period of tribulation is still coming: not yet here. Had it been that satan the devil had not blinded your eyes and mind, you would have seen the book of Matthew 24 or read the Holy Bible to know that what is happening now in the world and what will happen had been spoken of by GOD and our savior JESUS CHRIST more than 2000 years ago.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by 702: 12:53pm On Oct 27, 2010
@poster
u r high on cheap and expired drugs!!! shocked
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by TCD: 12:56pm On Oct 27, 2010
Jesus died because he loves us. Believe in him and you will be saved
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by udennaa: 1:00pm On Oct 27, 2010
@poster,it makes absolutely no sense to you just as your life makes no sense without JESUS!
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by chakula: 1:05pm On Oct 27, 2010
jusRadical:

Tudor or Tador whatever is your name, do not complain about what you think is hunger, poverty, pain and oppression, dying children, disasters etc  in this world, you ain't seen nothing yet. The period of tribulation is still coming: not yet here. Had it been that satan the devil had not blinded your eyes and mind, you would have seen the book of Matthew 24 or read the Holy Bible to know that what is happening now in the world and what will happen had been spoken of by GOD and our savior JESUS CHRIST more than 2000 years ago.

YOU deserve a medical CHECK UP.

jusRadical:

Tudór. People like you have come and gone. So your type is not new. It is evident that you are frustrated in life and you think that you can draw attention by casting aspersion on our savior JESUS CHRIST. people like you are not even worth the towel that satan uses to wash his hands after his operations. Why did JESUS still chose Judas Iscariot as one of HIS disciples, HE wanted to show us that there will be people of evil characters and intent among HIS sheep. This issue of people doing all sorts of disgusting things in the place of worship (say church) dates back to even before the death of CHRIST. Why did he upturn the table of money changes in those days! Your views about CHRIST is immaterial, of no consequence and can never change the TRUTH that JESUS CHRIST THE SON OF THE LIVING  GOD IS THE SAVIOR OF MANKIND (the world)! Ask people that disputed this when you see them and know their fate. Or may be when you die you will know their fate. REPENT NOW!!! Before it would be too late for you.

I think every person here (NL) has right to aired out HIS/HER VIEW.

702:

@poster
u r high on cheap and expired drugs!!! shocked

Insult is not welcome in NL and is against the rule. mind your tongue.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by real4jesus: 1:06pm On Oct 27, 2010
for all those who have spoken Ridicule against God, u have your self to blame

cos only a fool says there is no God! u are too little to want to understand God!
it is like digging a hoe and saying you want to empty the whole ocean into that whole

there is no searching of his knowledge
thers is no understanding of his power
HE IS THE I AM THAT IAM,
even if u have no respect for your earthly parents, FEAR GOD,
his wrath is too great u said in your own word that the earth is too little u can imagine how humans are

just the way u draw an image with pencil on a paper and erase it or use yur finger to draw on the sand and wipe off
that is how God can take us out of existence,
be carfeful for this little tongue of yours can set fire to your whole being
GUIDE YOUR HEART WITH ALL DILIGENCE FOR OUT OF IT FLOWS THE ISSUES OF LIFE. DO NOT JOKE WITH GOD! U ARE TOO LITTLE FOR HIM
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by shadrach77: 1:08pm On Oct 27, 2010
though someone has answered the question but let me simplify it further. Just because God is God does not mean He does anything at will. God created rules to govern His creation and He lives by those rules. Part of those rules is that there is no forgiveness without the remmision of blood. For sin to be forgiven there has to be a sacrifice and the shedding of blood. For us to be reconciled back to God, there has to be a sacrifice and God decided His son Jesus would be the ultimate sacrifice in order to make it easy for us to be reconciled back to Him.  cool cool
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 27, 2010
ROSSIKE, Tudor (or Tador) and the likes, Please read what lonelydude posted seriously. No matter your frustrations in life are, JESUS CHRIST has the only capacity to give you hope. No matter how much you have sinned against HIM, HE can still forgive now that there is still life in this breathe of yours. HE knows that you will be rebellious  to HIM that is why HE is giving you a second chance to come to HIM. He said that all that labour and are heavy laddened like me, you and other people, other lives should come to HIM. HE forgave people that said worse things to HIM than you are saying. Do this today and you will see the light in HIM.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by smilingjee(m): 1:13pm On Oct 27, 2010
Important Recall,

The maker of human beings is recalling all units manufactured,
regardless of make or year, due to a serious defect in the primary
central component, or heart. This is due to a malfunction in the
two original prototype units, resulting in the reproduction of
the same defect in all subsequent units.

