Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

My Nigeria Mobile is Legit - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Nigeria Mobile is Legit (6197 Views)

Tecno Mobile Is Said To Be Release It 4G LTE Connectivity Smart Phone / This is the real reason why Tecno Mobile is The best Phone Brand in Nigeria / My N96 Dstv Mobile Is No Longer Working (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by GinaUkey(f): 7:33pm On Oct 27, 2010
Hey Everyone,

I keep getting these emails on Facebook from 'My Nigeria Mobile'. It's a new service that's for people living in the USA or Canada that have relatives, friends and such living in Nigeria. They are saying that you can now call Nigeria unlimited for $29/month and you can receive unlimited calls too. Seems fair since i pay way more than that using phone cards. However there is a catch. Once you've purchased the starter kit which includes a phone number and a free mobile phone.The person who you want to be calling in Nigeria has to go to the 'My Nigeria Mobile' local office in Nigeria and pick up their free phone too. Calls can only be made and received to that particular mobile phone once payment has been verified. There's a special going on now for $19/month for one way unlimited calling and 29/month for two way unlimited calling.

Has anyone used this service or is using it? If so can you please tell me how your experience has been? It seems like a good service IF it is legit. My husband lives in Lagos and the cost of phone cards are killing me.

Any info would be well appreciated. Thanks
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by meliza007: 3:16pm On Oct 29, 2010
This is a very legit service, I have been using them for a month, the service is excellent.

You can use the one way or the two way service option. The one way calling plan lets you make calls(from anywhere in the USA or Canada) to the My Nigeria Mobile phone (in Nigeria) Unlimited whereas the two way calling plan lets you make and receive calls from the My Nigeria Mobile phone. The two way plan is a little more expensive but if you want your husband to be able to call you or anyone in the states it is worth it. My mother stays in Lagos and I have the two way calling plan and so far, so good. I talk to her and my father daily, she said that the phone is of good quality. I think it is worth trying, I am very happy with My Nigeria Mobile, they seem to be increasing in popularity as one of my colleagues has been using them for two weeks also, he signed up for one way service but is switching to two way because of the flexibility it offers. Calling Naija is expensive so I am happy with this.
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by GinaUkey(f): 3:42pm On Oct 29, 2010
Wow! Thanks so much for the info. It's good know that someone is using the service. I'm definitely going to sign up. Thanks
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by meliza007: 3:45pm On Oct 29, 2010
Also www.mynigeriamobile.com is running a special promo for this month, to save $5, I got an email, here is the coupon code: OCTSAVE5

Also when you buy a starter pack they give you a Free phone and 7 days of Unlimited calling to Naija for only $19.99 ($14.99 if you use the coupon), you can't beat that.

Good luck dear,.
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by keyne(f): 3:22am On Nov 08, 2010
how come it is just the both of U talking and replying, fishy!
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by motolineo: 3:49pm On Nov 08, 2010
i have not seen any body using it in losangles but i am interested. i have four numbrs i call regularly how do i manage that.
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by meliza007: 3:42pm On Nov 09, 2010
There is nothing fishy, she asked a question and I answered it. These people are marketing all over the internet and the USA I saw them at the parade in NYC they were giving away free starter packs. Someone asked a question and I simply replied as I am replying to your suspicious question. Anyway I am still using them and I received an email newsletter from them that there were expanding to the UK as well as to other countries. I think it is worth the money, this is a great and low cost option to call Naija. I used to spend alot on stupid calling cards but this service let's you call Naija unlimited and gives a free phone to your freinds and family back in Naija.
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by meliza007: 3:47pm On Nov 09, 2010
@ motolineo
My Nigeria Mobile is a service that links a local USA or Canadian number to a My Nigeria Mobile phone in Nigeria. Therefore you can call that mobile phone by dialing you local USA (California in your case) number which will ring to the My Nigeria Mobile phone. I don't know what you are referring to when you say calling "4 numbers" I do know that it is one phone per local USA number. So far I have two account, one for my folks and siblings (they live close by to eachother) and one for my best friend who lives outdside of Lagos.
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by stella517: 10:57pm On Nov 11, 2010
Ok so I just got my My Nigeria Mobile a few days ago. i recently moved to the USA from Lagos to go to Howard University in Washington D.C to study medicine. my fam still lives in Lagos and I couldn't call them a lot because the cost of calling cards was too much for me. i saw My Nigeria Mobile ad on facebook and it was like an answered prayer lol, i ordered the one way starter pack for $19.99 and my mother picked up her free mobile phone 3 days ago. only reason i got one way package because i have a busy schedule with school and it's better from me to call my family whenever I have the time instead of them calling me and me being too busy to pick up. so now whenever I am done with my studies i just pick up and call my mom on her my nigeria mobile phone, she sometimes passes the phone off to my dad and brothers so i get to talk to them too. It's so good we are all very happy with the service and of course the low cost. i'm goin to buy the recharge pack in a few days after the free 7days are done. this is a cool deal that can't be beat, trust me cheesy
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by GinaUkey(f): 12:46am On Nov 12, 2010
Wow! Ok i'm definitely going to get my starter pack. I've spent over $100 on phone cards just this week alone. It's breaking my bank seriously and it's killing me. I won't be able to call Lagos again for another few weeks ( sad). Just wanted to know, how clear is the connection? What were the requirements for when your mother had to pick up the phone in Nigeria? Did they give her a hard time?
Thanks!
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by meliza007: 4:33pm On Nov 12, 2010
You won't be disappointed, I was skeptical at first 2 but they are an american company based in New York and they even give their office address and telephone number. Gina make sure you use the coupon NOVSAV10
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by GinaUkey(f): 4:49pm On Nov 12, 2010
Will do and thanks!
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by GinaUkey(f): 2:03am On Nov 14, 2010
Ok so i took the plunge and did it. I ordered the My Nigeria Mobile 2 way starter pack today. Ordering was painless. I took advantage of the $10 off discount coupon special that they have running now. I used my paypal account. My Nigeria Mobile sent me an email within 15 minutes containing my account number. I called my husband and gave him the account number. He will be heading off to their Surulere branch on Monday to get his free cell phone and to get it activated.

