Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,671 members, 7,801,935 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: (56507 Views)

Buy Original Floor And Wall Tiles(spanish Tiles) / Sales!!! Quality Vitrified Floor And Wall Tiles / Swimming Pools,marble,granites And Other Floor And Wall Tiles. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by MRMoneyE(m): 5:56am On Oct 27, 2010
Can people please help me with the prices of Floor and Wall Tiles
I know it come in sizes and is always in a pack with certain amout of quantity, 
the type used for sitting room and also those  ones used for the toilet and bathroom, 
As my house has reached the finishing stage I want to have the idea of how much it cost,
per packet, quantity and  size,
Please I await replies from you good fellas,
Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 27, 2010
Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by MRMoneyE(m): 7:26am On Oct 27, 2010
Ytechconst:

12 x 12 Tiles per square metre 1,500.00

(Source: http://www.propertygateplc.com/Building-Materials-Information/index.php)

Thanks very much for the piece of information, is the price for one tiles i cant get  what you mean by per square meter and how many tiles make one square meter,
Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 27, 2010

12 Likes

Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by MRMoneyE(m): 2:00pm On Oct 27, 2010
Ytechconst:

Tiles are usually sold per square metre, the numbers of square metre are usually inscribed on each cartons, once you know the square area of the wall or floor then you will divide the square area of wall or floor by the specified square meter inscribed on the carton, by these you can know the quantity of cartons required.

Also when it gets to procurement, you can buy extra 10% of the total cartons bought so as to cover skirting and offcuts(Applicable to floor tiles only)

To calculate the floor area or wall area. Pick up a tape rule and measure the Length and Breadth of the area to be tiled.

Square area = L x B

E.g. A bedroom floor area measuring 3.6metres long and 3metres wide, the floor area will be

3.6m x 3m = 10.8 square metres, approximately 11 square metres.

To procure a floor tiles of 12inches x 12inches(i.e 300mm x 300mm or 0.3m x 0.3m) for the tiling of the floor area above.

Calculate the area of one tiles i.e 0.3m x 0.3m= 0.09square metres

Therefore, to determine the total pieces of 12inches x 12inches(i.e 300mm x 300mm or 0.3m x 0.3m) required to tile 11 square metres floor area.

11square metres divided by 0.09 square metre

That is 11/0.09 =122.2, assume 123pieces for the whole floor area.

You can now Calculate 10% of 123 pieces to cover skirting and other offcuts.

That is 10% x 123= 12.3 pieces, assume 13 pieces

Therefore you require 136 pieces of 300mm x 300mm floor tiles to cover a standard room of size 10ft x 12ft or 3.6m x 3m or 3600mm x 3000mm.

But don't be confused about conversions, Millimetre are usually inscribe on the cartons of tiles, take for example 300mm x 300mm, just divide any Millimetre by 1000 to convert to metres.

I hope this is helpful enough,

If not you can contact me for more brief

E-mail: Adedokun.o@yemtechconstruction.com
Tel: 08060797037

Thank you very much for your elaborate explanation I think you have finally
answered all my questions ,

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by saridonp2: 2:11pm On Oct 27, 2010
@YTECHCONST,You are a wonderful person for that information that you provide because it will be hard to find someone that will provide such info, I will like you help me with some info because I am about to fill my house with sand filling and I dont want my brother in charge to rip me off as they did for the roofing, The house in question is a 4bedroom flat and the price of the sand filling that he gave me for a tipper load with 8tyres is more than the 16k, is the price of sand filling on that link is with tippers with 8tyres?,please clarify me on this,

