Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,652 members, 7,801,900 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? (8642 Views)

Things A Guy Shouldn't Do In A Lady's Presence / How Do You Tell a Guy You Don't Like Him? / Can A Guy and a Girl Just Be Friends? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by slap1(m): 10:08am On Oct 27, 2010
I have a deep baritone voice that rumbles sometimes when I talk. I noticed that people turn around when I talk in public places, in a bus, or when I'm on phone. Sometimes it embarrasses me, other times I feel indifferent. I don't think there's anything I can do about it coz I know it's natural. Is it odd for a young guy to have a deep voice? How should a guy's voice sound?
Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by InkedNerd(f): 10:23am On Oct 27, 2010
No, its not abnormal for a young guy to have a deep voice. My best friend's voice is so deep that when e tries to whisper something to me people can sometime hear him. Lmao, he used to blush when people would turn and look at him.
Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by slap1(m): 11:10am On Oct 27, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

No, its not abnormal for a young guy to have a deep voice. My best friend's voice is so deep that when e tries to whisper something to me people can sometime hear him. Lmao, he used to blush when people would turn and look at him.
Same here. Some people think I fake it to sound threatening but the fact is I'd willingly do away with it if I can.
Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by Mygoldie(f): 11:16am On Oct 27, 2010
i dont see that as an issue, you'll get use to it, funny enough yea,you can't really tell,why people turn their back to look at you on hearing your voice, maybe they like it,who knows, i'd rather you be proud of yourself. smiley smiley
Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by babyme1(f): 11:30am On Oct 27, 2010
How old are you? The voice will become a little lighter when u grow older. My younger brother had a very deep voice,but it's not that deep anymore. As Mygoldie said,be proud of what u got wink
Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by slap1(m): 11:52am On Oct 27, 2010
baby.me:

How old are you? The voice will become a little lighter when u grow older. My younger brother had a very deep voice,but it's not that deep anymore. As Mygoldie said,be proud of what u got wink
I'm in my twenties and, yeah, I'm proud of my voice; but I'm not proud of the people that turn to look at me. Thanks.
Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by InkedNerd(f): 11:55am On Oct 27, 2010
Sweetie, let 'em stare. Its the only voice you have so don't let their stares get the best of you wink
Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by kokoletz(m): 12:00pm On Oct 27, 2010
Cool
Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by Mygoldie(f): 12:03pm On Oct 27, 2010
slap1:

I'm in my twenties and, yeah, I'm proud of my voice; but I'm not proud of the people that turn to look at me. Thanks.

you can't change that my dear, people stare at people everyday for different reasons.that is life for you and it is what it is. smiley smiley
Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by babyme1(f): 12:04pm On Oct 27, 2010
slap1:

If you are comfortable and proud of the way you sound,then pay them no mind. Cheers wink
Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by martyns303(m): 12:08pm On Oct 27, 2010
My own is that i have this ''western accent'' expectially when am speaking Queen's english. People look at me each time i speak, if i should be asking question in class everybody Goes absolutly quite, am a choirister so our music director always make me present songs, whenever i try to hustle a girl she thinks am fronting ''yankee'' for her. God knows i have no control over it.
Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by 190: 12:14pm On Oct 27, 2010
Nairaland

ROMANCE SECTION!!
Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by kokoletz(m): 12:18pm On Oct 27, 2010
@martyn303 wat a pity
Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by InkedNerd(f): 12:20pm On Oct 27, 2010
martyns303:

My own is that i have this ''western accent'' expectially when am speaking Queen's english. People look at me each time i speak, if i should be asking question in class everybody Goes absolutly quite, am a choirister so our music director always make me present songs, whenever i try to hustle a girl she thinks am fronting ''yankee'' for her. God knows i have no control over it.

Hehehe, you remind me of my cousin. He had an American accent [more similar to mine as a New Yorker] despite the fact that he grew up in Nigeria. Now he has a British accent now that he's lived in the UK for a couple of years.
Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by slap1(m): 12:20pm On Oct 27, 2010
martyns303:

I also have a similar 'problem'. I think mine is the product of watching so many western movies and reading lots of western novels. I wouldn't know if my accent is western, though. I just know it's different from that of those around me.
190:

Nairaland

ROMANCE SECTION!!  

