Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,641 members, 7,801,867 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses (25389 Views)

Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses 2015(with Pictures) / Nollywood Actresses And Their Personal Houses/Mansions ( Photos ) / The 10 Nollywood Actresses That Are Strongly Allergic To Poor Men ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by tpia5: 10:38am On Nov 02, 2010
tunnytox:

This will be my last reply for you, It is obvious have a mental disorder and that's why you derive joy in abusing people at every slight opportunity, you can't simply make your views known without quoting other people and fighting them. My advise for you get a life! find a damn job to do and stop being a nuisance on every thread.

You may keep ranting as usual like a castrated dog if you like after this, Silence is the best answer for a FOOL

i thought you were going on and on about somebody wanting to have the last word?

bloody hypocrite and senseless i.diot that you are.

always ranting like a drug crazed buffalo.
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by chyz1: 10:51am On Nov 02, 2010
tpia@:

i thought you were going on and on about somebody wanting to have the last word?

bloody hypocrite and senseless i.diot that you are.

always ranting like a drug crazed buffalo.

Tpia u can be such a meany at times.you should behave yourself.
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by fstranger: 11:06pm On Nov 02, 2010
chyz1:

Tpia u can be such a meany at times.you should behave yourself.

Tpia needs some ding dong, prolly a horse's. Ugly girls need some loving too!
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by chyz1: 2:46am On Nov 03, 2010
fstranger:

Tpia needs some ding dong, prolly a horse's. Ugly girls need some loving too!

Tpia is my babes. I'm offended by your comment.angry
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by tpia5: 4:54am On Nov 03, 2010
^^you no go leave the sicko to his sickness?

he'll soon explain how he shagged his dogs and goats.
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by fstranger: 2:48pm On Nov 03, 2010
tpia@:

^^you no go leave the sicko to his sickness?

he'll soon explain how he shagged his dogs and goats.

You left out your mom and kid sister, yayoooooooooooooooooooo!
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by tpia5: 4:29pm On Nov 03, 2010
^^and you're still a sicko.

sleeping with goats and dogs.

bye.
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by maedan(f): 4:55pm On Nov 03, 2010
Sometimes I feel ashamed to be Nigerian when I look at some pple on this site. Someone from another nationality is interested in taking part in your movie industry/culture, and the best thing is to insult her. I worry about this NL hate culture. It makes one wonder if the haters were jilted by a white girl/guy. Anyway,
@indzsh has a good point bc in most of the Nollywood I've seen back then don't use actual "whites" for their white parts, it's always some funny-looking indian (no racism) or even a very fair African, lol. Anyway, @ OP I think you're pretty, there should be a few good roles for you in Nollywood, you don't even need to know how to act too much, ok cheesy.
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by Radiant(f): 5:07pm On Nov 03, 2010
maedan:

Sometimes I feel ashamed to be Nigerian when I look at some pple on this site. Someone from another nationality is interested in taking part in your movie industry/culture, and the best thing is to insult her. I worry about this NL hate culture. It makes one wonder if the haters were jilted by a white girl/guy. Anyway,
@indzsh has a good point bc in most of the Nollywood I've seen back then don't use actual "whites" for their white parts, it's always some funny-looking indian (no racism) or even a very fair African, lol. Anyway, @ OP I think you're pretty, there should be a few good roles for you in Nollywood, you don't even need to know how to act too much, ok cheesy.

And how do you solve the problem of poor acting skills? You even sound more confused than the poster. Nigerians!
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by maedan(f): 6:18pm On Nov 03, 2010
Radiant:

And how do you solve the problem of poor acting skills? You even sound more confused than the poster. Nigerians!

First off, the poster is not confused, so neither could I be tongue. She has seen Nigerian movies, and noticed that the "whites" used to portray white roles leave a lot to be desired. I'm sure you too, have criticised one or two (or more) Hollywood actors in your time tongue, and you don't see any of them cussing you out about it. And another thing, I said she didn't even need to be a great actor, because let's face it, you don't need much talent to make it in Nollywood tongue. Only a select few actually know how to ACT, so what are you on about a Latvian wanting to contribute to an industry she obviously admires?? Please step back and keep an open mind before you bust a nerve on NL, ok babes.
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by Radiant(f): 9:40pm On Nov 03, 2010
Like if those "white" actors acted well (good skills) you wouldn't admire them. Only a "pretty" face can act. . . LOL

Yea, you don't need much talent in Nollywood and that's why we keep wasting saliva over them day in, day out. And yet without even seeing a sec of someones work you already assume she's good. Classic! cool

BTW, the poster was mostly referring to the mixed race actresses acting "white". I don't even know where she got that from. Most of them just act, they don't pretend to be Germans acting as a Nigerian/Ghanian village champion grin

Relax girl. The poster already got the message even if she never admits it. .LOL
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 07, 2010
maedan:

Oh please. The girl is looking for exposure and trust me its not for acting. I am not Nigerian and even I see so. tongue
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by favouredjb(f): 1:04pm On Nov 10, 2010
Come down to naija if u re serious about it
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by maedan(f): 9:12pm On Nov 12, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