I will keep you guys updated!!!

P.S. A guy on Facebook ordered for his 2 way starter package. He said he hasn't been able to communicate with his family since they got their phone activated. They live in Jos. I sent him an email to give me an update on their customer service and i'll find out from him when he ordered for his package and how long it's been since he hasn't been able to communicate with his family since the phone's been activated. I'll keep you guys posted on that too.
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by GinaUkey(f): 8:47pm On Nov 18, 2010
Hi everyone,

Update! As promised

I signed up with My Nigeria Mobile 4 days ago. The service is very good. I had a few minor kinks with service when i first signed up but My Nigeria Mobile quickly took care of it. I paid for the 2 way starter pack so my husband can call me whenever he wants. The service is clear but it does cut off after 1 hr of talking sometimes but i just call right back. Connection is swift an easy.

I think it's a good service cos it sure does save me a lot of money with those phone cards. cheesy
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by meliza007: 4:45pm On Nov 22, 2010
That is great, I really love this service!
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by meliza007: 2:15am On Nov 25, 2010
Gina how is it going for you? My two service is working good, my family in Lagos calls me all the time, it is a really cool service
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by GinaUkey(f): 5:22am On Nov 25, 2010
The service is going good. Connection is swift and crystal clear, i don't have to dial the number over and over again. I just dial once and i get through. The only thing that happens are dropped calls. It's not too bothersome cos i just call right back. However there's no sound when the calls are dropped so you don't know and you just keep yacking away. It's only after a few minutes of silence on the other end do you realize that the call has been dropped. Other than that i like the service. The most important thing though is the customer service. It's great!
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by onyemmelit: 5:17am On Nov 27, 2010
Customer service is the worst I have seen. Service never worked for me, not even for one day. These guys are scams and very soon they will be raided by the appropriate agency for defrauding people and coming here to write these nonsense. Pls my people dont waste your money. THIS IS FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by keyne(f): 12:25pm On Dec 08, 2010
onyemmelit:

Customer service is the worst I have seen. Service never worked for me, not even for one day. These guys are scams and very soon they will be raided by the appropriate agency for defrauding people and coming here to write these nonsense. Pls my people dont waste your money. THIS IS FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thx bro,
all of una wey want defraud us, waka!thieves!barawos, my nig mobile ko, mscheeeeewwwwww
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by GinaUkey(f): 2:01pm On Dec 08, 2010
onyemmelit:

Customer service has been ok with me, there's nothing i haven't experienced here in the US with other companies. I've had problems and they've fixed them in less than 5 minutes. I'm able to get through to my husband anytime i call him and the line is always clear. They are not a fraudulent company, they are legit. I've been using them since November 1st. I'm not sure if you're complaining about the customer service in Nigeria or in the USA. My husband used their branch in Iganmu and he said they were good. He said they are part of a wireless company called Zoom. I'm neither a rep for them or a marketer, i am merely a restaurant owner in the USA with a husband in Lagos and my experience with the company is good. It's better than buying phone cards. It's a new company, give them a chance before you throw them to the wolves.
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by GinaUkey(f): 2:06pm On Dec 08, 2010
There is one hitch though, my husband cannot get through to me on magic jack line only on my cell and land line land. Hopefully that will be sorted out in the near future.
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by meliza007: 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2010
The company is not a fraud, you can even buy through paypal.