This defect has been technically termed, "Subsequent Internal
Non-morality," or more commonly known as S-I-N, as it is primarily
recognized by loss of moral judgment. Some other symptoms are:
(a) Loss of direction
(b) Foul vocal emissions
(c) Amnesia of origin
(d) Lack of peace and joy
(e) Selfish, or violent, behavior
(f) Depression or confusion in the mental compartment

The manufacturer, who is neither liable nor at fault for this defect, is
providing factory authorized repair and service, free of charge, to
correct this S-I-N defect, at numerous locations throughout the world.

For more information, see the owners manual, (the Holy Bible).
For further assistance, visit your local Kingdom Hall.

WARNING: Continuing to operate the human unit without correction
voids the manufacturer's warranty, exposing the owner to dangers and
problems too numerous to list, and will result in the human
unit being rendered permanently inoperable.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 27, 2010
Shadrack77. Yeah! That is the point. GOD bless you real good.

CASE CLOSED.

Next topic please
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Tudor6(f): 1:16pm On Oct 27, 2010
real4jesus:

for all those who have spoken Ridicule against God, u have your self to blame

cos only a fool says there is no God! u are too little to want to understand God!
it is like digging a hoe and saying you want to empty the whole ocean into that whole

there is no searching of his knowledge
thers is no understanding of his power
HE IS THE I AM THAT IAM,
even if u have no respect for your earthly parents, FEAR GOD,
his wrath is too great u said in your own word that the earth is too little u can imagine how humans are

just the way u draw an image with pencil on a paper and erase it or use yur finger to draw on the sand and wipe off
that is how God can take us out of existence,
be carfeful for this little tongue of yours can set fire to your whole being
GUIDE YOUR HEART WITH ALL DILIGENCE FOR OUT OF IT FLOWS THE ISSUES OF LIFE. DO NOT JOKE WITH GOD! U ARE TOO LITTLE FOR HIM

How can you Love and FEAR something at the same time?
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by akossyy: 1:26pm On Oct 27, 2010
becos of our sin,
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 27, 2010
Tudor, HE sure loves you. No matter what your sins you have committed. HE died for you.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Sweetnecta: 1:35pm On Oct 27, 2010
@To the christians; I was just going to respond to Sexxxxy about what she thought was so profound about Daylae's fable. Then I ran into the Revelation and John 3;16 guys (Exponentials and JustRadical).

Sexxxxy and Daylae; Who told you that death is the result of sin, or sin causes death? The holiest man in recent history; Catholic will call them "Holy Fathers", they are all dead.

Other christian denominations, including straight laced Protestants; their holiest people died.

Father Abraham, the father of Faith[s] is dead, long time.

Moses of the Jews is dead.

Muhammad (AS) for us Muslims is dead, too.

Jesus son of Mary, your god is not here, anymore, because God raised him up to himself, away from those who were truly after his life. Based on the suffering that he experience before he was raised up, you have made him god, and even son of God, when you will never admit that Mary his mother had sex with God. The same God had created Adam from dirt. Then created Eve from the rib of Adam. Both of these two "FIRST" male and female came to existence fully matured.  

You think God needs to kill a reluctant soul so that we dont have to die? Have you seen anyone remained on earth from among those who believe this idea? If not, then what kind of death is God preventing us from experiencing by killing His "only begotten son", which came about with a ghost over shadowing and coming upon a virgin girl? Please give us proof and not just opinion that there is no sex, but a true God's baby came out, and he is a sin cleanser for us. Give us statement from Jesus, not from somebody else. If he was for all mankind, then those noble souls listed above who died before his birth and his alleged death are in situation of no mercy with God, is what you are saying. If they are not in any hardship with God, then your idea about Jesus being a preventer of punishment or cleanser from sin falls flat on its face.

God Who created mankind all by Himself does not need helper to forgive or not punish man, the reason He sent warners and road map to mankind, from Adam till the last of the warners (Messengers and Prophets (AS)). How is it that God had to change His way when it comes to Jesus and mankind from the time of the birth of Jesus onward? Is that not unfairness to those who died before the ministry of Jesus? Is therefore Christian God, nt the Author of confusion and unfairness, if this is the case?

As to Revelation and John verses, above, Jesus as anything more special than Moses, for example is not proven by either. To be son of God, if sex took place is a mere glorification. To be begotten son means sired. To be the only begotten son means the only time siring process happened. Please tell us Mary is the wife, since she was the mother. I will therefore shut my mouth, if you can say it.

