Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,021 members, 7,799,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Lamido Criticises Northern Presidency Advocates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lamido Criticises Northern Presidency Advocates (500 Views)

APC Activist Omojuwa Criticises Buhari Government. / President Jonathan Visits Emir Of Kano, Lamido Sanusi (Photos) / I am Now Sarkin, Not Emir Of Kano - Sanusi Lamido (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lamido Criticises Northern Presidency Advocates by Charlesook(m): 10:47am On Oct 26, 2010
Politicians insisting that the North must produce the President in 2011 were on Monday upbraided by Jigawa State Governor, Alhaji Sule Lamido, who stated that the advocates had no moral justification to pursue their agitation.

Lamido also insisted that the Peoples Democratic Party family must defend the Goodluck/Sambo ticket.

Speaking when he received the Goodluck/Sambo campaign organisation in his office in Dutse, the governor explained that the proponents of Northern presidency never supported their own in office, noting that the late President Umaru Yar’Adua faced seriously opposition from the region.

“What is that thing you called northerner more than Yar’Adua? We had him, Nigerians believed in him, he restored the confidence of governance, because Nigerians saw in him a very honourable person; and yet it is us here who were undermining him.

“And God took him away; so when you are talking about a northerner, which northerner are you talking about?” he queried.

According to him, the agitation for Northern presidency showed that such politicians did not wish the region well.

Lamido explained that the Jonathan/Sambo ticket was part of the PDP victory of 2007.

“So to me, what I see in Jonathan/Sambo is a PDP victory of 2007, a PDP fortune which we must defend,” the governor said. He pointed out that politics of ethnicity or religion was very dangerous to the survival of the country as one indivisible nation.

He said for the country to grow and prosper, there must be internal cohesion, noting that North or South politics must be discarded.

He said, “We shall not allow this kind of division, North, South, Christian etc and other debates. I mean it is dangerous for us.

“First, we need to come together because if we do not unite, there is nothing that Nigeria can grow.”

(1) (Reply)

Raymond Dokpesi Says Ibb Was Right To Shot Down Media Houses / Just 5 Laughs But Remember To Laugh Professionally / Aftermath Of Visit: Jonathan Under Pressure, In A Fix Over Sylva

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.