Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Ekiti Deputy Speaker Is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Deputy Speaker Is Dead (998 Views)

Yusuf Sulaimon-Lasun Is Deputy Speaker House Of Representatives / Tambuwal: The Position Of House Speaker Is Vacant – Dominic / Ekiti Deputy-Governor Funmilayo Olayinka Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Deputy Speaker Is Dead by tolu001: 7:07pm On Oct 27, 2010
The Deputy Speaker of the Ekiti State House of Assembly, Saliu Adeoti, is dead.

Mr. Adeoti died at about 8.30am yesterday at the University Teaching Hospital(UCH), Ibadan , Oyo State, after a protracted illness. The deceased, according to the Ekiti State government, would be buried today, October 28, 2010, in his country-home, Otun Ekiti, in accordance with Islamic injunction, after which the 8-day Fidau Prayer will be held next Wednesday.

The former Deputy Speaker, who lost his wife in February in the same circumstance, was said to have been rushed to the hospital on Tuesday, when it was discovered that the nature of the sickness was fast degenerating.

The 39-year old former Deputy Speaker, who was the Acting Speaker during the 79-day administration of Tunji Odeyemi as the acting governor of the state , hailed from Otun Ekiti, in Moba local government area of the state

Source: http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5635483-146/ekiti_deputy_speaker_is_dead_.csp
Re: Ekiti Deputy Speaker Is Dead by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 27, 2010
Eya. The ACN man is dead. What kind of illness killed him?
Re: Ekiti Deputy Speaker Is Dead by tpia5: 7:32pm On Oct 27, 2010
may he rip.

any info on what killed him?
Re: Ekiti Deputy Speaker Is Dead by violent(m): 7:34pm On Oct 27, 2010
The deputy speaker and the former deputy speaker are two different people, the author of this news should have been able to tell the difference!
Re: Ekiti Deputy Speaker Is Dead by tolu001: 7:46pm On Oct 27, 2010
any info on what killed him?

protracted illness; that's the cause for now until proven otherwise,
Re: Ekiti Deputy Speaker Is Dead by edoyad(m): 8:20pm On Oct 27, 2010
all sorts of stories will start to erupt now, some will say it was jaz, others will opt for AIDS considering his wife died not long ago too.
Re: Ekiti Deputy Speaker Is Dead by violent(m): 8:27pm On Oct 27, 2010
edoyad:

all sorts of stories will start to erupt now, some will say it was jaz, others will opt for AIDS considering his wife died not long ago too.

you do sound like someone eager to run the rumor mill
Re: Ekiti Deputy Speaker Is Dead by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 27, 2010
To think the man was also preparing for Fed House of Rep in 2011, posters and other things out already.

I pity his nephew, a neighbour to my colleague, who had seen the man as his last hope.
Re: Ekiti Deputy Speaker Is Dead by edoyad(m): 8:44pm On Oct 27, 2010
you do sound like someone eager to run the rumor mill

grin grin what ! What !! Are you implying something ? angry
Re: Ekiti Deputy Speaker Is Dead by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 27, 2010
A colleague that knows the family told me thsi afternoon that he died of 'spiritual cause' and that he had been in and out of hospital for some time. I didnt believe the spiritual aspect sha.
Re: Ekiti Deputy Speaker Is Dead by Abagworo(m): 9:31pm On Oct 27, 2010
Frankly AIDS was the first thing that struck my mind while reading the news.
Re: Ekiti Deputy Speaker Is Dead by bawomolo(m): 9:45pm On Oct 27, 2010
Jarus:

A colleague that knows the family told me thsi afternoon that he died of 'spiritual cause' and that he had been in and out of hospital for some time. I didnt believe the spiritual aspect sha.

terminal illness like some heart disease or even AIDS. it's not as if Nigerians get annual physicals in order to detect diseases early.
Re: Ekiti Deputy Speaker Is Dead by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 27, 2010
probably AIDS
Re: Ekiti Deputy Speaker Is Dead by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 27, 2010
ziddy:

probably AIDS
Abagworo:

Frankly AIDS was the first thing that struck my mind while reading the news.

Why? Was he previously diagnosed for AIDs?

@Post
May you RIP.
Re: Ekiti Deputy Speaker Is Dead by tolu001: 9:41am On Oct 28, 2010
it seems the polity is beginning to heat up
Re: Ekiti Deputy Speaker Is Dead by bibiking1(m): 11:27am On Oct 28, 2010
Well, the man died,,,,as he has also been buried and no one has come forth with reasons and possble causes of his death, those initial three words 'the man died' should be all that is said of the late fellow.

(1) (Reply)

Two Imprisoned For Defaming Otedola - Over Ap Fraud / Pdp Got $5m Halliburton Bribe For 2003 Polls, Says Panel / Becomrichn, Not Tinubu, Is The Brain Behind Acn's Resurgence/Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.