Shut up dia, lol. Is there a Voice Section?
Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by Mygoldie(f): 12:23pm On Oct 27, 2010
martyns303:

hahahaha western accent with that face of yours?? mehn you need to ask those people why they stare at you, they might be laughing at you and you thinking they like your voice, hahaha,
Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by Rocktation(f): 12:30pm On Oct 27, 2010
@OP- D'you really need an answer or are you just trying to tell us sommin here?
Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by kokoletz(m): 12:32pm On Oct 27, 2010
U guys wit western accent problem I hv d solution rite here. All u need is one frog per day 4 2wks walahi ure heal, a frog will cost u 20000 jst call me on 0803310419
Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by 190: 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2010
shakes head and walks out

definately mods are no longer alive no more!
Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by Mygoldie(f): 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2010
190 is that you on ur profile pic?? shocked shocked shocked you worwor sha (no offiense intended)
Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by martyns303(m): 1:38pm On Oct 27, 2010
@mygoldie. u knw best!
Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by 190: 1:48pm On Oct 27, 2010
@Mygoldie
If you say i wor wor cos i cant go more than 10rounds within a duration of 2hours

then i would agree with u

WORD: Never Judge a man's beauty from his face rather from his bedroom skills
Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by oludashmi(f): 1:50pm On Oct 27, 2010
slap1:

I have a deep baritone voice that rumbles sometimes when I talk. I noticed that people turn around when I talk in public places, in a bus, or when I'm on phone. Sometimes it embarrasses me, other times I feel indifferent. I don't think there's anything I can do about it coz I know it's natural. Is it odd for a young guy to have a deep voice? How should a guy's voice sound?
They may like it, hence they turn to admire who's got such a voice.
I like it too.
Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by babyme1(f): 1:58pm On Oct 27, 2010
oludashmi:

[color=#000099]They may like it, hence they turn to admire who's got such a voice.
[b]I like it too.[/[/b]color]

You've heard him speak before,or is through your monitor? grin
Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by oludashmi(f): 2:14pm On Oct 27, 2010
baby.me:

You've heard him speak before,or is through your monitor? grin
I mean I like men with such voice
See your head wink
Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by maurchy: 2:15pm On Oct 27, 2010
some pple feel intimidated by deep voices while some (esp ladies) find it rather sexy. d only 'down' abt a deep voice is dat u cant whisper effectively. no matter how hard u try, u'll always be heard.
Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by Dproducer(m): 2:16pm On Oct 27, 2010
I GOT A BARITONE VOICE TOO, AND THATS BEEN MY NUMBER EARTHLY ASSET ALL MY LIFE, I EVEN DATING CHICKS 7YEARS OLDER COS OF IT.
@POSTER: YOU KNOW I KNOW YOU JUST WANNA BLOW YA TRUMPET, EVERYBODY LOOKIN AT YOU IS ADMIRING THE SOUND OF YA VOICE.
HMMMM undecided angry wink
Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by slap1(m): 2:29pm On Oct 27, 2010
maurchy:

some pple feel intimidated by deep voices while some (esp ladies) find it rather sexy. d only 'down' abt a deep voice is dat u cant whisper effectively. no matter how hard u try, u'll always be heard.

Sometimes when you bring your voice down, people just hear the noise -- not what you say. This happens mostly when I go to the bank. The workers at the counter would always say: "Please speak up, sir", and when I do, the look on their faces makes me look to the right. I'll be like: "You asked for it, sorry!"

2 Likes

Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by iice(f): 2:34pm On Oct 27, 2010
Well it's better than having a shrieking voice.
Some men have high pitch voices.
From what i heard, women like baritones.
I'm not so attentive. As long as he doesn't sound like a girl, it's all good.

1 Like

Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by r231(m): 2:49pm On Oct 27, 2010
Deep - like barry white grin
Re: How Should A Guy's Voice Sound? by tpia5: 2:51pm On Oct 27, 2010
is it like a jeremy irons voice?

or the guy from soul train.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland Truth Or Dare Thread / I Was Raped Before My Husband And He Wants To Divorce Me Because I Enjoyed It – / I Was Scam Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.