Also I will like to know how I can determine how many tippers that will be needed to fill the 4bedroom flat.Please your contribution will be highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 27, 2010
Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by saridonp2: 6:25pm On Oct 27, 2010
I am really glad to hear from you but is not really easy for me to understand the calculations but I get.If you say 20tonnes,do you mean tippers with 8tyres coz that how my brother said it and he said cost of one tipper is 22k and that I will need 10 tippers of the sand to fill the house.The house has already been roofed and its around akesan.But I was surprise that 10trips will be needed because the land in question is a dry land and thats why I am trying my best to check very well before I venture into it.The house is 4bedrooms all ensuite with visitors toilte.
Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by saridonp2: 6:29pm On Oct 27, 2010
@YTECHCONST.,When you say 2.9trips,do you mean for all the rooms in the house?Thank you for your advice.
Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 27, 2010
Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by saridonp2: 7:13am On Oct 28, 2010
I can send you the floor plan and you see how you can help me and I will show my appreciation.I will prefer that you see the site but my brothers will frustrate your effort.Let me send you the floor plan first and then we can procceed from there.Thank you for your time.
Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by bmsventure: 7:21am On Oct 28, 2010
HELLO SIR,
                YOU CAN CHECK MY PAGE OUT ON NAIRALAND AND SEE IF YOU LIKE OUR LAMINATE WOOD FLOOR,AND WE CAN ALSO GET YOU THE RIGHT TILE FOR YOU HOME

THIS LAMINATE FLOOR DONT SCRATCH AND VERY REASONABLE IN PRICE THEY START FROM =N=450 PER SQUARE METER

Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by saridonp2: 12:15pm On Oct 28, 2010
@Ytechconst.,I have sent the ground floor plan of my house to your email and I hope it helps.Thank you for your attention.
Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by sirp2007: 12:54pm On Oct 28, 2010
bmsventure:

HELLO SIR,
YOU CAN CHECK MY PAGE OUT ON NAIRALAND AND SEE IF YOU LIKE OUR LAMINATE WOOD FLOOR,AND WE CAN ALSO GET YOU THE RIGHT TILE FOR YOU HOME

THIS LAMINATE FLOOR DONT SCRATCH AND VERY REASONABLE IN PRICE THEY START FROM =N=450 PER SQUARE METER

sir can u pls explain wht LAMINATE WOOD FLOOR is?we may need it
Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by larimo(m): 2:02pm On Oct 28, 2010
@poster, I would also advice you did a market survey, cos tiles no be tiles,

@ytechcons, good and clear analysis,
Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by MRMoneyE(m): 5:08pm On Oct 28, 2010
bmsventure:

HELLO SIR,

I know what laMINATED WOOD FLOOR IS ALL ABOUT, IS MOSTLY USED IN HOUSES ABROAD, SO LIKE A SITTING
ROOM OF SIZE 7M X 6M, HOW MUCH WILL IT COST TO HAVE THE WOODEN FLOOR ON,
Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by larimo(m): 9:57pm On Oct 28, 2010
MR Money £:

I know what laMINATED WOOD FLOOR IS ALL ABOUT, IS MOSTLY USED IN HOUSES ABROAD, SO LIKE A SITTING

Its simple. He said it costs N450 for 1 sq.m, so for your 7m by 6m room, which is 42 sq.m (7 times 6), it will cost you 42 times 450 = 42*450=N18,900.00 wink
Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by MRMoneyE(m): 1:47am On Oct 29, 2010
bmsventure:

HELLO SIR,

THINK YOU ARE ONLINE NOW PLEASE CAN YOU MAKE THIS CALCULATION AND TELL ME HOW MUCH IT COST,

[quote][/quote]
Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by bmsventure: 2:07am On Oct 29, 2010
Sir,
can you give me your email address so that i can send the prices of the laminate floors to you now?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by MRMoneyE(m): 2:10am On Oct 29, 2010
bmsventure:

Sir,
can you give me your email address so that i can send the prices of the laminate floors to you now?

Thanks

OK THIS IS MY EMAIL; coolioontime@yahoo.co.uk, I will be expecting it.

larimo:

Its simple. He said it costs N450 for 1 sq.m, so for your 7m by 6m room, which is 42 sq.m (7 times 6), it will cost you 42 times 450 = 42*450=N18,900.00 wink

ALSO IS THIS GUY CORRECT WITH HIS CALCULATION OF THE LAMINATED WOODEN FLOOR,
Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by bmsventure: 2:55am On Oct 29, 2010
Sir,
i am very sorry for the price i quoted per square meter , that price was per square feet that is the dimension we use in the USA, i will in box you with the prices now.

Thanks
Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by larimo(m): 8:18am On Oct 29, 2010
Could you also send your prices to my mailbox as well as your office address in Lagos.
email is mogwogho@yahoo.com
Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by Sprumbaba: 10:51am On Oct 29, 2010
Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by larimo(m): 12:44pm On Oct 29, 2010
Sprumbaba:

Are tiles that expensive in Nigeria? I just loaded a 20 footer Container to Nigeria for someone.
I got him 20 by 20 at $2.49 per square feet that's like 350 Naira
17 by 17 at $1.99 per square feet.

