Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread (3682 Views)

Wife Kills Husband In Lagos As He Slept / Man Holding Loaf Of Bread Killed In Portharcourt. / Mustapha Audu's Wife Curses Sugabelly; Defends Husband Over Rape Accusations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by jerryice(m): 5:13am On Oct 28, 2010
If tears could raise the dead, Hafeez Rasheed, allegedly stabbed to death by his wife, Molayo, would have ‘resurrected’ by now. But wishes were not horses, as her weeping and wailing could not repair the irreparable damage, done to the family by his alleged murder. But the woman in the eyes of the storm tried to justify her action.

“After stabbing him, I cried out for help, but our neighbours did not come to assist in saving his life. I cried for help but nobody came to assist me,” she lamented. The incident occurred at Ile Oloola Oja Igbo area of Ibadan, Oyo State. Problem started when Molayo was eating a loaf of bread and her husband decided to take part of it without her permission.

The 18-year-old woman was said to have challenged her husband for eating out of it. The suspect, a bread hawker, was alleged to have earlier quarreled with the victim, after he reportedly refused to give her N1,000, feeding allowance.

According to her, what her late husband could afford to give her was N70. She also narrated how they started fighting as a result of his failure to give her the money she requested.
“I was frustrated as he could only afford to give me N70, instead of the N1,000. We started exchanging words and he suddenly held my back. As I tried to lose myself from his grip, he started beating me up. Fight later broke out and it was in the process that I used the knife to stab him in the chest and he died at about 2.00 pm.

I didn’t know it would result in his death. I still blame our neighbours for not coming to his rescue,” she said amid tears. According to some neighbours, before the tragedy, the couple turned their matrimonial home to battle field.
The suspect also confirmed this: “We fought regularly and after each quarrel, which sometimes made me to go back to my parents’ house, my husband usually came to beg me to come back,” she said.

“I got married to my husband in 2007 and the marriage is blessed with a year old child. But my husband was not taking care of me and our child. He usually beat me up each time I requested money for the up-keep of the family,” Molayo said. One of the victim’s relatives said the family was still in shock over the tragedy. He disclosed that Rasheed was the only son of his parents.

“They always quarreled, but we didn’t know this could result in his death,” he said. He recalled how the suspect was sent packing on many occasions, but her late husband went and brought her back to the family. “Let Molayo face the consequences of her dastardly act,” he said.

The second-in-command at the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Iyaganku, Ibadan, Mr. Okpara Benjamin, confirmed the incident. He disclosed that that the corpse had been deposited at General Hospital, Yemetu, Ibadan, adding that the suspect would be prosecuted after investigation.

sad

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/crimewatch/2010/oct/28/crimewatch-10-28-2010-001.htm
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by jerryice(m): 5:16am On Oct 28, 2010
Victim

cry cry cry

Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by Osama10(m): 5:42am On Oct 28, 2010
Naija.
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by Nobody: 5:50am On Oct 28, 2010
“After stabbing him, I cried out for help, but our neighbours did not come to assist in saving his life. I cried for help but nobody came to assist me,” she lamented. The incident occurred at Ile Oloola Oja Igbo area of Ibadan, Oyo State. Problem started when Molayo was eating a loaf of bread and her husband decided to take part of it without her permission.

What an excuseeeeeeeee.

But I dont feel sorry for the dead man sha.
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by Osama10(m): 5:51am On Oct 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

What an excuseeeeeeeee.

But I dont feel sorry for the dead man sha.

Are you that mean?
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by Nobody: 5:53am On Oct 28, 2010
Osama10:

Are you that mean?
No.

I got married to my husband in 2007 and the marriage is blessed with a year old child. But my husband was not taking care of me and our child. He usually beat me up each time I requested money for the up-keep of the family,” Molayo said. One of the victim’s relatives said the family was still in shock over the tragedy. He disclosed that Rasheed was the only son of his parents.

I feel sorry for her and her son. She'd prolly be tried, disconnected from her son. Who will raise the child like his mother?

If Rasheed had been a good husband and father, he would still be alive today.
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by onstelly(f): 6:43am On Oct 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

No.

I feel sorry for her and her son. She'd prolly be tried, disconnected from her son. Who will raise the child like his mother?

