Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,542 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Is Togo A Better Place For Business Apart From Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Togo A Better Place For Business Apart From Nigeria? (4559 Views)

Apart From Blogging How Can One Make Money Online? / Ghana, Togo, Benin Increase Demand For Nigerian Gas / The Best Places To Keep Money Apart From Banks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Togo A Better Place For Business Apart From Nigeria? by nero12: 4:59pm On Oct 26, 2010
thanks all nairaland. please a very good friend of my is about to go to Togo for starting a business there. i know nothing about Togo. i will like to hear from people that have been there before or knows anything about that please (Lome)let us know he is about to go with 250,000naira and what kind of business he will start there with that amount and survive please thanks
Re: Is Togo A Better Place For Business Apart From Nigeria? by semoo: 12:53pm On Oct 29, 2010
quality wears, shoes and other items are there so also LOME PORT is d fastest and cheapest location to ship imported goods to west africa
Re: Is Togo A Better Place For Business Apart From Nigeria? by marahcn2: 7:07am On Oct 30, 2010
Dear Nero12,
Your answer is no and yes.
In terms of doing business, there is no place like Lagos, Nigeria, but because most of the fashion products like shoes, bags, belts, clothing, etc. which are currently prohibited from importation into Nigeria, can be legally imported into Togo (Lome), so many Nigerians businessmen have gone there to set up Shops.
Our company regularly exports there for our Nigerian Customers. But what I find surprising is that they also usually request that Electronic products (which can be legally imported into Nigeria) be sent there, so I guess it may be a better place for Importers. Perhaps, the Customs Clearance cost there is much lower than that of Nigeria. And if it is a better place for Importers, that also makes it a better place for buyers.
cheesy
Re: Is Togo A Better Place For Business Apart From Nigeria? by nero12: 3:34pm On Oct 30, 2010
good

(1) (Reply)

16 Organizations That Will Give You Money To Start And Grow A Business In Africa / Oil Palm Processing / Whats The Minimum Offer For Lotus Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.