I will be very glad to get the pricelists for 20 by 20 and 17 by 17 in Nigeria.

are those wall tiles or floor tiles? you can't get floor tiles for anything close to that price that I know of. Wall tiles prices start from about N750 per sq.m from my last market survey.
Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by Sprumbaba: 4:00pm On Oct 29, 2010
Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by skimanski(m): 12:42pm On Jul 02, 2013
Looking for an Architect? You show us your space and we make it look unique. Be it an empty plot, or a half built house, or a completed house, or a rented apartment or a Proposed shop. This is the right place to be.

Affordable architectural designs. Construction, Renovations, and Interiors. (Tiling, Kitchen, furnishings and solving general House problems)
CHECK OUT MY TREND https://www.nairaland.com/1164230/best-architectural-interior-construction-works
Architect Jude O. Odemwingie.
email: skimanski4life@yahoo.com
email; denstlimited@hotmail.com
email: dnstructures@gmail.com
Tel; 08038390386

Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by jhydebaba(m): 11:22pm On Sep 30, 2013
saridon_p: @YTECHCONST.,When you say 2.9trips,do you mean for all the rooms in the house?Thank you for your advice.
Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by Johnsonsp(m): 9:09pm On May 06, 2015
Mr Ytechconst, I feel good reading ur post. I also need and idea like how much will it cost to tiles 3bedroom, I just want to know like how much can I bought for the tiles all rooms floor and toliet nd kichen walls, also will like to know the cost of plumbing .. Thank u sir
Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by xammy(m): 5:17am On May 07, 2015
Ytechconst:

Tiles are usually sold per square metre, the numbers of square metre are usually inscribed on each cartons, once you know the square area of the wall or floor then you will divide the square area of wall or floor by the specified square meter inscribed on the carton, by these you can know the quantity of cartons required.

Also when it gets to procurement, you can buy extra 10% of the total cartons bought so as to cover skirting and offcuts(Applicable to floor tiles only)

To calculate the floor area or wall area. Pick up a tape rule and measure the Length and Breadth of the area to be tiled.

Square area = L x B

E.g. A bedroom floor area measuring 3.6metres long and 3metres wide, the floor area will be

3.6m x 3m = 10.8 square metres, approximately 11 square metres.

To procure a floor tiles of 12inches x 12inches(i.e 300mm x 300mm or 0.3m x 0.3m) for the tiling of the floor area above.

Calculate the area of one tiles i.e 0.3m x 0.3m= 0.09square metres

Therefore, to determine the total pieces of 12inches x 12inches(i.e 300mm x 300mm or 0.3m x 0.3m) required to tile 11 square metres floor area.

11square metres divided by 0.09 square metre

That is 11/0.09 =122.2, assume 123pieces for the whole floor area.

You can now Calculate 10% of 123 pieces to cover skirting and other offcuts.

That is 10% x 123= 12.3 pieces, assume 13 pieces

Therefore you require 136 pieces of 300mm x 300mm floor tiles to cover a standard room of size 10ft x 12ft or 3.6m x 3m or 3600mm x 3000mm.

But don't be confused about conversions, Millimetre are usually inscribe on the cartons of tiles, take for example 300mm x 300mm, just divide any Millimetre by 1000 to convert to metres.

I hope this is helpful enough,

If not you can contact me for more brief

E-mail: Adedokun.o@yemtechconstruction.com
Tel: 08060797037

I see you .... Yemtech. nice analysis

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by Nobody: 7:48am On May 07, 2015
Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by Nobody: 7:49am On May 07, 2015
Re: Cost Of Floor And Wall Tiles Needed Urgently: by kingboy(m): 3:36pm On May 09, 2015
bmsventure:
HELLO SIR,

I check through your page about the laminated floor tiles and the price there is far above 3k, while here its 450, what's the real price per square metre.
thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Many Rooms Can One Build In A Plot Of Land 50x100? / Building A Bungalow In Lagos / America’s Most Expensive Home, The $139 Million Gold Plated Mansion In Florida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.