Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG (18690 Views)

How To Start Courier Business In (nigeria) / I'm In Need Of A Delivery Service That Can Deliver Food Items Within Lagos / How To Start A Delivery Services In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by hitng(m): 1:09am On Sep 05, 2019
[img]https://1.bp..com/-9r9svYD4yHI/XXBS9-aufAI/AAAAAAAADu0/i9dNBlLRWgoRdUe7PmEsHjFogYn4GwUxQCLcBGAs/s1600/delivery-business-hitng_info.png[/img]

No matter what the economy looks like at any given moment, people in Nigeria will always require delivery services. Whether it’s delivering goods from online stores to the buyers, transferring parcels between businesses, or doing any other courier jobs, right now, delivery is a fantastic business opportunity. Here is how to start a courier delivery business in Nigeria!

1. Think About The Specifics
Delivery businesses can have numerous differences, from the scale to the delivery mode. Think about the specifics of your future courier business. For example, is your courier going to drive a car, ride a bike, or transport the cargo on foot? Are you only going to work with other businesses or provide your services to individuals? Your answers to these questions will largely influence the configuration of your business.

In general, it is best to start your delivery business on a small, local scale. First, you won’t need a huge startup capital when you start small. Second, you will have less competition. Third, you will have a smaller chance of your new business failing and bringing you huge losses.

2. Investigate The Market
Once you have chosen the approximate scale of your business that fits your own possibilities, it is time to find out who are the potential clients of your services. Walk around the area on foot or study it on local maps to spot anyone who may need delivery services.

The most frequent clients of delivery services are online stores, grocery stores, restaurants and fast food joints, florists, pharmacists, banks, and gift shops. Contact their managers and ask whether they would be interested in affordable and high-quality delivery services.

3. Create A Business Plan
There is no chance for a new business to be viable without a solid business plan to support it. Your business plan should contain detailed information on every aspect of your enterprise, from the study of the competitors to the potential challenges. If you don’t think you can write a good business plan, you can hire a professional business plan writer.

4. Get A Startup Capital
Courier delivery is not the most capital-intensive type of business to start in Nigeria, but it still requires you to have an initial amount of money for a smooth launch. On average, you will need about ₦300,000 if you are planning to do the deliveries by bike.
You can get away with an even smaller startup capital if you will carry the goods on foot. Your startup capital will be spent on mobile phones, a computer with internet access, as well as promotional materials for the business.

5. Choose A Name And Design
The name of your business is very important for its potential, and the design can have a big influence on the success of the venture. The name should be informative and tell the customers about its purpose, while the design of the logo and promotional materials should be attractive and memorable.

6. Market Your Business
You don’t need to be a business expert to understand that in 2019, a new business cannot survive without proper marketing. In addition to visiting the offices of your potential customers and making outgoing phone calls, you also need to make it easier for the customers to find your business. You will need to advertise your services online, including social media and classified ads. You can also hand out flyers and use visual advertisements in the streets.

7. Choose Competitive Prices
One of the final steps in launching a delivery business is setting the prices for your services. You want the prices to be competitive enough to give you some leverage, but not too low, as you don’t want to sustain losses. You can choose prices that are similar to the average prices in your market, but hold frequent promotions and discounts to attract more customers.

https://www.hitng.info/2019/09/how-to-start-deliverycourier-business.html

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by iCauseTrouble: 4:53am On Sep 05, 2019
Good morning from this side. I wish you all a productive day

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by millionboi2: 4:54am On Sep 05, 2019
Una well done ooo

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by Onlinealaba(m): 5:04am On Sep 05, 2019
Nice one, courier and delivery is very lucrative one if u know your onus. ...

CHECK MY PROFILE, your electronics at best prices

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by gboyetade: 5:09am On Sep 05, 2019
Ok
Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by igbsam(m): 5:10am On Sep 05, 2019
Very informative

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by deybholar(f): 5:14am On Sep 05, 2019
I need a dispatch rider for my delivery business please call 08057999273

2 Likes

Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by anonimi: 5:17am On Sep 05, 2019
Nice one from the OP.
Lazy youths who only complain, please take note and get cracking.

5 Likes

Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by KIDfurniture(m): 5:22am On Sep 05, 2019
Not bad
Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by franchasng: 5:45am On Sep 05, 2019
If its as easy as posted above, we all will have our own DHL by now....and mine will be Daura Cow Courier Worldwide (DCCW) Inc shocked shocked

Maybe I need partners for this DCCW company, who's in

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by wethebest(m): 5:52am On Sep 05, 2019
Nice
Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by Nobody: 6:00am On Sep 05, 2019
deybholar:
Kindly share your experience. Interested in starting up but I've developed rubber feet

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by sylve11: 6:17am On Sep 05, 2019
@ op, thanks. cool
Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by sawdi: 6:21am On Sep 05, 2019
sad
Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by starbright4real(m): 6:22am On Sep 05, 2019
gud day, pls i seriously need a job, i am a graduate of accounting (hnd) 07037799108
Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by sawdi: 6:22am On Sep 05, 2019
deybholar:

Please can you share you experience?