Oh please. The girl is looking for exposure and trust me its not for acting. I am not Nigerian and even I see so. tongue

"Exposure"?? Like seriously? This is Nollywood we're talking about here, not Hollywood. She just loves the movies and feels she could be a part of it. Not that she's looking to be the next "Genevieve" or Omotola. We know that "whites" only get brief, scanty parts in Nollywood movies so I doubt she'll be going in for the fame or "exposure".
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by londoner: 10:08pm On Nov 12, 2010
@OP, you will definately make it in Nollywood, whether you can act or not. You see, because you are White, slim and blonde they will automatically equate you with beauty and something they would be honored to be associated with (I do think you are attractive though), bu even if you were not it wouldn't make any difference in Nigerian society. It is[b] they [/b] and not you will will feel priviledged that you even want to be in Nollywood.

Your race alone will be your ticket to fame in Nollywood,
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by Nobody: 1:19am On Nov 13, 2010
^^exactly. and thats the sad part.

maedan:

"Exposure"?? Like seriously? This is Nollywood we're talking about here, not Hollywood. She just loves the movies and feels she could be a part of it. Not that she's looking to be the next "Genevieve" or Omotola. We know that "whites" only get brief, scanty parts in Nollywood movies so I doubt she'll be going in for the fame or "exposure".

I said EXPOSURE, ON HERE NOT NOLLYWOOD. Typical white girl who wants to be drooled over. End of story.
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by maedan(f): 1:23am On Nov 13, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

^^exactly. and thats the sad part.
I said EXPOSURE, ON HERE NOT NOLLYWOOD. Typical white girl who wants to be drooled over. End of story.

Maybe. But why do some folks feel that every pretty girl who posts her pic on a site simply wants to be drooled over? Let's give her the benefit of the doubt. And then, of course, she IS kinda hot tongue.
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by mamaken: 8:50am On Feb 02, 2011
typical barbie doll with bleached hair and make up paved face. . . . undecided
Little in her head - much in her shirt

forgive me please . . embarassed
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by Nobody: 5:17am On Feb 18, 2011
fstranger:

I don't mean to stalk you, but your IP address establishes that you are currently in Nigeria, not Ireland. So shut the f*uk up and put a stop to this charade.  

awon yahoozey
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by Mobinga: 2:51pm On Feb 18, 2011
Why is Mz DarkSkin hating? The white girl could be at the top in a few years time. Plus she's HOT.
mamaken:

typical barbie doll with bleached hair and make up paved face. . . . undecided
Little in her head - much in her shirt

forgive me please . . embarassed
Shut the phuck up you silly slimy slithering Binch. People like you don't deserve to live. Baskard
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by Rhody005: 8:11pm On Mar 11, 2011
u are pretty though, that's if u are real.
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by anonymous6(f): 5:49pm On Sep 19, 2011
I'm still wondering if this thread is a joke or not but if its for real that you(@OP) want to get into Nollywood it depends because you raraly see white people in Nollywood movies; when I do see white actors & actresses in Nollywood/ghollywood movies they tend to be fill in actors and actresses & it's usually in Ghanian/ghollywood movies, not the main actresses or actors OR in some international-Nollywood collaborated movies; like for example:

Ghana/Ghollywood movie = "Scorned"(that white french or Russian actor with the Ghanian LovePeddler): http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DB5lrRJ2mT9E%26feature%3Dwatch-now-button%26wide%3D1

Nollywood movie = "I'll take my chances"(White British actress in the movie):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpXByT58NbY

Ghana/Ghollywood movie= "4-play & 4-play reloaded"(the white american actor that was man-lover and going out with Yvonne nelsons husband):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-ppkWOGp7w&feature=related

I can go on and on but from what I noticed anytime you do see a white person in Nollywood movies they tend to do ridiculous roles, mostly fill in's, what is a fill in role, like what this white guy did playing a pastor in a movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpPXgStqjfs
rarely anything big. However if you do see a nollywood movie with a white person playing a main role in it, it tends to be international high budgeted nollywood movies(like I'll take my chances or Ije)usually because maybe there is a character in the story that is white but besides that majority of Nollywood high budget movies have a all black Nigerian cast as well like figurine, tangle with me, and etc:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPa9aRwdzKs   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58_QwvLJa08

So in general Nigerian/Nollywood movies whether high budget or not you are just going to see Nigerians, especially with village movies. I wish you good luck in getting into the industry but I don't think they will take you seriously because the demographic they cater to is Nigerian and other black african nations and everything you do will not be believable to the demographic buying the movies.

"Ive been watching african films for a long time,so yesterday i saw a movie called One in a million with Mike Ezeronye(sorry if i misspelled it) and Nadia Buari,the white girl there was ok,but na waa o,whats all this,the white people in Nollywood are either old,or ugly,and for me i hate to watch films where actors dont look good. And then they dont even act nice.

Im just fed up of this "white" people roles,i would love to see a movie,where it would show a white girl,but u could see shes been grown up in nigeria,in all traditions and culture,responsible and attractive!"