Please give us evidence, not just flat statement as if we are all light in our thinking.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 27, 2010
Tudor, HE sure loves you. No matter the sins you have committed. HE died for your sins because HE doesn't want you to die for them. He died to set your free because him whom HE sets free, is free indeed.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 27, 2010
I think people should at least read or study their Bibles before rushing off to their keyboards. Sweetnecta, Please go through your Bible if you have one first. If you go to church, forget about their teachings for now and search the scriptures for yourself
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by bros1234(m): 2:19pm On Oct 27, 2010
So you dont know that tudor means witchcraft. stay and keep arguing with an old stupid village wizard. Wait, more of his kinsmen are coming
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by opabukun(m): 2:25pm On Oct 27, 2010
@ poster, u r rite about the mistery of TRINITY, DEATH on the CROSS blablabla only if u can answer this question

WHERE IS UR BODY & SOUL WHILE SLEEPING?
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Image123(m): 2:30pm On Oct 27, 2010
Tudór:

How can you Love and FEAR something at the same time?
I've seen people love and fear their parents, i've seen people love and fear their spouse, and i've seen people love and fear God.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by opabukun(m): 2:38pm On Oct 27, 2010
Ur answer??

GOD is greater than us all; anybody you can tink of!

After the fall of man via sin in d garden of eden, people reconcile self to God by killing bulls/rams/dove etc 4 atonement of sin(s). but if we shld be doing same in dis generation, considering our population, how many animals will remain? considering our wealth, only d rich will be able to do so.

but God want a universal,no cost way of reconciliation to Him, then He send who was ready ("who shall go, "winkto die 4 our sins cos He knows people will not accept Him, ", and they sought to kill Him".

He was where we are. He was wat we are etc so we can know it is possible to live in this world of sins without being a sinner. ", for He was without blemish".
He died and rose again & ascended to heaven. An assurance of a live after death; the purpose of our existing.

He died that we may live!
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by 36Governor: 2:48pm On Oct 27, 2010
@Poster,

Thank you for bringing this topic up. I have been having this forlorn hope on Christianity for sometime now and i do hope some rational one will be patient enough to explain all the grey areas to me and not bug me with human reasoning can not be used to judge God.

What is original sins?

Who is God ?

Who is Jesus ?

Why must he have to die for us to be saved?

I rest my other questions for now.

Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Sweetnecta: 3:11pm On Oct 27, 2010
Only a bad father will hang around to see his son get killed so that those who are not his son get to live well and be happy.

God of the Christians must have hated His son to have allowed his death for those who are not as dear to Him as the son.

Sorry. I think He loved the lesser people than His own Only begotten son.

In a "NUT"(Crazy)shell, He is not a good Father. Or the son is not a good son. Definitely a fake.

Who is the wife and will stand around doing nothing with the husband about this? Maybe the relationship is sour, or it was all a lie.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Image123(m): 3:17pm On Oct 27, 2010
M.W.Smith, Baloche and LeBlanche put it this way.
Above all powers, above all
kings
Above all nature and all
created things
Above all wisdom and all
the ways of man
You were here before the
world began
Above all kingdoms, above
all thrones
Above all wonders the
world has ever known
Above all wealth and
treasures of the earth
There's no way to measure
what you're worth
Crucified
Laid behind a stone
You lived to die
Rejected and alone
Like a rose
Trampled on the ground
You took the fall
And thought of me
Above all
Above all powers, above all
kings
Above all nature and all
created things
Above all wisdom and all
the ways of man
You were here before the
world began
Above all kingdoms, above
all thrones
Above all wonders the
world has ever known
Above all wealth and
treasures of the earth
There's no way to measure
what you're worth
Crucified
Laid behind a stone
You lived to die
Rejected and alone
Like a rose
Trampled on the ground
You took the fall
And thought of me
Above all
Crucified
Laid behind a stone
You lived to die
Rejected and alone
Like a rose
Trampled on the ground
You took the fall
And thought of me
Above all
Like a rose
Trampled on the ground
You took the fall
And thought of me
Above all
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by shadrach77: 3:17pm On Oct 27, 2010
jusRadical:

Shadrack77. Yeah! That is the point. GOD bless you real good.

CASE CLOSED.