Exactly but trust naija they wil always blame the women.
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by manmustwac(m): 7:00am On Oct 28, 2010
When they were fighting if neighbours had intervened during the screaming & shouting it would not have happened.  I feel sorry for her but its caused by POVERTY!
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by Okijajuju1(m): 7:50am On Oct 28, 2010
Naija Women shaa?!

SO the man couldnt afford 1000, but gave her the 70Naira he had. Then he decides to eat some of her bread, she flies into a rage and stabs him to death and you people are blaming the man?! shocked shocked Na wah o!!

Men are really suffering!! Despite the fact that the man is dead, Ileke & co are still blaming him!! Dead bodu no fit tell story o! And I say its a lie that a man would beat his wife up for asking for mone for family upkeep! angry That woman should be stoned to death!!
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by Coolabbie: 7:55am On Oct 28, 2010
Kai see wetin poverty don cause.
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by onstelly(f): 8:08am On Oct 28, 2010
@okija juju u hvnt seen wia a woman is beaten cos she ask for feeding money? Then i guess dat u are in another world.

Coolabbie:

Kai see wetin poverty don cause.
Leave poverty out of this cos there is one million and one nigerian that are poor yet they are happy
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by Luvties(m): 8:51am On Oct 28, 2010
She should be jailed!
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by AloyEmeka5: 4:19pm On Oct 28, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

No.

Did you remember to give the same excuse when the Florida pharmacist clubbed his wife to death with baseball bats?. Did you remember to give the same excuse when the English professor shot his wife and himself?. Did you remember to give the same excuse when the carpenter in Nigeria killed his wife?. Different strokes for different people, I guess. Selective justice at its best.
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 28, 2010
Okija_juju:

Naija Women shaa?!

SO the man couldnt afford 1000, but gave her the 70Naira he had. Then he decides to eat some of her bread, she flies into a rage and stabs him to death and you people are blaming the man?!  shocked  shocked Na wah o!!

Men are really suffering!! Despite the fact that the man is dead, Ileke & co are still blaming him!! Dead bodu no fit tell story o! And I say its a lie that a man would beat his wife up for asking for mone for family upkeep!  angry That woman should be stoned to death!!
And? Why should an helpless woman go to jail?
Abegi lol

Aloy+Emeka:

Did you remember to give the same excuse when the Florida pharmacist clubbed his wife to death with baseball bats?. Did you remember to give the same excuse when the English professor shot his wife and himself?. Did you remember to give the same excuse when the carpenter in Nigeria killed his wife?. Different strokes for different people, I guess. Selective justice at its best.
Have you also inspected the excuses I gave for the professor who killed his wife in Texas? Or the one that killed his wife in maryland?

It's not selective justice kan kan. It's Nigerian men not knowing how to be a husband/father.
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by idupaul: 5:52pm On Oct 28, 2010
this Illeke Idi is a wicked woman, angry
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 28, 2010
idupaul:

this Illeke Idi is a wicked woman, angry
Grab a number and join the queue.
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by chiozor: 2:58pm On Nov 01, 2010
a husband ask wife for sex, the wife deny him, she is right, it is her body and she is tired.
a wife ask for feeding money, the husband deny it, she stabs him to dead, serves him right
woe to men (women) will never cease to amaze me lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 01, 2010
chiozor:

a husband ask wife for sex, the wife deny him, she is right, it is her body and she is tired.
a wife ask for feeding money, the husband deny it, she stabs him to dead, serves him right
woe to men (women) will never cease to amaze me lipsrsealed
ehrrm if you read the passage clearly and understand what you read, you'll realize that it wasnt just abt the bread/butter.
And men will never cease to disappoint me.
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by chiozor: 4:26pm On Nov 01, 2010
wtf will push a woman a man went on his own will go to her parents and bring into his house to be together pick up a knife and stab the man gosh sad
and mgbeke eleke ileke is clapping hands.
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by Ibomade1: 4:32pm On Nov 01, 2010
Sad story, Poverty Stinks
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 01, 2010
chiozor:

wtf will push a woman a man went on his own will go to her parents and bring into his house to be together pick up a knife and stab the man gosh sad
and mgbeke eleke ileke is clapping hands.

se iwo ni mgbeke eleke abi aburo e?