I never seen a nollywood actor or actress do a so called white role, maybe acting white at times but actually doing a white role not really.
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by ObinrinkanOyanmeji(f): 3:40pm On Sep 20, 2011
@poster, hw is movie career nw, l graduated frm NYFA as a movie producer n workin in NTA l do have frnds alot of dem if u r still lookin for a way in, if truely serious huk up, on phone,
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 20, 2011
This thread is proof enough that Nigerians grovel to oyibo.

If we, Nigerians, say anything about Tonto Dikeh, Omotola, or any of the actors and actresses in Nollywood, we throw each other insults, even after our own pictures have been offered. This person landed insults on fair-skinned actors from her very first post, and after she dropped some pictures, which may or may not be her, everyone offered her advice lmao. E no go better for una and una complex.
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by kinggha: 3:38am On Jun 18, 2012
if u ar stil interested in nollywood acting then holla. i jst tried to send u a mail.
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by queensmith: 10:01am On Jun 18, 2012
2 things, no1 what makes the op thinks she deserves a role in a nolly wood movie?

no2 erm its nollywood not hollywood, there isn't even going to be a part for you in any of them.

Unless youll be playing a prostitute or summin, its unlikely therell be up to 3 roles in a year sef.
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by onyeocha1(f): 1:44pm On Jul 29, 2012
Oh well I dey feel u sha, but de film industry no suppose be dat dat shallow. As for me I am a 25 year old German native, I speak fluent Swedish and broken as well. Was together with my ex who's from Aba for 6 years, married for 5. I'm really in love with the culture as well and also speak some Igbo and Yoruba. Well, no yawa o
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by chris51(f): 10:25am On Aug 07, 2012
I like your guts. You sound like someone who is really in love with Nigerian culture. Pls ignore the negative comments & follow the websites given to you. Your little boy is cute. Best of luck
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by Nigeria321: 10:22pm On Aug 31, 2012
To be an actress requires a lot more that being surrounded by a culture, looking pretty, or any other notions you have. I am a caucasion "White" actress that starred in a "Nollywood" movie that has been picked up and just premiered in Silverbird Cinemas throughout Africa. Firstly, if you think a caucasion looks pretty in nearly 40 degrees dry heat when make-up slides of your face as quickly as it is applied and your freshly washed hair becomes covered in sweat after half an hour, then give it a try. Acting is a skill, you are telling a story. To become an actress you have to have some innate ability, a show reel, be able to cry, laugh, be angry and do this with hundreds of people watching and become that character. But this in itself is not enough, you have to be beliveable. Acting is not about being the most attractive, that is niave. Imagine everyone being beautiful in films, this does not portray reality. Reality is that everyone comes in all shapes and sizes with different degrees of attraction. If you want to become an actress then I suggest you try the tradional method of getting acting experience and take it from there, if you rely on looks and culture alone you can only but fail. By the way, when they require a caucasion actor/actress they are not looking for a Nigerian accents, they want authentic caucasions with their natural accents. Best of luck to you!
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by Nobody: 1:24am On Mar 19, 2015
indzsh:
Hey everyone. Im a white girl, always dreamt of starring in a Nollywood movie, and no, im not one of those wannabes looking for fame,i have a experience,been working on a movie sets as a movie extra,not in a Nollywood productions thou, I have a nigerian friends,and i have a nigerian boyfriend,we been together for 4 years. Honestly people meeting me often would laugh im not white,im nigerian,i cook and eat only nigerian food,im used to spicy foods,i cook stew,egusi soup,akara,moi-moi,jollof rice,fried rice,yam, okro soup, pounded yam and lets just say almost every food thats there,all thanks coz of living with his mum for so long,and his sisters!

If a new nigerian person meets me they wud say ah ah this girl just speak like naija,wetin? And no,im not one of those girls who try to impress by talking pidgin and make it all sound just silly,just my accent,the way i pronounce words would sound like african english,which for me would work perfectly if i was acting in a nollywood film.

Ive been watching african films for a long time,so yesterday i saw a movie called One in a million with Mike Ezeronye(sorry if i misspelled it) and Nadia Buari,the white girl there was ok,but na waa o,whats all this,the white people in Nollywood are either old,or ugly,and for me i hate to watch films where actors dont look good. And then they dont even act nice.

Im just fed up of this "white" people roles,i would love to see a movie,where it would show a white girl,but u could see shes been grown up in nigeria,in all traditions and culture,responsible and attractive!

Im just posting up this in a hope,maybe someone who knows somebody in a movie industry could link me up.

Thank you for taking ur time to read this!
It happens every where sweety. Humans are racist.
Re: Im Fed Up Of "White" Nollywood Actresses by Nobody: 1:25am On Mar 19, 2015
queensmith:
2 things, no1 what makes the op thinks she deserves a role in a nolly wood movie?

no2 erm its nollywood not hollywood, there isn't even going to be a part for you in any of them.

Unless youll be playing a prostitute or summin, its unlikely therell be up to 3 roles in a year sef.
What's your problem? angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chacha Ekeh & Husband Welcome Baby Girl [ Pictures] / Kcee: I almost quit music out of frustration, Began Selling Furniture at Ikeja / Tonto Dikeh Presents Award To Otunba Olakunle Azeez (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.