"Onyemmelit and Keyne" you are so negative for no reason, maybe b/c you didn't come up with the idea first, this company is all over, you should check their facebook page, they sponsor Nigerian events and post photos (the owners are Americans).

It is a shame you are putting down a company that benefits and supports so many Nigerians like ourselves looking to call Naija for cheap, I guess you don't care about your fellow people.
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by meliza007: 4:40pm On Dec 09, 2010
"Onyemmelit and Keyne" you probably never even bought the product and if you did, I dare you to post on their facebook page and watch how quickly they reply / resolve your inquiry.

Hi Gina, I am not sure why he can't call you trough Magic Jack, must be some connection thing did you ask customer care?
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by GinaUkey(f): 4:42pm On Dec 09, 2010
meliza007:

"Onyemmelit and Keyne" you probably never even bought the product and if you did, I dare you to post on their facebook page and watch how quickly they reply / resolve your inquiry.

Hi Gina, I am not sure why he can't call you trough Magic Jack, must be some connection thing did you ask customer care?

No i didn't ask customer care, i thought that was how it worked so i just let it be.I'll give them a call and see.
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by meliza007: 8:16pm On Dec 09, 2010
Jim Iyke was at their office, he is their official spokesperson, this company is getting huge I hope they keep giving good prices. Check out their facebook

http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Nigeria-Mobile/133645360020958
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by chelseabmw(m): 6:32am On Dec 10, 2010
angry angry angry angry angry
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by meliza007: 10:15pm On Dec 10, 2010
I just recharged again, I am going on month three, no complaints so far and Jim Iyke is their spokesperson so now I know they are here for good.
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by GinaUkey(f): 9:51pm On Dec 11, 2010
Gina-Ukey:

No i didn't ask customer care, i thought that was how it worked so i just let it be.I'll give them a call and see.

I called customer care and it's working now. My husband can now call me on my magicjack. I can finally do away with my land line. I feel so guilty cos so many people are trashing the company and i've had nothing but good service with them. So weird!
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by meliza007: 9:43pm On Dec 14, 2010
These people are skeptics I feel sorry for them, in the meanwhile I am enjoying my extra holiday money I have saved from spending so much on calling cards. I am happy this company is doing well, it is about time something positive is done for our community, these people are not taking advantage or robbing anyone. I saw their photos on Facebook, the owners don;t even look Nigeria, they look American and South East Asian.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Nigeria-Mobile/133645360020958
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by QualityShare: 9:57am On Dec 17, 2010
Scam! Meliza and Gina are one person. Nigerians beware!
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by megamodel: 5:25am On Dec 19, 2010
MY NIGERIA MOBILE IS LIGIT COMPANY BASED IN USA. PLEASE ASK OVER 6000 USERS WHO USING SERVICE AS OF NOW
GINA U HAVE STARTED THIS TOPIC WITH LEGIT OR SCAM> PLEase detete scam word
thanks
Re: My Nigeria Mobile is Legit by GinaUkey(f): 2:30pm On Dec 19, 2010
megamodel:

MY NIGERIA MOBILE IS LIGIT COMPANY BASED IN USA. PLEASE ASK OVER 6000 USERS WHO USING SERVICE AS OF NOW
GINA U HAVE STARTED THIS TOPIC WITH LEGIT OR SCAM> PLEase detete scam word
thanks

I will not delete it because at the time i asked the question i had not become a My Nigeria Mobile user. I am now and i know that it is not a scam and i have said so throughout this post. People will see for themselves whether it is a scam or not. Trust me, my post here will not be remembered once My Nigeria Mobile is well known.It's called freedom of speech.The Company's profile will speak for itself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Glo Gprs Activation Code / How Do I Root Gionee P2s With Out Pc / Ulefone Paris | The Camera You Need | Gorilla Glass 3 | 5 Inch | Android 5.1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.