Next topic please
thanx jusraadical  cheesy cheesy - some people are just here to cause mischief but for those who are really serious about finding answers to the question, refer to my previous comment on the topic. Moreso, we need to realise that God is holy and no form of sin can come near Him. Since the fall of man (from the garden of Eden) man had fallen and he had been separated from God since God cannot behold sin. The only thing that could redeem man and take him to his former place was through sacrifice through blood - please check [size=13pt]Hebrews 9:22[/size] for reference
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by real4jesus: 3:26pm On Oct 27, 2010
Sweetnecta:

Only a bad father will hang around to see his son get killed so that those who are not his son get to live well and be happy.

God of the Christians must have hated His son to have allowed his death for those who are not as dear to Him as the son.

Sorry. I think He loved the lesser people than His own Only begotten son.

In a "NUT"(Crazy)shell, He is not a good Father. Or the son is not a good son. Definitely a fake.

Who is the wife and will stand around doing nothing with the husband about this? Maybe the relationship is sour, or it was all a lie.
RIDICULOUS!BLASPHEMY! DO NOT BE USED AS AN AGENT OF DEVIL AND HIS DEMONS COS AFTER THE DEATH OF YOUR BODY THERE IS THE SECOND DEATH OF THE SOUL/SPIRIT.THIS LATTER DEATH U SHOULD FEAR MOST COST THAT IS THE DEATH CHRIST CAME TO RESCUE US FROM,NOT FROM THE FIRST DEATH OF THE BODY,
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by t0kunb0(m): 4:13pm On Oct 27, 2010
@"all religious xtians in here"
A lot of u don't know d "God" u claim 2 serve. Someone asks simple logical questions which u all can't provide simple logical answers to asides claimin d questionaire's under d influence of d devil. Pityful
Hw about u address d issues wifout chasing shadows. Unfortunately d bible(which was designed to kip xtianity alive) is d only reference book availab which (unfortunately again) cannot be questioned
In conclusion, pretend to be a non-xtian for a minute and see how xtianity doesn't make any sense b4 u condemm d dude dat doesn't want 2 bliv in it blindly
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by gohkay: 4:25pm On Oct 27, 2010
Rosike smiley, what you're doing alongside your sect is better explained in the bible: ", but the natural man (unregenerated) receives not the things of Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned[b] (1 Corinthians 2:14)[/b]. Truly you know nothing and you know what an empty barrel you are. This is not for your reading pleasure but for your learning, perherps God may open the eyes of your understanding and save you and your follower,s dear souls:

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God has showed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understod by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified Him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools. Romans 1:16-22

Hear me, the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. This includes you and your followers. So, be smart to take advantage of this grace and not frustrate it. For the scriptures say: how shall we escape if we neglect so great salvation: which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him (Hebrew 2:3). Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved (Acts 2:21). This is your opportunity. Call upon him now. If you would, say this prayer now:

Father I come to you in the name of the Lord JesusChrist. I believe in my heart that Jesus is the son of God. I believe he died for me. I believe you raised him from the dead. I confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord. I receive him as my Lord and saviour. I receive eternal life into my spirit. I declare that I am saved; I am born-again; Iam a child of God. I now have Christ dwelling in me and greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world! I now walk in the conciousness of my new life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!

I wish you the very best.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Dauchman(m): 4:31pm On Oct 27, 2010
@OP i pose this question, of all other planets in our solar system, how many have we found to have life, yeah i know the answer is zero.

Secondly take a good look around you and tell me you think everything around you was an accident, a Big bang like our scientists say.

Was there really a man called Jesus who died 2000years ago and claimed to be God, yes there was and further research has been done by lots of atheists to disprove this but they come up with the same answer, Jesus existed 2000 years ago, was crucified, rose from the dead, and the good news was spread by 12 men called the apostles.

I just wonder how 12 people were able to tell a lie that got so big and is heard all over the world today without flinching or saying something different. I am sure you have heard of the water gate scandal they couldn't even keep there lie together for a year.

Until you understand that our God is spiritual and does not set standards for us that he himself cannot keep to then you will never understand the ways of the Lord.

O! just to let you know, i don't think there is anything wrong with you and i think its wrong for anyone to say so to you. Instead i would expect a good christian to explain and make things clearer to you.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Elebiju: 4:36pm On Oct 27, 2010
ROSSIKE i remember you vividly you are the 161st evil spirit sent by lucifer to manipulate the world but hear this you doomed creature your father lucifer has failed again go tell him that and as for you are damned you will never find the knowledge you seek

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Thread For The Intelligent. Let's Put Critical Thought To Work / Francisca Emmanuel: Ritual Is Biblical - Nigerian Pastor Tells Congregation / MFM POWER MUST CHANGE HANDS JUNE 2017 SERMON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.