Did you fcuxing read the story abt how he never cared for his wife and son, how when he always abuse her and the neighbors have to come and intervene? The neighbors just didnt this time around. We all know how restricted nigerian women, esp muslim ones, are in Nigeria. Who knows if she would have been punished had she left that peice of junk.

abegiii
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by chiozor: 6:26pm On Nov 02, 2010
bullshit! who said women are restricted. women are well protected within the ambit of culture and tradition,
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 02, 2010
chiozor:

bullshit! who said women are restricted. [b]women are well protected [/b]within the ambit of culture and tradition,

*death* Jesu!!!
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 02, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

se iwo ni mgbeke eleke abi aburo e?

Did you fcuxing read the story abt how he never cared for his wife and son, how when he always abuse her and the neighbors have to come and intervene? The neighbors just didnt this time around. We all know how restricted nigerian women, esp muslim ones, are in Nigeria. Who knows if she would have been punished had she left that peice of junk.

abegiii
How did you get that from the story. "They always quarelled"[ most likely over money] is now twisted into the man being an abuser. Where did you get that from?
We are all responsible for our life choices anyway. There was no need to act in such a crazy manner to such a trivial incident.
That is terrible uncontrollable anger and wickedness at work there.
Saying she would have been punished for leaving her husband shows how little you know about Nigeria. What is new in divorce or separation in Nigeria?
Besides is she not now going to be punished for committing murder?
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 03, 2010
tensor777:

How did you get that from the story. "They always quarelled"[ most likely over money] is now twisted into the man being an abuser. Where did you get that from?
We are all responsible for our life choices anyway. There was no need to act in such a crazy manner to such a trivial incident.
That is terrible uncontrollable anger and wickedness at work there.
Saying she would have been punished for leaving her husband shows how little you know about Nigeria. What is new in divorce or separation in Nigeria?
Besides is she not now going to be punished for committing murder?

What have you said now?
Do you know the full story? If she has anyone to go to after the divorce? How she'll take care of her son after the divorce?
Men always trying to vindicate their fellow men when they know how bushmantic / unreasonable Nigerian men are sometimes lipsrsealed

I got married to my husband in 2007 and the marriage is blessed with a year old child. But my husband was not taking care of me and our child. He usually beat me up each time I requested money for the up-keep of the family,” Molayo said. One of the victim’s relatives said the family was still in shock over the tragedy. He disclosed that Rasheed was the only son of his parents.
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by chiozor: 5:06pm On Nov 03, 2010
in family we all have responsibilities. The woman responsilities has been turned to her right which if she like she do or don't in the feminist agenda, but the men responsibilities is a must do.
i repeat again women are well protected in the ambits of culture, well let me talk of mine. a man cannot raise his hands on the woman in my culture, other fellow men will deal ruthlessly on you.
if it is the woman that has that money and she refuses to bring it and during a quarell, the man stab her to death, will you take it
woe to men-women
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 03, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

What have you said now?
Do you know the full story? If she has anyone to go to after the divorce? How she'll take care of her son after the divorce?
Men always trying to vindicate their fellow men when they know how bushmantic / unreasonable Nigerian men are sometimes lipsrsealed
Look here FL Gators you need to take things easy and really take your time to understand Nigerian society before posting on such sensitive topics.
The issue here is you are being too judgemental when you don't know anything about the circumstances under which low income families operate in Nigeria.
The man apparently is self-employed which in Nigerian context means he has no[b] regular [/b] source of income. He could go for days or even weeks without reasonable earnings. Remember that there is also no social security system there.
You would expect the wife in such a scenario to be understanding and also try to earn her own income by petty trade instead of endlessly nagging the husband over money. Loads of Nigerian women do this and are able to attain financial independence.
However this particular woman does have anger and tongue management issues. That is what led to the murder.
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by Nobody: 3:52am On Nov 04, 2010
tensor777:

Look here FL Gators you need to take things easy and really take your time to understand Nigerian society before posting on such sensitive topics.
The issue here is you are being too judgemental when you don't know anything about the circumstances under which low income families operate in Nigeria.
The man apparently is self-employed which in Nigerian context means he has no[b] regular [/b] source of income. He could go for days or even weeks without reasonable earnings. Remember that there is also no social security system there.
You would expect the wife in such a scenario to be understanding and also try to earn her own income by petty trade instead of endlessly nagging the husband over money. Loads of Nigerian women do this and are able to attain financial independence.
However this particular woman does have anger and tongue management issues. That is what led to the murder.