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by sonety2k(m): 6:26am On Sep 05, 2019
Am Interested in starting up the Delivery business .
Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by Just2endowed2(m): 6:30am On Sep 05, 2019
Shibaraba:

Kindly share your experience. Interested in starting up but I've developed rubber feet

How
Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by Nobody: 6:33am On Sep 05, 2019
Nice piece

Contact me for all your digital marketing solutions
Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:42am On Sep 05, 2019
See as the thread is dry.
And some pessimistic animals will be crying that they don't have work to do.
You will see them on politics thread abusing the president of everyone in their family that they are suffering.
Now they see a business thread that will benefit their miserable lives, they skipped over to where they can carry out their tribalistic lifestyle and hatred for their country.
Lazy tins!

Good job OP.
Thank you Hitng!

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by DrNueLpureHoney: 6:46am On Sep 05, 2019
Nice write-up
Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by simple250: 6:48am On Sep 05, 2019
I have been doing this for three years now .there are allot of things you need to know, if you are not ready to roll your sleeve don't think of starting one cheesy

The frustration from RIDERS alone will reset you brain to default. grin

If you think you can make millions in 3months you lie o and if you don't know how to save 1000 nor come close o you fit take your hand chop all the profit before you no grin

5 Likes

Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by yomalex(m): 7:04am On Sep 05, 2019
Yes o simple250

Still gathering money to get bikes.

no 1 Mini-Importation delivery service in Ibadan and rest of Oyo State.

Check my signature for contact.

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 05, 2019
post=81933567:
See as the thread is dry.
And some pessimistic animals will be crying that they don't have job to do.
You will see them on politics thread abusing the president of everyone in their family that they are suffering.
Now they see a business thread that will benefit their miserable lives, they skipped over to where they can carry out their tribalistic lifestyle and hatred for their country.
Lazy tins!

Good job OP.
Thank you Hitng!
And this post is not politically inclined abi? One day....

1 Like

Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by tck2000(m): 7:15am On Sep 05, 2019
How do i start an Amazon alternative?
Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by icedbreez(m): 7:16am On Sep 05, 2019
Shibaraba:

Not only u bro. I had even go as far as registering a courier company with CAC, (dropOff) create a logo, design website (dropoff.com.ng) open company bank details and suddenly lose interest.

I got the passion working in the courier industry abroad so even have some experience and i know for sure its a good business..... When i think of the man hours i put in reading, doing research and studying the market I hope I go back to it someday and not let it all go to waste undecided
Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 05, 2019
icedbreez:

Not only u bro. I had even go as far as registering a courier company with CAC, (dropOff) create a logo, design website (dropoff.com.ng) open company bank details and suddenly lose interest.

I got the passion working in the courier industry abroad so even have some experience and i know for sure its a good business..... When i think of the man hours i put in reading, doing research and studying the market I hope I go back to it someday and not let it all go to waste undecided
Bro's if you can share your experience and books for us e for make sense. I like diversifying so capital isn't a problem. But men even na 1 naira I want it to be accountable
Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by DenreleDave(m): 7:32am On Sep 05, 2019
simple250:
I have been doing this for three years now .there are allot of things you need to know, if you are not ready to roll your sleeve don't think of starting one cheesy

The frustration from RIDERS alone will reset you brain to default. grin

If you think you can make millions in 3months you lie o and if you don't know how to save 1000 nor come close o you fit take your hand chop all the profit before you no grin

Bros can I join you in the business? Atleast till I get job to do, I can manage anytin that comes from it, trust me sir??

Pls give a reply sir
Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by DenreleDave(m): 7:34am On Sep 05, 2019
icedbreez:

I can happily join you sir..... I can use the foot service Cox I can't ride a bike or car but I can learn that later....

Man gat to survive ..
Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by Gazzy88(m): 7:38am On Sep 05, 2019
starbright4real:
gud day, pls i seriously need a job, i am a graduate of accounting (hnd) 07037799108
If you can start small and ride a bike, someone is looking for a dispatch rider on this thread. Remember, there's little to no job in Nigeria. Don't dull.
Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by iamleumas: 7:42am On Sep 05, 2019
God bless you OP
Re: How To Start A Delivery/courier Business In Nigeria HiTNG by simple250: 7:46am On Sep 05, 2019
DenreleDave:

Bros can I join you in the business? Atleast till I get job to do, I can manage anytin that comes from it, trust me sir??

Pls give a reply sir

No space from my end here bro I'm just managing my 2rides plus myself making 3riders .allot of courier are looking for riders that is if you know how to drive bike it's an edge

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dollar Scarcity: Banks Cut Customers’ Spending Abroad By 80% #Emefieleconomics / Heritage Bank Should Be Shut Down – Company Tells Court, CBN / Walmart Nigeria: Good Or Bad Idea? (Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.