Ok ok, you do make some valuable points. I was agreeing with you until I read your last statement. . . .How did you know she had anger ans tongue management issues? Do you know her personally?

So his circumstances justify his abuse and regular beating of his wife? I don't get that. Even tho the circumstances are uncontrollable, his actions of abuse should have been controlled.

chiozor:

in family we all have responsibilities. The woman responsilities has been turned to her right which if she like she do or don't in the feminist agenda, but the men responsibilities is a must do.
i repeat again women are well protected in the ambits of culture, well let me talk of mine. a man cannot raise his hands on the woman in my culture, other fellow men will deal ruthlessly on you.
if it is the woman that has that money and she refuses to bring it and during a quarell, the man stab her to death, will you take it
woe to men-women

Ehrrm, yes, tell us less about YOUR culture and more about HERS.
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by chiozor: 4:48pm On Nov 04, 2010
need not tell you, but I know that women are well protected with the ambits of culture and tradition. that women is not allow to frek around and beer parlouring around does not means inhibition to their right.gosh angry even biological make of women inhibit them naturally. the question i have if the woman has the money and refuse the give the man and the man stab her to death, is that ok or if the man stab the women to death for refusing to give him Bleep, is that ok women need to grow up and take up responsibility squarely for their actions and stop whinning over non existent limitations. embarassed
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by Nobody: 8:15pm On Nov 04, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Ok ok, you do make some valuable points. I was agreeing with you until I read your last statement. . . .How did you know she had anger ans tongue management issues? Do you know her personally?
So his circumstances justify his abuse and regular beating of his wife? I don't get that. Even tho the circumstances are uncontrollable, his actions of abuse should have been controlled.
I don't know anything about "regular beating" as that was not mentioned in the story. However I am naturally very wary of stories coming from suspected murderers as they can concoct any tale to escape conviction and crucially as the dead tell no tales.
Nobody except the wife knows for sure what exactly led to the stabbing murder. After all the photo itself indicates a single stab wound to the heart with the stab delivered with great force,
The question is was this a result of a messy brawl  or in fact a sinister and malicious vengeful attack launched when the husband was asleep.? lipsrsealed
If there was a fight how come none of the neighbours intervened in what is supposedly a densely populated area? lipsrsealed
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by MaiSuya(m): 12:15am On Nov 05, 2010
What a pathetic story. sad
Re: Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread by Nobody: 3:49am On Nov 05, 2010
tensor777:

I don't know anything about "regular beating" as that was not mentioned in the story. However I am naturally very wary of stories coming from suspected murderers as they can concoct any tale to escape conviction and crucially as the dead tell no tales.
Nobody except the wife knows for sure what exactly led to the stabbing murder. After all the photo itself indicates a single stab wound to the heart  with the stab delivered with great force,
The question is was this a result of a messy brawl  or in fact a sinister and malicious vengeful attack launched when the husband was asleep.? lipsrsealed
If there was a fight how come none of the neighbours intervened in what is supposedly a densely populated area? lipsrsealed
My oh my!!! You can't just assume that her story is false because she's the last one breathing. That was your first mistake.

“I was frustrated as he could only afford to give me N70, instead of the N1,000. We started exchanging words and he suddenly held my back. As I tried to lose myself from his grip, he started beating me up. Fight later broke out and it was in the process that I used the knife to stab him in the chest and he died at about 2.00 pm.
You determined that the stab wound was by a great force because. . . .? They could have been fighting over the knife and ish could have happened. Please assumption is never 100% correct, so don't go castigating a woman based on what your eyes saw, are you an ME? No, okay then.
We know that the story about him beating her is true because the neighbors have intervened in two or more of their fights. So if a woman was being beaten, at that point, she'd do anything to defend herself.

the crime scene looks like it was outside. . . . so her husband could have been sleeping on the floor outside?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Dies After 'RIP' Was Written At The Back Of His Shirt During Graduation / Internet 419 / Someone Future Wife, Slay Queen Exposed Body Over Man's Fight At Shopping Mall.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.